NATION

PASSWORD

EU III

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Tropicarno
Minister

Founded: Dec 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

EU III

Postby Tropicarno » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:44 am

I am a avid player of Eu III Proberly on of my most Fav Games ever created for the Pc Gameing Platform

I am Eager to see if anyone else in the forum plays such a game and if so what is your Fav Faction? and Possibly your Strategys
Weapons USed By Us
Infantry: Ak-47/74/74c | Stinger/Rpg/Law | Lasbar/Dragunov
Tanks: Challanger,T-90/ Black Gulo Tank (152 MM Gun)
Aircraft: F-15/Mig (ALl Types)/ Shark/
Bombers White Night

Sun Aut Ex
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sun Aut Ex » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:49 am

I'm playing EU3HttT right now. I use a random number generator to pick a country at random. Right now I'm playing through as Annam.
Strykyh wrote:I wasn't trying to be intelligent.

Keronians wrote:
So you think it's ok to waste valuable police time and resources to pander to minority superstitions?

"All available officers, report downtown, armed suspected firing wildly into the public."
"I'll be about ten minutes, I have to go to ID a Muslim woman."

Yes.

Unless of course it's not OK for a woman to ask for a female to ask for a female officer to carry out body checks. In which case, the answer would be no.

"All available officers, report downtown, armed suspected firing wildly into the public."
"I'll be about then minutes, I have to go to carry out a body check on a woman."

Schwabenreich
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Schwabenreich » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:51 am

I've played a lot of EU3, I've been playing since the Napolean's Ambition expansion, and pretty much started my games with every expansion and occassionally the patches. Tried most of the big mods, a lot of little ones. I have possibly 900 hours of gameplay on EU3. My favorite factions tend to be, Teutonic Order, Bavaria, Sweden, Lübeck/Hansa, Moldavia and Ottoman Empire. Though I've had a lot of fun games as Muscowy, Korea, Japan and other Deutsch or Scandinavian states, and as Milan. I've played a few Hungary games but for some reason I never get far before I lose interest or load a different save.
Last edited by Schwabenreich on Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The sovereign represents the state; he and his people form but one body, which can only be happy as far as united by concord. The prince is to a nation he governs, what a head is to a man; it is his duty to see, think and act for the whole community, that he may procure it every advantage of which it is capable."-Friedrich der Große

Tropicarno
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tropicarno » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:53 am

Hmm Nic Selection :) My Favs incluide Venice,Hungary,France (Altho way to over powered) and Ocassionally the Byzantines :) I always like to play far but like you i get very bored so i tend to play online alot with my freinds which seems to work alot better when you are constantly thewted by your Opponants :D
Weapons USed By Us
Bombers White Night

Sun Aut Ex
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sun Aut Ex » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:54 am

The best thing is building an empire out of a tiny state, and vassalising your powerful neighbours.
Strykyh wrote:I wasn't trying to be intelligent.

Keronians wrote:
So you think it's ok to waste valuable police time and resources to pander to minority superstitions?

"I'll be about ten minutes, I have to go to ID a Muslim woman."

Yes.

Unless of course it's not OK for a woman to ask for a female to ask for a female officer to carry out body checks. In which case, the answer would be no.

"I'll be about then minutes, I have to go to carry out a body check on a woman."

Tropicarno
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tropicarno » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:55 am

yh thats Very Satisfieing Lol :) I do it as Venice :D I have created italy out of Venice but then the MASSIVE ottoamans and French Warned me (Very Angry Sad face)
Weapons USed By Us
Bombers White Night

Dennisov
Lobbyist

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dennisov » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:56 am

I still haven't switched from EU2 to EU3, which expansions do you have, from the four, I only have Napoleon's ambition, without that one I found the game seriously lacking, perhaps the other three bring it up to the level of EU2.
As far as factions go, I love playing Savoy in EU2. Playing EU3 I got really annoyed with a retreating army doing their retreating behind my front line. Ugh, having to hunt them down and chasing them all over my land, so annoying!

Tropicarno
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tropicarno » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:58 am

Yeh i have Na and In Niomie and not Httt yet but i will soon altho i have played it and its very good :) You still have the army Chaseing but thats Ok with me cos it gives me the chance to Utterly Anialte a Countrys Ability to fight me, Take the Inicitive Kinda Thing :) It also adds things like National Desistions such as Forming Germany,Prussia and Italy Reforms westerniseing and altho the Ability to make Religius Reforms to :D i love it
Weapons USed By Us
Bombers White Night

Schwabenreich
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Schwabenreich » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:58 am

Tropicarno wrote:Hmm Nic Selection :) My Favs incluide Venice,Hungary,France (Altho way to over powered) and Ocassionally the Byzantines :) I always like to play far but like you i get very bored so i tend to play online alot with my freinds which seems to work alot better when you are constantly thewted by your Opponants :D

Ah, I tend to prefer Milano to Venice, because its more militarized, in the Holy Roman Empire, and is a monarchy. I also prefer Burgundy to France, because of its starting provinces and an Anti-french sentiment (hey they've ruined my games for me with their haxness, its fun kicking away their chances to blob nice and early) and for the Balkans I tend to play the Romanians, Hungarians or Ottomans, Though I've been tempted to play Byzantine, if only because it seems in HTTP they are in such a position to make a comeback, like, those hell nice casus bellis. Would be fun reviving the Roman Empire in that sense. Playing with friends is nice as long as they don't betray you, me and a friend of mine were playing a Sweden, Muscowy game, and taking and selling each other provinces to get away from infamy, it easily helped us expand more then either of us would accomplish by ourselves, was really fun. On the other hand, one time I was neighbouring a human player and he out of no where threw his treasury up high, inflated like crazy, and just declared war on me XD
"The sovereign represents the state; he and his people form but one body, which can only be happy as far as united by concord. The prince is to a nation he governs, what a head is to a man; it is his duty to see, think and act for the whole community, that he may procure it every advantage of which it is capable."-Friedrich der Große

Tropicarno
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tropicarno » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:01 am

Well i Like Venice cos there Navy is very Important and When fighting the Ottoamans its Easy to Eradicate them ;) But yeh Milan is good but Venice Userly is able to Beat them Early on Unfortuntly

On the other hand i Love Multiplayer :D I do keep my Deals but im a Very Agressive player and if i want something i will DO all i can to get it :D all in all im a Fun person to play with but dont expect Relations to stay sweet all the time especilly if we fight over something Similer
Weapons USed By Us
Bombers White Night

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:03 am

I'm playing England, trying to take all of Europe without annexing anything, whilst colonising the entire eastern American coastline.
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

Schwabenreich
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Schwabenreich » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:09 am

Tropicarno wrote:Well i Like Venice cos there Navy is very Important and When fighting the Ottoamans its Easy to Eradicate them ;) But yeh Milan is good but Venice Userly is able to Beat them Early on Unfortuntly

On the other hand i Love Multiplayer :D I do keep my Deals but im a Very Agressive player and if i want something i will DO all i can to get it :D all in all im a Fun person to play with but dont expect Relations to stay sweet all the time especilly if we fight over something Similer

What has always appealed to me about Venice is how rich it is, in my games its normally richer then Genoa, and has nicer provinces then Genoa. At the same time, I tend to play Lübeck for a similar motivation (wealth).

I'm a naturally defensive player, just, building up, trying to unite my culture group or neaten up my borders, at the same time however I recognise that that would be a weakness ultimately, so I remind myself to be an oppertunist and attack whenever I have a good casus belli going for me. Once I get big late game I start invading without casus bellis.

Salandriagado wrote:I'm playing England, trying to take all of Europe without annexing anything, whilst colonising the entire eastern American coastline.

Ambitious, I'm assuming you're using a lot of claim thrones? Or just vassalising everything?

Tropicarno
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tropicarno » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:12 am

I find Conquering the Brittish Isles without Annexing Mighty Hard?

And Well Venice is Massively Wealthy which allows me to Build up a Huge army very Nicely, the only problem is the Republic Government type :/ WHich means all your leaders are old so if you get a good one he will die off pretty qiuck. but if you get a crap one he can be voted away Very Qiuck :)

Also there Navy just Pawns anything in Italy giving them a huge Advantige :) plus they own a Cot which is always good
Weapons USed By Us
Bombers White Night

Schwabenreich
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Schwabenreich » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:16 am

Tropicarno wrote:I find Conquering the Brittish Isles without Annexing Mighty Hard?

And Well Venice is Massively Wealthy which allows me to Build up a Huge army very Nicely, the only problem is the Republic Government type :/ WHich means all your leaders are old so if you get a good one he will die off pretty qiuck. but if you get a crap one he can be voted away Very Qiuck :)

Also there Navy just Pawns anything in Italy giving them a huge Advantige :) plus they own a Cot which is always good

Yeah, though I have a trick to beat the AI Venice's navy. What I do is, I run a ship around, the other side of Italy, Venice's navy goes to chase it.. then bam! Rush my men over before it can get back, surprisingly I've been doing that since IN, and it still works for me.

Tropicarno
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tropicarno » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:17 am

Yeh but the Ai are Just Stupid!

Maybe we should play a Game together sometime :) Altho i would like abit of Help with Fegging INflation annoys the hell outta me
Weapons USed By Us
Bombers White Night

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2010
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:19 am

I played the demo for HttT quite a bit. I would usually play as England and try to stay out of affairs of mainland Europe until I had a large fleet and army. Then I would go to war with France (Usually as Austria was at war with them also). Unfortunantly, the demo time limit would usually run out before I could defeat them.
"We've lost control! Now for the love of Earth...and the Sovereign Colonies, we've got to do what's right."

Lietvos
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Lietvos » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:19 am

One of my favorite games of all time too, especially with one of the player mods like Whole World. I play various different games, Portugal is one of my favorites as is Poland, Bohemia's great for land empires. Also, despite the game's name, you should try some countries other than European ones - Uniting India especially can be an interesting goal.

Tropicarno
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tropicarno » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:22 am

England are a Amazeing side i just ont like that France Pawns em :/

And Yeh Portugal are good but i prefere Europe its just a more Intresting place to be at that Time, Plus many more Nations to ANNEX!!! >:D
Weapons USed By Us
Bombers White Night

Schwabenreich
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Schwabenreich » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:24 am

Tropicarno wrote:Yeh but the Ai are Just Stupid!

Maybe we should play a Game together sometime :) Altho i would like abit of Help with Fegging INflation annoys the hell outta me

I tend to not build troops if I can't keep my inflation 0, the exception to this is Magna Mundi and MEIOU where sometimes that is impossible. I often get bank first national idea, just so I can put up my treasury without taking on inflation, though I hear the national bank isn't what the pros use.

Lietvos wrote:One of my favorite games of all time too, especially with one of the player mods like Whole World. I play various different games, Portugal is one of my favorites as is Poland, Bohemia's great for land empires. Also, despite the game's name, you should try some countries other than European ones - Uniting India especially can be an interesting goal.

India never rly did it for me, everytime I start a game in India I normally stop playing in a few ingame years. I can't keep it up. Though I've played just about everywhere else, except Oceania (Whole World Mod wise). I've played a few Portugal games, but I always, screw it up somehow, like either, I get stuck not being able to do anything, or even fund my colonies, or I just get attacked by Morroco or Spain, either way early game, I'm screwed. Always wanted to play Bohemia though, take the Jageillon nations, and then like, move my capital to a Deutsch province to asismilate away from Czech, and maybe unite teh HRE as them (something I've only done as Bavaria and Austria at the moment).

Tropicarno
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tropicarno » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:27 am

Well I Enjoy playing it so Much Im always Looking out for other Players to Join me in a Game :) Should be Very Intresting The more Players the More bloody it becomes
Weapons USed By Us
Bombers White Night

Schwabenreich
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Schwabenreich » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:50 am

Tropicarno wrote:Well I Enjoy playing it so Much Im always Looking out for other Players to Join me in a Game :) Should be Very Intresting The more Players the More bloody it becomes

How do you claim provinces? I tend to go by a hierarchy. For myself the main priority is culture group, though sometimes I disagree with how the cultures were placed, for example MEIOU made Ingria Russian, to my dismay, when at the time I have confidence that it would in fact, be the native peoples of the finno-ugric culture. Magna Mundi also has annoyed me with how it identifies the Frisians and Swabians, sometimes they get it right, then next version it seems all wrong to me. Secondly, I then go by nice shape, say, you're Moldavia, and you really want Dobregea or Silistria to fix your border, you're damn right I'll take it and the other bulgarian/crimean provinces to get a nice shape I want. Thirdly I have historical claim, for example, I am playing Austria, you're damn right I'll want Hungary, 1 for being Hapsburg, and 2 to make a similar thing to Austro-Hungary as historical. Though they're examples and I tend to make exceptions particularly in the interest of mutual exchange and friendship, conceding the right of others to claim provinces I would want.

Zephie
Senator

Founded: Oct 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:51 am

i Like medieval 2 =D
When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.
Senestrum wrote:I just can't think of anything to say that wouldn't get me warned on this net-nanny forum.

Schwabenreich
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Schwabenreich » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:59 am

Zephie wrote:i Like medieval 2 =D

Same here, but gameplay wise I preferred Rome TW. Currently I've been powering through the kingdom campaigns for M2TW, doing well as Norway in Britannia =D

New Wallonochia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby New Wallonochia » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:17 am

I tend to play as minor European states, usually Scotland, Brittany or one of the smaller German states like Hessen. I'll usually set minor goals for myself, I tend to try just to survive and make a few colonies in North America as Scotland or Brittany and as German states I try to unite Germany.

I did play once as the Iroquois and managed to prevent all European colonization of North America, but it was incredibly boring until the Europeans started showing up.

Tropicarno
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tropicarno » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:21 am

I Love the Total wars :) Strategy Gameing is the way forward so much more fun then Fps :D and Hey i bet fighting the Colonials was very fun
Weapons USed By Us
Bombers White Night

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General