NATION

PASSWORD

Black Pride! (Yay.) Brown Pride! (Yay.) White Pride! (Punch)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Reavani
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Black Pride! (Yay.) Brown Pride! (Yay.) White Pride! (Punch)

Postby Reavani » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:04 pm

Why is there such a stigma against being PROUD to be WHITE?

And why does our societal mind now swing almost entirely towards "If you're proud to be white, you're a racist."

Discuss.
Do you want to be a Member of the Reavi Pact? Probably not, but on the off chance that pollution and war are for you: The Reavic Empire

Do you want to have an Embassy in Reavani Space? Probably not, but on the off chance that Trade, Diplomacy, and a Nice Space Station are all in your bag of enjoyment, take a look at
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=49017

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 22, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:05 pm

Dude, I really don't know why ha. I don't think we should be necessarily proud of what the color of our skin is ha
Government: Romanist Ceasarist Dictatorship
Political Themes: Nationalism, Romanticism, Ceasarism, Militarism, Social Liberalism, Cult of Personality
Ethnic Groups: American, Latino, Filipino

Vectrova
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Vectrova » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:05 pm

It's typically considered bad form to celebrate having screwed over every minority in existence.

Moreover, I don't see the point of celebrating melatonin levels. Then again, I'm crazy.
Last edited by Vectrova on Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
I hardy ever notice if someone else isn't being serious. By the same token, expect me to be serious.
If you want to know anything specific about me, send a TG and I'll respond when I can.
My nation is a caricature of what it should be. Do not take it terribly seriously.
I'm subject to disappear for periods of time with little to no explanation. This does not mean I conceded the argument; odds are that I just found something better to do.

Lackadaisical2 wrote::bow:
Clever bastard.

Collectively Awesome wrote:I'd install Vectrova as a political advisor.

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:He explained it better than I can.

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:06 pm

It's not. Just say, 'Proud to be [insert ethnicity here]'.
Wonder where all the good posters went? Look no further!

Hurry, before the Summer Nazis show up again!

Reavani
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Reavani » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:07 pm

Vectrova wrote:It's typically considered bad form to celebrate having screwed over every minority in existence.

Moreover, I don't see the point of celebrating melatonin levels. Then again, I'm crazy.

Is it really the White mans fault that Asians kept to themselves, Blacks never unified enough, and Indigenous people in Austrailia and America didn't ever advance technologically?
Do you want to be a Member of the Reavi Pact? Probably not, but on the off chance that pollution and war are for you: The Reavic Empire

Do you want to have an Embassy in Reavani Space? Probably not, but on the off chance that Trade, Diplomacy, and a Nice Space Station are all in your bag of enjoyment, take a look at

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:07 pm

Reavani wrote:
Vectrova wrote:It's typically considered bad form to celebrate having screwed over every minority in existence.

Is it really the White mans fault that Asians kept to themselves, Blacks never unified enough, and Indigenous people in Austrailia and America didn't ever advance technologically?

Not to mention they sold there own people in slavery...
Political Themes: Nationalism, Romanticism, Ceasarism, Militarism, Social Liberalism, Cult of Personality

Innis-Gunn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Innis-Gunn » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:08 pm

Reavani wrote:Why is there such a stigma against being PROUD to be WHITE?

And why does our societal mind now swing almost entirely towards "If you're proud to be white, you're a racist."

Discuss.

White pride tends to be about saying you're better than others

Minority pride is about saying you're not ashamed of who you are.

Short explanation is short.

Vectrova
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Vectrova » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:09 pm

Reavani wrote:

Considering we screwed up the African geography due to greed and committed horrific genocide against virtually every indigenous people we encountered, then proceeded to do the same to the Asians until they struck back (to which we replied with overwhelming force)...

The short answer is yes. We're ultimately responsible for a vast majority of minority problems. There is absolutely no reason to be proud of it outside of paranoid delusions of persecution.
Last edited by Vectrova on Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I hardy ever notice if someone else isn't being serious. By the same token, expect me to be serious.
If you want to know anything specific about me, send a TG and I'll respond when I can.
My nation is a caricature of what it should be. Do not take it terribly seriously.
I'm subject to disappear for periods of time with little to no explanation. This does not mean I conceded the argument; odds are that I just found something better to do.

Clever bastard.

Cobhanglica
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cobhanglica » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:09 pm

So beating all the other races at everything is nothing to be proud of?

And besides, that's not the point of white pride.
Last edited by Cobhanglica on Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cobhanglica's top officials
President: George Rockwell
Sec. of Foreign Relations: Martin Lansing
Sec. of Defense: General James Arnold
Sec. of Trade: Henry Ford Smith

My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.72

The Evil Reich
Envoy

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Evil Reich » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:11 pm

Being proud to be white does not mean being proud to have screwed anyone over. I'm quite proud of our artistic, literary, architectural, culinary, and musical traditions, as well as our technological achievements. However, I generally say I'm proud to be a New Englander rather than proud to be white, and that I admire many European countries. That way I don't have to identify with rednecks.

Vectrova
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Vectrova » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:11 pm

Cobhanglica wrote:

That is what you are supporting when you say, "White pride!"

You are saying, "Fuck yeah, genocide!"

You are saying, "Fuck yeah, colonize these bastards!"

You are saying, "Fuck yeah, destroy everything we can't profit from!"

That is something to be disgusted by, not proud of.

Clever bastard.

Ryadn
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:11 pm

This is an original and unexplored topic whose premise does not suffer from any bias, and which will end well.
"I hate you! I HATE you collectivist society. You can't tell me what to do, you're not my REAL legitimate government. As soon as my band takes off, and I invent a perpetual motion machine, I am SO out of here!" - Neo Art

"But please, explain how a condom breaking is TOTALLY different from a tire getting blown out. I mean, in one case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own, and in the other case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own." - The Norwegian Blue

Vectrova
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Vectrova » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:12 pm

Ryadn wrote:This is an original and unexplored topic whose premise does not suffer from any bias, and which will end well.

Verily and for soothe, Ryadn.

Clever bastard.

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:12 pm

Vectrova wrote:
Cobhanglica wrote:

and what should the blacks and other races say?

Vectrova
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Vectrova » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:13 pm

North Calaveras wrote:
Vectrova wrote:

and what should the blacks and other races say?

See the poster who said minority pride is about not being ashamed of your skin tone. White pride is about asserting the above and claiming to be awesome for it.

Clever bastard.

Korintar
Minister

Founded: Nov 19, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Korintar » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:15 pm

Reavani wrote:Why is there such a stigma against being PROUD to be WHITE?

Discuss.

As far as I am concerned, I don't think to highly of racial pride in general, ethnic is tolerable as long as it doesn't lead to discrimination and bigotry. Thus:

Kurdish Pride! (Yay, or Punch) German Pride! (Yay, or Punch) Zulu Pride! (Yay, or Punch) Tibetan Pride! (Yay, or Punch), but White Pride! (Punch) Black Pride! (Punch) Brown Pride! (Punch) Purple striped Pride ( :rofl: )! ( :rofl: Punch)

The 'or Punch's are if it turns into deprivation of rights. If it is celebration of contributions made to the greater society and cultural accomplishments, then 'Yay.'
Factbook, Q&A; Nat'l Standards Warning: Agreeing to RP with me assumes an acceptance of Any-Tech Rping and/or the use of dragons in Warfare unless we come to an agreement beforehand.
Jolt Veteran. (-6.00,-.31), (-7.25,1.08) (economic, social)
'So.... a complete disregard for societal norms is.... communist? If that's true, then sign me up.'- Lunatic Goofballs
'If you're taking White Castle hanburgers rectally, you're really doing that wrong. They go in the other end of the alimentary system.'-Farnhamia
'Space Mussolini! Go, go, go!'- TSS @ GWO
Reppy's PG opinion of Jolt
The Gidgetisms: Go no fuck? The Parkus Empire: As in, go, go Gadget no fuck.
Oterro: International incidents->"New Thread"->[Thread title]->[Thread OP]->War->GWO intervention

Cobhanglica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cobhanglica » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:15 pm

Vectrova wrote:
Cobhanglica wrote:

That's the order of nature. The strong will dominate the weak. If you want to be free, you need to have a bigger gun than the guy next to you.

My Political Compass:

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:16 pm

Cobhanglica wrote:
Vectrova wrote:

That's the order of nature. The strong will dominate the weak. If you want to be free, you need to have a bigger gun than the guy next to you.

Cobhanglica does have a point it's human nature

Waldo followers
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Waldo followers » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:16 pm

racist
dont ask questions just obey
All the president is, is a glorified public relations man who spends his time flattering, kissing, and kicking people to get them to do what they are supposed to do anyway.
Harry S. Truman
winner of the KKK's distinguished burning cross award
about me:
political party: Republican but both sides are insane
nationality: American sadly
Religon: Christian, but i'm not an extreamist
Favorite country: Switzerland
economic standing: capitalist
what scares me: mushrooms, being alone with a baby
credit card number: 536- hold on a second....
percent of people who laughed at the joke above 0%

Vectrova
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Vectrova » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:17 pm

Cobhanglica wrote:
Vectrova wrote:

Might has never made right. The "order of nature" you appeal to is irrelevant to the humane treatment of human beings.

Clever bastard.

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:17 pm

Vectrova wrote:
Cobhanglica wrote:

Might has never made right. The "order of nature" you appeal to is irrelevant to the humane treatment of human beings.

Yeah your right lets go over how human beings have treated other human beings during our existence...
Last edited by North Calaveras on Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:17 pm

Cobhanglica wrote:
Vectrova wrote:

QFT. The strong enslave, the weak are enslaved.
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.
I edit my posts to fix typos.

Reavani
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Reavani » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:17 pm

Vectrova wrote:
Cobhanglica wrote:

So when a Black man says: "I'm proud to be Black."

He's saying, "Fuck yeah, Slavery (Whites didn't have to run very fast when all they had to do was dock and talk to local warlords.")

He's saying, "Fuck yeah, Genocide."

He's saying, "Fuck yeah, destroy famil

When an Arabic Man, or Spainish Man, or a Mexican says: "I'm happy to be Brown."

He's happy about, The Spanish Inquisition, Fascism, Religious Persecution, Being Crime Riddled, Terrorism, Ecetera, Ecetera?

Because what I've just read makes it seem like only "White" People have ever done anything wrong.

Jostedule
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jostedule » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:18 pm

It seems to me as though whites and asians(some) are the only races capable of properly running a country. Just saying.

Cobhanglica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cobhanglica » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:19 pm

Vectrova wrote:
Cobhanglica wrote:

It's all that's relevant when it comes to international and interracial relations. Appeals to right and wrong get you nowhere when the other guy can just kill you and take whatever he wants.

My Political Compass:

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General