NATION

PASSWORD

LGBT extremists shamelessly cause a scene at a Target store.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tubbsalot
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tubbsalot » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:42 pm

Zephie wrote:
Tubbsalot wrote:What a crock of shit. "Ahh, these damn Jews are protesting about a million-dollar donation to a Nazi organisation! When will they learn that they don't deserve any special treatment? Those bigoted fuckers."

If people were talking against homosexuals, you would most likely agree they should be arrested. Free speech comes with the tolerance of others.

If people were talking against whites, you would most likely agree they should be tortured and then executed.

See? I can pull crap out of thin air as well! Wow, this is so much easier than actually reading what the other guy said!

For the record, I am wholly dedicated to free speech, and to tolerance of others.
"Twats love flags." - Yootopia

Zephie
Senator

Founded: Oct 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:42 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Wa no Kuni wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:
Wa no Kuni wrote:
Dododecapod wrote:
Wa no Kuni wrote:Well, it seems that the minority has the right to harrass the majority.

ABSOLUTELY! It's called free speech.

Yeah, you would be saying that if it was conservatives protesting anti-gay marriage. :roll:

Yep, sure would.

Great work! You obviously picked the most radical thing you could think of. :roll:

The WBC is a conservative Christian organization that regularly goes about protesting against homosexuals. What's the problem? I don't like them but they do have the right to do that.

They aren't going into target stores yelling profanities.
When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.
Senestrum wrote:I just can't think of anything to say that wouldn't get me warned on this net-nanny forum.

Dododecapod
Minister

Founded: Nov 02, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Dododecapod » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:42 pm

Zephie wrote:
Tubbsalot wrote:
Zephie wrote:They call target bigoted, but in the description, the videomaker writes "Call Target CEO Gregg Steinhafel at 612-696-6234 and DEMAND they get the $150,000 back or donate $150,000 to queer youth or transgender services!"
That sounds bigoted to me, them supporting the special treatment of LGBT.

What a crock of shit. "Ahh, these damn Jews are protesting about a million-dollar donation to a Nazi organisation! When will they learn that they don't deserve any special treatment? Those bigoted fuckers."

If people were talking against homosexuals, you would most likely agree they should be arrested. Free speech comes with the tolerance of others.

BULLSHIT. There is no right to not be offended.
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Zephie
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:43 pm

Tubbsalot wrote:
Zephie wrote:
Tubbsalot wrote:What a crock of shit. "Ahh, these damn Jews are protesting about a million-dollar donation to a Nazi organisation! When will they learn that they don't deserve any special treatment? Those bigoted fuckers."

If people were talking against whites, you would most likely agree they should be tortured and then executed.

See? I can pull crap out of thin air as well! Wow, this is so much easier than actually reading what the other guy said!

For the record, I am wholly dedicated to free speech, and to tolerance of others.

No, because I am not as hateful as the LGBT group that was protesting at that target store. I would simply call the police and have them removed, then ban them from shopping there.
When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.
Senestrum wrote:I just can't think of anything to say that wouldn't get me warned on this net-nanny forum.

Dododecapod
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dododecapod » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:44 pm

Wa no Kuni wrote:OP, you are not going to be able to win. The people in here are so liberal that they are conservative. They come in droves, and you will be overwhelmed. ;)

Yep. Far too many people here believe in things like constitutional rights and equal treatment before the law. Fine, traditional conservatism.
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Gahaldu
Envoy

Founded: Dec 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gahaldu » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:45 pm

Zephie wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:
Wa no Kuni wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:
Wa no Kuni wrote:
Dododecapod wrote:
Wa no Kuni wrote:Well, it seems that the minority has the right to harrass the majority.

Yeah, you would be saying that if it was conservatives protesting anti-gay marriage. :roll:

Yep, sure would.

Great work! You obviously picked the most radical thing you could think of. :roll:

The WBC is a conservative Christian organization that regularly goes about protesting against homosexuals. What's the problem? I don't like them but they do have the right to do that.

No, they picket the funerals of dead soldiers.
Economic Left/Right: 0.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.00

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:45 pm

Zephie wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:
Wa no Kuni wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:
Wa no Kuni wrote:
Dododecapod wrote:

Yep, sure would.

True, but Wa no Kuni said nothing about that. We can argue over tactics - well, you can, I won't - but it's essentially the same thing. The WBC has every right to do what they do. The protesters at Target do, too. If either group breaks the law, they suffer the penalties. I haven't noticed you starting any threads chiding the WBC for waving signs saying "God Hates Fags." If you love liberty and the law so much, I wish you would.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Founded: May 08, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:46 pm

Zephie wrote:
Tubbsalot wrote:
Zephie wrote:

No, because I am not as hateful as the LGBT group that was protesting at that target store. I would simply call the police and have them removed, then ban them from shopping there.

How was the LGBT group being hateful? :eyebrow:

The Bleeding Roses
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby The Bleeding Roses » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:46 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Zephie wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:
Wa no Kuni wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:
Wa no Kuni wrote:
Dododecapod wrote:

Yep, sure would.

True, but Wa no Kuni said nothing about that. We can argue over tactics - well, you can, I won't - but it's essentially the same thing. The WBC has every right to do what they do. The protesters at Target do, too. If either group breaks the law, they suffer the penalties. I haven't noticed you starting any threads chiding the WBC for waving signs saying "God Hates Fags." If you love liberty and the law so much, I wish you would.

WBC isn't a politically conservative organization... They hate everyone equally.
The Parthenese Confederation
Parthenon
Intergallactic Hell
The Bleeding Roses
West Parthenon
Former GDODAD/Metus Member

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:47 pm

The Bleeding Roses wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:
Zephie wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:
Wa no Kuni wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:
Wa no Kuni wrote:
Dododecapod wrote:

Yep, sure would.

WBC isn't a politically conservative organization... They hate everyone equally.

Yes, they do have that distinction.
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Haiz
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Haiz » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:49 pm

The AFA does the same thing.
The Queendom of Haiz
under the reign of Her Majesty,Queen Haiz II
Send Haiz a TG
Haiz! So you want some info on Haiz? First, start out with the term.
NS Sidebar
Haiz Embassies
Haiz- An Everything but MT Nation!
Facts about Homo sapiens haiz
0 Military
552.778921001 grams of antimatter produced.
60 anti-elements found from periodic table.
17.899102556 years of time variation traveled.
Haiz Encyclopedia
Cabra West on what to give up during Lent:
I'm giving up abstinence, and moderation. It'll be difficult, but I hope to spend much of lent in sexual ecstasy, only interrupted by eating chocolate and drinking.
http://thames-rohan.myminicity.com/

Tungookska
Minister

Founded: Jan 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Tungookska » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:49 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
The Bleeding Roses wrote: WBC isn't a politically conservative organization... They hate everyone equally.

source

Tubbsalot
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tubbsalot » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:49 pm

Zephie wrote:
Tubbsalot wrote:
Zephie wrote:If people were talking against homosexuals, you would most likely agree they should be arrested. Free speech comes with the tolerance of others.

I can't tell whether you're failing to read past the first line intentionally or not.
"Twats love flags." - Yootopia

Rolling squid
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Rolling squid » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:50 pm

Zephie wrote:
Tubbsalot wrote:
Zephie wrote:

How, exactly, is the LGBT group being hateful? They saw a company giving money to a cause they opposed, so decided that they were not going to support that company, and try to get everyone to follow along.
Hammurab wrote:An athiest doesn't attend mass, go to confession, or know a lot about catholicism. So basically, an athiest is the same as a catholic.

Post-Unity Terra wrote:Golly gosh, one group of out-of-touch rich white guys is apparently more in touch with the average man than the other group of out-of-touch rich white guys.

Wa no Kuni
Envoy

Founded: Apr 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wa no Kuni » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:50 pm

Haiz wrote:The AFA does the same thing.

What does AFA stand for? :unsure:

Haiz
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Haiz » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:50 pm

Tungookska wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:
The Bleeding Roses wrote: WBC isn't a politically conservative organization... They hate everyone equally.

source

Just general inference - Westboro has a rep with everyone.
The Queendom of Haiz
Send Haiz a TG
NS Sidebar
Haiz Embassies
0 Military
Haiz Encyclopedia
I'm giving up abstinence, and moderation. It'll be difficult, but I hope to spend much of lent in sexual ecstasy, only interrupted by eating chocolate and drinking.

Dododecapod
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dododecapod » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:51 pm

Tungookska wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:

source

Er, everything they've ever done..?

Check their WIki entry. They're Elect Christians who believe everyone else is going straight to hell.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:51 pm

Tungookska wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:

source

Mod edit: You know you're not supposed to link to those.
Last edited by NERVUN on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zephie
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:51 pm

So? Does that justify the LGBT people being obnoxious, yelling profanities at shoppers in a store, saying they are fueling hatred and discrimination?

Dododecapod
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dododecapod » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:53 pm

Zephie wrote:

So? Does that justify the LGBT people being obnoxious, yelling profanities at shoppers in a store, saying they are fueling hatred and discrimination?

No, the first Amendment does that.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:53 pm

Zephie wrote:

So your point is that people should just behave better, stage their protests in a polite, civilized fashion, preferably far away from the people or organization they are protesting against, so as not to disturb anyone?

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:53 pm

I support gay rights, but I think it's a misguided way to protest.
However, do not bring up that ludicrous idea that equal marriage & adoption rights are "special rights".
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

Gun Manufacturers
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 23, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gun Manufacturers » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:54 pm

Wilgrove wrote:
Gun Manufacturers wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:
Tungookska wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:
Gun Manufacturers wrote:Harassing shoppers, handing out soliciting material, causing a disturbance, and filming people against their wishes: Why weren't these people arrested?

Because it was a protest.

doing illegal things is ok when youre protesting?

What did they do illegal?

Harassing customers, causing a public disturbance, soliciting on private property (against the will of the company), and video taping someone without consent all sound like a good place to start.

I didn't see the customer being harrassed, no more harassed than I am whenever I'm asked if I want to try a free sample or be given a flier or coupon. The rest, yea I can see that being illegal.

Personally, I'd consider the repeated shouting of slogans by the person with the bullhorn harassment, if I was attempting to shop in that area of the store.
Gun control is like trying to solve drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to own cars.

Any accident you can walk away from is one I can laugh at.

DOJ's interpretation of the 2nd Amendment: http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/fi ... -p0126.pdf

Natapoc wrote:...You should post more in here so I don't seem like the extremist...

Auraelius wrote:If you take the the TITANIC, and remove the letters T, T, and one of the I's, and add the letters C,O,S,P,R, and Y you get CONSPIRACY. oOooOooooOOOooooOOOOOOoooooooo

Maineiacs wrote:Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and get drunk all day.

Luw wrote:Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

Haiz
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Haiz » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:55 pm

Zephie wrote:

No. But it doesnt do well for the argument that these are extremists that in particular need sorting out.

If a Target funded, say, the WTC Mosque, there would be a hell of backlash, but when its LGBT "extremists" protesting a supposed anti-LGBT group, its flaunching and them wanting "special treatment".

There are probably better ways that they could have gone about protesting, but the fundamentals remain the same - They just rather took them a little to far in protesting.
Last edited by Haiz on Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Queendom of Haiz
Send Haiz a TG
NS Sidebar
Haiz Embassies
0 Military
Haiz Encyclopedia

Sith Korriban
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sith Korriban » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:56 pm

Gun Manufacturers wrote:Personally, I'd consider the repeated shouting of slogans by the person with the bullhorn harassment, if I was attempting to shop in that area of the store.

It's less annoying than horrendous shrieking children, and you don't see those being banned.
~Dark Lady of the Sith
"Sometimes you have to walk in darkness to bring the truth to light"
"So be angry about that! Hate! Rage! Despair! Allow yourself, just once, to stop playing the game of Jedi Knight, and admit what you have always known: you are alone, and you are great, and when the world strikes you it is better to strike back than turn your cheek." ―Dooku, to Yoda

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General