NATION

PASSWORD

LGBT extremists shamelessly cause a scene at a Target store.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:56 pm

Dododecapod wrote:
Wa no Kuni wrote:Well, it seems that the minority has the right to harrass the majority.

ABSOLUTELY! It's called free speech.

But only in public or with the permission of the private holders
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

Zephie
Senator

Founded: Oct 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:56 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Zephie wrote:
Haiz wrote:The AFA does the same thing.

So? Does that justify the LGBT people being obnoxious, yelling profanities at shoppers in a store, saying they are fueling hatred and discrimination?

So your point is that people should just behave better, stage their protests in a polite, civilized fashion, preferably far away from the people or organization they are protesting against, so as not to disturb anyone?

To be taken seriously. If you were neutral on the issue and a bunch of gay people starting yelling profanities and acting downright immature and annoying, would you support them?
When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.
Senestrum wrote:I just can't think of anything to say that wouldn't get me warned on this net-nanny forum.

Gun Manufacturers
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 23, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gun Manufacturers » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:58 pm

Dododecapod wrote:
Zephie wrote:

So? Does that justify the LGBT people being obnoxious, yelling profanities at shoppers in a store, saying they are fueling hatred and discrimination?

No, the first Amendment does that.

Maybe on public property, but Target is private property.
Gun control is like trying to solve drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to own cars.

Any accident you can walk away from is one I can laugh at.

DOJ's interpretation of the 2nd Amendment: http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/fi ... -p0126.pdf

Natapoc wrote:...You should post more in here so I don't seem like the extremist...

Auraelius wrote:If you take the the TITANIC, and remove the letters T, T, and one of the I's, and add the letters C,O,S,P,R, and Y you get CONSPIRACY. oOooOooooOOOooooOOOOOOoooooooo

Maineiacs wrote:Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and get drunk all day.

Luw wrote:Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

Dododecapod
Minister

Founded: Nov 02, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Dododecapod » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:58 pm

Blouman Empire wrote:
Dododecapod wrote:
Wa no Kuni wrote:Well, it seems that the minority has the right to harrass the majority.

ABSOLUTELY! It's called free speech.

But only in public or with the permission of the private holders

Nope. As I said before, provided you're willing to move on when asked, or to be arrested, privately-owned publically accessible areas are fair game.
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Wa no Kuni
Envoy

Founded: Apr 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wa no Kuni » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:58 pm

Zephie wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:
Zephie wrote:

So your point is that people should just behave better, stage their protests in a polite, civilized fashion, preferably far away from the people or organization they are protesting against, so as not to disturb anyone?

To be taken seriously. If you were neutral on the issue and a bunch of gay people starting yelling profanities and acting downright immature and annoying, would you support them?

Exactly! I was neutral on gay marriage, but after this, I am less likely to support it after these douchebags....

Sathoran
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sathoran » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:59 pm

You just need a good hard fuckin', Zephie. Take a big gay cock and enjoy self-loving your self-loathing gay self.

Zephie
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:59 pm

Sathoran wrote:You just need a good hard fuckin', Zephie. Take a big gay cock and enjoy self-loving your self-loathing gay self.

Thanks for the offer, but I must decline.
When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.
Senestrum wrote:I just can't think of anything to say that wouldn't get me warned on this net-nanny forum.

Dododecapod
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dododecapod » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:59 pm

Gun Manufacturers wrote:
Dododecapod wrote:
Zephie wrote:

Which is open to public access. They can withdraw your right to be there, but they can't force you to shut up.
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Wa no Kuni
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Wa no Kuni » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:00 pm

Sathoran wrote:You just need a good hard fuckin', Zephie. Take a big gay cock and enjoy self-loving your self-loathing gay self.

And of course you had to go to insulting.....

Makes you feel like a big boy, doesn't it?

Haiz
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Haiz » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:00 pm

Gun Manufacturers wrote:
Dododecapod wrote:
Zephie wrote:

Its their first amendment right to peacefully assemble. They did not destroy anything, and the store could request that they move or leave.
The Queendom of Haiz
under the reign of Her Majesty,Queen Haiz II
Send Haiz a TG
Haiz! So you want some info on Haiz? First, start out with the term.
NS Sidebar
Haiz Embassies
Haiz- An Everything but MT Nation!
Facts about Homo sapiens haiz
0 Military
552.778921001 grams of antimatter produced.
60 anti-elements found from periodic table.
17.899102556 years of time variation traveled.
Haiz Encyclopedia
Cabra West on what to give up during Lent:
I'm giving up abstinence, and moderation. It'll be difficult, but I hope to spend much of lent in sexual ecstasy, only interrupted by eating chocolate and drinking.
http://thames-rohan.myminicity.com/

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:00 pm

Sith Korriban wrote:
Gun Manufacturers wrote:Personally, I'd consider the repeated shouting of slogans by the person with the bullhorn harassment, if I was attempting to shop in that area of the store.

It's less annoying than horrendous shrieking children, and you don't see those being banned.

They are complained about.

But I do like the childish sentiment behind your post "If he doesn't have to then I don't either waaaaaahhhhhh"
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

Sathoran
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sathoran » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:00 pm

Zephie wrote:

Thanks for the offer, but I must decline.

Not an offer, a recommendation. A big, obnoxious, rude, free-speech exercising gay cock.
Last edited by Sathoran on Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zephie
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:00 pm

Wa no Kuni wrote:
Zephie wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:
Zephie wrote:

Exactly! I was neutral on gay marriage, but after this, I am less likely to support it after these douchebags....

The right way to go about it is to convince people that it is the right thing to do, not tell them they are hatred fueling discriminatory bigots by not supporting gays.

Sathoran
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sathoran » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:01 pm

Wa no Kuni wrote:

There are no insults in that sentence.

Tungookska
Minister

Founded: Jan 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Tungookska » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:01 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Tungookska wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:
The Bleeding Roses wrote: WBC isn't a politically conservative organization... They hate everyone equally.

Yes, they do have that distinction.

source

Mod edit: You know you're not supposed to link to those..

i must have missed the part where they say they hate everyone
Last edited by NERVUN on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:02 pm

Sathoran wrote:
Wa no Kuni wrote:

Perhaps not but you aren't helping, either. Not that either Zephie or Wa is going to change his mind.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:02 pm

Fact: businesses are likely to back candidates with their economic interests in mind. Social issues like LGBT rights are a distant, distant second and nobody should be surprised if they really don't give a shit about the issue.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Dododecapod
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dododecapod » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:02 pm

Zephie wrote:
Wa no Kuni wrote:
Zephie wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:
Zephie wrote:

The right way to go about it is to convince people that it is the right thing to do, not tell them they are hatred fueling discriminatory bigots by not supporting gays.

It's working on people's shame and guilt. Good propaganda, provided your target feels that way (and most people in the West do).

Tungookska
Minister

Founded: Jan 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Tungookska » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:02 pm

Sathoran wrote:
Wa no Kuni wrote:
Sathoran wrote: You just need a good hard fuckin', Zephie. Take a big gay cock and enjoy self-loving your self-loathing gay self.

i highlighted the insults in red

Zephie
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:03 pm

Sathoran wrote:
Wa no Kuni wrote:

Your words really strengthen my gays being obnoxious argument. I thank you.

Soheran
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Soheran » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:03 pm

Wa no Kuni wrote:Exactly! I was neutral on gay marriage, but after this, I am less likely to support it after these douchebags....

I know this is supposed to make me annoyed at the counterproductiveness of the protesters or something, but, actually, it just makes me astonished at the silliness of this reasoning.

What on Earth does this have to do with the merits of same-sex marriage?

Sathoran
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sathoran » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:03 pm

Tungookska wrote:
Sathoran wrote:
Wa no Kuni wrote:
Sathoran wrote: You just need a good hard fuckin', Zephie. Take a big gay cock and enjoy self-loving your self-loathing gay self.

i highlighted the insults in red

Those are not insults. Please try again.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:03 pm

Tungookska wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:
Tungookska wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:
The Bleeding Roses wrote: WBC isn't a politically conservative organization... They hate everyone equally.

Yes, they do have that distinction.

source

Mod edit: You know you're not supposed to link to those..

i must have missed the part where they say they hate everyone

:roll: "God Hates The World" on their home page is a good place to start. But you just like typing the word "source," it's part of your schtick.
Last edited by NERVUN on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Wa no Kuni
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Wa no Kuni » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:04 pm

Dododecapod wrote:
Zephie wrote:
Wa no Kuni wrote:
Zephie wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:
Zephie wrote:

It's working on people's shame and guilt. Good propaganda, provided your target feels that way (and most people in the West do).

So, I'm supposed to have shame to shop at Target now because they supported an anti-gay candidate. Because of it, I am now going to shop more at Target. Not going to feel any shame and guilt.

Zephie
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:04 pm

Vetalia wrote:Fact: businesses are likely to back candidates with their economic interests in mind. Social issues like LGBT rights are a distant, distant second and nobody should be surprised if they really don't give a shit about the issue.

Exactly. Is target promoting that candidate because of legislation he would support that benefits target? Most likely. Is target promoting him because he is anti-gay? Doubtful.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General