NATION

PASSWORD

Satanists are NOT evil people.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Seculartopia
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Satanists are NOT evil people.

Postby Seculartopia » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:11 pm

Dragonfrogs wrote:The idea of Satan IS that of pure evil, so to worship Satan is worshipping the essence of evil itself! Why would you do THAT?

Not necissarily to all, if they do worship him, what guarantee do you have he will be evil to them?
LOL....Google Chrome doesnt support the Google Toolbar
|Seculartopia Encyclopedia|
|Ask Seculartopia A Question|

Alliances- International Secular Coalition-AMTF-Comintern Founding Member-Nuclear Arms Assembly

Ifreann Awesomeness
Rhodmire wrote:4/5 for being bold enough to put up what looks like something made from MS Paint.
That takes balls, and you've got them.

All was dark when the armies surrounded the town. There was little bloodshed as they swept in, and they quickly took control. "Success," said a communicator, "a base has been established."

OOC:There. Now, we'll wait for UK to catch up.

^EPIC RP GODMOD FAIL!!

Civics Quiz
You answered 31 out of 33 correctly — 93.94 %
Average score for this quiz during August: 75.6%

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:11 pm

No Names Left Damn It wrote:Satanists don't worship Satan anyhow, so the OP = fail.

Some I suppose you could call denominations do, but the majority don't and so yes, this thread does = fail.
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

Rhodmhire
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodmhire » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:11 pm

Dyakovo wrote:Yup, Big Jim P is indeed our resident satanist.

Yeah, Big Jim will definately show up, and it'll make this thread 1,000x as fun.

And on the note of resident things, nobody else happens to be a resident Freddie Mercury extreme superfan right?

Because I call that...

I pray that question won't throw this thread in a completely different direction...
Part of me grew up here. But part of growing up is leaving parts of ourselves behind.

No Names Left Damn It
Minister

Founded: Oct 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby No Names Left Damn It » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:12 pm

Lizardiar wrote:Your opinion of an afterlife is with Satan

No it's not. Satanists don't worship the devil.
Original join date March 25th 2008, bitches!
Economic Left/Right: 1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.12

Yissing Scalies
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 22, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Yissing Scalies » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:12 pm

Seculartopia wrote:Not necissarily to all, if they do worship him, what guarantee do you have he will be evil to them?

Now yer just stirring the pot

Seculartopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Seculartopia » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:12 pm

Buffett and Colbert wrote:
No Names Left Damn It wrote:Satanists don't worship Satan anyhow, so the OP = fail.

Some I suppose you could call denominations do, but the majority don't and so yes, this thread does = fail.

The thread only implies that Satanists are not evil. Some dont worship satan, and their are many that are good and moral.

Alliances- International Secular Coalition-AMTF-Comintern Founding Member-Nuclear Arms Assembly

Ifreann Awesomeness
Rhodmire wrote:4/5 for being bold enough to put up what looks like something made from MS Paint.

All was dark when the armies surrounded the town. There was little bloodshed as they swept in, and they quickly took control. "Success," said a communicator, "a base has been established."

^EPIC RP GODMOD FAIL!!

Civics Quiz

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:13 pm

Rhodmhire wrote:Yeah, Big Jim will definately show up, and it'll make this thread 1,000x as fun.

And on the note of resident things, nobody else happens to be a resident Freddie Mercury extreme superfan right?

Because I call that...

I pray that question won't throw this thread in a completely different direction...

Nah. Queen was awesome, and I love listening to them, Freddie Mercury had a great voice, but I just like Metal far more. 8)
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:13 pm

Resident Freddie Mercury extreme superfan wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:Yup, Big Jim P is indeed our resident satanist.

Yeah, Big Jim will definately show up, and it'll make this thread 1,000x as fun.

Because I call that...

Heh, I don't think you have to worry about anyone taking that title from you...
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Saint Clair Island
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Clair Island » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:13 pm

Saint Clair Island wrote:Come on, red skin? Horns? Pointed tail? Glowing eyes? Carries a pitchfork? Yeah, he looks like he'll be going around giving candy to children and playing with fluffy kittens.

And you are suddenly the world's authority on what figures of the Bible actually look like (assuming they exist)?

Nonsense. Of course I didn't believe the images in the Bible because, the author hated that guy, he was clearly biased against him. So I headed across the river to Hell, where I asked around in various houses of sin and debauchery until one of them could tell me where to find Satan. It was in a club deep underground, far below street level and lit up in red with a sort of flame motif. Satan was there playing rock'n'roll on the violin, which struck me as rather odd but he's the fallen angel around there, it's really his choice. Around him various other club workers dressed up in various demon costumes were serving drugs to abortion doctors who were sitting there with their gay lovers while chowing down on roasted baby, and various people were tied up upside down being tortured in the background for committing some kind of sin, or something -- I didn't stick around. The big guy himself caught sight of me and told me he'd make me a deal for my soul, but I'd seen enough and was like "Fuck that shit" and got the fuck out of there before he could send a hellhound or three after me. He did anyway, but I remembered the cardinal rule of dealing with hellhounds (don't turn around, otherwise you'll die) and made it home safely. Now I always keep a horseshoe on my door to keep him away... or was that the fairies? Either way, Satan's never come back to bother me, so I figure it works.
Signatures are for losers.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:14 pm

No Names Left Damn It wrote:

Who do they worship, then? Seriously, I've heard this before. Is not "Satan" the Biblical adversary of "God"? That would make him "the Devil," right? I like getting my facts straight.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:14 pm

Seculartopia wrote:

The thread only implies that Satanists are not evil. Some dont worship satan, and their are many that are good and moral.

What do you think I just said? If you bother reading the posts in your own thread, you would have found out I was actually defending Satanism.
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

Rhodmhire
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodmhire » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:14 pm

Lizardiar wrote:s long as you don't try and convert me to Satanism, and I don't try to convert you to Christianity, we could be aqatiances, maybe even friends. It's your life, same as it's my life. Your opinion of an afterlife is with Satan, mine is with God. as long as you don't try and force me tio believe your way, I'm fine with you being Satanist.

I don't believe in anything but passive conversion. That's one of the many reasons why I hate Islamic and Christian extremists.

You're a Christian who hates Christian extremists...

...*gets out notebook and writes Lizardiar down*

New best friend ever. :)

It's true, people need to be content with other's beliefs, and kindly and humbly offer and/or share theirs with the world. If they succeed, great, if they don't, move on and be as humble and content with it as you can.

It's nice to see I'm not the only Christian with that mindset on these forums. :)
Part of me grew up here. But part of growing up is leaving parts of ourselves behind.

UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:14 pm

I was on Youtube, and there was this guy in the comments section of a video that was a crazy-ass fundy, and he said that he studies witchcraft in order to protect himself from Satan. When I explained to him that he had nothing to fear because magic isn't real, he responded that 99% of all rapes, kidnappings, and murders are committed by people that worship Satan. He wouldn't cite any sources for that claim. I know that stupid is rampant on the Internets, and in real life, but I have to say I've never seen more concentrated stupid than on Youtube.
A little homework for you!

What part of L(f(t)) = Int(exp(-s*t)*f(t),t,0,inf) don't you understand?

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:14 pm

Farnhamia wrote:

Who do they worship, then? Seriously, I've heard this before. Is not "Satan" the Biblical adversary of "God"? That would make him "the Devil," right? I like getting my facts straight.

If you are Satanist, chances are you are likely an atheist too.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Keronians wrote:

Secruss
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Secruss » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:15 pm

Farnhamia wrote:

And the embodiment of evil?
"How now!" cried Jupiter "Are you not yet content? You have what you asked for and so you have only yourselves to blame for your misfortunes."

Seculartopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Seculartopia » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:15 pm

What do you think I just said? If you bother reading the posts in your own thread, you would have found out I was actually defending Satanism.

I know you were. I was agreeing with you.

Ifreann Awesomeness

^EPIC RP GODMOD FAIL!!

Civics Quiz

Saint Clair Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Clair Island » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:15 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Saint Clair Island wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:So you are actually claiming to know better than them what they themselves believe?

Yeah, of course I am. I have the right to, y'know? 'Cause I'm so much moral than anyone who worships a big horned guy who lives underground and tortures people for a living. And just because I live under the George Washington Bridge doesn't give you any right to call me a troll.

Except they don't actually worship satan, this would be the point that you seem to be missing, and if it actsa like a troll I will call it a troll.

I'm not a troll. Some of my best friends would be Satanists. If I had any friends.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:15 pm

Rhodmhire wrote:
Lizardiar wrote:s long as you don't try and convert me to Satanism, and I don't try to convert you to Christianity, we could be aqatiances, maybe even friends. It's your life, same as it's my life. Your opinion of an afterlife is with Satan, mine is with God. as long as you don't try and force me tio believe your way, I'm fine with you being Satanist.

I don't believe in anything but passive conversion. That's one of the many reasons why I hate Islamic and Christian extremists.

You're a Christian who hates Christian extremists...

...*gets out notebook and writes Lizardiar down*

New best friend ever. :)

It's true, people need to be content with other's beliefs, and kindly and humbly offer and/or share theirs with the world. If they succeed, great, if they don't, move on and be as humble and content with it as you can.

It's nice to see I'm not the only Christian with that mindset on these forums. :)

Perhaps we could start another thread for this? I'm a bit tired, sorry if I come off as rude
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:17 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
No Names Left Damn It wrote:No it's not. Satanists don't worship the devil.

If you are Satanist, chances are you are likely an atheist too.

Satanism is a non-theistic religion like Buddhism? "Satan" is what, a chance combination of letters that looked nice to the founders?
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:17 pm

Farnhamia wrote:

Read this
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Saint Clair Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Clair Island » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:17 pm

UnhealthyTruthseeker wrote:I was on Youtube, and there was this guy in the comments section of a video that was a crazy-ass fundy, and he said that he studies witchcraft in order to protect himself from Satan. When I explained to him that he had nothing to fear because magic isn't real, he responded that 99% of all rapes, kidnappings, and murders are committed by people that worship Satan. He wouldn't cite any sources for that claim. I know that stupid is rampant on the Internets, and in real life, but I have to say I've never seen more concentrated stupid than on Youtube.

He was absolutely correct. Of course, most rapists, kidnappers, and murderers lie to disguise their true religion, so that nobody will suspect them of being satanists. That's what throws off all the statistics you see.

I saw it on the internet, so it must be true.

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:17 pm

Saint Clair Island wrote:I'm not a troll. Some of my best friends would be Satanists. If I had any friends.

I believe the pear that says "LOL WUT?" would be an adquate description of my thoughts on this post.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Keronians wrote:

YamataNoOrochi
Attaché

Founded: Jul 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby YamataNoOrochi » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:18 pm

Satanists think that they are evil - that's the point. Although it is foolish and inaccurate to use them as a scapegoat, they are just poserand attention seekers who think they are 'cool' and 'hardcore' by worhipping satan. Regardless of what you think of the bible or how anti church or anti christian or anti church you are, God is clearly supposed to be a moral and good god. Satanists are missing the point.

Rhodmhire
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodmhire » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:18 pm

Seculartopia wrote:How can you say he's a bad guy? Where do you have the saying that he is 100% evil from a non-biased source?

How can you say Satan is a "he?" Where do you have the saying that Satan is a he from a non-biased source?

See I always thought that God and Satan weren't, you know, Earthly organisms who were classified into male vs. female. I understand the "He" term for God, probably referring to the "Father" thing, and using the "He" as a pronoun is understandable, as well as with Satan I suppose.

But maybe it's best to just use Satan and God instead of He and he, since you know, they're probably not both males. If anything, I doubt either has any Earthly "gender."

Just throwing that out there.

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:18 pm

Saint Clair Island wrote:
UnhealthyTruthseeker wrote:I was on Youtube, and there was this guy in the comments section of a video that was a crazy-ass fundy, and he said that he studies witchcraft in order to protect himself from Satan. When I explained to him that he had nothing to fear because magic isn't real, he responded that 99% of all rapes, kidnappings, and murders are committed by people that worship Satan. He wouldn't cite any sources for that claim. I know that stupid is rampant on the Internets, and in real life, but I have to say I've never seen more concentrated stupid than on Youtube.

He was absolutely correct. Of course, most rapists, kidnappers, and murderers lie to disguise their true religion, so that nobody will suspect them of being satanists. That's what throws off all the statistics you see.

I saw it on the internet, so it must be true.

:palm: You've been being sarcastic all this time, havn't you? I feel like an idiot now...

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Keronians wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General