NATION

PASSWORD

The Imperial Party

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Imperia-Maxima
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

The Imperial Party

Postby Imperia-Maxima » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:32 am

What do you think of this:

We believe in a healthy and just society guided by the principles of respect, honesty, integrity, manners and fair play. We shall re-establish the family as the basic and natural unit of society and encourage the institution of marriage with tax-breaks and the return of the Married Man’s Allowance to help ensure that all children are brought up in stable families with both a mother and father. We believe that the Christian values that have grown out of our country over centuries are fundamental and must be safeguarded and respected if we are morally and socially to survive the great technological changes of the modern era. We shall foster honour and integrity in the new generations by an educational curriculum promoting excellence and deference, and will discourage the modern practice of excessive permissiveness among the young that has lead to so many social and behavioural problems in our towns and cities. We will put a stop to the wholesale immigration that has imbalanced and divided so many of our communities, and introduce a limited quota system based on significant national economic need, requiring full English literacy in all new immigrants, and the presumption that they will change to accommodate our culture, not the other way around. In the case of asylum-seekers, we shall follow our obligations under the U.N. Charter for Refugees, and accept only those for whom Britain is the ‘nearest safe country’, on condition that they too learn our language and adapt to our culture. We shall end the absurdities of political correctness and seek to foster mutual respect and pride among all British subjects.

INDEPENDENCE – Britain, a nation not a province!

There can be no compromise on national sovereignty – we are either independent or we are not! At present, the unelected and completely unaccountable European Commission has primacy over our own national parliament and elected representatives – we say that this is a disenfranchisement on a colossal scale and it must be reversed. Joining the Euro, too, would also entail giving away Britain’s power to set Her own interest rates – a vital tool for managing our own economy for our own benefit. We shall therefore withdraw from all E.U. treaties that usurp the power of our sovereign parliament and keep (or restore, if necessary) the pound as our national currency. Our withdrawal from the European Union will not only allow us to develop bilateral trade agreements with the remaining E.U. countries, as Norway and Switzerland are successfully doing, but also give us unfetted access to the growing economies of China, India and the Far East. We will revoke all unnecessary ‘harmonisation’ laws forced on us by the E.U., and revert to Britain’s traditional systems of measurement and practice. We believe in a strong, independent Europe of friendly nation states, but not in the sprawling, undemocratic, corrupt, bureaucratic circus the European Union has become. After leaving the E.U. as a trading area, we shall seek to foster stronger economic ties with the Commonwealth dominions of Canada, Australia and New Zealand, with which we have great historic and cultural ties. We shall also ensure Britain’s integrity against the influences of large multinational companies – the good of our country cannot be bought or sold!

No Names Left Damn It
Minister

Founded: Oct 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: The Imperial Party

Postby No Names Left Damn It » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:37 am

Sounds alright, but the whole "permissiveness" and Christian values bullshit is a no thanks for me.
Original join date March 25th 2008, bitches!
Economic Left/Right: 1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.12

Hydesland
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Hydesland » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:38 am

Sounds like UKIP

Pure Metal
Envoy

Founded: Apr 07, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Pure Metal » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:45 am

Christian? no thanks.
Anti-Euro? no thanks.
Anti-immigration? no thanks.
seeking past glory? no thanks.

the EU > the UK.
+19,376ish posts
Economic Left/Right: -9.13 :: Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.82
Moral Order: -5 :: Moral Rules: +6.5
www.hljphotography.co.uk :: www.planetrock.com

No Names Left Damn It
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby No Names Left Damn It » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:47 am

Pure Metal wrote:Christian? no thanks.
Anti-Euro? no thanks.

the EU > the UK.

We actually lose money by remaining a part of the EU.

Belschaft
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:02 am

No Names Left Damn It wrote:
Pure Metal wrote:Christian? no thanks.
Anti-Euro? no thanks.

the EU > the UK.

We actually lose money by remaining a part of the EU.

Not true. People say this all the time but it is simply not the case.
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

Xon Vredl
Secretary

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Xon Vredl » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:07 am

Imperia-Maxima wrote:We shall re-establish the family as the basic and natural unit of society and encourage the institution of marriage with tax-breaks and the return of the Married Man’s Allowance to help ensure that all children are brought up in stable families with both a mother and father.

A family's stability is not dependent on the presence of a mother and father. I can see how the number of parents is relevant, but why does gender matter?

Imperia-Maxima wrote:We believe that the Christian values that have grown out of our country over centuries are fundamental and must be safeguarded and respected if we are morally and socially to survive the great technological changes of the modern era.

So the countries where other values than Christian ones are fundamental are doomed? What do you mean by "Christian values" anyway? Does the Old Testament count? Some values that could be argued to be Christian go against every moral fibre in my body.

Imperia-Maxima wrote:We will put a stop to the wholesale immigration that has imbalanced and divided so many of our communities, and introduce a limited quota system based on significant national economic need, requiring full English literacy in all new immigrants, and the presumption that they will change to accommodate our culture, not the other way around. In the case of asylum-seekers, we shall follow our obligations under the U.N. Charter for Refugees, and accept only those for whom Britain is the ‘nearest safe country’, on condition that they too learn our language and adapt to our culture.

This is not compatible with Christian values, in my opinion.

No Names Left Damn It
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby No Names Left Damn It » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:08 am

Belschaft wrote:Not true. People say this all the time but it is simply not the case.

According to a source Angleter posted, and I'll ask him for it when he comes online, we lose £2 billion pounds per year as part of the EU.

Belschaft
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:11 am

Belschaft wrote:Not true. People say this all the time but it is simply not the case.

According to a source Angleter posted, and I'll ask him for it when he comes online, we lose £2 billion pounds per year as part of the EU.

I've had this debate before, when ever people calculate these they don't included benefits to private citizens through access to the common market and the like. While the EU may cost the government to be in, the money made by UK residents that we'd lose by dropping out more than makes up for it. Plus we can then tax that, making up the deficit. Being in the EU is good for everyone, both in financial terms and other matters such as freedom of movement, education and technology sharing.
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.

Hydesland
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Hydesland » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:16 am

That money goes mainly to the CAP to subsidise the very cheap food we have access to and consume in the billions, though I'm not a massive fan of the CAP. Access to the common market is a massive plus, and European Economic integration has created stability and growth for all countries in the EU, even Greece.

Imperia-Maxima
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperia-Maxima » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:17 am

Not if we lose our sovereignty. I wouldnt feel good if someone in Serbia was making all the descisions.

Belschaft
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:24 am

Imperia-Maxima wrote:Not if we lose our sovereignty. I wouldnt feel good if someone in Serbia was making all the descisions.

Their not though.

Saint Clair Island
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Clair Island » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:40 am

For some reason, I misread "Imperia-Maxima" as Europa Maxima, and clicked on this thread in the faint hope that EM had returned. Since that is not, in fact, the case, I would like the forty seconds I spent reading this thread back.
Signatures are for losers.

Letat
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Letat » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:22 am

Imperia-Maxima wrote:Not if we lose our sovereignty. I wouldnt feel good if someone in Serbia was making all the descisions.

First - Serbia's not a member of the EU.

Second - no one country makes all the decisions - that's the point of a confederation like the EU. You make decisions as a group, and there are mechanisms for establishing consensus or majority rulings.
:::Sans la liberté de blâmer, il n'est point d'éloge flatteur:::
:::Absent the freedom to criticize, there is no flattering praise:::

Sethras Confederation
Attaché

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sethras Confederation » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:31 am

Sounds like a soft version of the BNP to me. And you Brits already have strong ties with your colonies.

Well, I wouldn't care as long as you don't support unionism or Ireland 'rejoining' the UK. If you do, however...
Last edited by Sethras Confederation on Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Assaulting the portal leading to your future social life."
"Don't care about anything; become a sociopathic misanthropist Warcraft addict."

Read if feeling depressed
Big Jim P wrote:It's to bad there not a Satanic school. Can you imagine the fun the kids would have?

Efelmoren
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Efelmoren » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:02 am

What would you identify yourself as, politically speaking?

The whole "Christian values" needs to be clarified. 99% of the time that idea is crap.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General