NATION

PASSWORD

NS Jolt Forums are gone.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:17 pm

Linux and the X wrote:What's that about n00bs, Mr 2007 join date? :D

Less than Two Years=Noob

Two years=Not noob.

Three years=Not noob.

Etc.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

United Earthlings
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United Earthlings » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:17 pm

NS Jolt Forums are gone.

After the Epic Failure of disaster that was NS2, I'm actually surprised they didn't take down the forum months ago.

Sorry, Jolt even though you won't be missed it is a little saddening to think of all that history that for the most part has been lost to the ages, like the destruction of the Library of Alexandria a many great works of knowledge and art are now forever gone.

A moment of silence…
Commonwealth Defence Export|OC Thread for Storefront|Write-Ups
Embassy Page|Categories Types

You may delay, but time will not, therefore make sure to enjoy the time you've wasted.

Welcome to the NSverse, where funding priorities and spending levels may seem very odd, to say the least.

Kanavan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Kanavan » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:18 pm

I live in New York City except I don't get out much so I mainly just pass by residential areas throughout my entire life in the city. Now I feel a little sadder about myself. I should go take a random stroll through a completely random neighborhood one day and hope I don't get lost (which I will).

Frenca
Minister

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Frenca » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:19 pm

Kanavan wrote:I live in New York City except I don't get out much so I mainly just pass by residential areas throughout my entire life in the city. Now I feel a little sadder about myself. I should go take a random stroll through a completely random neighborhood one day and hope I don't get lost (which I will).

I used to live in Staten Island once.
The Great Kingdom of Frenca and the Protectorates of The Kingdom of Auatris, The Kingdom of France-Bourbon, and The Kingdom of France and Bourbon
Factbook 1: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=40250 New Factbook!: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=69302
Old Embassies: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=37051 Embassies: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=44956
My villa. Resting in the archives.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.44

The Grand World Order
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 03, 2007
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand World Order » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:19 pm

Kanavan wrote:I live in New York City except I don't get out much so I mainly just pass by residential areas throughout my entire life in the city. Now I feel a little sadder about myself. I should go take a random stroll through a completely random neighborhood one day and hope I don't get lost (which I will).

I had a natural sense of direction in NYC. It felt like I belonged there, and TBH I'd love to live there if it wasn't so damned expensive.
United States Marine Corps Non-Commissioned Officer turned Private Military Contractor
Basque American
NS's only post-apoc, neo-western, cassette-punk, conspiracy-laden, pseudo-mystic Fascist UN-clone utopia
Peace sells, but who's buying? | Right is the new punk
A Better Class of Fascist
Got Discord? Add me at griff1337
Economic Left/Right: 4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 8.13
Amerikians: That sir, is one Epic Tank.
Altamirus: Behold the fascist God of War.
Aelosia: Shiiiiit, you are hot. More pics, I demand.

Saurisia
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisia » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:20 pm

I hail from rural Western Washington myself.
Israslovakahzerbajan wrote:Stealing a copy of The Land Before Time.
Coccygia wrote:The only good mammal is a dead mammal.
Pythria wrote:Fascist dictatorship run by dinosaurs. I like it
Tartonica wrote:2/10 because dinosaurs do NOT rule nations (Except for Saurisia)
The Tavan Race wrote:Yeah, your nation scares me
Wolohanistan wrote:Saurisia - Dinosaur Dictatorship is the best dictatorship, not that we support that sort of thing.
Conoga wrote:Dinosaurs-in-Bikinis-Boy
Lancov wrote:Condemn, because we now have to go soak our brains in bleach.
The Floor Kippers wrote:We Have Dinosaurs.....Argument Rendered Invalid
Grossrheinland Reich wrote:DINOSAUR FETISHIST
Tetraca wrote:Also: yay, Saurisia's here! This thread just became more awesome :D
FT Population: 1,000,000,000,000
DINOSAURS RULE!

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:20 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:

Less than Two Years=Noob

Two years=Not noob.

Three years=Not noob.

Etc.

No, see, the way it works is that anyone one newer than me is a n00b, and anyone older is out-of-touch.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

Frenca
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenca » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:21 pm

Saurisia wrote:I hail from rural Western Washington myself.

I was born in Maryland. I still can remember those crab cakes and Washington DC.
The Great Kingdom of Frenca and the Protectorates of The Kingdom of Auatris, The Kingdom of France-Bourbon, and The Kingdom of France and Bourbon
Factbook 1: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=40250 New Factbook!: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=69302

United Earthlings
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United Earthlings » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:22 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:Less than Two Years=Noob

Two years=Not noob.

Three years=Not noob.

Etc.

What's six years besides of course not a noob or newb?

Or after that long do you become a noob again after seeing so much you go crazy, lose you mind and decided that maybe declaring war on the World Assembly/nuking everyone is actually a good idea after all. :roll:
Last edited by United Earthlings on Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Commonwealth Defence Export|OC Thread for Storefront|Write-Ups
Embassy Page|Categories Types

You may delay, but time will not, therefore make sure to enjoy the time you've wasted.

Welcome to the NSverse, where funding priorities and spending levels may seem very odd, to say the least.

Brauzillia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Brauzillia » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:22 pm

The Grand World Order wrote:

I had a natural sense of direction in NYC. It felt like I belonged there, and TBH I'd love to live there if it wasn't so damned expensive.

I'm a New Yorker in Northern Manhattan near the Bronx by walking distance, great site, visited alot for trucks, tanks and held history
Last edited by Brauzillia on Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:23 pm

Linux and the X wrote:No, see, the way it works is that anyone one newer than me is a n00b, and anyone older is out-of-touch.

April 30th join date guy: "Hey Linux how are you-"

Linux: "NOOOOOOOB!" :p
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:23 pm

Less than Two Years=Noob

Two years=Not noob.

Three years=Not noob.

Etc.

Join date and noobishness are unrelated. Some players joined in 2005 and are still noobs. Others joined yesterday and never will be.

New =/= noob
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:23 pm

Frenca wrote:I was born in Maryland. I still can remember those crab cakes and Washington DC.

Hey, a fellow Marylander! It seems I'm not the only one. :lol:

Saurisia
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisia » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:24 pm

True, OMG, true.
Israslovakahzerbajan wrote:Stealing a copy of The Land Before Time.
Coccygia wrote:The only good mammal is a dead mammal.
Pythria wrote:Fascist dictatorship run by dinosaurs. I like it
Tartonica wrote:2/10 because dinosaurs do NOT rule nations (Except for Saurisia)
The Tavan Race wrote:Yeah, your nation scares me
Wolohanistan wrote:Saurisia - Dinosaur Dictatorship is the best dictatorship, not that we support that sort of thing.
Conoga wrote:Dinosaurs-in-Bikinis-Boy
Lancov wrote:Condemn, because we now have to go soak our brains in bleach.
The Floor Kippers wrote:We Have Dinosaurs.....Argument Rendered Invalid
Grossrheinland Reich wrote:DINOSAUR FETISHIST
Tetraca wrote:Also: yay, Saurisia's here! This thread just became more awesome :D
FT Population: 1,000,000,000,000
DINOSAURS RULE!

Frenca
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenca » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:24 pm

Frenca wrote:I was born in Maryland. I still can remember those crab cakes and Washington DC.

Hey, a fellow Marylander! It seems I'm not the only one. :lol:

Hi! I was born in Gaithersburg, btw.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:26 pm

United Earthlings wrote:What's six years besides of course not a noob or newb?

Or after that long do you become a noob again after seeing so much you go crazy, lose you mind and decided that maybe declaring war on the World Assembly is actually a good idea after all. :roll:

A veteran. You have been through the endless flame barrages; you have fought the noobs in the trenches and emerged bloodied, but alive; you have gunned down dozens of trolls as they charged across the fields of General with your machine-gun of logic; you are a Generalite.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:27 pm

OMGeverynameistaken wrote:Join date and noobishness are unrelated. Some players joined in 2005 and are still noobs. Others joined yesterday and never will be.

New =/= noob

You only say that because you have a '09 join date. ;)

Kanavan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Kanavan » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Well I always find my way back to my "usual areas" at some point (about 30 minutes to an entire hour) mostly because I can't seem to find my north, my south, etc. Strangely enough though, I can usually find my way through Manhattan (I live in Brooklyn by the way) somewhat decently. Perhaps it's because of the landmarks or distinguishable features on certain buildings. We need more trash bins in the city though. There is quite a bit of litter (though most of it I recall being biodegradable, mainly papers) here and I can recall a time where I was looking for a public trashcan but ended up throwing it into some random person's trashcan instead. Probably ruined the recycling process somehow. I felt so dirty after that. I've also felt urges to burn chewing gum. Don't see the appeal of it.
Last edited by Kanavan on Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Grand World Order
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 03, 2007
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand World Order » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:30 pm

Brauzillia wrote:I'm a New Yorker in Northern Manhattan near the Bronx by walking distance, great site, visited alot for trucks, tanks and held history

Some of the things I remember most from NY are visiting Ground Zero, walking the same paths as my grandfather did when he came here from Italy (Ellis Island,) seeing Chicago on Broadway, Times Square...

Loved it. Absolutely loved it.
United States Marine Corps Non-Commissioned Officer turned Private Military Contractor
Basque American
NS's only post-apoc, neo-western, cassette-punk, conspiracy-laden, pseudo-mystic Fascist UN-clone utopia
Peace sells, but who's buying? | Right is the new punk
A Better Class of Fascist
Got Discord? Add me at griff1337
Economic Left/Right: 4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 8.13
Amerikians: That sir, is one Epic Tank.
Altamirus: Behold the fascist God of War.
Aelosia: Shiiiiit, you are hot. More pics, I demand.

Nobel Hobos
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:33 pm

I noticed that Jolt forums were gone just today. But I still found the post I was looking for in the Google cache.
AKA & RIP BunnySaurus Bugsii, Lucky Bicycle Works, Mean Feat, Godforsaken Warmachine, Class Warhair, Pandarchy

I'm sure I was excited when I won and bummed when I lost, but none of that stuck. Cause I was a kid, and I was alternately stoked and bummed at pretty much any given time. -Cannot think of a name
Brown people are only scary to those whose only contribution to humanity is their white skin.Big Jim P
I am a Christian. Christianity is my Morality's base OS.DASHES
... when the Light on the Hill dims, there are Greener pastures.Ardchoille

Dontgonearthere
Attaché

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dontgonearthere » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:37 pm

OMGeverynameistaken wrote:Join date and noobishness are unrelated. Some players joined in 2005 and are still noobs. Others joined yesterday and never will be.

New =/= noob

You only say that because you have a '09 join date. ;)

Would you prefer it if I used this account? ;)
Workers of the Galaxy, Rise up! You have nothing to lose but your chains! IN SPACE!

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:39 pm

Dontgonearthere wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:You only say that because you have a '09 join date. ;)

Would you prefer it if I used this account? ;)

Maybe he meant posting records?

Meh, its not about noobishness. Its about maturity. I've seen nations with your population who acts like a...schizophrenic child.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:41 pm

Norstal wrote:
Dontgonearthere wrote:Would you prefer it if I used this account? ;)

Maybe he meant posting records?

Meh, its not about noobishness. Its about maturity. I've seen nations with your population who acts like a...schizophrenic child.

That's what I said in my original post.

We might be suffering from some communication issues here. To me a 'noob' is a player who lacks maturity, who can't spell, who godmods and so forth. A newbie, or alternatively newb, is simply a new player.
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:46 pm

OMGeverynameistaken wrote:That's what I said in my original post.

We might be suffering from some communication issues here. To me a 'noob' is a player who lacks maturity, who can't spell, who godmods and so forth. A newbie, or alternatively newb, is simply a new player.

Noob is a new player. Newb is a new player. I have a variety of words to describe the kind of poster described above, but few of them are appropriate for this forum. :p

Hellestia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hellestia » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:49 pm

There are certain people who have reasonable populations, but RP like shit and can't seem to make coherent posts. The same goes for nations that are low in population and/or renown but do have credible RPing skills and a sense of maturity. Its all in the roleplay.
Last edited by Hellestia on Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Stock Market Statistics - 1/21/11

HSE ▲ + 43.6 | HTI ▲ + 02.02
    HEX ▲ + 8.6 | A&W ▼ - 34.08

Currency Exchange Rates - 1/21/11

2.1075 ₢ = $ 1.00 | 2.4721 ₢= ¥ 1.00

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General