NATION

PASSWORD

Black Pride! (Yay.) Brown Pride! (Yay.) White Pride! (Punch)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ryadn
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:07 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Greater Americania wrote:Although you may be white yourself, growing up immersed in latino culture would only serve to cause you to identify with them, rather than your own kind.

:rofl:

It's true man. I grew up surrounded by Asians in the East Bay, and I was fucking AWESOME at badminton. Then I went off to college and dated a black guy, and inexplicably turned to a life of drugs. My boyfriend never did drugs himself, but, y'know... he was BLACK. Just hanging out with him was like viewing a constant advertisement for crack.
"I hate you! I HATE you collectivist society. You can't tell me what to do, you're not my REAL legitimate government. As soon as my band takes off, and I invent a perpetual motion machine, I am SO out of here!" - Neo Art

"But please, explain how a condom breaking is TOTALLY different from a tire getting blown out. I mean, in one case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own, and in the other case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own." - The Norwegian Blue

Offenheim
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Offenheim » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:08 pm

Ryadn wrote:
Dyakovo wrote: :rofl:

It's true man. I grew up surrounded by Asians in the East Bay, and I was fucking AWESOME at badminton. Then I went off to college and dated a black guy, and inexplicably turned to a life of drugs. My boyfriend never did drugs himself, but, y'know... he was BLACK. Just hanging out with him was like viewing a constant advertisement for crack.

I went after him on this point from another angle, and he never responded. I'm quite disappointed with that.
"No one has yet learned to drive a locomotive sitting in his study."
-Leon Trotsky

A Royal Fellowship of Death (WW1 RP)
-Central Urpaian Front

Cobhanglica
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cobhanglica » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:09 pm

Offenheim wrote:You're inferring the idea of obligation. You're transferring your own beliefs onto a conversation about progress. Lot's of people do this. Whites for instance, often have a discourse of "well, black people don't want to integrate." Yet when social scientists do qualitative interviews of black and white people people, they discover that in fact, the ideal integration for black people is a 50-50 mix, whereas for white people its more like 90-10 in favor of whites. Anything over, and they tend to get uncomfortable.

Maybe the behavior of blacks might have something to do with that.

It's not that we have an obligation to do so, it's that we did so. It's a mark of how far society has changed where racial superiority of whites is not a given in national discourse. 100 years ago, it would've been unthinkable for a black man to be elected president. 65 years ago it still would have been. To infer that this kind of progress-checking is all due to white guilt is demeaning to whites. I was going to put "your fellow whites," but, oh, yeah. :p

Considering it progress implies that a white-dominated society is inherently bad and something to move away from and feel guilty over.

I suppose if I remarked on how great it is that a Catholic could be elected president in 1960, you would've called that Protestant guilt? Or how great it is to live in a land that descendant of Welshmen could be elected president (Garfield), you would've called that English guilt?

Yes and yes. I don't believe that the majority population of a country has any responsibility to care about the minority, regardless of what the majority and the minority happen to be. The country was made for the majority by the majority; the minorities are just guests.
Cobhanglica's top officials
President: George Rockwell
Sec. of Foreign Relations: Martin Lansing
Sec. of Defense: General James Arnold
Sec. of Trade: Henry Ford Smith

My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.72

Ryadn
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:16 pm

Offenheim wrote:
Ryadn wrote:

I went after him on this point from another angle, and he never responded. I'm quite disappointed with that.

You'll learn to accept it as inevitable fact of debating with racists and learn to find the value in simply entertaining yourself.
"I hate you! I HATE you collectivist society. You can't tell me what to do, you're not my REAL legitimate government. As soon as my band takes off, and I invent a perpetual motion machine, I am SO out of here!" - Neo Art

"But please, explain how a condom breaking is TOTALLY different from a tire getting blown out. I mean, in one case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own, and in the other case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own." - The Norwegian Blue

Offenheim
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Offenheim » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:17 pm

Cobhanglica wrote:
I suppose if I remarked on how great it is that a Catholic could be elected president in 1960, you would've called that Protestant guilt? Or how great it is to live in a land that descendant of Welshmen could be elected president (Garfield), you would've called that English guilt?

Yes and yes. I don't believe that the majority population of a country has any responsibility to care about the minority, regardless of what the majority and the minority happen to be. The country was made for the majority by the majority; the minorities are just guests.

Just like that third of American colonists fought that Revolutionary War against that other third for that third that didn't care either way? And when these victorious third then "made" the country they specifically created a system that would ensure that a majority didn't completely dominate the minority?

I say again, you hold a very low opinion of white people. Why, we can't even make our own country without being jerks. We can't elect our own president benevolently on his own merits. Instead it's got to be a system where the majority oppresses the minority. Or a minority can only be elected president because of the guilt of the majority.

Another thing, I'm not Protestant, so how does that figure into the Kennedy example?

I suppose if we'd stuck to your way, Ben Franklin would've managed to keep all the Germans out, and the U.S. would be a low-population Canadian-like country made up of English immigrants. Thank god cooler-headed minorities prevailed.
-Leon Trotsky

-Central Urpaian Front

Ryadn
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:18 pm

Cobhanglica wrote:Yes and yes. I don't believe that the majority population of a country has any responsibility to care about the minority, regardless of what the majority and the minority happen to be. The country was made for the majority by the majority; the minorities are just guests.

Sweet. Give it a few more years and 'whites' will be the minorities. Give it a few more generations and most people will be 'mixed-race'. Then you can finally get over yourself and relax. Well, except that we'll all be dead, probably, but... details.

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:18 pm

Cobhanglica wrote:Maybe the behavior of blacks might have something to do with that.

And maybe the behavior of people like you has something to do with that.

Considering it progress implies that a white-dominated society is inherently bad and something to move away from and feel guilty over.

Probably because a society that makes judgments based on something as trivial as melanin is bad. Partially because it makes no goddamn sense.

Actually, the country was designed in such a way that the majority would not easily be able to drown out the minority. Tyranny of the majority was something the Founding Fathers tried to avoid. The Bill of Rights was created because those things aren't definable by popular vote.
Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

Cobhanglica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cobhanglica » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:24 pm

Ryadn wrote:
Cobhanglica wrote:Yes and yes. I don't believe that the majority population of a country has any responsibility to care about the minority, regardless of what the majority and the minority happen to be. The country was made for the majority by the majority; the minorities are just guests.

Sweet. Give it a few more years and 'whites' will be the minorities. Give it a few more generations and most people will be 'mixed-race'. Then you can finally get over yourself and relax. Well, except that we'll all be dead, probably, but... details.

Are you kidding me? Then we will be a Brazil-esque hellhole, and there's no way I'm sticking around to be surrounded by the scum of the earth. Once the nonwhites take over, America is dead to me.

My Political Compass:

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:26 pm

Probably because the Nazi's were there like 70 years ago, the KKK, and the white people oppressing pretty much everyone else in America probably made it like a taboo. I mean, that stuff is like all famous and shit. I bet that if the blacks or Asians or whatever did that and were like the majority or something, then they wouldn't be like "Azn pride!" and "Black pride!"
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

South Norwega
Senator

Founded: Jul 13, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby South Norwega » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:27 pm

Cobhanglica wrote:
Ryadn wrote:

Are you kidding me? Then we will be a Brazil-esque hellhole, and there's no way I'm sticking around to be surrounded by the scum of the earth. Once the nonwhites take over, America is dead to me.
Brazil is a hell-hole now?

Demographic change does not equate to economic change. Most immigrants will, if included, adopt the mannerisms and culture of the society they move to.
Worship the great Gordon Brown!
The Republic of Lanos wrote:Please sig this.

Jedi 999 wrote:the fact is the british colonised the british

Plains Nations wrote:the god of NS

Trippoli wrote:This here guy, is smart.

Second Placing: Sarzonian Indoor Gridball Cup

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:27 pm

Cobhanglica wrote:
Ryadn wrote:

Hahaha. Your comment offends me. Silly boy, trying to offend little emo Asian boys from California. :(
Last edited by Arumdaum on Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cobhanglica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cobhanglica » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:28 pm

South Norwega wrote:
Cobhanglica wrote:
Brazil is a hell-hole now?

Demographic change does not equate to economic change. Most immigrants will, if included, adopt the mannerisms and culture of the society they move to.

Demographic change equates to social change. And I refuse to tolerate a hodgepodge of mud cultures.

And yeah, Brazil is a hellhole.
Last edited by Cobhanglica on Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Political Compass:

Offenheim
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Offenheim » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:30 pm

Cobhanglica wrote:
South Norwega wrote:Brazil is a hell-hole now?

Demographic change equates to social change. And I refuse to tolerate a hodgepodge of mud cultures.

Hahaha! Don't you realize you're living in a hodgepodge of mud cultures?
-Leon Trotsky

-Central Urpaian Front

Cobhanglica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cobhanglica » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:31 pm

Offenheim wrote:
Cobhanglica wrote:

The area where I live is a hodgepodge of white cultures, which is tolerable.
Last edited by Cobhanglica on Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Political Compass:

Panzerjaeger
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Panzerjaeger » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:31 pm

Cobhanglica wrote:
Offenheim wrote:

Yet you are a Mud Person.
Friendly Neighborhood Fascist™
ФАШИЗМ БЕЗГРАНИЧНЫЙ И КРАСНЫЙ
Caninope wrote:Toyota: Keep moving forward, even when you don't want to!

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:Timothy McVeigh casts... Pyrotechnics!

Greater Americania wrote:lol "No Comrade Ivan! Don't stick your head in there! That's the wood chi...!"

New Kereptica wrote:Fascism: because people are too smart nowadays.

Greater Rhodes
Senator

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Rhodes » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:32 pm

Panzerjaeger wrote:
Cobhanglica wrote:

lol. There's no such thing as 'pure white'.
Canadian
Political Compass
Member of: RIMT | CI | WA
Dominions: The Rhodian Antilles
New Factbook & Embassy in the Works--Never Forget

Cobhanglica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cobhanglica » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:32 pm

Panzerjaeger wrote:
Cobhanglica wrote:

Which is why I hate muds.

My Political Compass:

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:34 pm

Cobhanglica wrote:
South Norwega wrote:Brazil is a hell-hole now?

And I refuse to tolerate a hodgepodge of mud cultures.

Yeah... I don't think anyone's going to even try arguing with you any more.

Panzerjaeger
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Panzerjaeger » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:34 pm

Cobhanglica wrote:
Panzerjaeger wrote:Yet you are a Mud Person.

Have you ever thought about submitting to a psychological eval? Your case would be quite interesting.

Greater Americania wrote:lol "No Comrade Ivan! Don't stick your head in there! That's the wood chi...!"

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:34 pm

Cobhanglica wrote:
Panzerjaeger wrote:Yet you are a Mud Person.

:lol:
I'm starting to think this guy's fake.

Offenheim
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Offenheim » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:35 pm

Cobhanglica wrote:
Offenheim wrote:

Are you sure? Anyone listening to rock? Anyone play rock?
-Leon Trotsky

-Central Urpaian Front

Cobhanglica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cobhanglica » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:35 pm

Arumdaum wrote:
Cobhanglica wrote:And I refuse to tolerate a hodgepodge of mud cultures.

Yeah... I don't think anyone's going to even try arguing with you any more.

I expect to be able to live out my life in America. I do NOT wish to live in Africa, or in Mexico, or in Asia, or anywhere else but in America. Yet, if those people come here and replace American culture with their own, then I am having those places forced upon me.

My Political Compass:

Panzerjaeger
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Panzerjaeger » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:36 pm

Cobhanglica wrote:
Arumdaum wrote:Yeah... I don't think anyone's going to even try arguing with you any more.

I expect to be able to live out my life in America. I do NOT wish to live in Africa, or in Mexico, or in Asia, or anywhere else but in America. Yet, if those people come here and replace American culture with their own, then I am having those places forced upon me.

Yet you are a Mud People shouldn't you go back to Mexico or Iceland or some shit?

Cobhanglica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cobhanglica » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:39 pm

Panzerjaeger wrote:
Cobhanglica wrote:

Yet you are a Mud People shouldn't you go back to Mexico or Iceland or some shit?

And this is why I hate muds. Mentally, I think and act white, and consider myself American. However, my genetic makeup is screwed up by racemixing, so technically I have no country. So, I'll just fight for America.

My Political Compass:

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:41 pm

Cobhanglica wrote:
Arumdaum wrote:Yeah... I don't think anyone's going to even try arguing with you any more.

Well umm dude let's just say that I agree with you..... America's like the best place for me too, but dude, immigrants just make everything more exciting. They don't force it on you, I mean, none of my Mexican friends force Mexicanness on me, and I don't force Asianness on my friends, and the rock music I listen to isn't white culture.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General