NATION

PASSWORD

Germany, and much of the Euro Area laugh at the USA's growth

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
EvilDarkMagicians
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13456
Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby EvilDarkMagicians » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:45 am

Weathergeeks wrote: we are #1 b/c guys like you dont GET what makes America special.


You certainly can't defeat that logic. :roll:

User avatar
Greater Americania
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6313
Founded: Sep 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Americania » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:38 am

Glorious Homeland wrote:What's that America? A group of countries with large spending on universal healthcare and welfare policies are growing much faster economically post-recession than you? *dances*


What's that, Europe? Our GDP is still trillions above yours, and our military can still wipe each and every one of you out with overwhelming force? Haha, we're the ones who should be laughing.
Last edited by Greater Americania on Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Federal Republic of Greater Americania: “Liberty, Soveriegnty, Freedom!”
Original Founder of the Nationalist Union
Member of the Santiago Anti-Communist Treaty Organization

Nationalist Republic, governed by the National Republican Party
Economic Left/Right: 2.0, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 6.21
President: Austin Farley
Vice President: John Raimark
Secretary of State: Jason Lee
Secretary of Defense: Shane Tomlinson
Secretary of Federal Security: Ross Ferrell
-Chief of Interior Security Forces: General James Calley
Secretary of Territorial Administration: Brandon Terry
-Governor of Tlozuk: Jarod Harris
-Governor of Comaack: John Fargo
*Territories are foreign nations which have been annexed by the Federal Republic

User avatar
Lathuria
Diplomat
 
Posts: 984
Founded: Jun 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Lathuria » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:44 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
Glorious Homeland wrote:What's that America? A group of countries with large spending on universal healthcare and welfare policies are growing much faster economically post-recession than you? *dances*

What's that Europe? A group of supposedly 'progressive' countries experiencing massive xenophobia to the point of considering oppression of minorities?


That.
These countries can laugh all they want, but they have their problems that the USA has, and the USA is still doing better at solving them.
There is no need, anyway, to laugh at Americans as a whole (besides most of us being fucking retards when it comes to any type of reasoning that requires no bigotry), but there is a need to laugh at those who create the problem: The government.
The Corparation wrote:No. It could become popular among apple fanboys aka hipsters. As we all did NS "Before it was cool" It would turn us into hipsters. And I for one do not want to be a hipster.

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Here comes the mods in black...
Mods in black...
Internet defenders...

User avatar
Lokesland
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 4
Founded: Aug 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lokesland » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:44 am

Yeah you try so hard but still after 65 years you haven`t started a world war

User avatar
Lathuria
Diplomat
 
Posts: 984
Founded: Jun 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Lathuria » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:48 am

Weathergeeks wrote:we are #1 NOT becuase we are superior
we are #1 b/c guys like you dont GET what makes America special.

the Key point that you are missing here genuis.... is that it has been the actual political fiscal and economic policy of the USA since 1945 to ensure that other nations GROW and prosper even at the expense of the USA.

NO one with a brain denies that since 1945 the relative power of the USA in relation to any other major nation or the world as a whole has been in decline. That is by design.

a stronger Europe is a good thing b/c most europeans seem to love to got to war with each other.
a stronger stable Russia is a GOOD thing.
a stronger stable India is a Good thing.
etc etc

all of which is done at the expense --in terms of relative world power -- of the USA

But what your high school almost Moronic argument about the USA is just like the British Empire is well fucking absurd.

it was the POLICY of the Britain from 1815 to 1940 to SCREW everyone and anyone.

The British never ever practice REAL capitalism .... not like in the USA.
IN Britain you had to have the Right education right class right religion.

In the USA we have NEVER given a shit about WHO you are what your education is or where you come from.

Gates and Jobs back in the late 80s and 90s would have never gotten off the ground in the UK b/c they never went to or finished college.
Larry Page & Sergey Brin started Google in the USA.....
NOT in China or France or Germany or Russia or Brazil.

Back in the 1980s EVERY single foriegn policy expert asserted the USA was over and it was / is Now Japan's turn.



Glorious Homeland wrote:

Notice how not a single comment here from any American (unless call to power is, but I think he's british) has been even slightly accepting of the possibility that the USA is anything but #1? This proves my point given the figures cited across the board from both sides. In order for the USA to improve and transcend, it's people must break out of their delusional and egocentric mindset regarding their own supposed superiority. This is the only way they will do anything but fan the flames of their own destruction. But given how apparently any criticism of the USA equal to the intensity of the manifest destiny superiority crap often spouted is "trolling", well; clearly it won't be long before the USA is on a downward spiral. That was the same arrogance and ignorance that led to the weakening and collapse of the British empire. The elite got too cocky, too naive about the world around them, and so as it changed they failed to adapt and brought the system with them, to extinction.


:clap:
The Corparation wrote:No. It could become popular among apple fanboys aka hipsters. As we all did NS "Before it was cool" It would turn us into hipsters. And I for one do not want to be a hipster.

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Here comes the mods in black...
Mods in black...
Internet defenders...

User avatar
Lathuria
Diplomat
 
Posts: 984
Founded: Jun 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Lathuria » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:48 am

Lokesland wrote:Yeah you try so hard but still after 65 years you haven`t started a world war


I hope that isn't bragging.....
The Corparation wrote:No. It could become popular among apple fanboys aka hipsters. As we all did NS "Before it was cool" It would turn us into hipsters. And I for one do not want to be a hipster.

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Here comes the mods in black...
Mods in black...
Internet defenders...

User avatar
EvilDarkMagicians
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13456
Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby EvilDarkMagicians » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:59 am

Greater Americania wrote:
Glorious Homeland wrote:What's that America? A group of countries with large spending on universal healthcare and welfare policies are growing much faster economically post-recession than you? *dances*


What's that, Europe? Our GDP is still trillions above yours (even trillions above the EU as a whole), and our military can still wipe each and every one of you out with overwhelming force? Haha, we're the ones who should be laughing.


Oh stop it you.

No one is laughing at America, that's just a pretty little picture GH has portrayed to get you riled up.
Which he seems to have succeeded in.

Oh and can I have source for that GDP claim?
Last edited by EvilDarkMagicians on Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lokesland
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 4
Founded: Aug 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lokesland » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:02 am

Nope this topic is about economic not military growth/strenght so this
Greater Americania wrote:What's that, Europe? Our GDP is still trillions above yours (even trillions above the EU as a whole), and our military can still wipe each and every one of you out with overwhelming force? Haha, we're the ones who should be laughing.

is just a useless my country has the biggest army thing

User avatar
New Caldaris
Diplomat
 
Posts: 897
Founded: Jun 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Caldaris » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:10 am

Glorious Homeland wrote:
The Bleeding Roses wrote:They can grow at that rate for decades and not match the US economically...

The EU already is a greater economic force than the USA.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

IMF GDP estimates 2009
EU: 16.4trl USD
USA: 14.2trl USD

Given the enlargement of the EU into eastern Europe, strong growth can be expected in future years as well, and the growth we're seeing here is being led by Germany too. So, basically you're talking shit :P


I laugh my American ass off at the fact you have to compare an entire continent thats been developing for a couple thousand years to the USA which was founded less than 250 years ago.

User avatar
New Caldaris
Diplomat
 
Posts: 897
Founded: Jun 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Caldaris » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:13 am

Weathergeeks wrote:we are #1 NOT becuase we are superior
we are #1 b/c guys like you dont GET what makes America special.

the Key point that you are missing here genuis.... is that it has been the actual political fiscal and economic policy of the USA since 1945 to ensure that other nations GROW and prosper even at the expense of the USA.

NO one with a brain denies that since 1945 the relative power of the USA in relation to any other major nation or the world as a whole has been in decline. That is by design.

a stronger Europe is a good thing b/c most europeans seem to love to got to war with each other.
a stronger stable Russia is a GOOD thing.
a stronger stable India is a Good thing.
etc etc

all of which is done at the expense --in terms of relative world power -- of the USA

But what your high school almost Moronic argument about the USA is just like the British Empire is well fucking absurd.

it was the POLICY of the Britain from 1815 to 1940 to SCREW everyone and anyone.

The British never ever practice REAL capitalism .... not like in the USA.
IN Britain you had to have the Right education right class right religion.

In the USA we have NEVER given a shit about WHO you are what your education is or where you come from.

Gates and Jobs back in the late 80s and 90s would have never gotten off the ground in the UK b/c they never went to or finished college.
Larry Page & Sergey Brin started Google in the USA.....
NOT in China or France or Germany or Russia or Brazil.

Back in the 1980s EVERY single foriegn policy expert asserted the USA was over and it was / is Now Japan's turn.



Glorious Homeland wrote:

Notice how not a single comment here from any American (unless call to power is, but I think he's british) has been even slightly accepting of the possibility that the USA is anything but #1? This proves my point given the figures cited across the board from both sides. In order for the USA to improve and transcend, it's people must break out of their delusional and egocentric mindset regarding their own supposed superiority. This is the only way they will do anything but fan the flames of their own destruction. But given how apparently any criticism of the USA equal to the intensity of the manifest destiny superiority crap often spouted is "trolling", well; clearly it won't be long before the USA is on a downward spiral. That was the same arrogance and ignorance that led to the weakening and collapse of the British empire. The elite got too cocky, too naive about the world around them, and so as it changed they failed to adapt and brought the system with them, to extinction.


I <3 you.

User avatar
Sremski okrug
Minister
 
Posts: 3177
Founded: Jul 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sremski okrug » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 am

Weathergeeks wrote:we are #1 NOT becuase we are superior
we are #1 b/c guys like you dont GET what makes America special.

the Key point that you are missing here genuis.... is that it has been the actual political fiscal and economic policy of the USA since 1945 to ensure that other nations GROW and prosper even at the expense of the USA.

NO one with a brain denies that since 1945 the relative power of the USA in relation to any other major nation or the world as a whole has been in decline. That is by design.

a stronger Europe is a good thing b/c most europeans seem to love to got to war with each other.
a stronger stable Russia is a GOOD thing.
a stronger stable India is a Good thing.
etc etc

all of which is done at the expense --in terms of relative world power -- of the USA

But what your high school almost Moronic argument about the USA is just like the British Empire is well fucking absurd.

it was the POLICY of the Britain from 1815 to 1940 to SCREW everyone and anyone.

The British never ever practice REAL capitalism .... not like in the USA.
IN Britain you had to have the Right education right class right religion.

In the USA we have NEVER given a shit about WHO you are what your education is or where you come from.

Gates and Jobs back in the late 80s and 90s would have never gotten off the ground in the UK b/c they never went to or finished college.
Larry Page & Sergey Brin started Google in the USA.....
NOT in China or France or Germany or Russia or Brazil.

Back in the 1980s EVERY single foriegn policy expert asserted the USA was over and it was / is Now Japan's turn.



Glorious Homeland wrote:

Notice how not a single comment here from any American (unless call to power is, but I think he's british) has been even slightly accepting of the possibility that the USA is anything but #1? This proves my point given the figures cited across the board from both sides. In order for the USA to improve and transcend, it's people must break out of their delusional and egocentric mindset regarding their own supposed superiority. This is the only way they will do anything but fan the flames of their own destruction. But given how apparently any criticism of the USA equal to the intensity of the manifest destiny superiority crap often spouted is "trolling", well; clearly it won't be long before the USA is on a downward spiral. That was the same arrogance and ignorance that led to the weakening and collapse of the British empire. The elite got too cocky, too naive about the world around them, and so as it changed they failed to adapt and brought the system with them, to extinction.


Oh yes I remember the last war between European powers :rofl:
The British Empire was not the only super-power at its time, it had France and other countries to deal with on the diplomatic field and it did it quite well, the scew everyone you think Britain did never existed and the only reason America supported Europe and other countries after the second world war was because they wanted their support against the Soviet Union, just like America now wants support against the rise of China and the re-growth of Russia.

:clap:
IC: The Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia.
The IMF and World Bank are terrorist organizations.
"Our future destiny rests with us, sometimes this makes us afraid but then we remember we have Partisans blood and we know what we're here for. You can count on us" - Day of Youth
"We're Tito. Tito is Ours"

Druze Tito, Bela Lica
Tito, je naše sunce
Yugoslav culture
R.I.P Jovanka Broz

User avatar
Horsefish
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7402
Founded: Jun 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Horsefish » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:15 am

Weathergeeks wrote:we are #1 NOT becuase we are superior
we are #1 b/c guys like you dont GET what makes America special.

the Key point that you are missing here genuis.... is that it has been the actual political fiscal and economic policy of the USA since 1945 to ensure that other nations GROW and prosper even at the expense of the USA.

NO one with a brain denies that since 1945 the relative power of the USA in relation to any other major nation or the world as a whole has been in decline. That is by design.

a stronger Europe is a good thing b/c most europeans seem to love to got to war with each other.
a stronger stable Russia is a GOOD thing.
a stronger stable India is a Good thing.
etc etc

all of which is done at the expense --in terms of relative world power -- of the USA

But what your high school almost Moronic argument about the USA is just like the British Empire is well fucking absurd.

it was the POLICY of the Britain from 1815 to 1940 to SCREW everyone and anyone.

The British never ever practice REAL capitalism .... not like in the USA.
IN Britain you had to have the Right education right class right religion.

In the USA we have NEVER given a shit about WHO you are what your education is or where you come from.

Gates and Jobs back in the late 80s and 90s would have never gotten off the ground in the UK b/c they never went to or finished college.
Larry Page & Sergey Brin started Google in the USA.....
NOT in China or France or Germany or Russia or Brazil.

Back in the 1980s EVERY single foriegn policy expert asserted the USA was over and it was / is Now Japan's turn.



Glorious Homeland wrote:

Notice how not a single comment here from any American (unless call to power is, but I think he's british) has been even slightly accepting of the possibility that the USA is anything but #1? This proves my point given the figures cited across the board from both sides. In order for the USA to improve and transcend, it's people must break out of their delusional and egocentric mindset regarding their own supposed superiority. This is the only way they will do anything but fan the flames of their own destruction. But given how apparently any criticism of the USA equal to the intensity of the manifest destiny superiority crap often spouted is "trolling", well; clearly it won't be long before the USA is on a downward spiral. That was the same arrogance and ignorance that led to the weakening and collapse of the British empire. The elite got too cocky, too naive about the world around them, and so as it changed they failed to adapt and brought the system with them, to extinction.


So ALL americans don't care about your heritage or any background, economic class etc.?
The stereotype of all of britain being class orientated is old and outdated.

In Britain finishing uni isn't a neccessity to be successful. Please don't claim otherwise.
Areopagitican wrote:I'm not an expert in the field of moron, but what I think he's saying is that if you have to have sex with Shakira (or another dirty ethnic), at the very least, it must be part of a threesome with a white woman. It's a sacrifice, but someone has to make it.

Geniasis wrote:Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go bludgeon some whales to death with my 12-ft dick.

Georgism wrote:
Geniasis wrote:Maybe if you showered every now and then...

That's what the Nazis said, we're not falling for that one again.

The Western Reaches wrote:I learned that YOU are the reason I embarrassed myself by saying "Horsefish" instead of "Seahorse" this one time in school.

What's wrong with a little destruction?

User avatar
Birnadia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1598
Founded: Dec 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Birnadia » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:15 am

.
Last edited by Birnadia on Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]

User avatar
Glorious Homeland
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1973
Founded: Apr 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious Homeland » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:24 am

Although some individuals provided counter-points which tended to put to bed a few of my previous statements (conservative alliances, zoingo), which I admit in retrospect were more heat of the moment than substance for the most part; I think the one point of majority American arrogance still is true given the whiplash and types of messages left in response, since most are incapable of responding to a little humour (albeit not gone down well) without extreme bitterness/defensiveness.
I still however maintain that if the western EU states can manage socially progressive government spending and organisations and still be here 50 years after the inception of such plans, and going strong in some places more than others (Germany's example), then the reason for the USA to remain outside of the established world order regarding this (as the entire western world has such systems more comparable to Europe than the USA) seem nonsensical, and that implies the US system is inferior comparatively. Of course in marco-economics, and when regarding capitalism on the whole and the world economy, the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts, and so each part needs to be taken care of. Europe needs America as American needs Europe. That's undeniable.
Last edited by Glorious Homeland on Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Densocial
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 57
Founded: May 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Densocial » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:37 am

Greece Ireland and Spain still remain a huge problem for the economic progression of the eurozone and the euro as a currency. But as long as germany maintains record growth for the next few months things should settle down
NO TO LISBON

User avatar
Natapoc
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19864
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:39 am

I'm in Europe right now. I've not heard anyone laughing at the US economic growth rate. Perhaps I need to listen harder?
Did you see a ghost?

User avatar
City 9
Diplomat
 
Posts: 538
Founded: Jul 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby City 9 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:28 am

Natapoc wrote:I'm in Europe right now. I've not heard anyone laughing at the US economic growth rate. Perhaps I need to listen harder?

No, you needn´t, since there isn´t anyone laughing here. :)

This thread seems not to offend the USA, but casts a bad light on Europe!
" 'Why do you dislike Democracy' you may ask me. The answer is simple - I dislike any system where any unpopular, but necessary decisions can´t be done because of populism."
As you may imagine, City 9 is a colony of the Universal Union aka "The Combine".
Regarding the different freedoms: For this, I have to tell you something about the 'style' of the Universal Union. Most occupied races become mindless slaves and can make no decisions on their own. We can use them as workers, soldiers, just as we please and the only thing we have to do is keeping them alive, nothing else. Therefore: Low personal/political freedoms; Good industry represented by high economic freedoms
This nation is a part of the Universal Union(Combine).

User avatar
Qwcasd
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1930
Founded: Oct 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Qwcasd » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:40 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
The Corparation wrote:Probably not. Reasons: Arizona law, Protests against the Mosque/community center near ground-zero, that one pastor holding a burn the Quran event.

Protests /=/ Making laws

Shit, there have been NAZI protests here, doesn't say a thing about how the country is, except that we have some crazies.
GDP
Fan Boy of:RFK
Also a Big Fan of This:The Great Society
Wiki
The Four Freedoms
Freedom of Expression
Freedom of Worship
Freedom from Want
Freedom from Fear
American Liberal, And Proud!
The world must be made safe for democracy.
When asked if he believed in the right to bear arms: "No, I believe in the right to arm bears."
"One of the greatest casualties of the war in Vietnam is the Great Society... shot down on the battlefield of Vietnam."
Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Everyman A King, but No One Wears a Crown"
"Whoever seeks to set one religion against another seeks to destroy all religion."
Franklin D. Roosevelt
"Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me." Mathew 25:4

User avatar
Qwcasd
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1930
Founded: Oct 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Qwcasd » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:44 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
Glorious Homeland wrote:What's that America? A group of countries with large spending on universal healthcare and welfare policies are growing much faster economically post-recession than you? *dances*

What's that Europe? A group of supposedly 'progressive' countries experiencing massive xenophobia to the point of considering oppression of minorities?

Meh, we haven't legalized civil unions or gay marriage yet.
GDP
Fan Boy of:RFK
Also a Big Fan of This:The Great Society
Wiki
The Four Freedoms
Freedom of Expression
Freedom of Worship
Freedom from Want
Freedom from Fear
American Liberal, And Proud!
The world must be made safe for democracy.
When asked if he believed in the right to bear arms: "No, I believe in the right to arm bears."
"One of the greatest casualties of the war in Vietnam is the Great Society... shot down on the battlefield of Vietnam."
Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Everyman A King, but No One Wears a Crown"
"Whoever seeks to set one religion against another seeks to destroy all religion."
Franklin D. Roosevelt
"Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me." Mathew 25:4

User avatar
EvilDarkMagicians
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13456
Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby EvilDarkMagicians » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:48 am

City 9 wrote:
Natapoc wrote:I'm in Europe right now. I've not heard anyone laughing at the US economic growth rate. Perhaps I need to listen harder?

No, you needn´t, since there isn´t anyone laughing here. :)

This thread seems not to offend the USA, but casts a bad light on Europe!


So....One poster = Whole of Europe.

Nice to know.

User avatar
City 9
Diplomat
 
Posts: 538
Founded: Jul 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby City 9 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:54 am

EvilDarkMagicians wrote:
City 9 wrote:
Natapoc wrote:I'm in Europe right now. I've not heard anyone laughing at the US economic growth rate. Perhaps I need to listen harder?

No, you needn´t, since there isn´t anyone laughing here. :)

This thread seems not to offend the USA, but casts a bad light on Europe!


So....One poster = Whole of Europe.

Nice to know.

Hm, we´re at least two in this thread.

However, they´re surely some idiots laughing about the USA, but most people I see everyday seem not to be happy about "Europe´s economical superiority and laughing therefore about the USA".
" 'Why do you dislike Democracy' you may ask me. The answer is simple - I dislike any system where any unpopular, but necessary decisions can´t be done because of populism."
As you may imagine, City 9 is a colony of the Universal Union aka "The Combine".
Regarding the different freedoms: For this, I have to tell you something about the 'style' of the Universal Union. Most occupied races become mindless slaves and can make no decisions on their own. We can use them as workers, soldiers, just as we please and the only thing we have to do is keeping them alive, nothing else. Therefore: Low personal/political freedoms; Good industry represented by high economic freedoms
This nation is a part of the Universal Union(Combine).

User avatar
Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24620
Founded: Nov 26, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Caninope » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:57 am

Qwcasd wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:
Glorious Homeland wrote:What's that America? A group of countries with large spending on universal healthcare and welfare policies are growing much faster economically post-recession than you? *dances*

What's that Europe? A group of supposedly 'progressive' countries experiencing massive xenophobia to the point of considering oppression of minorities?

Meh, we haven't legalized civil unions or gay marriage yet.

The only nations in Europe to offer Gay Marriage are Iceland, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Belgium, Spain, and Sweden. 7 countries on that continent. Notice the words "gay marriage" though.
I'm the Pope
Secretly CIA interns stomping out negative views of the US
Türkçe öğreniyorum ama zorluk var.
Winner, Silver Medal for Debating
Co-Winner, Bronze Medal for Posting
Co-Winner, Zooke Goodwill Award

Agritum wrote:Arg, Caninope is Captain America under disguise. Everyone knows it.
Frisivisia wrote:
Me wrote:Just don't. It'll get you a whole lot further in life if you come to realize you're not the smartest guy in the room, even if you probably are.

Because Caninope may be in that room with you.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Thankfully, we have you and EM to guide us to wisdom and truth, holy one. :p
Norstal wrote:What I am saying of course is that we should clone Caninope.

User avatar
Nova Magna Germania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1748
Founded: Jan 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Magna Germania » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:10 pm

Caninope wrote:
Qwcasd wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:
Glorious Homeland wrote:What's that America? A group of countries with large spending on universal healthcare and welfare policies are growing much faster economically post-recession than you? *dances*

What's that Europe? A group of supposedly 'progressive' countries experiencing massive xenophobia to the point of considering oppression of minorities?

Meh, we haven't legalized civil unions or gay marriage yet.

The only nations in Europe to offer Gay Marriage are Iceland, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Belgium, Spain, and Sweden. 7 countries on that continent. Notice the words "gay marriage" though.


All of EU has employment anti-discrimination laws, you don't.

User avatar
Conservative Alliances
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1323
Founded: Jul 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Conservative Alliances » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:16 pm

Nova Magna Germania wrote:
Caninope wrote:
Qwcasd wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:
Glorious Homeland wrote:What's that America? A group of countries with large spending on universal healthcare and welfare policies are growing much faster economically post-recession than you? *dances*

What's that Europe? A group of supposedly 'progressive' countries experiencing massive xenophobia to the point of considering oppression of minorities?

Meh, we haven't legalized civil unions or gay marriage yet.

The only nations in Europe to offer Gay Marriage are Iceland, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Belgium, Spain, and Sweden. 7 countries on that continent. Notice the words "gay marriage" though.


All of EU has employment anti-discrimination laws, you don't.

Way to ignore EEO laws.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
I am the Ghost of Sparta
Member of the Ebul NSG Right-Wing Establishment
Economic Left/Right: 9.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.92
Spectrum
Foriegn Affairs
Cultural
Political Spectrum Quiz
Essentially a mix of the American Dream and 1950s culture with futuristic technology.
Rhodmhire wrote:I love you.
Liuzzo wrote:Conversely Conservative Alliances, Vetalia, and others make terrific arguments that people may not agree with but you can discuss.
Glorious Homeland wrote:Although some individuals provided counter-points which tended to put to bed a few of my previous statements (conservative alliances, zoingo)

User avatar
Nova Magna Germania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1748
Founded: Jan 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Magna Germania » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:40 pm

Conservative Alliances wrote:
Nova Magna Germania wrote:
Caninope wrote:
Qwcasd wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:
Glorious Homeland wrote:What's that America? A group of countries with large spending on universal healthcare and welfare policies are growing much faster economically post-recession than you? *dances*

What's that Europe? A group of supposedly 'progressive' countries experiencing massive xenophobia to the point of considering oppression of minorities?

Meh, we haven't legalized civil unions or gay marriage yet.

The only nations in Europe to offer Gay Marriage are Iceland, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Belgium, Spain, and Sweden. 7 countries on that continent. Notice the words "gay marriage" though.


All of EU has employment anti-discrimination laws, you don't.

Way to ignore EEO laws.


Discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is legal in most US states.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Continental Free States, Denext, Emotional Support Crocodile, Fartsniffage, Forever Indomitable, Free Algerstonia, Hispida, Ifreann, Informed Consent, Inner Albania, Le Enclave Reformas, Neu California, Orlesian States, The free romanians, Xind

Advertisement

Remove ads