NATION

PASSWORD

Same-Sex Marriage, Polygamy, and Incest

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Your Opinion: Same-Sex Marriage, Polygamy, Incest.

SAME-SEX: Yes. (Support, toleration, legalization)
26%
SAME-SEX: No. (Support, toleration, legalization)
5%
SAME-SEX: Other (sometimes, under certain circumstances, rarely, with certain people, etc.)
2%
POLYGAMY: Yes. (Support, toleration, legalization)
17%
POLYGAMY: No. (Support, toleration, legalization)
10%
POLYGAMY: Other (sometimes, under certain circumstances, rarely, with certain people, etc.)
7%
INCEST: Yes. (Support, toleration, legalization)
8%
INCEST: No. (Support, toleration, legalization)
16%
INCEST: Other (sometimes, under certain circumstances, rarely, with certain people, etc.)
9%

Total votes : 604

Melkor Unchained
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Melkor Unchained » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:25 am

Gift-of-god wrote:
Loxen wrote:
Tubbsalot wrote:Same-sex marriage: we've been over this plenty of times, I'm all for it.

Polygamy: just a larger version of ordinary marriage. For it.

Incest: personally this one weirds me out, but that's no basis for the laws of society. For incestuous marriage, but I don't believe close family members should be allowed to reproduce together, due to the (admittedly only slightly higher) risk of genetic problems.

How about people with confirmed genetic defects which automatically carries higher risks to their children? Shouldn't them be banned from having kids if the same argument goes?

Gravedigging is frowned upon here.

And seems to be happening a lot lately :shock:
"I am the Elder King: Melkor, first and mightiest of the Valar, who was before the world, and made it. The shadow of my purpose lies upon Arda, and all that is in it bends slowly and surely to my will. But upon all whom you love my thought shall weigh as a cloud of Doom, and it shall bring them down into darkness and despair."

Previous

Return to General