NATION

PASSWORD

The human body is overrated.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Wa no Kuni
Envoy

Founded: Apr 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wa no Kuni » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:36 pm

Well, I guess that I'll go get my Avatar suit ready.

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:04 pm

Jagalonia wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Jagalonia wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:we really don't have the technology to build a robot that does all the stuff humans can do

Honda has one out, so yes, we do, and the technology is completely replicatable.

It can give birth?

Clearly not, but the equipment can be replicated, and "offspring" can be created.

Can the robot do this itself without human help?
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:05 pm

Nazi Flower Power wrote:Can the robot do this itself without human help?

It could probably be programmed to do so.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:06 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:

Has it been?
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

Jagalonia
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jagalonia » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:08 pm

Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Jagalonia wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Jagalonia wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:we really don't have the technology to build a robot that does all the stuff humans can do

Honda has one out, so yes, we do, and the technology is completely replicatable.

It can give birth?

Clearly not, but the equipment can be replicated, and "offspring" can be created.

Can the robot do this itself without human help?

If it had the knowledge, yes it probably could.
Tokyoni wrote:Hitler's mustache looks weird. Adam Smith was a drunken fatass. There, I've just pwned fascism and capitalism by such "logic".
Edlichbury wrote:OOC: If Knootoss can claim alcohol is a biological weapon, I can claim sentient Milk-People.
Senestrum wrote:Russians took the maximum allowable missile performances from the ABM treaty as design goals.
lolz ensued
Ifreann wrote:
Computer Land wrote:I don't want someone hacking my fridge :meh:

fridge.setTempC(100);
sysout("I'm melting! I'm meeeeelting! Oh what a world, what world!");
I'm Amish...Problem?
Unsigable. >.>
I am a Magnificent Titan who likes to Devour Heroes
All tech.

Jagalonia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jagalonia » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:08 pm

Nazi Flower Power wrote:

Has it been?

No, but it could be.
Tokyoni wrote:Hitler's mustache looks weird. Adam Smith was a drunken fatass. There, I've just pwned fascism and capitalism by such "logic".
Edlichbury wrote:OOC: If Knootoss can claim alcohol is a biological weapon, I can claim sentient Milk-People.
Senestrum wrote:Russians took the maximum allowable missile performances from the ABM treaty as design goals.
lolz ensued
Ifreann wrote:

fridge.setTempC(100);
I'm Amish...Problem?
Unsigable. >.>
All tech.

Tergnitz
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tergnitz » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:16 pm

I'd rate the body of a human female very highly...

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:28 pm

Jagalonia wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:

Has it been?

No, but it could be.

If it hasn't been done, then it is not current technology. I only said that current technology could not do everything the human body can. I said nothing about the potential for the future.

Jagalonia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jagalonia » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:54 pm

Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Jagalonia wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:

Has it been?

No, but it could be.

If it hasn't been done, then it is not current technology. I only said that current technology could not do everything the human body can. I said nothing about the potential for the future.

It would only take about 10 mins to upload the software required, lol. We already have "robots" that manufacture things for us, so why would this be any different?
lolz ensued
Ifreann wrote:

fridge.setTempC(100);
I'm Amish...Problem?
Unsigable. >.>
All tech.

Jagalonia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jagalonia » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:55 pm

Tergnitz wrote:I'd rate the body of a human female very highly...

I'm sure she would do the same thing for you..... :rofl:
lolz ensued
Ifreann wrote:

fridge.setTempC(100);
I'm Amish...Problem?
Unsigable. >.>
All tech.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:55 pm

Nazi Flower Power wrote:If it hasn't been done, then it is not current technology. I only said that current technology could not do everything the human body can. I said nothing about the potential for the future.

Irrelevant, modern technology has the ability to program a robot to do such things. Your objection is akin to saying modern technology cannot launch me out of a catapult, as I have not been launched yet.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Jagalonia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jagalonia » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:57 pm

Nazi Flower Power wrote:If it hasn't been done, then it is not current technology. I only said that current technology could not do everything the human body can. I said nothing about the potential for the future.

Irrelevant, modern technology has the ability to program a robot to do such things. Your objection is akin to saying modern technology cannot launch me out of a catapult, as I have not been launched yet.

But we could still launch you.......Would you like to be launched? xD
lolz ensued
Ifreann wrote:

fridge.setTempC(100);
I'm Amish...Problem?
Unsigable. >.>
All tech.

Tmutarakhan
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 06, 2007
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tmutarakhan » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:02 pm

Jagalonia wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Jagalonia wrote:

It can give birth?

Nice use of passive voice there. What you are obscuring is that the robot, contrary to the claim that it can "do" all this stuff, cannot do any of it; humans have to do for it.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel, a comedy to those who think, and a musical to those who sing.

I am the very model of a Nation States General,
I am a holy terror to apologists Confederal,
When called upon to source a line, I give citations textual,
And argue about Palestine, and marriage homosexual!

A KNIGHT ON KARINZISTAN'S SPECIAL LIST OF POOPHEADS!

Jagalonia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jagalonia » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:05 pm

Tmutarakhan wrote:
Jagalonia wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Jagalonia wrote:

It can give birth?

Nice use of passive voice there. What you are obscuring is that the robot, contrary to the claim that it can "do" all this stuff, cannot do any of it; humans have to do for it.

Naw, its actualy roaming around Canada right now lol. All on its own...I'm so proud :')
lolz ensued
Ifreann wrote:

fridge.setTempC(100);
I'm Amish...Problem?
Unsigable. >.>
All tech.

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:07 pm

But people have made catapults and launched stuff, even if it wasn't you. I'm sure someone has launched a person before.

I'm pretty sure they haven't made a robot that can do everything a human being can, or written software that would tell a robot how to build a copy of itself without human help. Even the most heavily automated factories still require humans to maintain the machinery and find and bring in the raw materials. Writing software to tell a robot how to do that is much more complex and requires a lot more innovative thinking than placing you into a catapult and firing it.

In a way the line between what current technology can do and what is possible in general is a little blurry because obviously we can use current technology to train people to be scientists and engineers who will invent the technology of the future. I'm talking about what people already know how to do without making any new innovations. We already know how to make and use a catapult, although getting you into it if you did not want to be launched could pose a small problem.

Jagalonia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jagalonia » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:10 pm

Are you kidding!? Tell a guy he'll get $1,000,000,000 if he survives then fling him into a wall xD

Catapult win.

Anyways, lol, It is entirely possible to do it without "innovations", writing a new file or program wouldn't nessicarily be an innovation, it would just be new software, which has become annoyingly normal in this society ><
Last edited by Jagalonia on Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lolz ensued
Ifreann wrote:

fridge.setTempC(100);
I'm Amish...Problem?
Unsigable. >.>
All tech.

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:11 pm

Jagalonia wrote:Are you kidding!? Tell a guy he'll get $1,000,000,000 if he survives then fling him into a wall xD

Catapult win.

Ooohhh... Me first!

Jagalonia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jagalonia » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:12 pm

Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Jagalonia wrote:Are you kidding!? Tell a guy he'll get $1,000,000,000 if he survives then fling him into a wall xD

Catapult win.

Ooohhh... Me first!

lolz ensued
Ifreann wrote:

fridge.setTempC(100);
I'm Amish...Problem?
Unsigable. >.>
All tech.

Jagalonia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jagalonia » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:12 pm

Nazi Flower Power wrote:

Catapult win.

Ooohhh... Me first!

Just hop in!
Last edited by Jagalonia on Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lolz ensued
Ifreann wrote:

fridge.setTempC(100);
I'm Amish...Problem?
Unsigable. >.>
All tech.

Hayteria
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Hayteria » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:21 pm

Nazi Flower Power wrote:College students talk about sex more than they actually have it.

Fair enough, but does that really imply that they are virgins?

Nazi Flower Power wrote:Even if you haven't been able to figure things out yet, it is obvious that you have a lot of abstract philosophical stuff going on in your head, which doesn't mix well with casual sex.

What exactly is the contradiction though?

Nazi Flower Power wrote:I should clarify, when I say "less common than popular culture would have you believe" I am talking about the number of people who have casual sex, not the amount of it they have.

... so are you basically saying that fewer people have casual sex than "popular culture would have you believe" (how many is that exactly?) but that those people have about as much of it as "popular culture would have you believe"?

Ryadn
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:31 pm

Forget reproduction---Honda has a robot that can finish an Iron Man triathlon, bake a souffle, talk its way out of a speeding ticket and make love til the sun comes up?

Where the hell do you GET one?
"I hate you! I HATE you collectivist society. You can't tell me what to do, you're not my REAL legitimate government. As soon as my band takes off, and I invent a perpetual motion machine, I am SO out of here!" - Neo Art

"But please, explain how a condom breaking is TOTALLY different from a tire getting blown out. I mean, in one case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own, and in the other case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own." - The Norwegian Blue

Jagalonia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jagalonia » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:34 pm

Ryadn wrote:

Forget reproduction---Honda has a robot that can finish an Iron Man triathlon, bake a souffle, talk its way out of a speeding ticket and make love til the sun comes up?

They only MADE one. Probably for that specific reason xD

But the technology IS there.
lolz ensued
Ifreann wrote:

fridge.setTempC(100);
I'm Amish...Problem?
Unsigable. >.>
All tech.

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:35 pm

Jagalonia wrote:
Anyways, lol, It is entirely possible to do it without "innovations", writing a new file or program wouldn't nessicarily be an innovation, it would just be new software, which has become annoyingly normal in this society ><

If you wrote software that could tell a robot how to go out into the world and acquire the raw materials and build a new robot from scratch, that would be an innovation.

Jagalonia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jagalonia » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:37 pm

Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Jagalonia wrote:

If you wrote software that could tell a robot how to go out into the world and acquire the raw materials and build a new robot from scratch, that would be an innovation.

Alright, I need a computer geek to take it from here, my major is in business xD :rofl:
Last edited by Jagalonia on Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lolz ensued
Ifreann wrote:

fridge.setTempC(100);
I'm Amish...Problem?
Unsigable. >.>
All tech.

Ryadn
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:37 pm

Jagalonia wrote:
Ryadn wrote:

They only MADE one. Probably for that specific reason xD

But the technology IS there.

Hell, I'd be happy to see an example of just ONE robot baking a souffle.
"I hate you! I HATE you collectivist society. You can't tell me what to do, you're not my REAL legitimate government. As soon as my band takes off, and I invent a perpetual motion machine, I am SO out of here!" - Neo Art

"But please, explain how a condom breaking is TOTALLY different from a tire getting blown out. I mean, in one case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own, and in the other case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own." - The Norwegian Blue

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General