NATION

PASSWORD

Coming out parties? O_o

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Panzerjaeger
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9856
Founded: Sep 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Panzerjaeger » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:43 pm

Galiria wrote:
Panzerjaeger wrote:How the hell would you know you are gay at 9? I didn't even know I was straight by then in fact the thought had never crossed my mind. :?

Some children are hyper-sexual...

That or society is so eager to label everyone and everything it is bleeding over into our children.
Friendly Neighborhood Fascist™
ФАШИЗМ БЕЗГРАНИЧНЫЙ И КРАСНЫЙ
Caninope wrote:Toyota: Keep moving forward, even when you don't want to!

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:Timothy McVeigh casts... Pyrotechnics!

Greater Americania wrote:lol "No Comrade Ivan! Don't stick your head in there! That's the wood chi...!"

New Kereptica wrote:Fascism: because people are too smart nowadays.

User avatar
Unilisia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12053
Founded: May 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:44 pm

Tokos wrote:Lol, you can't be a lesbian at 10. Doubtless she'll be one of those weird girls who swings back and forth in their teenage years depending on the wind (not depending on whom they're actually attracted to).

Why exactly does sexual preference require a party? Maybe I go ask my friends if any of them like firecrotches and if so that's an excuse for a piss-up.


I beg to differ. I understood what sexuality is when I was 6 years old, and I knew I liked both males and females at that time as well. So, I was bisexual before the age of 10, thus making me a lesbian before that time as well.

Argument invalid.
I am the mighty Uni.

Tiami wrote:I bow before the mighty Uni.

Lackadaisical2 wrote:If it shocked Uni, I know I don't want to read it.
You win.

Kylarnatia wrote:Steep hill + wheelchair + my lap - I think we know where that goes ;)

Katganistan wrote:That is fucking stupid.

L Ron Cupboard wrote:He appears to be propelling himself out of the flames with explosive diarrhea while his mother does jazz hands.

Mike the Progressive wrote:Because women are gods, men are pigs, and we, the males, deserve to all be castrated.

Neo Arcad wrote:Uni doesn't sleep. She waits.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Collector: "Why are these coins all sticky?"

User avatar
Saint Clair Island
Minister
 
Posts: 3233
Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Clair Island » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:45 pm

Tokos wrote:Yes, sexual attraction is necessarily to do with sex. It's kind of in the name.

Being gay or straight is to do with which sex you get hard/wet from. I can't believe I have to spell this out.

sexual, adj. 1. of or relating to the sexes; 2. of or relating to sexual intercourse.

The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Anyway: Your position on this issue really depends on whether you're taking the terms sexual attraction/orientation/etc to mean sexual attraction or fucktacular attraction. If the latter, then obviously it's unlikely most children will experience it. If the former, that happens all the time.

It is thus possible to be sexually attracted to males or females or hamsters at any age, but uninterested in them fucktacularly (hmm. this needs to be shortened a bit. maybe "fuckwise"?) until sexual maturity.

Clear?
Signatures are for losers.

User avatar
Saurisia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7693
Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisia » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:45 pm

A LITTLE too far, in my opinion, if someone wanted to reveal he's/she's gay, he'd/she'd tell his/her parents that. I mean, I never had a party when I revealed my Dino fetish on NS, did I?

Which reminds me...

*Googles Dino porn*
Israslovakahzerbajan wrote:Stealing a copy of The Land Before Time.
Coccygia wrote:The only good mammal is a dead mammal.
Pythria wrote:Fascist dictatorship run by dinosaurs. I like it
Tartonica wrote:2/10 because dinosaurs do NOT rule nations (Except for Saurisia)
The Tavan Race wrote:Yeah, your nation scares me
Wolohanistan wrote:Saurisia - Dinosaur Dictatorship is the best dictatorship, not that we support that sort of thing.
Conoga wrote:Dinosaurs-in-Bikinis-Boy
Lancov wrote:Condemn, because we now have to go soak our brains in bleach.
The Floor Kippers wrote:We Have Dinosaurs.....Argument Rendered Invalid
Grossrheinland Reich wrote:DINOSAUR FETISHIST
Tetraca wrote:Also: yay, Saurisia's here! This thread just became more awesome :D
FT Population: 1,000,000,000,000
DINOSAURS RULE!

User avatar
The Norwegian Blue
Minister
 
Posts: 2529
Founded: Jul 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Norwegian Blue » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:47 pm

Saint Clair Island wrote:
Tokos wrote:Yes, sexual attraction is necessarily to do with sex. It's kind of in the name.

Being gay or straight is to do with which sex you get hard/wet from. I can't believe I have to spell this out.

sexual, adj. 1. of or relating to the sexes; 2. of or relating to sexual intercourse.

The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Anyway: Your position on this issue really depends on whether you're taking the terms sexual attraction/orientation/etc to mean sexual attraction or fucktacular attraction. If the latter, then obviously it's unlikely most children will experience it. If the former, that happens all the time.

It is thus possible to be sexually attracted to males or females or hamsters at any age, but uninterested in them fucktacularly (hmm. this needs to be shortened a bit. maybe "fuckwise"?) until sexual maturity.

Clear?


I fully support this new word.
Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things. - Reichskommissariat ost
...if you poop just to poop, then it is immoral. - Bandarikin
And if abortion was illegal, there wouldn't be male doctors - Green Port
Stop making a potato punch itself in the scrote after first manifesting a fist and a scrote. - RepentNowOrPayLater
And...you aren't aroused by the premise of a snot-hocking giraffe leaping through a third story bay window after a sex toy? What are you...I mean...are you some kind of weirdo or something? - Hammurab

User avatar
Lauchlin
Minister
 
Posts: 2038
Founded: Jun 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lauchlin » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:47 pm

Saurisia wrote:A LITTLE too far, in my opinion, if someone wanted to reveal he's/she's gay, he'd/she'd tell his/her parents that. I mean, I never had a party when I revealed my Dino fetish on NS, did I?

Which reminds me...

*Googles Dino porn*

I don't know about you, but I've never seen people on TV talking about how you're a deviant and unfit to parent because of your attraction to dinosaurs. Maybe other people's situations are different than yours.

User avatar
Person012345
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16783
Founded: Feb 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Person012345 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:47 pm

Tokos wrote:
Innsmothe wrote:I was quite openly gay at eight. :eyebrow:


You mean you liked pink or something? Eight year olds don't want to fuck either boys or girls. This is not a German commune we really should know this by now.

Because big generalisations are always right?

Completely ignoring that it is feasible for kids that young to have sexual orientation "normally", have you ever heard of precocious puberty?

User avatar
Supreme Marshal Petan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1124
Founded: Oct 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Supreme Marshal Petan » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:48 pm

I think sexuality is both flexible and not concrete. An individual can derive sexual pleasure from both the opposite and same sex, without being one or the other. In that way, and not to play on the old joke, but we are all a little bit bi. So again what defines sexuality? What does it mean to be gay or a lesbian? Genetics certainly does play a role, but as does culture.
"Modern life, too, is often a mechanical oppression and liquor is the only mechanical relief." -Ernest Hemingway

User avatar
Fartsniffage
Post Czar
 
Posts: 30440
Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Fartsniffage » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:49 pm

Lauchlin wrote:I don't know about you, but I've never seen people on TV talking about how you're a deviant and unfit to parent because of your attraction to dinosaurs. Maybe other people's situations are different than yours.


Call WBC.

I'm sure something could be sorted out.

User avatar
Tokos
Senator
 
Posts: 4870
Founded: Oct 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tokos » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:49 pm

Innsmothe wrote:Then why do five year old boys in their innocence regularly kiss girls, but not guys? If you were correct then children wouldn't be so discriminate, and would kiss both sexes without complaint.


Because it is socially unacceptable to kiss men in the Anglosphere.

I'm sorry, but that's utter nonsense. People do not marry members of their preferred gender(s) because they just want to fuck. They marry each other because they are in love, and they do not fall in love with people outside their preferred gender(s). To pretend that romantic feelings are not part of one's sexual orientation is complete bullshit.


You are contradicting yourself. First you say marriage is not just done for sex, which is of course true, then you say that all the love and commitment that go into marriage are somehow part of one's sexuality.

Please learn to separate affection/love, and sexuality. I guess, if I feel strong affection for one of my male friends, that means I'm gay? :eyebrow:
The Confederal Fasces of Tokos

Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.05

User avatar
Galiria
Diplomat
 
Posts: 683
Founded: Jun 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Galiria » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:50 pm

Lauchlin wrote:
Saurisia wrote:A LITTLE too far, in my opinion, if someone wanted to reveal he's/she's gay, he'd/she'd tell his/her parents that. I mean, I never had a party when I revealed my Dino fetish on NS, did I?

Which reminds me...

*Googles Dino porn*

I don't know about you, but I've never seen people on TV talking about how you're a deviant and unfit to parent because of your attraction to dinosaurs. Maybe other people's situations are different than yours.

I think that's just because people on TV don't know about him, more than any sort of cultural acceptance of dino fetishes.

He'd probably be lumped in as a furry, despite it being an oxymoron.
Political Compass
Economic: Left/Right: -6.62
Social: Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.69

User avatar
Person012345
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16783
Founded: Feb 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Person012345 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:53 pm

Lauchlin wrote:
Saurisia wrote:A LITTLE too far, in my opinion, if someone wanted to reveal he's/she's gay, he'd/she'd tell his/her parents that. I mean, I never had a party when I revealed my Dino fetish on NS, did I?

Which reminds me...

*Googles Dino porn*

I don't know about you, but I've never seen people on TV talking about how you're a deviant and unfit to parent because of your attraction to dinosaurs. Maybe other people's situations are different than yours.

Nobody threw me a party when I came out to NS. :(

User avatar
Fartsniffage
Post Czar
 
Posts: 30440
Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Fartsniffage » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:54 pm

Person012345 wrote:Nobody threw me a party when I came out to NS. :(


We did. We just didn't invite you.

User avatar
Saint Clair Island
Minister
 
Posts: 3233
Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Clair Island » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:54 pm

The Norwegian Blue wrote:I fully support this new word.

I still can't believe they just took new words from all over the place, didn't bother integrating half of them properly with the old Anglo-Saxon ones and then gave some of them multiple, inconsistent meanings. I blame Noah Webster. That asshole.

Tokos wrote:Please learn to separate affection/love, and sexuality. I guess, if I feel strong affection for one of my male friends, that means I'm gay? :eyebrow:

If you experience the same kind of romantic love you would for a girlfriend, there's a pretty good chance you're a fa-- ...bulous person, yes. (Review the "four loves" -- affection for a friend is not the same thing as love for a romantic partner.)
Signatures are for losers.

User avatar
Tokos
Senator
 
Posts: 4870
Founded: Oct 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tokos » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:56 pm

The kind of feelings felt around a new flame are pretty damn hormonal… funny you reference CS Lewis' work, as he calls this an "erotic cloud" in the Screwtape Letters if I remember correctly.
The Confederal Fasces of Tokos

Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.05

User avatar
Yootwopia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7866
Founded: Aug 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yootwopia » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:58 pm

We had those all the time, they were called "normal parties" where everyone gets incredibly pissed and either bares their soul or ends up trying to fuck someone that they're vaguely into.
Technically a Polanski.

User avatar
Person012345
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16783
Founded: Feb 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Person012345 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:59 pm

Fartsniffage wrote:
Person012345 wrote:Nobody threw me a party when I came out to NS. :(


We did. We just didn't invite you.

Oh. Well that's ok then. I don't like parties, I wouldn't have come even if I was invited most likely.

User avatar
Tokos
Senator
 
Posts: 4870
Founded: Oct 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tokos » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:00 pm

Yootwopia wrote:We had those all the time, they were called "normal parties" where everyone gets incredibly pissed and either bares their soul or ends up trying to fuck someone that they're vaguely into.


Aged 10? Interesting childhood you had!

I wonder if those normal parties can be considered coming out parties, though. After all, there's always some guy who gets a little too drunk and a little too friendly, which no one lets him forget for weeks.
The Confederal Fasces of Tokos

Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.05

User avatar
Innsmothe
Senator
 
Posts: 4305
Founded: Sep 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Innsmothe » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:01 pm

Tokos wrote:
Yootwopia wrote:We had those all the time, they were called "normal parties" where everyone gets incredibly pissed and either bares their soul or ends up trying to fuck someone that they're vaguely into.


Aged 10? Interesting childhood you had!

I wonder if those normal parties can be considered coming out parties, though. After all, there's always some guy who gets a little too drunk and a little too friendly, which no one lets him forget for weeks.


ou sound like you had personal experience, care to share? :)
ان الذي فشل لقتلي فقط يجعلني غريب
"an aledy feshel leqtely feqt yej'eleny gheryeb"
Ronald Reagan: "Well, what do you believe in? Do you want to abolish the rich?"
Olof Palme, the Prime Minister of Sweden: "No, I want to abolish the poor."

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.54

User avatar
Yootwopia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7866
Founded: Aug 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yootwopia » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:02 pm

Tokos wrote:I wonder if those normal parties can be considered coming out parties, though.

Err their purpose was basically always to keep A&E wards from being complacent and to expose everyone's sexual mores, so "pretty much" would be the answer to that.
Technically a Polanski.

User avatar
Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9452
Founded: Jan 09, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Der Teutoniker » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:03 pm

Ayndia wrote:I...wasn't aware people had parties for coming out. Doesn't that go against the whole belief of not making it a big deal?

Discuss?


Whose belief is to not make it a big deal? Most of the gay guys I personally know make it a fairly large part of their overall lifestyle. Some seem like any other guy... but into dudes.

Some make it a big deal, some don't. Is that especially problematic? Should there be some law that gays aren't allowed to make it a big deal? I personally don't see why it should be a big deal... but I'm not these people, so whatev.
South Lorenya wrote:occasionally we get someone who has a rap sheet longer than Jormungandr

Austin Setzer wrote:We found a couple of ancient documents, turned them into the bible, and now its the symbol of christianity.

ARM Forces wrote:Strep-throat is an infection in the throat, caused by eating too much refined sugar! Rubbing more sugar directly on it is the worst thing you can possibly do.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Communism and anarchy; same unachievable end, different impractical means.

User avatar
Saurisia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7693
Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisia » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:04 pm

Lauchlin wrote:
Saurisia wrote:A LITTLE too far, in my opinion, if someone wanted to reveal he's/she's gay, he'd/she'd tell his/her parents that. I mean, I never had a party when I revealed my Dino fetish on NS, did I?

Which reminds me...

*Googles Dino porn*

I don't know about you, but I've never seen people on TV talking about how you're a deviant and unfit to parent because of your attraction to dinosaurs. Maybe other people's situations are different than yours.


True, true.
Israslovakahzerbajan wrote:Stealing a copy of The Land Before Time.
Coccygia wrote:The only good mammal is a dead mammal.
Pythria wrote:Fascist dictatorship run by dinosaurs. I like it
Tartonica wrote:2/10 because dinosaurs do NOT rule nations (Except for Saurisia)
The Tavan Race wrote:Yeah, your nation scares me
Wolohanistan wrote:Saurisia - Dinosaur Dictatorship is the best dictatorship, not that we support that sort of thing.
Conoga wrote:Dinosaurs-in-Bikinis-Boy
Lancov wrote:Condemn, because we now have to go soak our brains in bleach.
The Floor Kippers wrote:We Have Dinosaurs.....Argument Rendered Invalid
Grossrheinland Reich wrote:DINOSAUR FETISHIST
Tetraca wrote:Also: yay, Saurisia's here! This thread just became more awesome :D
FT Population: 1,000,000,000,000
DINOSAURS RULE!

User avatar
Innsmothe
Senator
 
Posts: 4305
Founded: Sep 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Innsmothe » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:05 pm

Der Teutoniker wrote:
Ayndia wrote:I...wasn't aware people had parties for coming out. Doesn't that go against the whole belief of not making it a big deal?

Discuss?


Whose belief is to not make it a big deal? Most of the gay guys I personally know make it a fairly large part of their overall lifestyle. Some seem like any other guy... but into dudes.

Some make it a big deal, some don't. Is that especially problematic? Should there be some law that gays aren't allowed to make it a big deal? I personally don't see why it should be a big deal... but I'm not these people, so whatev.


Yeah, I used my sexuality as an excuse to act on my overly aggressive personality. Cause you know, "gay's are pansies". :lol:
ان الذي فشل لقتلي فقط يجعلني غريب
"an aledy feshel leqtely feqt yej'eleny gheryeb"
Ronald Reagan: "Well, what do you believe in? Do you want to abolish the rich?"
Olof Palme, the Prime Minister of Sweden: "No, I want to abolish the poor."

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.54

User avatar
Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9452
Founded: Jan 09, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Der Teutoniker » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:06 pm

Panzerjaeger wrote:That or society is so eager to label everyone and everything it is bleeding over into our children.


Probably this.
South Lorenya wrote:occasionally we get someone who has a rap sheet longer than Jormungandr

Austin Setzer wrote:We found a couple of ancient documents, turned them into the bible, and now its the symbol of christianity.

ARM Forces wrote:Strep-throat is an infection in the throat, caused by eating too much refined sugar! Rubbing more sugar directly on it is the worst thing you can possibly do.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Communism and anarchy; same unachievable end, different impractical means.

User avatar
The Norwegian Blue
Minister
 
Posts: 2529
Founded: Jul 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Norwegian Blue » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:09 pm

Tokos wrote:
Innsmothe wrote:Then why do five year old boys in their innocence regularly kiss girls, but not guys? If you were correct then children wouldn't be so discriminate, and would kiss both sexes without complaint.


Because it is socially unacceptable to kiss men in the Anglosphere.

I'm sorry, but that's utter nonsense. People do not marry members of their preferred gender(s) because they just want to fuck. They marry each other because they are in love, and they do not fall in love with people outside their preferred gender(s). To pretend that romantic feelings are not part of one's sexual orientation is complete bullshit.


You are contradicting yourself. First you say marriage is not just done for sex, which is of course true, then you say that all the love and commitment that go into marriage are somehow part of one's sexuality.

Please learn to separate affection/love, and sexuality. I guess, if I feel strong affection for one of my male friends, that means I'm gay? :eyebrow:


...no, it doesn't, unless it's ROMANTIC affection. Do you generally write shitty poetry about how beautiful your male friend's eyes are? Do you daydream about what it would be like to kiss him? When he gives you a hug, do you snuggle into his arms and inhale his scent and think about how safe and warm he makes you feel? Do you practice signing your first name with his last name when you have a spare scrap of paper in front of you, and draw little hearts around the results? Do you blush and stammer whenever he says something nice about you? Do you fall asleep imagining him spooning you, and dream about your perfect wedding to him? Because honestly, I'm pretty damned sure that if you did those things, even if you never once fucked him or particularly wished to fuck him, you'd acknowledge that your sexual orientation (i.e. your orientation towards a particular sex) includes attraction to men.

I get that you really want to pretend that sexual orientation is all about fucking, but the fact that everyone else in this thread keeps telling you it's not might give you a hint that your definition is just plain wrong.

Here, let's get wiki in on the act, too:

Sexual orientation describes a pattern of emotional, romantic, or sexual attraction to men, women, both genders, neither gender, or another gender.
Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things. - Reichskommissariat ost
...if you poop just to poop, then it is immoral. - Bandarikin
And if abortion was illegal, there wouldn't be male doctors - Green Port
Stop making a potato punch itself in the scrote after first manifesting a fist and a scrote. - RepentNowOrPayLater
And...you aren't aroused by the premise of a snot-hocking giraffe leaping through a third story bay window after a sex toy? What are you...I mean...are you some kind of weirdo or something? - Hammurab

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Abarri, Baidu [Spider], Gopnikea, Mostrov, Napkizemlja, Ostroeuropa, Page, Sapientia Et Bellum, The Xenopolis Confederation, Vassenor, Washington Resistance Army

Advertisement

Remove ads