NATION

PASSWORD

Most Hated/Discriminated People in History

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who is the most hated/discriminated/persecuted people in history?

Africans
7%
Arabs
1%
Jews
42%
Asians
0%
Whites
16%
Hispanics
1%
Canadians
4%
French
3%
Athiests
8%
Other
18%

Total votes : 244

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:31 am

Himeu wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Himeu wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:

Well the Nazis brought it upon themselves! You murdered 6 million people! And don't give me that lame excuse " I was only following orders" or " I was just doing my job". I don't buy it!

It was more like 12 million. Get your facts straight! >:(

6 million jews! Get your facts straight!

You said 6 million people.

Oh, and....

Get your facts straight! :p
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

Himeu
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Himeu » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:34 am

Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Himeu wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Himeu wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:

Well the Nazis brought it upon themselves! You murdered 6 million people! And don't give me that lame excuse " I was only following orders" or " I was just doing my job". I don't buy it!

Oh, and....

Jews are people! Oh, that's right, Nazis refer to them as sub-human! Oops! My mistake. >:(
Last edited by Himeu on Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Militire
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Militire » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:36 am

What makes me laugh about the Nazis, is that they let an insurgent Yugoslavia free itself! Man, even the French were able to takeout Algerian insurgents in the 50's. (And from major history books,it appears that they are the only major power to defeat a major insurgancy).

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:38 am

Himeu wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Himeu wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Himeu wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:

Oh, and....

Jews are people! Oh, that's right, Nazis refer to them as sub-human! Oops! My mistake. >:(

And I included them in the estimated 12 million dead. I guess you are not counting the Roma, gays, mentally ill, etc. because they are subhuman.

Maybe I should just sig this: Get your facts straight.
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

Himeu
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Himeu » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:39 am

The Chetniks were in league with the nazis. The Parisans were with the allies I believe.

Zephie
Senator

Founded: Oct 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:39 am

Himeu wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Himeu wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Himeu wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:

Oh, and....

Not only Jews. More than Jews were considered sub-human.
When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.
Senestrum wrote:I just can't think of anything to say that wouldn't get me warned on this net-nanny forum.

Peppersmak
Envoy

Founded: Apr 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Peppersmak » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:40 am

Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Himeu wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Himeu wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:

Oh, and....

We will never know the true number. Now days low estimates are in the 50.000-100.000 range, while the high accepted number is about 5.6 million. The truth is somewhere in the middle, but we will never know. However it does not matter, one person is one too many.

Zephie
Senator

Founded: Oct 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:43 am

Peppersmak wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Himeu wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Himeu wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:

Oh, and....

We will never know the true number. Now days low estimates are in the 50.000-100.000 range, while the high accepted number is about 5.6 million. The truth is somewhere in the middle, but we will never know. However it does not matter, one person is one too many.

The higher the number, the better it looks for the Israel Lobby.
When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.
Senestrum wrote:I just can't think of anything to say that wouldn't get me warned on this net-nanny forum.

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:44 am

Peppersmak wrote:We will never know the true number. Now days low estimates are in the 50.000-100.000 range, while the high accepted number is about 5.6 million. The truth is somewhere in the middle, but we will never know. However it does not matter, one person is one too many.

I can't tell if you're talking about people in general or only Jews.

Yootwopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yootwopia » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:45 am

Militire wrote:What makes me laugh about the Nazis, is that they let an insurgent Yugoslavia free itself! Man, even the French were able to takeout Algerian insurgents in the 50's. (And from major history books,it appears that they are the only major power to defeat a major insurgancy).

WRONG

1) The French lost in Algeria, and Indochina
2) The British won in Malaya and Kenya
Last edited by Yootwopia on Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Technically a Polanski.

Militire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Militire » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:51 am

Yootwopia wrote:
Militire wrote:What makes me laugh about the Nazis, is that they let an insurgent Yugoslavia free itself! Man, even the French were able to takeout Algerian insurgents in the 50's. (And from major history books,it appears that they are the only major power to defeat a major insurgancy).

WRONG

Mistaken:
The only reason France didn't hold onto the province of Algeria was the military coup supported by the general that was in charge of the french army there. After the coup, Paris just let it have independance after negotiations. But if it wasn't for the coup, It would have been Fren for a much longer time.
As to the British, I was unaware to that. If you could toss me a link, It would be awesome.
Last edited by Militire on Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Himeu
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Himeu » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:52 am

I totally agree. Even one person is too many! Blasted Nazis!

Yootwopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yootwopia » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:58 am

Militire wrote:
Yootwopia wrote:

WRONG

Mistaken:
The only reason France didn't hold onto the province of Algeria was the military coup supported by the general that was in charge of the french army there. After the coup, Paris just let it have independance after negotiations.

Oh right you're going down the BS "boohoo politics doesn't count" line favoured by patriots of all countries which have lost in Vietnam, eh?
As to the British, I was unaware to that. If you could toss me a link, It would be awesome.

Mayalan Emergency (not called a war because insurance companies weren't going to pay out if it was) and related Konfrontasi, during which Britain and ANZUS troops defended the newly-independent Malaysian Confederation.

And here's the Mau-Mau Uprising which happened in Kenya. Also one could argue that the EOKA (and EOKA-B) in Cyprus were defeated, but that's a rather murkier picture.
Technically a Polanski.

Himeu
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Himeu » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:26 am

We whooped em' at El Alamein!

Militire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Militire » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:35 am

Yootwopia wrote:
Militire wrote:
Yootwopia wrote:

WRONG

Mistaken:
The only reason France didn't hold onto the province of Algeria was the military coup supported by the general that was in charge of the french army there. After the coup, Paris just let it have independance after negotiations.

Oh right you're going down the BS "boohoo politics doesn't count" line favoured by patriots of all countries which have lost in Vietnam, eh?

Mayalan Emergency (not called a war because insurance companies weren't going to pay out if it was) and related Konfrontasi, during which Britain and ANZUS troops defended the newly-independent Malaysian Confederation.

And here's the Mau-Mau Uprising which happened in Kenya. Also one could argue that the EOKA (and EOKA-B) in Cyprus were defeated, but that's a rather murkier picture.

Hey, I'm not saying that it was politics that screwed up the Veitnam campaign. We did fairly well at the start, but the generals got cocky and underestimated the Vietnamese. They got sieged in Dien Bien Phu, and that was the end of that.
But seriously, the Nazis let Yugoslavia free itself. If that doesn't stink of weakness, especaily if the French (who did, unfortunatly, get defeated by the Germans, who then proceded to blow the shit out of the country fighting the Allies) kicked the ass of a better armed, trained and supplied insurgancy in Algeria, after getting the shit blown out of them, I don't not what does.

Nazis in Space
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazis in Space » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:57 am

Militire wrote:But seriously, the Nazis let Yugoslavia free itself. If that doesn't stink of weakness, especaily if the French (who did, unfortunatly, get defeated by the Germans, who then proceded to blow the shit out of the country fighting the Allies) kicked the ass of a better armed, trained and supplied insurgancy in Algeria, after getting the shit blown out of them, I don't not what does.
Well, actually, what happened was that the allies landed in Italy, and the red army was knocking on the balkans. With the allies in Italy, Yugoslavia & Greece no longer had any strategic value whatsoever, since Italian airbases managed to bomb the Romanian oilfields just fine, and with the Soviets threatening to cut off the Balkans, every single German army located on said Balkans was at risk of being encircled in the biggest encirclement ever, and then being destroyed.

So what Germany opted to do was to retreat from the Balkans, taking all their men and their material with them. For comparison, Dunkirk involved the material being left behind, yet is, for some incomprehensible reason, considered a British 'Victory'.

Yugoslavia managed to free itself the moment there were no longer any Germans in the country, because said Germans had opted to move north and fight in Austria and Hungary instead, and they'd done that not because Tito was blowing up the odd bridge, but because they had the red army to worry about. Who gives a shit about Yugoslavia when Vienna's under threat from a million billion T-34s?

Now comes the interesting bit. The French retreated from Algeria because of... Algerians (Some... Twenty million people back then? I dunno). Nobody else.

The Germans retreated from Yugoslavia because of the Soviets (150 mio people) + Americans (Another 150 mio people) + the British Empire (Half a billion people).

The Algerians had AKs, the French had total air superiority.

The Soviets, Americans and British had tanks, artillery, battleships, and total air superiority, while the Germans had very little indeed.

It doesn't quite match up, really.

Seriously. The retreat from the Balkans was Germany's Dunkirk - and we did it a lot better than the British at, uh, Dunkirk. Sure, we lost at the end, but the operation itself went remarkably well. Comparing it to the French losing it to quran-waving dirtfarmers is just silly.
Last edited by Nazis in Space on Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Just Mike
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Just Mike » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:58 am

Humanity has been oppressed and hated by the powers that be for thousands of years.

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:04 pm

Icemany wrote:
Geniasis wrote:
Icemany wrote:
Geniasis wrote:
Ryadn wrote:No gays, women or Native Peoples on the poll? Srsly?

Gays don't exist.

:? :? :?
What am I then? :eyebrow:

A bit of undigested beef.

I find that offensive too :/

Bah Humbug!

Besides, you're all just projections of my subconscious anyway. I'm the real one.
Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

Coccygia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Coccygia » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:26 pm

Wamitoria wrote:
Tungookska wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:
Cybach wrote:
Coccygia wrote:
Himeu wrote:
Coccygia wrote:
Tungookska wrote:
Himeu wrote:The Ku Klux Klan is another example of racist hate towards African Americans. Slavery in the 1800s is another one.

The Expulsion of Germans is an example of racist hate towards European Germans. Barbary pirates enslaving European merchants is another one.

The expulsion of Germans from where? Some country they were invading?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expulsion_ ... rld_War_II here

Expulsions of Germans from Poland, Czechoslovakia and Hungary during and after WW II? So I was right, it was some countries they were invading. :)

Those ethnic Germans had shit all to do with the politics of Germany and were inhabitants of those nations for centuries and millenia. They lived in those nations more than twice as long as your family lived in the US even if you belonged to the earliest settlers. Do you support race based discrimination?

Considering that most of those Germans collaborated with the Nazis, they pretty much had it coming.

non sensical reply is non sensical

That was the point.

No it wasn't. Screw the Germans, they've been pushing people around for millenia. Finally after WW II it caught up to them. :p
"Nobody deserves anything. You get what you get." - House
"Hope is for sissies." - House
“Qokedy qokedy dal qokedy qokedy." - The Voynich Manuscript
"We're not ordinary people - we're morons!" - Jerome Horwitz
"A book, any book, is a sacred object." - Jorge Luis Borges
"I am a survivor. I am like a cockroach, you just can't get rid of me." - Madonna

Nazis in Space
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazis in Space » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:51 pm

Coccygia wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:
Tungookska wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:
Cybach wrote:
Coccygia wrote:
Himeu wrote:
Coccygia wrote:
Tungookska wrote:
Himeu wrote:The Ku Klux Klan is another example of racist hate towards African Americans. Slavery in the 1800s is another one.

The Expulsion of Germans is an example of racist hate towards European Germans. Barbary pirates enslaving European merchants is another one.

The expulsion of Germans from where? Some country they were invading?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expulsion_ ... rld_War_II here

Expulsions of Germans from Poland, Czechoslovakia and Hungary during and after WW II? So I was right, it was some countries they were invading. :)

Those ethnic Germans had shit all to do with the politics of Germany and were inhabitants of those nations for centuries and millenia. They lived in those nations more than twice as long as your family lived in the US even if you belonged to the earliest settlers. Do you support race based discrimination?

Considering that most of those Germans collaborated with the Nazis, they pretty much had it coming.

non sensical reply is non sensical

That was the point.

No it wasn't. Screw the Germans, they've been pushing people around for millenia. Finally after WW II it caught up to them. :p
Well, in actuality, it was Germany that was constantly being attacked by the French, the Swedes, the Hungarians, and the Turks. With the slavs it's ambiguous - there was a lot of mutual pushing around -, and okay, the Italians really do have reason to complain about Germany.

But by and large, Germany was, over the course of an entire millenium, usually the victimised party, and then people started to whine when it opted to actually hit back.
Last edited by Nazis in Space on Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Himeu
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Himeu » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:55 pm

Those nasty Nazis killed innocent women, men, and children! Children??!! >:(

Angleter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Angleter » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:57 pm

Himeu wrote:Those nasty Nazis killed innocent women, men, and children! Children??!! >:(

It's not uncommon. So did Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Charles Taylor, Mussolini, Enver Pasha, etc.
[align=center]"I gotta tell you, this is just crazy, huh! This is just nuts, OK! Jeezo man."

Himeu
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Himeu » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:59 pm

Angleter wrote:
Himeu wrote:Those nasty Nazis killed innocent women, men, and children! Children??!! >:(

It's not uncommon. So did Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Charles Taylor, Mussolini, Enver Pasha, etc.

That's my point!

Dear God, were their parents animals? It's so hard to even imagine, let alone do something like that!

Angleter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Angleter » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:03 pm

I've changed my vote to Atheists, on the grounds that barely anybody ever spells their name right, and they are invariably misrepresented as 'Athiests'.
[align=center]"I gotta tell you, this is just crazy, huh! This is just nuts, OK! Jeezo man."

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:04 pm

Coccygia wrote:No it wasn't. Screw the Germans, they've been pushing people around for millenia.

They really haven't. Only since the 19th century.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General