NATION

PASSWORD

Any Monarchists on NS?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Terre de Mars
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Terre de Mars » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:20 pm

Vive le Roi, indeed, and he speaks these words rightfully so.

Republics are an abomination, a stain on mankind's history, and if I had my way, France would be called Bourbon, and Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth's Royal Standard would be the only flag on British soil.

So I suppose we'll all just hope I never had it my way.

Long live the King.
I am also Pherabi, of French fame.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:50 pm

Terre de Mars wrote:Vive le Roi, indeed, and he speaks these words rightfully so.

Republics are an abomination, a stain on mankind's history, and if I had my way, France would be called Bourbon, and Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth's Royal Standard would be the only flag on British soil.

Long live the King.

A word of advice: don't count on much of a future.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Abdju
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Abdju » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:32 pm

The Irish Marchlands wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
I could care less if they're inbred. You like what you like, even if it happens to be your sister. :meh:

The monarchical structure allows little room for constructive criticism. A king may have advisors, but it's totally up to what kind of King you're dealing with. Unfortunately, most monarchs have proven less than cordial, both with their subjects and with other countries. Revolutions happen rightfully so.

I'm desperate to find a benevolent monarch, one who actually made the system work.

Catherine the Great of Russia.

Also I'll think you find if you study the more famous revolutions closely enough you'll find very few of them are justifiably even given whatever level of horror the previous regime implied. For example, we have the view of the French Monarchy being horrifically uncaring and oppressive prior tot he French revolution yes? Then why was it being decried by all of its neighbours for being liberal?

Agreed. Stalin < Nikolay II. Free Officers < Faisal II

Left/Right -5.25 | Auth/Lib: +2.57 |
"Objectivism really is a Fountainhead of philosophical diarrhea" - derscon
"God Hates Fags But Says It's Okay to Double Dip" - Gauthier

Great Nepal - Tax supporting environment are useless, we can live without it.
Great Nepal - Lions can't fly. Therefore, eagles are superior.
Turan Cumhuriyeti - no you presented lower quality of brain
Greed and Death - Spanish was an Amerindian language.
Sungai Pusat - No, I know exactly what happened. The Titanic had left USA's shores and somewhere near the Arctic Circle
Derscon - I let Jews handle my money, not my penis.
Fevolo - i'm not talking about catholics. i'm talking about christians.

Grandtaria
Minister

Founded: Aug 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Grandtaria » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:27 pm

Vetokia Prime wrote:
Grandtaria wrote:*Raises hand* If you ask me its the only form of government that isn't doomed to fail and collapse every single time. If done properly it is fairly stable and if the populace is kept uneducated, then they are fairly cowed. :unsure: But that's just me....

What s/he said.

He, mate, and thank you. :lol:
Putting his foot in it since 2009.
Me talking to Reploid Productions
~Evil Forum Empress Rep Prod the Ninja Mod
~She who wields the Banhammer; master of the mighty moderation no-dachi Kiritateru Teikoku

I just have to say this and its worth possible spam warning, for its gone too long unsaid: "I defeat your Banhammer with my ignore cannon!"

My nattering with Vipra:
Vipra wrote:Heh, I remember when I had a nasty lung infection. Had to get shots in the ass every couple days for two weeks, and not the fun kind of shots in the ass that involve a busty nurse with an ominous bulge in her uniform.

Grandtaria Factbook (Absolutely outdated.)
Please disreguard everything I have said, reguarding politics before 2012. I have matured since then. I was a bigot and I am deeply sorry.

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:36 pm

Terre de Mars wrote:Vive le Roi, indeed, and he speaks these words rightfully so.

Long live the King.

Strike me as slightly sycophantic. Personally I could never acknowledge a dictator whose only qualification is birthright, much less like them.
The blue sky above beckons us to take our freedom, to paint our path across its vastness. Across a million blades of grass, through the roars of our elation and a thousand thundering hooves, we begin our reply.

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:37 pm

The Irish Marchlands wrote: the Heir apparent has taken an American to be his Queen consort so liklihood of inbreeding in the next generation is small to non-existent.

She's Australian thankyou.
The blue sky above beckons us to take our freedom, to paint our path across its vastness. Across a million blades of grass, through the roars of our elation and a thousand thundering hooves, we begin our reply.

South Norwega
Senator

Founded: Jul 13, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby South Norwega » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:42 pm

Forster Keys wrote:
The Irish Marchlands wrote: the Heir apparent has taken an American to be his Queen consort so liklihood of inbreeding in the next generation is small to non-existent.

Tasmanian, you mean.

It combines the two most inbred groups in the world, that marriage.
Worship the great Gordon Brown!
The Republic of Lanos wrote:Please sig this.

Jedi 999 wrote:the fact is the british colonised the british

Plains Nations wrote:the god of NS

Trippoli wrote:This here guy, is smart.

Second Placing: Sarzonian Indoor Gridball Cup

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:45 pm

South Norwega wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:
Tasmanian, you mean.

:lol:

What about the South of the USA? And Pitcairn Island?

South Norwega
Senator

Founded: Jul 13, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby South Norwega » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:46 pm

Forster Keys wrote:
South Norwega wrote:Tasmanian, you mean.

:lol:

We'll have to make a royal marriage between them, then.
Worship the great Gordon Brown!
The Republic of Lanos wrote:Please sig this.

Jedi 999 wrote:the fact is the british colonised the british

Plains Nations wrote:the god of NS

Trippoli wrote:This here guy, is smart.

Second Placing: Sarzonian Indoor Gridball Cup

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:50 pm

South Norwega wrote:
Forster Keys wrote: :lol:

We'll have to make a royal marriage between them, then.

Queen of Alabama... Hmm... Certain ring to it no?

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:08 pm

Jervak wrote:
OMGeverynameistaken wrote:As I recall, the UK's monarchy costs each British citizen something like 2 pence per year to support. Meanwhile, they bring in millions in tourism each year,

Why should I pay taxes for people to be better than the rest?

British tax payers (primarily the working class) pay to feed and clothe those worthless leeches on society that serve no purpose at all.

That's not why you'd pay taxes. The post you responded to actually explained - it costs pennies per person to maintain the monarchy, and brings in millions in tourism. That sounds like 'serving a purpose'.
I identify as
a problem

The Irish Marchlands
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish Marchlands » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:57 am

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Jervak wrote:Why should I pay taxes for people to be better than the rest?

British tax payers (primarily the working class) pay to feed and clothe those worthless leeches on society that serve no purpose at all.

That's not why you'd pay taxes. The post you responded to actually explained - it costs pennies per person to maintain the monarchy, and brings in millions in tourism. That sounds like 'serving a purpose'.

^This. The Monarchy pays for itself many times over.
For RP purposes my nation has 16 million people.
Militarily, the standing military forces amount to a 10th of the population, 1,600,000 with a substantial amount of the civilian population trained due to an Opt Out national service and a Jingoistic national attitude.

The Irish Marchlands Factbook
Wars
War of Lebourean Liberation - Result: Co-alition victory, regime change, end to genocide, religious freedom guaranteed for all the people of Leboure
Seal

Economic Left/Right: 0.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.49
Le political test: http://www.politicaltest.net/test/graphic2/169329_eng.jpg
Just call me Mr. Righty McRightright

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General