NATION

PASSWORD

The human body is overrated.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:13 am

DaWoad wrote:
Mad hatters in jeans wrote:
DaWoad wrote:
Norstal wrote:
The Answer Is 42 wrote:So is humanity as a species...

Clearly, someone hadn't had sex before :roll:

Going out on a limb here but i think someone could become disillusioned by humanity and had sex previously.

Not recently!
[serious]
it's true, happens all the time and, while sad, is also understandable[/serious]
sex heals all

do you mean what i think you mean or do you mean what i think you don't mean to mean if i thought that?

Why is a raven like a desk?

hmm that's almost as hard to answer as "why is a raven like a writing desk".
tbh both of these confuse me.

Nobel Hobos
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:45 am

DaWoad wrote:
DaWoad wrote:
Norstal wrote:

Going out on a limb here but i think someone could become disillusioned by humanity and had sex previously.

Not recently!
[serious]
it's true, happens all the time and, while sad, is also understandable[/serious]
sex heals all

do you mean what i think you mean or do you mean what i think you don't mean to mean if i thought that?

There is no shame in that.
In fact, you should be proud to remain perplexed by it, when two minutes on google could solve the conundrum for you.
Proudly, I still don't know.
I'm guessing: Ravens and Writing Desks both plague the poor soul who feels obliged to mark down what they think and feel.
That poor soul! There but for the grace of NSG go you or I.
AKA & RIP BunnySaurus Bugsii, Lucky Bicycle Works, Mean Feat, Godforsaken Warmachine, Class Warhair, Pandarchy

I'm sure I was excited when I won and bummed when I lost, but none of that stuck. Cause I was a kid, and I was alternately stoked and bummed at pretty much any given time. -Cannot think of a name
Brown people are only scary to those whose only contribution to humanity is their white skin.Big Jim P
I am a Christian. Christianity is my Morality's base OS.DASHES
... when the Light on the Hill dims, there are Greener pastures.Ardchoille

Iniika
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Iniika » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:09 am

Weltmachtistan wrote:Yeah, when's the new model come out?

I left that note in God's complaint box; I haven't had a reply back yet. :(
"Sir, I admit your general rule, / That every poet is a fool; / But you yourself may serve to show it, / That every fool is not a poet."
— Alexander Pope
“He who knows one, knows none.”
- Max Muller
"The English language has rules for a reason. Abusing them doesn't make you a special snowflake; it makes you an idiot."
- Unknown

Tokos
Senator

Founded: Oct 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tokos » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:24 am

Poor eyesight might not matter NOW, but you can be sure it mattered in prehistory.

It actually doesn't matter that much (up to a point) if you are not trying to read something in the distance. I have my suspicion that people referred to in ancient times as "sharp-eyed" were basically those with 20/20 vision.
The Confederal Fasces of Tokos

Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.05

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:59 am

Conserative Morality wrote:So now it has to obtain the raw materials by itself? Does this mean that all stages leading up to reproduction for human beings must be achieved entirely on their own?

Um... The "raw materials" that go into making a baby come from what the mother eats while she's pregnant. So yeah, humans go out and get the raw materials. If more than one robot works on this, that's OK, but if they require any human help, then they're not up to our level.

We already know how to make a robot move it's appendages from point A to point B with remarkable precision, making it put together a few parts and type a few (billion) of code is hardly out of the reach of today's technology.

See above about gathering raw materials, etc. This is more complicated than anything current software can do.
Last edited by Nazi Flower Power on Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:13 am

Trollgaard wrote:
Natapoc wrote:
Trollgaard wrote:
I'm going to very blunt.

People who have to rely on technology to live should not be alive.

In modern civilization a very significant percent of the people would not be alive without technology.

I know. It'd do a bit to solve some of the world's problems, not a lot, but a bit.

@Dawoad

Its not silly at all.

Are we talking about people who need technology to support them on a daily basis, or just anyone whose life has ever been saved by modern medicine? Sometimes people get sick and just need to have it treated, but they are still useful people both before and after. Even some people who rely on technology to survive throughout their life make contributions to society that are more valuable than the cost of keeping them alive. Even in if I'm in Nazi Jackass Mode and don't want to save anyone just out of common decency, it still depends on who the person is and just how severe their medical problems are. What you said is silly.
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

Jagalonia
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jagalonia » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:17 pm

Great Nepal wrote:
Ryadn wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:Can the robot do this itself without human help?

It could probably be programmed to do so.

And who has to program it? Who has to start the program?

To be fair, a single person can't reproduce, either.

So? 2 hunman can reproduce without Windows 7's help but 2 windows 7 cant create third without human help.

Face it, humans are way superor to technology.Humans can think forthemselves, use commonsense and take evasive action - no technology can do it. If you put your finger in fire, you will pull your hand out of fire and put water on it Can any technology do it?

That's because we don't WANT technology to think for itself, You've seen all the robot rebellion stories.
Tokyoni wrote:Hitler's mustache looks weird. Adam Smith was a drunken fatass. There, I've just pwned fascism and capitalism by such "logic".
Edlichbury wrote:OOC: If Knootoss can claim alcohol is a biological weapon, I can claim sentient Milk-People.
Senestrum wrote:Russians took the maximum allowable missile performances from the ABM treaty as design goals.
lolz ensued
Ifreann wrote:
Computer Land wrote:I don't want someone hacking my fridge :meh:

fridge.setTempC(100);
sysout("I'm melting! I'm meeeeelting! Oh what a world, what world!");
I'm Amish...Problem?
Unsigable. >.>
I am a Magnificent Titan who likes to Devour Heroes
All tech.

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:54 pm

Nobel Hobos wrote:
DaWoad wrote:
DaWoad wrote:
Norstal wrote:

Not recently!
[serious]
sex heals all

There is no shame in that.
In fact, you should be proud to remain perplexed by it, when two minutes on google could solve the conundrum for you.
Proudly, I still don't know.
I'm guessing: Ravens and Writing Desks both plague the poor soul who feels obliged to mark down what they think and feel.
That poor soul! There but for the grace of NSG go you or I.

Oh i'ved looked on wiki for what it means, it seems there is no meaning meant to be there the whole idea is supposed to make people broaden their minds (so some people believe), but no one really knows.

I still think about it though. still confuses me. :p

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General