NATION

PASSWORD

Competitive Cheerleading Not a Sport.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Imsogone
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Competitive Cheerleading Not a Sport.

Postby Imsogone » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:48 pm

Before I get banned for verbally killing Arborlawn for his antedeluvian views on male/female relations (provided he is serious about them), I leave you with this ...

Replacing volleyball with competitive cheerleading!? I'm with the judge on this one.

http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2010/07/2 ... a-sport%2F
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Adams.

Rolamec
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 15, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Rolamec » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:51 pm

Imsogone wrote:Before I get banned for verbally killing Arborlawn for his antedeluvian views on male/female relations (provided he is serious about them), I leave you with this ...

Replacing volleyball with competitive cheerleading!? I'm with the judge on this one.

Don't. Be better, I know you are.
Rolamec of New Earth
A Proud and Progressive Republican.
"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Economic Left/Right: 4.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.05

Imsogone
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imsogone » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:52 pm

Rolamec wrote:
Imsogone wrote:Before I get banned for verbally killing Arborlawn for his antedeluvian views on male/female relations (provided he is serious about them), I leave you with this ...

Don't. Be better, I know you are.

Turns out he isn't serious about them (much), but he is a patronizing little git.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Adams.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:52 pm

Competitive Cheerleading has all the Hallmarks of a real sport... in fact its more dangerous than Ice Hockey. Its not like they said they were going to field an all female Curling team. But I think Volleyball is a better idea anyway. Why can't they have BOTH?
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:53 pm

If it gets me seeing HS and college aged girls in skimpy out fits twirling around I will call it a sport.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Brogavia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Brogavia » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:53 pm

Sluts in skirts.

What's not to love?
Playing NS since Jan of 2006

1010102, Unjustly Deleted

Agent of the Timegate, if you expose me I'll kill you

Fedele
Attaché

Founded: Apr 23, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Fedele » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:56 pm

This has gone so wrong so quickly.

Imsogone
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imsogone » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:57 pm

Fedele wrote:This has gone so wrong so quickly.

It's NSG, what do you expect?

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:57 pm

this si the internet who is not a pervert.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Rolamec
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 15, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Rolamec » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:59 pm

Yay cheerleaders!
Rolamec of New Earth
A Proud and Progressive Republican.
"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Economic Left/Right: 4.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.05

Brogavia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Brogavia » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:00 pm

Imsogone wrote:

The whole thread is perposterous anyway, since Cheerleading is the most dangerous sport since gladitorial combat. Seriously.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:01 pm

Our school didn't have a Volleyball team of either gender, IIRC, *shrugs*

I don't think of Cheerleading as a sport, but, you know, chess is a sport, and Cheerleading's alot tougher, physically, than that(not that I'm not a fan of chess, I consider myself quite good at it actually, :P ) , but the fact that they were "required" to have something for the girls to compete in's pretty low. Only thing we didn't have a girls or coed team for was Football, IIRC.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:02 pm

greed and death wrote:If it gets me seeing HS and college aged girls in skimpy out fits twirling around I will call it a sport.

I revise my position to this, :D

Why didn't I think of that before? :blink:

Imsogone
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imsogone » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:02 pm

Brogavia wrote:
Imsogone wrote:

The whole thread is perposterous anyway, since Cheerleading is the most dangerous sport since gladitorial combat. Seriously.

So what is it about men that they won't watch a woman's sport unless it involves skimpy costumes and near mortal danger for the women?

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:02 pm

Imsogone wrote:

well at least it is not /b/
Barack Obama

Brogavia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Brogavia » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:04 pm

Imsogone wrote:
Brogavia wrote:
Imsogone wrote:

So what is it about men that they won't watch a woman's sport unless it involves skimpy costumes and near mortal danger for the women?

Because its the only women's sport thats very competitive?

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:04 pm

Imsogone wrote:
Brogavia wrote:
Imsogone wrote:

What is about women that care if we are watching them play sports ?
Barack Obama

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:06 pm

Imsogone wrote:
Brogavia wrote:
Imsogone wrote:

Well they don't have a Women's Naked Para-sailing event in the Olympics yet so we make due with the next best thing.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Imsogone
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imsogone » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:08 pm

:lol: You all sound like my son who maintains that all women's figure skating events should be done naked.

The Norwegian Blue
Minister

Founded: Jul 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Norwegian Blue » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:08 pm

Seems like a reasonable decision. It'd be one thing if the school were simply adding a cheerleading team, but cutting the volleyball team and replacing it with cheerleaders seems to me to go against at very least the spirit of Title IX.
Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things. - Reichskommissariat ost
...if you poop just to poop, then it is immoral. - Bandarikin
And if abortion was illegal, there wouldn't be male doctors - Green Port
Stop making a potato punch itself in the scrote after first manifesting a fist and a scrote. - RepentNowOrPayLater
And...you aren't aroused by the premise of a snot-hocking giraffe leaping through a third story bay window after a sex toy? What are you...I mean...are you some kind of weirdo or something? - Hammurab

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:11 pm

Imsogone wrote::lol: You all sound like my son who maintains that all women's figure skating events should be done naked.

I got to go to a coroner, be right back.
Barack Obama

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:11 pm

Imsogone wrote::lol: You all sound like my son who maintains that all women's figure skating events should be done naked.

Only if I get to warm them back up :ugeek:

Brogavia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Brogavia » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:11 pm

SaintB wrote:
Imsogone wrote:
Brogavia wrote:
Imsogone wrote:

Well they don't have a Women's Naked Para-sailing event in the Olympics yet so we make due with the next best thing.

Pole Dancing might get there.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35524563/

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:12 pm

SaintB wrote:

Only if I get to warm them back up :ugeek:

Cold and nipples does make some very interesting sights.
Barack Obama

Imsogone
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imsogone » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:12 pm

greed and death wrote:

I got to go to a coroner, be right back.

Who died?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General