NATION

PASSWORD

Is Israel an Attacker or a defender?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Federalist Territories
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Federalist Territories » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:20 pm

Matanceros wrote:Surely if Israel was actively attempting the " war of genocide" that some people claim it is, then it could have wiped out the population of Palestine years ago? What it is doing now is not cutting back the population of Palestinians, but is inducing international outrage. A nation with (presumably) full WMD capability would be amply capable of ensuring genocide.
And to name an entire nation as a aggressor would be wrong, incorrect and misleading. Governments and policies change. When is taking the "military initiative " an "unprovoked action" and when are "purely defensive strategies" actually being a sitting duck?
Maybe a number of threads looking at the current government and military actions of Israel is much more effective and useful. Just a thought...

The rules of war changed, now we practice civilized warfare which is like fishing with a slingshot, or playing paintball with no gun, you just throw the paint balls. It's a handicap, a humanitarian war, the two concepts do not go together. War should always be considered the last option not because it is just war, but because people die, combatants and non-combatants alike. It is easy to accuse any nation of committing evil acts but there is a difference between genocide and collateral damage. I would of turned Fallujah into a crater because the civilians were harboring the enemy and would not assist our forces, they themselves become the enemy. Israel hits civilian targets from time to time, no doubt, why? Because Hamas fires rockets from civilian locations, they hide out among civilians, they establish headquarters in the middle of residential area's. People will die. That's war, a concept created by man to amplify our greatest evils, good or bad intention becomes irrelevant, you sacrifice your soul or for you atheists, your virtues for what you perceive to be the greater good. There is no right or wrong in war, one man's hero is another man's villain.

Innsmothe
Senator

Founded: Sep 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Innsmothe » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:24 pm

Federalist Territories wrote:
Matanceros wrote:Surely if Israel was actively attempting the " war of genocide" that some people claim it is, then it could have wiped out the population of Palestine years ago? What it is doing now is not cutting back the population of Palestinians, but is inducing international outrage. A nation with (presumably) full WMD capability would be amply capable of ensuring genocide.
And to name an entire nation as a aggressor would be wrong, incorrect and misleading. Governments and policies change. When is taking the "military initiative " an "unprovoked action" and when are "purely defensive strategies" actually being a sitting duck?
Maybe a number of threads looking at the current government and military actions of Israel is much more effective and useful. Just a thought...

The rules of war changed, now we practice civilized warfare which is like fishing with a slingshot, or playing paintball with no gun, you just throw the paint balls. It's a handicap, a humanitarian war, the two concepts do not go together. War should always be considered the last option not because it is just war, but because people die, combatants and non-combatants alike. It is easy to accuse any nation of committing evil acts but there is a difference between genocide and collateral damage. I would of turned Fallujah into a crater because the civilians were harboring the enemy and would not assist our forces, they themselves become the enemy. Israel hits civilian targets from time to time, no doubt, why? Because Hamas fires rockets from civilian locations, they hide out among civilians, they establish headquarters in the middle of residential area's. People will die. That's war, a concept created by man to amplify our greatest evils, good or bad intention becomes irrelevant, you sacrifice your soul or for you atheists, your virtues for what you perceive to be the greater good. There is no right or wrong in war, one man's hero is another man's villain.

Tyrants make their own enemies and their own murderers., this is why empires fall.
Tyrannical warfare would only spell foreign condemnation and label the USA/Israel the new USSR/4th Reich
Last edited by Innsmothe on Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ان الذي فشل لقتلي فقط يجعلني غريب
"an aledy feshel leqtely feqt yej'eleny gheryeb"
Ronald Reagan: "Well, what do you believe in? Do you want to abolish the rich?"
Olof Palme, the Prime Minister of Sweden: "No, I want to abolish the poor."

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.54

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:27 pm

Innsmothe wrote:

Tyrants make their own enemies and their own murderers., this is why empires fall.
Tyrannical warfare would only spell foreign condemnation and label the USA/Israel the new USSR/4th Reich

Not to mention the fact that the rules and regulations that have been put into place have successfully made war more humane. His insistence on their obsolescence indicates to me that he has disturbing opinions about how war should be conducted. It's not a statement of "fact," as he seems to claim.
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

Federalist Territories
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Federalist Territories » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:36 pm

Innsmothe wrote:

Depends on how war is fought, if it is fought recklessly, then yes i agree. If i were President, i would not be so eager to go to war, I would not of gone to Iraq, I would at the moment stay out of Iran, the only one i would even consider is Afghanistan and if it were my choice, Afghanistan would be the only war we'd be engaged in since World War II, every other war to me was wrong in intent, unjustified. War should not be fought over political or religious ideology but rather fought only for defense whether it be militarily or economically. Any other reason then i would agree with you.

Innsmothe
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Innsmothe » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:39 pm

Innsmothe wrote:

Depends on how war is fought, if it is fought recklessly, then yes i agree. If i were President, i would not be so eager to go to war, I would not of gone to Iraq, I would at the moment stay out of Iran, the only one i would even consider is Afghanistan and if it were my choice, Afghanistan would be the only war we'd be engaged in since World War II, every other war to me was wrong in intent, unjustified. War should not be fought over political or religious ideology but rather fought only for defense whether it be militarily or economically. Any other reason then i would agree with you.

Afghanistan has bee under invasion for years, you are no nearer to finding Osama or violently eliminating Islamic terrorism. (Which is stupid, it's like pouring lighter fluid on a fire.)
Last edited by Innsmothe on Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Your political compass

Federalist Territories
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Federalist Territories » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:40 pm

Buffett and Colbert wrote:
Innsmothe wrote:

Not to mention the fact that the rules and regulations that have been put into place have successfully made war more humane. His insistence on their obsolescence indicates to me that he has disturbing opinions about how war should be conducted. It's not a statement of "fact," as he seems to claim.

Unfortunately these "rules and regulations" are not universally accepted or terrorism would not exist, the genocide in Bosnia would never have occurred, or in Vietnam after America withdrew from the country. I do not have a problem with rules of war, i have a problem when only one side is following them, so if the other side decides to follow the rules of war then i would offer the same courtesy, terrorists, supporters of terrorists or countries to practice excessive brutality like Iran, Iraq, the Vietcong, North Koreans, the Soviets in the past deserve the same brutality they enact on others.

Innsmothe
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Innsmothe » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:42 pm

Buffett and Colbert wrote:Not to mention the fact that the rules and regulations that have been put into place have successfully made war more humane. His insistence on their obsolescence indicates to me that he has disturbing opinions about how war should be conducted. It's not a statement of "fact," as he seems to claim.

Unfortunately these "rules and regulations" are not universally accepted or terrorism would not exist, the genocide in Bosnia would never have occurred, or in Vietnam after America withdrew from the country. I do not have a problem with rules of war, i have a problem when only one side is following them, so if the other side decides to follow the rules of war then i would offer the same courtesy, terrorists, supporters of terrorists or countries to practice excessive brutality like Iran, Iraq, the Vietcong, North Koreans, the Soviets in the past deserve the same brutality they enact on others.

Following those rules gives you thmoral high-ground?
Else you couldn't;t tell who was more worthy of condemnation, the instigator or the savior....
Last edited by Innsmothe on Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Your political compass

Federalist Territories
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Federalist Territories » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:45 pm

Innsmothe wrote:

Afghanistan has bee under invasion for years, you are no nearer to finding Osama or violently eliminating Islamic terrorism. (Which is stupid, it's like pouring lighter fluid on a fire.)

In the way it is fought right now yes, we are getting nowhere. Terrorism is not a style of tactical warfare that relies on how much damage you can do, but it is truly a psychological warfare. The only way to even counter that is psychological, 300,000 troops will do nothing to hinder radical islam, it will not happen. It's about making an impression into the minds of the enemy thats why i said that i would only "consider" going into Afghanistan. My strategy would be much different. I would think radical islam is no different from the Japanese in World War II when Kamikeze's became the biggest threat to US forces. How do you fight an enemy who is not afraid to die? We found the answer, i am sure we could think of something.

Innsmothe
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Innsmothe » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:47 pm

Innsmothe wrote:

In the way it is fought right now yes, we are getting nowhere. Terrorism is not a style of tactical warfare that relies on how much damage you can do, but it is truly a psychological warfare. The only way to even counter that is psychological, 300,000 troops will do nothing to hinder radical islam, it will not happen. It's about making an impression into the minds of the enemy thats why i said that i would only "consider" going into Afghanistan. My strategy would be much different. I would think radical islam is no different from the Japanese in World War II when Kamikeze's became the biggest threat to US forces. How do you fight an enemy who is not afraid to die? We found the answer, i am sure we could think of something.

Nuking them would only increase your problems, Pakistan, India, Iran, Georgia Russia and some ex-soviet countries, also possibly china, would declare war since they would be effected by the blasts.
Last edited by Innsmothe on Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Your political compass

Federalist Territories
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Federalist Territories » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:51 pm

Innsmothe wrote:

Else you couldn't;t tell who was more worthy of condemnation, the instigator or the savior....

Like i said, there is no room for morality in war, the self righteous die and everyone is a villain to someone. One man's hero is another man's villain. In order to kill a monster, you must become one, it is a moral question, you go to war to kill another person, to your side, your a patriot, your a hero, the other side, your a murderer and villain. Morality is point of view, perception that others view you in, what good is the moral high ground when you die? I remember one scene in Saving Private Ryan where they spared the german and the damn nazi came back and killed half of them at the end and the one man who fought to spare the nazi's life was the one to kill him in the end. Now, that is fictional, but the moral example is interesting. Would they have survived if they just pulled the trigger.

Federalist Territories
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Federalist Territories » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:53 pm

Innsmothe wrote:

Nuking them would only increase your problems, Pakistan, India, Iran, Georgia Russia and some ex-soviet countries, also possibly china, would declare war since they would be effected by the blasts.

I never said anything about nuking anybody, i was pointing the magnitude of what we had to do to break the will of Japan. I am not saying "Oh well it worked on Japan, let's drop a nuke on Afghanistan and rattle the cage" no. What i was saying is we have to go about it differently then we are now, something more extreme i'd say but nothing involving nukes.

Innsmothe
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Innsmothe » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:54 pm

Innsmothe wrote:

Like i said, there is no room for morality in war, the self righteous die and everyone is a villain to someone. One man's hero is another man's villain. In order to kill a monster, you must become one, it is a moral question, you go to war to kill another person, to your side, your a patriot, your a hero, the other side, your a murderer and villain. Morality is point of view, perception that others view you in, what good is the moral high ground when you die? I remember one scene in Saving Private Ryan where they spared the german and the damn nazi came back and killed half of them at the end and the one man who fought to spare the nazi's life was the one to kill him in the end. Now, that is fictional, but the moral example is interesting. Would they have survived if they just pulled the trigger.

Sacrifice is an ideal to most groups.
And for some it is the only path to the afterlife.
Plus, not turning the surrounding nations into potential enemies is a good reason to spare the people.
Even the largest beast can fall to multiple smaller ones.

Your political compass

Terishany
Envoy

Founded: Jun 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Terishany » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:55 pm

Terrorists from Gaza launch rockets and suicide bombers into Israel, and Israel fights back and all of a sudden they are the bad guy?
Hmm...
Young Conservative Christian. But I enjoy talking with anyone!

Innsmothe
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Innsmothe » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:58 pm

Terishany wrote:Terrorists from Gaza launch rockets and suicide bombers into Israel, and Israel fights back and all of a sudden they are the bad guy?
Hmm...

One, They block all food water and Aid into Gaza, causing most of the aggression.

When they seek to break the siege, they are culled like animals with illegal weaponry.

As the son of a German Jew, I say they are no better than the Nazi's.
Last edited by Innsmothe on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Your political compass

Chamberliania
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Chamberliania » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:00 pm

Nodinia wrote:
Lithuneria wrote:I am not a zionist but I support Israel's actions.

All their actions? So you support colonialism.....?

Just saying, there is some good to be said for colonies...
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Aaron Burr. Good Vice-President. Great aim too. ;)

GENERATION 19: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Chamberliania
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Chamberliania » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:00 pm

Nodinia wrote:
Lithuneria wrote:I am not a zionist but I support Israel's actions.

All their actions? So you support colonialism.....?

Just saying, there is some good to be said for colonies...
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Aaron Burr. Good Vice-President. Great aim too. ;)

GENERATION 19: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Israslovakahzerbajan
Powerbroker

Founded: May 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Israslovakahzerbajan » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:04 pm

Innsmothe wrote:
Terishany wrote:Terrorists from Gaza launch rockets and suicide bombers into Israel, and Israel fights back and all of a sudden they are the bad guy?
Hmm...

One, They block all food water and Aid into Gaza, causing most of the aggression.

When they seek to break the siege, they are culled like animals with illegal weaponry.

But the Nazis didn't cry for mommy when they got a bad international rep.
IC name: El Reino Panamericano/El Reino de La Dorada
IC Flag: Follow this link

México-Americano, por nacimiento. Nacionalista de mi país adoptivo: México.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:
Oh, I bet it counts alright...otaku gets anyone a x50 multiplier on their hell points.

Innsmothe
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Innsmothe » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:06 pm

Israslovakahzerbajan wrote:
Innsmothe wrote:One, They block all food water and Aid into Gaza, causing most of the aggression.

But the Nazis didn't cry for mommy when they got a bad international rep.

Heh, Nazi's in diapers.

Your political compass

Apollonesia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Apollonesia » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:07 pm

Last edited by Apollonesia on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christian
Political Compass
Factbook - (Updating)
"God is not only true, but Truth itself."

Innsmothe
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Innsmothe » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:13 pm

Apollonesia wrote:
Innsmothe wrote:One, They block all food water and Aid into Gaza, causing most of the aggression.

You are really crossing the line here, mate. When Israel ruthlessly murders 11 million innocent Palestinians, then say that.

I meant in their methods and morality they are comparable. They haven't reached that low.

Yet.
Last edited by Innsmothe on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Your political compass

Apollonesia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Apollonesia » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:21 pm

Still not. That is one gigantic exaggeration. Of course you'd think so, because you're ant-Zionist and anti-Israel. Germany wasn't surrounded by countries that wanted to obliterate it. Israel Nazi Germany
Christian
Political Compass
Factbook - (Updating)

Innsmothe
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Innsmothe » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:23 pm

Apollonesia wrote:Still not. That is one gigantic exaggeration. Of course you'd think so, because you're ant-Zionist and anti-Israel. Germany wasn't surrounded by countries that wanted to obliterate it. Israel Nazi Germany

France, Russia, And before WWI, Austria.

Your political compass

Apollonesia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Apollonesia » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:27 pm

Germany wasn't in the amount of danger that Israel is in. No terrorist attacks, nothing like that. Completely different.
Christian
Political Compass
Factbook - (Updating)

Innsmothe
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Innsmothe » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:28 pm

Apollonesia wrote:Germany wasn't in the amount of danger that Israel is in. No terrorist attacks, nothing like that. Completely different.

Except it was bankrupt, had a restricted armed force and angry citizens.

plus Israel is breeding terrorists by besieging Palestine.

If they stopped the siege, but increased border patrols and invested in precision arms, slaughter won't be necessary.
Last edited by Innsmothe on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Your political compass

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:41 pm

Federalist Territories wrote:In order to kill a monster, you must become one

Oh come on. Even the grandaddy of nihilism didn't buy into that.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Apollonesia wrote:You are really crossing the line here, mate. When Israel ruthlessly murders 11 million innocent Palestinians, then say that.

Show me this imaginary line. I want to see it.
Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General