NATION

PASSWORD

Most Hated/Discriminated People in History

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who is the most hated/discriminated/persecuted people in history?

Africans
7%
Arabs
1%
Jews
42%
Asians
0%
Whites
16%
Hispanics
1%
Canadians
4%
French
3%
Athiests
8%
Other
18%

Total votes : 244

Himeu
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Himeu » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:05 pm

Angleter wrote:I've changed my vote to Atheists, on the grounds that barely anybody ever spells their name right, and they are invariably misrepresented as 'Athiests'.

Poor guys. Misspelled by all those people that forgot 3rd grade.

Nazis in Space
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazis in Space » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:09 pm

Angleter wrote:It's not uncommon. So did Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Charles Taylor, Mussolini, Enver Pasha, etc.
Pretty much everyone, really. Unless they enslaved them instead. The idea that 'Innocence' or 'Women' or 'Children' should be spared is as new as it is, historically speaking, abnormal. No neolithic tribesman would get the idea that he shouldn't murder the fuck out of his neighbors sitting on land his tribe needs because they're supposedly 'Innocent' - that'd defeat the point of killing them and stealing their land, no? 'Innocence' doesn't matter. That they're in the way does.

Even supposedly 'Civilised' nations certainly didn't have a problem gassing and slaughtering people they weren't exceedingly close on a cultural, linguistic, phenotypical and genetic basis - murdering each other's civilians may not have been considered appropriate in the conflicts over Italy between, say, France and Austria, but it sure as hell was the way to go when it came to pacifying Algeria. Just because America considered it improper to for Germans to sink a couple Americans sailing into a warzone didn't mean it hadn't been quite cool with banging injun babies in the heads with revolvers (Using rifles sprayed their organs to much - actual quote) just a couple decades previously. And the British empire saw nothing wrong with machinegunning negros and indians at every opportunity, or making sure that Tasmanians didn't come in the way of their farmers (Very successfully so. Tasmanians went extinct) in the 19th and 20th century.

Even the supposedly 'Good' guys in WW2 were perfectly happy to murder civilians when it suited their ends - the entire strategic bombing campaign was specifically designed (Pre-war even. The US & Britain were the only countries to adopt Douhet's doctrines wholesale) as a terror campaign to kill and terrify as many civilians as possible.

The idea that 'Civilians are to be spared' is, as a rule, mere propaganda (If it exists at all) and merely applies to the other side - your side obviously isn't supposed to confirm to such silly standards.

And it's really only in the post-vietnam era that 'Sparing Enemy Civilians has been taken seriously - by a handful of countries in the west. Nobody else. It's a remarkably historical outlier, most unusual and essentially without precedence.
Last edited by Nazis in Space on Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:15 pm

Nazis in Space wrote:And it's really only in the post-vietnam era that 'Sparing Enemy Civilians has been taken seriously - by a handful of countries in the west. Nobody else. It's a remarkably historical outlier, most unusual and essentially without precedence.

It's why we started losing so much. We shouldn't have fought Vietnam or Iraq at all, but if you're going to fight a war, it does help to fight for real.
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

Reggenza del Carnaro
Envoy

Founded: Aug 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Reggenza del Carnaro » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:16 pm

Angleter wrote:
Himeu wrote:Those nasty Nazis killed innocent women, men, and children! Children??!! >:(

It's not uncommon. So did Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Charles Taylor, Mussolini, Enver Pasha, etc.

Never heard about Mussolini killing children.... :blink:
wir pfeifen nach unten und oben
und uns kann die ganze Welt
Verfluchen oder loben
Grade wie es jedem: gefàllt

Dottiestan
Secretary

Founded: Jul 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dottiestan » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:17 pm

Christians, easily.

Abdju
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Abdju » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:20 pm

The blessed Chris wrote:
Abdju wrote:The Roma. We get the short straw every fucking time.

No. You're inveterately criminal diddicoy bastards.

Racist flamebaits from a gutter-tory. How original...

Left/Right -5.25 | Auth/Lib: +2.57 |
"Objectivism really is a Fountainhead of philosophical diarrhea" - derscon
"God Hates Fags But Says It's Okay to Double Dip" - Gauthier

Great Nepal - Tax supporting environment are useless, we can live without it.
Great Nepal - Lions can't fly. Therefore, eagles are superior.
Turan Cumhuriyeti - no you presented lower quality of brain
Greed and Death - Spanish was an Amerindian language.
Sungai Pusat - No, I know exactly what happened. The Titanic had left USA's shores and somewhere near the Arctic Circle
Derscon - I let Jews handle my money, not my penis.
Fevolo - i'm not talking about catholics. i'm talking about christians.

Abdju
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Abdju » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:21 pm

Dottiestan wrote:Christians, easily.

:rofl:

Don't make me get out the pac-man pie chat...

Left/Right -5.25 | Auth/Lib: +2.57 |
"Objectivism really is a Fountainhead of philosophical diarrhea" - derscon
"God Hates Fags But Says It's Okay to Double Dip" - Gauthier

Great Nepal - Tax supporting environment are useless, we can live without it.
Great Nepal - Lions can't fly. Therefore, eagles are superior.
Turan Cumhuriyeti - no you presented lower quality of brain
Greed and Death - Spanish was an Amerindian language.
Sungai Pusat - No, I know exactly what happened. The Titanic had left USA's shores and somewhere near the Arctic Circle
Derscon - I let Jews handle my money, not my penis.
Fevolo - i'm not talking about catholics. i'm talking about christians.

Nazis in Space
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazis in Space » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:21 pm

I made the point earlier, and seriously... It applies. That the nazis murdered millions of people disturbed no-one. It was par for the course. What disturbed everyone was that they murdered white people.

If they'd murdered chinese, only the chinese would care, nobody else would even remember it (No, really. Nazis always lead the 'Evillest People evar' polls in the west, the japanese get at best a mention for creating Dragonball & Pokemon. Seventeen million murdered chinese between '37 & '45? White people don't remember this shit. Section 731? Mengele was evil, that the Japs ever did similar things is basically unknown to the public memory).

That's why it is, as a rule, illuminating to learn how nazis are viewed by cultures who were only tangentially involved. There's plenty of Indians who think that the Nazis were pretty cool. Sure, they were oppressive, but hardly more so than the British were in India, and hey, they did kick Britain in the face. Which is something Indians like. Holocaust? Eh.. It happens. Statistical outlier.

Likewise for Koreans or the Chinese. Nazis? Yeah... Some stuff in Europe. Now, the Japanese were monsters... But hey, a nazi actually saved several hundred thousand chinese from the advancing japanese mass-murderers! Nazis are totally spiffy.

One has to take a remarkably white point of view to view Nazis as the 'Evillest Thing Ever', and it's nothing less than insulting to not only believe this (That's okay if you're white... You've a limited cultural horizon), but insist that all the brown and yellow people who suffered just as bad, if not worse (Jews still exist post-holocaust. Now find me a Tasmanian...) from their oppressors take the same view as you... Just because you're staggeringly clueless about their history.

Middle of somewhere
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Middle of somewhere » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:24 pm

It's either jewish people or gay male hookers
Jagalonia wrote:
Middle of somewhere wrote:Statistics say that 100% of people die.

Wait....Really?....Crap!

Middle of somewhere
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Middle of somewhere » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:24 pm

Abdju wrote:
Dottiestan wrote:Christians, easily.

:rofl:

Don't make me get out the pac-man pie chat...

The what :blink:
Jagalonia wrote:

Wait....Really?....Crap!

Urcea
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Urcea » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:24 pm

Clearly the Jews, but those making a case for Germans have a legitimate point. I consider expulsion of Germans one of the greatest crimes of the modern era.
The Federal Republic of Urcea
President| Brianna Johnson
National Ideology| National Democracy
National Info/Links| Factbook, NSEconomy, Roman Catholic Church

Reggenza del Carnaro
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Reggenza del Carnaro » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:26 pm

Nazis in Space wrote:
Angleter wrote:It's not uncommon. So did Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Charles Taylor, Mussolini, Enver Pasha, etc.
Pretty much everyone, really. Unless they enslaved them instead. The idea that 'Innocence' or 'Women' or 'Children' should be spared is as new as it is, historically speaking, abnormal. No neolithic tribesman would get the idea that he shouldn't murder the fuck out of his neighbors sitting on land his tribe needs because they're supposedly 'Innocent' - that'd defeat the point of killing them and stealing their land, no? 'Innocence' doesn't matter. That they're in the way does.

Even supposedly 'Civilised' nations certainly didn't have a problem gassing and slaughtering people they weren't exceedingly close on a cultural, linguistic, phenotypical and genetic basis - murdering each other's civilians may not have been considered appropriate in the conflicts over Italy between, say, France and Austria, but it sure as hell was the way to go when it came to pacifying Algeria. Just because America considered it improper to for Germans to sink a couple Americans sailing into a warzone didn't mean it hadn't been quite cool with banging injun babies in the heads with revolvers (Using rifles sprayed their organs to much - actual quote) just a couple decades previously. And the British empire saw nothing wrong with machinegunning negros and indians at every opportunity, or making sure that Tasmanians didn't come in the way of their farmers (Very successfully so. Tasmanians went extinct) in the 19th and 20th century.

Even the supposedly 'Good' guys in WW2 were perfectly happy to murder civilians when it suited their ends - the entire strategic bombing campaign was specifically designed (Pre-war even. The US & Britain were the only countries to adopt Douhet's doctrines wholesale) as a terror campaign to kill and terrify as many civilians as possible.

The idea that 'Civilians are to be spared' is, as a rule, mere propaganda (If it exists at all) and merely applies to the other side - your side obviously isn't supposed to confirm to such silly standards.

And it's really only in the post-vietnam era that 'Sparing Enemy Civilians has been taken seriously - by a handful of countries in the west. Nobody else. It's a remarkably historical outlier, most unusual and essentially without precedence.

Women and children were spared since the Antiquity... they were enslaved, that's right, but usually spared. There was pillage, rape and violence too... but there was no need to kill non-fighters which could represent an attractive 'prey of war'.
Verfluchen oder loben

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:28 pm

Urcea wrote:Clearly the Jews, but those making a case for Germans have a legitimate point. I consider expulsion of Germans one of the greatest crimes of the modern era.

Germans? Seriously? :rofl:
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

Middle of somewhere
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Middle of somewhere » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:33 pm

I think the most discriminated people in history would be the Zulkiwi oh oh
Jagalonia wrote:

Wait....Really?....Crap!

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:37 pm

The blessed Chris wrote:
Abdju wrote:The Roma. We get the short straw every fucking time.

No. You're inveterately criminal diddicoy bastards.

*** Warned for trolling. ***
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Peppersmak
Envoy

Founded: Apr 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Peppersmak » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Peppersmak wrote:We will never know the true number. Now days low estimates are in the 50.000-100.000 range, while the high accepted number is about 5.6 million. The truth is somewhere in the middle, but we will never know. However it does not matter, one person is one too many.

I can't tell if you're talking about people in general or only Jews.

Sorry, I was referring to jewish persons in internment German internment/concentration camps.

Militire
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Militire » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:12 pm

What about the treatment of the Japenese on the west coast of Canada, Or WW1 Canadian concentration camps? I know that they weren't as bad as their opponent's POW camps, but they were pretty shitty places to live.

Himeu
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Himeu » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:15 pm

Nazis in Space wrote:I made the point earlier, and seriously... It applies. That the nazis murdered millions of people disturbed no-one. It was par for the course. What disturbed everyone was that they murdered white people.

If they'd murdered chinese, only the chinese would care, nobody else would even remember it (No, really. Nazis always lead the 'Evillest People evar' polls in the west, the japanese get at best a mention for creating Dragonball & Pokemon. Seventeen million murdered chinese between '37 & '45? White people don't remember this shit. Section 731? Mengele was evil, that the Japs ever did similar things is basically unknown to the public memory).

That's why it is, as a rule, illuminating to learn how nazis are viewed by cultures who were only tangentially involved. There's plenty of Indians who think that the Nazis were pretty cool. Sure, they were oppressive, but hardly more so than the British were in India, and hey, they did kick Britain in the face. Which is something Indians like. Holocaust? Eh.. It happens. Statistical outlier.

Likewise for Koreans or the Chinese. Nazis? Yeah... Some stuff in Europe. Now, the Japanese were monsters... But hey, a nazi actually saved several hundred thousand chinese from the advancing japanese mass-murderers! Nazis are totally spiffy.

One has to take a remarkably white point of view to view Nazis as the 'Evillest Thing Ever', and it's nothing less than insulting to not only believe this (That's okay if you're white...

You've a limited cultural horizon), but insist that all the brown and yellow people who suffered just as bad, if not worse (Jews still exist post-holocaust. Now find me a Tasmanian...) from

their
oppressors take the same view as you... Just because you're staggeringly clueless about their history.

Take a gander at history book The Nazis killed many ethnicites in the American army. It had nothing to do with white people. It wasthe fact that they killed mercilessly.

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:17 pm

Himeu wrote:Take a gander at history book The Nazis killed many ethnicites in the American army. It had nothing to do with white people. It wasthe fact that they killed mercilessly.

And the WWII Japanese killed with such compassion! :roll:

Himeu
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Himeu » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:19 pm

Japanese , German, American, British, we all had our faults. But the Japanese and Germans were know for their ruthess brutality and crualty towards civillians. The Russians did treat the Germans some what roughly though. I'm sure the are many wonderful Germans, I have nothing against any race! But the Nazis left such an example of mindless murder. Let's pray it never happens again!

Middle of somewhere
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Middle of somewhere » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:19 pm

Militire wrote:What about the treatment of the Japenese on the west coast of Canada, Or WW1 Canadian concentration camps? I know that they weren't as bad as their opponent's POW camps, but they were pretty shitty places to live.

Things were way worse than that too be considered the most discriminated
Jagalonia wrote:

Wait....Really?....Crap!

Reggenza del Carnaro
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Reggenza del Carnaro » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:19 pm

Himeu wrote:
Nazis in Space wrote:I made the point earlier, and seriously... It applies. That the nazis murdered millions of people disturbed no-one. It was par for the course. What disturbed everyone was that they murdered white people.

One has to take a remarkably white point of view to view Nazis as the 'Evillest Thing Ever', and it's nothing less than insulting to not only believe this (That's okay if you're white...

You've a limited cultural horizon), but insist that all the brown and yellow people who suffered just as bad, if not worse (Jews still exist post-holocaust. Now find me a Tasmanian...) from

their
oppressors take the same view as you... Just because you're staggeringly clueless about their history.

Take a gander at history book The Nazis killed many ethnicites in the American army. It had nothing to do with white people. It wasthe fact that they killed mercilessly.

now... what the Amercan Army has to do with this? When you fight you aren't supposed to verify the ethnicity of your ennemy, I guess?
Last edited by Reggenza del Carnaro on Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Verfluchen oder loben

Militire
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Militire » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:22 pm

Middle of somewhere wrote:
Militire wrote:What about the treatment of the Japenese on the west coast of Canada, Or WW1 Canadian concentration camps? I know that they weren't as bad as their opponent's POW camps, but they were pretty shitty places to live.

Things were way worse than that too be considered the most discriminated

Well, what the Canadians did gave the Nazis Ideas for concentration camps.

EvilDarkMagicians
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby EvilDarkMagicians » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:23 pm

The Cat-Tribe wrote:Don't care. It is not a contest. There is no prize.

The prize is getting the highest percentage on an NSG poll. ;)

Himeu
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Himeu » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:23 pm

Japanese Interment camps were horrid.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General