NATION

PASSWORD

Israel agrees to accept the UN investigation...

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Karsol
Senator

Founded: Jan 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Israel agrees to accept the UN investigation...

Postby Karsol » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:06 pm

So why the change in tune? Are they afraid one of their two Muslim 'friends' is angry at them and may work against them? Are they afraid that Britain (one of their major sources of arms) is establishing greater economic ties with Turkey and is prepared to dump the political baggage that is Israel to achieve that goal?

Any hypothesis' NSG?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-10842505
Last edited by Karsol on Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
01010000 01100101 01101110 01101001 01110011 00100001 00100001 00100001
Ronald Reagan: "Well, what do you believe in? Do you want to abolish the rich?"
Olof Palme, the Prime Minister of Sweden: "No, I want to abolish the poor."

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.54

Panzerjaeger
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Panzerjaeger » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:23 pm

I imagine Sandbagging will be the name of the game in Jerusalem. I find it highly unlikely that Israel will cooperate fully they have never done so in the past I do not see why that would change in the immediate future.
Last edited by Panzerjaeger on Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Friendly Neighborhood Fascist™
ФАШИЗМ БЕЗГРАНИЧНЫЙ И КРАСНЫЙ
Caninope wrote:Toyota: Keep moving forward, even when you don't want to!

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:Timothy McVeigh casts... Pyrotechnics!

Greater Americania wrote:lol "No Comrade Ivan! Don't stick your head in there! That's the wood chi...!"

New Kereptica wrote:Fascism: because people are too smart nowadays.

Aris People
Secretary

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Aris People » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:23 pm

Seems like a positive enough thing imo, they have nothing to hide. The change in tune probably comes from many negotiations with the UN to ensure a fair investigation.

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:30 pm

It seems as if someone introduced Israel to the concept of public relations...
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

Zephie
Senator

Founded: Oct 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:31 pm

I think Israel is justified in being the paranoid state it is, after Hitler tried to kill every last Jew on earth, but I don't think killing innocent people is justified for said paranoia.
When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.
Senestrum wrote:I just can't think of anything to say that wouldn't get me warned on this net-nanny forum.

Dehn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Dehn » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:33 pm

Being guilty as shit and not complying with an investigation makes you look worse than being guilty as shit and complying
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.41

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:33 pm

Buffett and Colbert wrote:It seems as if someone introduced Israel to the concept of public relations...

"Guys, I've figured out how to make people stop hating us!"

"How?"

"We need to make ourselves look... well, like the good guys."

"..."

"..."

"...you know, in retrospect I think everyone here feels really fucking stupid that this is the first time in 62 years that we've ever thought about good PR."
Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

Dimoniquid
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 10, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dimoniquid » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:36 pm

Geniasis wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:It seems as if someone introduced Israel to the concept of public relations...

"Guys, I've figured out how to make people stop hating us!"

"How?"

"We need to make ourselves look... well, like the good guys."

"..."

"..."

"...you know, in retrospect I think everyone here feels really fucking stupid that this is the first time in 62 years that we've ever thought about good PR."

Must... think... to sig...

Andaluciae
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Andaluciae » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:45 pm

Karsol wrote:So why the change in tune? Are they afraid one of their two Muslim 'friends' is angry at them and may work against them? Are they afraid that Britain (one of their major sources of arms) is establishing greater economic ties with Turkey and is prepared to dump the political baggage that is Israel to achieve that goal?

Any hypothesis' NSG?

Probably all of the above.

It's also plausible that they feel confident enough that shining some light on the occurrence might make them look a little better.
FreeAgency wrote:Shellfish eating used to be restricted to dens of sin such as Red Lobster and Long John Silvers, but now days I cannot even take my children to a public restaurant anymore (even the supposedly "family friendly ones") without risking their having to watch some deranged individual flaunting his sin...

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:08 pm

Karsol wrote:So why the change in tune? Are they afraid one of their two Muslim 'friends' is angry at them and may work against them? Are they afraid that Britain (one of their major sources of arms) is establishing greater economic ties with Turkey and is prepared to dump the political baggage that is Israel to achieve that goal?

Any hypothesis' NSG?

Because they already dumped their nuclear biological chemical weapons of ultimate doom into the sea west of them.
Last edited by Norstal on Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Suefland
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Suefland » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:08 pm

Norstal wrote:

Any hypothesis' NSG?

Because they already dumped their nuclear biological chemical weapons of ultimate doom into the sea west of them.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: of course they have done this

Darenjo
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Darenjo » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:10 pm

Any hypothesis' NSG?

I think that the more centrist elements in Netanyahu's govt. are probably responsible for this.
Dr. Park Si-Jung, Ambassador to the World Assembly for The People's Democracy of Darenjo

Proud Member of Eastern Islands of Dharma!

Suefland
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Suefland » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:13 pm

Aris People wrote:Seems like a positive enough thing imo, they have nothing to hide. The change in tune probably comes from many negotiations with the UN to ensure a fair investigation.

nothing to hide except some nukes , some soldiers killing innocent people ,racist government and illegal land roping from its owners

Suefland
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Suefland » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:15 pm

Darenjo wrote:

Any hypothesis' NSG?

I think that the more centrist elements in Netanyahu's govt. are probably responsible for this.

seems possible it couldn't be that far-right fascist Lieberman

Sanctus Sicilis
Secretary

Founded: Jul 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanctus Sicilis » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:25 pm

I'm a little bit concerned that the OP thinks Zionism is heresy and hypocrisy. Why even ask people this question, clearly Israel shouldn't even exist in your eyes... so Im sure nothing they do will appease you other than get killed by terrorists and Iran's proxies.

God Bless Israel. I hope they make all those terrorists starve, to the point where they leave Israeli territory, and go elsewhere (like Jordan and Syria and Egypt)

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:28 pm

Sanctus Sicilis wrote:I'm a little bit concerned that the OP thinks Zionism is heresy and hypocrisy. Why even ask people this question, clearly Israel shouldn't even exist in your eyes... so Im sure nothing they do will appease you other than get killed by terrorists and Iran's proxies.

God Bless Israel. I hope they make all those terrorists starve, to the point where they leave Israeli territory, and go elsewhere (like Jordan and Syria and Egypt)

The blockade also starved civilians too.
Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

Taffy 3
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Taffy 3 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:46 pm

Geniasis wrote:
Sanctus Sicilis wrote:I'm a little bit concerned that the OP thinks Zionism is heresy and hypocrisy. Why even ask people this question, clearly Israel shouldn't even exist in your eyes... so Im sure nothing they do will appease you other than get killed by terrorists and Iran's proxies.

The blockade also starved civilians too.

And the blockade was also imposed by Egypt. Egypt could've helped their fellow Arabs at any point they wished.
Fanshaw Bay Shipwrights

"Let us not go down before we fire our damn torpedoes," - LT Bob Hagen, USS Johnston prior to her suicide run during the Battle off of Samar

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:49 pm

Israel has been letting food as well as basic medical equipment go through for some time. Of course, after recent events they have had to broaden the scope on what they accept.

If starvation was their goal I think most people in Gaza would have been dead by now seeing how long this has lasted.
Last edited by Herskerstad on Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Although the stars do not speak, even in being silent they cry out. - John Calvin

Aris People
Secretary

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Aris People » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:44 pm

Suefland wrote:
Aris People wrote:Seems like a positive enough thing imo, they have nothing to hide. The change in tune probably comes from many negotiations with the UN to ensure a fair investigation.

nothing to hide except some nukes , some soldiers killing innocent people ,racist government and illegal land roping from its owners

The nukes aren't illegal since they never signed the non-nuclear proliferation act. I'm not gonna even touch on the other things, none of them have to do with this topic and I don't want to get off topic.

The Walkerian Empire
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Walkerian Empire » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:52 pm

Why so much hatred towards Israel?! Last time I checked, it was the Muslims who wanted us dead! Only another step towards the end of the world I suspect...

Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkinesia » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:56 pm

Oh shit, now there might be a vague semblance of not-cutting-off-everyone's-arms in the Middle East! What will we do now? :eek:
Bisexual, atheist, Southerner. Not much older but made much wiser.

Disappointment Panda wrote:Don't hope for a life without problems. There's no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:06 am

The Walkerian Empire wrote:Why so much hatred towards Israel?! Last time I checked, it was the Muslims who wanted us dead!

I suspect it's the attitude of Israel, really. To many people here, the fact that Israel commits such acts of violence and depravity is bad enough, (And before you say it, the vast majority of the people who believe this are only too eager to point out other nations' crimes as well) but in many situations, Israel claims the moral high ground, even when independent inquiries have shown this to be false, and, worst yet, claim to be modern Western democracy despite all of this, well that tends to ruffle a few feathers.

The Walkerian Empire wrote:Only another step towards the end of the world I suspect...

Considering that every ssecond of every day brings us a tiny fraction closer to the time in 1-2 billion years when the expanding Sun boils away the oceans and makes life impossible on the planet's surface, sure, whatever floats tour boat.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General