NATION

PASSWORD

LGBT extremists shamelessly cause a scene at a Target store.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:28 am

Great Nepal wrote:
Haiz wrote:
Zephie wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:
op wrote:LGBT extremists shamelessly cause a scene at a Target store.

Um... do LGBTs have shame in first place?

Good question.

What does it matter? Maybe if groups werent so shameful and disorganized, we wouldnt be in this mess. Its not flaunching to uphold what you believe in. Its democracy.

There is huge difference between free speech and advertising against a company just cos they support someone against you, in a private property. For example say I dont like your ideology (what ever it is), does free speech give me right to go to your workplace and shout to fire you from your workplace?

:blink: So what they did was the same as shouting fire?

You might want to rethink that....
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Soheran
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Soheran » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:28 am

Political Pilgrims wrote:I think that all these homosexuals should stop spreading their message of hate against us heterosexuals.

Wait, what?

Does Target = heterosexuality now?

Vandengaarde
Minister

Founded: Jun 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vandengaarde » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:29 am

Unhealthy2 wrote:
Vandengaarde wrote:I realize it isn't profanity in a lot of places outside the U.S., but American English is quite odd in that way, where different words are on different levels of being rude than in other languages.

More that America is just extremely and irrationally puritanical.

I was going to say that but thought I might offend some PC advocate.
When debating me or discussing something with me, remember five things:
1. I'm not moderate.
2. I'm not fascist/a nazi.
3. I'm conservative on social issues and liberal on economic issues.
4. I won't bother looking for six million sources for you.
5. I'm not always serious!
Also, read this!: A story written by a friend.

Magical Mystery Tour!
I should probably be marrying British East Pacific right now, since I love her and all, but nooooo. >>
Signature husband of KatBoo and Zeth Rekia.

Zephie
Senator

Founded: Oct 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:29 am

Soheran wrote:
Political Pilgrims wrote:I think that all these homosexuals should stop spreading their message of hate against us heterosexuals.

Wait, what?

Heterosexuality is the default state of the human condition.
When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.
Senestrum wrote:I just can't think of anything to say that wouldn't get me warned on this net-nanny forum.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:30 am

Soheran wrote:

Wait, what?

I always thought target equaled metro-sexuality myself.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Rolling squid
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Rolling squid » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:30 am

Zephie wrote:
Soheran wrote:

Wait, what?

That doesn't answer the question.
Hammurab wrote:An athiest doesn't attend mass, go to confession, or know a lot about catholicism. So basically, an athiest is the same as a catholic.

Post-Unity Terra wrote:Golly gosh, one group of out-of-touch rich white guys is apparently more in touch with the average man than the other group of out-of-touch rich white guys.

Vandengaarde
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vandengaarde » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:30 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:
Haiz wrote:
Zephie wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:
op wrote:LGBT extremists shamelessly cause a scene at a Target store.

Um... do LGBTs have shame in first place?

Good question.

What does it matter? Maybe if groups werent so shameful and disorganized, we wouldnt be in this mess. Its not flaunching to uphold what you believe in. Its democracy.

There is huge difference between free speech and advertising against a company just cos they support someone against you, in a private property. For example say I dont like your ideology (what ever it is), does free speech give me right to go to your workplace and shout to fire you from your workplace?

:blink: So what they did was the same as shouting fire?

You might want to rethink that....

You read his post wrong. He said it was like going to your workplace and shouting at your boss to fire you.
1. I'm not moderate.

Magical Mystery Tour!
I should probably be marrying British East Pacific right now, since I love her and all, but nooooo. >>

Soheran
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Soheran » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:30 am

Zephie wrote:Heterosexuality is the default state of the human condition.

What on Earth does that questionable notion have to do with the absurd suggestion that protesting Target is somehow a hateful act toward straight people as such?

Skaladora
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Skaladora » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:30 am

Unhealthy2 wrote:
Vandengaarde wrote:I realize it isn't profanity in a lot of places outside the U.S., but American English is quite odd in that way, where different words are on different levels of being rude than in other languages.

Probably this, as far as I'm concerned.

10 grands for saying shit? Completely unreasonable. I think here you can get a 100$ fine tops for profanity. And profanity has to be, you know, real profanity, like telling the cops that they should shove their nightsticks up their back alley in no uncertain words, with choice seasoning of religious terms (in Québec swearing is done under a religious theme, not a sexual theme).

Sith Korriban
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sith Korriban » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:31 am

Zephie wrote:
Soheran wrote:

Wait, what?

Bullshit. The default state of the human condition isn't attracted to anything.
~Dark Lady of the Sith
"Sometimes you have to walk in darkness to bring the truth to light"
"So be angry about that! Hate! Rage! Despair! Allow yourself, just once, to stop playing the game of Jedi Knight, and admit what you have always known: you are alone, and you are great, and when the world strikes you it is better to strike back than turn your cheek." ―Dooku, to Yoda

Vandengaarde
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vandengaarde » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:31 am

Soheran wrote:
Vandengaarde wrote:I've seen some people here saying that the republican candidate for governor of Minnesota would stop Minnesotan gays from marrying, but there aren't many gays here and a lot of the population in the capital and Minneapolis is homophobic. There are annual nazi rallies there and not really any gay pride things. We've had a Republican governor for 8 years now, which just shows people here are ambivalent towards gay rights.

At this point Minnesota is probably not ripe for same-sex marriage, but "there aren't many gays here"?

Where do you live?

That's rather meaningless anyways because of the anti-gay attitude here. And there aren't statistics on if the gays here actually want same-sex marriage equivalent to heterosexual marriages.
1. I'm not moderate.

Magical Mystery Tour!

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:31 am

Zephie wrote:
Soheran wrote:

Wait, what?

And that means.....nothing.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:32 am

Skaladora wrote:
Unhealthy2 wrote:

10 grands for saying shit? Completely unreasonable. I think here you can get a 100$ fine tops for profanity. And profanity has to be, you know, real profanity, like telling the cops that they should shove their nightsticks up their back alley in no uncertain words, with choice seasoning of religious terms (in Québec swearing is done under a religious theme, not a sexual theme).

Telling a police officer to shove his night stick up his back alley is not profanity here.
and as long as your calm it isn't even disorderly conduct.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Skaladora
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaladora » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:32 am

Back that claim up or GTFO.

Zephie
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:32 am

Sith Korriban wrote:
Zephie wrote:
Soheran wrote:

Wait, what?

Source?
Skaladora wrote:

Back that claim up or GTFO.

It's called biology.
Last edited by Zephie on Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.
Senestrum wrote:I just can't think of anything to say that wouldn't get me warned on this net-nanny forum.

Skaladora
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaladora » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:33 am

greed and death wrote:
Skaladora wrote:
Unhealthy2 wrote:

Telling a police officer to shove his night stick up his back alley is not profanity here.

You guys are weird.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:34 am

Unhealthy2 wrote:

Their "legacy" still infects this land. Never understood why we admire the myth of those grave robbers.....

Political Pilgrims
Envoy

Founded: Nov 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Political Pilgrims » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:34 am

Wamitoria wrote:
Political Pilgrims wrote:"Target suports hate and discrimination"
"Target is full of shit"

I think that all these homosexuals should stop spreading their message of hate against us heterosexuals1. I mean, all we want to do is go on living our lives in peace without the oppressive LGBT hounding our every step!2

Anyway, sure, Target, a private company, has funded an anti-homosexual candidate. So if you're gay or lesbian, stop shopping there3. Why did they feel obligated to attack Target in this manner? I think I would personally find it less pigheaded if they had protested outside of the Target. Inside a private building, and with violent cutting remarks that do not logically support that didn't help support their position, is inappropriate4. The manager of that store would have been completely justified in removing them from the store5.

1. :rofl:
2. :rofl: :rofl:
3. I agree.
4. I didn't hear any any violent remarks.
5. Yes, he was justified.

4. I would describe angry profanity as verbal abuse and, therefore, violent. 'Shit' is considered profanity by most Americans, I'm certain, and saying that Target is "full of shit" is a profane and angry statement that does not make me support them and, in fact, shows everyone what they really are: angry, profane, violent, foolish, brash, etc..
Economic Left/Right: 2.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.05

Sith Korriban
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sith Korriban » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:34 am

Zephie wrote:
Sith Korriban wrote:
Zephie wrote:
Soheran wrote:

Wait, what?

Source?

... *facepalm*

The default state of the human condition is what it reverts to if left alone with no interference of any kind. And corpses ain't very attracted to things, I've heard. ;)
~Dark Lady of the Sith
"Sometimes you have to walk in darkness to bring the truth to light"
"So be angry about that! Hate! Rage! Despair! Allow yourself, just once, to stop playing the game of Jedi Knight, and admit what you have always known: you are alone, and you are great, and when the world strikes you it is better to strike back than turn your cheek." ―Dooku, to Yoda

Skaladora
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaladora » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:34 am

Zephie wrote:It's called biology.

Please, be so kind as point out which part of biology backs your ridiculous claim. I can't seem to find it in the wiki article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology

Zephie
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:35 am

Sith Korriban wrote:
Zephie wrote:
Sith Korriban wrote:
Zephie wrote:
Soheran wrote:

Wait, what?

Source?

... *facepalm*

The default state of the human condition is what it reverts to if left alone with no interference of any kind. And corpses ain't very attracted to things, I've heard. ;)

What in the world are you talking about?

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:35 am

Political Pilgrims wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:
Political Pilgrims wrote:"Target suports hate and discrimination"
"Target is full of shit"

I think that all these homosexuals should stop spreading their message of hate against us heterosexuals1. I mean, all we want to do is go on living our lives in peace without the oppressive LGBT hounding our every step!2

Anyway, sure, Target, a private company, has funded an anti-homosexual candidate. So if you're gay or lesbian, stop shopping there3. Why did they feel obligated to attack Target in this manner? I think I would personally find it less pigheaded if they had protested outside of the Target. Inside a private building, and with violent cutting remarks that do not logically support that didn't help support their position, is inappropriate4. The manager of that store would have been completely justified in removing them from the store5.

1. :rofl:
2. :rofl: :rofl:
3. I agree.
4. I didn't hear any any violent remarks.
5. Yes, he was justified.

4. I would describe angry profanity as verbal abuse and, therefore, violent. 'Shit' is considered profanity by most Americans, I'm certain, and saying that Target is "full of shit" is a profane and angry statement that does not make me support them and, in fact, shows everyone what they really are: angry, profane, violent, foolish, brash, etc..

Full of shit =/= violent hate speech.
Wonder where all the good posters went? Look no further!

Hurry, before the Summer Nazis show up again!

Zephie
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:35 am

Skaladora wrote:

Please, be so kind as point out which part of biology backs your ridiculous claim. I can't seem to find it in the wiki article.

Wikipedia isn't a replacement for going to school.

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:36 am

Zephie wrote:
Skaladora wrote:

Wikipedia isn't a replacement for going to school.

I don't remember talking about sexual orientations in Biology class...
Wonder where all the good posters went? Look no further!

Hurry, before the Summer Nazis show up again!

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:36 am

Skaladora wrote:
greed and death wrote:
Skaladora wrote:
Unhealthy2 wrote:

You guys are weird.

You can say whatever you want here just do not use profane words.
Barack Obama

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General