NATION

PASSWORD

Interracial Dating

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Free Soviets
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Re: Interracial Dating

Postby Free Soviets » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:53 am

United Anacreon wrote:why are some white women very arrogant or hostile to Asian men?

i blame the jews

United Russian State
Minister

Founded: Jul 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby United Russian State » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:26 am

Free Soviets wrote:
United Anacreon wrote:why are some white women very arrogant or hostile to Asian men?

i blame the jews

I blame Amercains
Defcon: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)
State of War: Chernobyl-Pripyat
Establish Embassy in URS
URS Economy Information
Join Pan-Slavic Union State!
My long term plan is to contribute to globally warming as much as possible so my grandchildren can live in a world that is a few degrees warmer and where there is new coast land being created every day.- The Scandinvans

The U.S. did not controle the corrupt regiems it set up against the Soviet Union, it just sugested things and changed leaders if they weer not takeing enough sugestions-Omnicracy

NO ONE is poor and suffering in the US- they're pretending that while rollicking in welfare money-Pythria

Animillenia
Secretary

Founded: Feb 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Animillenia » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:24 pm

I'm all for intergrating races in every which way. My problem is getting a date at all. :P I'm white and all, but also shy so I suck with women. When it comes to me and women of other races though, I like to daate them, except for black women, not being racist or anything, but I just don't feel any physical attraction towards them. But dudes asians are hot. XD

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:28 pm

Animillenia wrote:I'm all for intergrating races in every which way. My problem is getting a date at all. :P I'm white and all, but also shy so I suck with women. When it comes to me and women of other races though, I like to date them, except for black women, not being racist or anything, but I just don't feel any physical attraction towards them. But dudes asians are hot. XD

prettymuch this ^^^

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:30 pm

Maurepas wrote:
Animillenia wrote:I'm all for intergrating races in every which way. My problem is getting a date at all. :P I'm white and all, but also shy so I suck with women. When it comes to me and women of other races though, I like to date them, except for black women, not being racist or anything, but I just don't feel any physical attraction towards them. But dudes asians are hot. XD

prettymuch this ^^^

You know, I've noticed this trend a lot. People who obviously don't seem racist are completely disinterested in potential partners belonging to other races (or certain other races). I wonder if this is a secret racism, or perhaps an unconscious racism, or if it's not anything of the sort and just comes down to personal preference.

Curious...
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Ravea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ravea » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:31 pm

Having dated smoking hotties of other races before, it's really not that much different than dating people of your own race.

Better food, maybe, but that's about it.
~Omnia mutantur, nihil interit~

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:32 pm

It was quite interesting to go to Alabama for Space Camp. I didn't think that people were as racist as the class before us said and as the general media portrayed. I was wrong. Some of those people were asses.

Racist: Y'all ever hear of Jesus Christ down there?

Friend: Yeah! We see him on the local television we gather around every saturday to watch!
---------------

Friend and me: *talking in spanish

Racist: Y'all are in America now so you've gotta speak American.
---------------

Racist: How did you afford to get here? (and this one was actually being sincere)

Me: We arrived by canoe.

Obviously not everybody is like this, but those three people really made me wonder what our society has devolved into.
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:32 pm

Galloism wrote:
Maurepas wrote:

prettymuch this ^^^

You know, I've noticed this trend a lot. People who obviously don't seem racist are completely disinterested in potential partners belonging to other races (or certain other races). I wonder if this is a secret racism, or perhaps an unconscious racism, or if it's not anything of the sort and just comes down to personal preference.

Curious...

Idk, it doesnt bother me when other people do...Its just for me personally, they generally arent my type...I have seen some Black Women that are good looking, and I could see myself getting with them, its just that they are few, and far between...

Pope Joan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pope Joan » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:34 pm

I think there is beauty in every ethnicity.

I might not marry a cannibal, but it would not be because of looks.

OP, do you live on the west coast or in Hawaii? It seems to me that asian guys are generally quite well accepted out there, and if you have not been, just be patient, you've just had a streak of bad luck.
Last edited by Pope Joan on Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is difficult".

-M. Scott Peck

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:34 pm

Buffett and Colbert wrote:
Obviously not everybody is like this, but those three people really made me wonder what our society has devolved into.

What part of Alabama were you in?

Thats prettymuch the whole bit when you go north of Mobile, imo...The Gulf Coast is like a whole other country in comparison...

Apertior
Envoy

Founded: May 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Apertior » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:34 pm

I'll date anyone of any race if they're attractive/awesome enough.

I am an equal opportunity impregnator.
But remember that the Captain belongs to the most dangerous enemy of truth and freedom, the solid unmoving cattle of the majority.
Oh, God, the terrible tyranny of the majority.

Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Ravea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ravea » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:35 pm

Apertior wrote:I'll date anyone of any race if they're attractive/awesome enough.

I wish "equal opportunity impregnator" was my job title.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:35 pm

Galloism wrote:
Maurepas wrote:

prettymuch this ^^^

Curious...

I know some girls who when they don't like a guy will try to make an excuse like, i dont date left handers or such and such.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:36 pm

Maurepas wrote:

Thats prettymuch the whole bit when you go north of Mobile, imo...The Gulf Coast is like a whole other country in comparison...

Huntsville. It seemed like a small town with a highway cutting through it.
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

Apertior
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Apertior » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:36 pm

Ravea wrote:
Apertior wrote:I'll date anyone of any race if they're attractive/awesome enough.

The pay isn't great but at least the work is fun.
But remember that the Captain belongs to the most dangerous enemy of truth and freedom, the solid unmoving cattle of the majority.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:37 pm

Maurepas wrote:

Huntsville. It seemed like a small town with a highway cutting through it.

Yep, figured thatd be your problem, other than NASA, its a hick town, :p

Ravea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ravea » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:39 pm

Apertior wrote:
Ravea wrote:

The pay isn't great but at least the work is fun.

The child support bills would suck, though.

Poliwanacraca
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Poliwanacraca » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:52 pm

United Anacreon wrote:We live in a modern society, the majority of NSGers are beyond Race, Creed, and Economic Backgrounds.

Now, this extends to the idea of Interracial Dating, I'm pretty sure that the majority of NSGers are in support of it.

Alas, the world is not NSG. And as an asian american, I am subjected to the worst of stereotypes, people tend to be extremely hostile to me...especially women.

Now, I'm not going to make a generalization here, but why are some white women very arrogant or hostile to Asian men? I really wish to know. It seems they aren't arrogant to most other groups from my experiences, but why must they be that way towards me?

Hasn't the world seen past prejudice and stereotyping? Or am I on NSG too much?

Speaking as a white woman - beats the hell out of me. I might turn a guy down because I didn't find him attractive, and I might not find him attractive for reasons correlating to his race (e.g. I tend to find fair skin more attractive than dark skin, so given an otherwise-magically-identical black guy and white guy, I'd probably perceive the latter as more attractive to me, personally), but I can't imagine turning a guy down simply because of his race in itself.
"You know...I've just realized that "Poliwanacraca" is, when rendered in Arabic, an anagram for "Bom-chica-wohw-waaaow", the famous "sexy riff" that was born in the 70's and will live forever..." - Hammurab
----
"Extortion is such a nasty word.
I much prefer 'magnolia'. 'Magnolia' is a much nicer word." - Saint Clair Island

----
"Go forth my snarky diaper babies, and CONQUER!" - Neo Art

Megaloria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 07, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Megaloria » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:03 pm

The heart is colourblind.
And so too is the penis.
Here's to the losers, bless them all.

Port Arcana
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 11, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Port Arcana » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:03 pm

United Anacreon, I think a lot of the issue is that you're seeing people as "races", when in actuality (from an anthropological or biological point of view), there's no such thing as race. A more correct term might be ethnicity, where as any and all differences (actual or perceived) are products of CULTURE, not GENETICS.

For example, I go to a university that is predominately (90%) mid-westerners of European ancestry. We have a few asian guys on campus, which tends to be one of two groups 1) exchange students and 2) Americanised private school kids. Group 1 tends to date other "asians" because of cultural commonalities and less exposure/assimilation to American culture, and group 2 are typically mostly frat boys who date sorority girls regardless of ethnicity. Actually, there was an upperclassman on my floor who was Fillipino and probably the most popular guy in his 95% "white" frat, and there's constantly girls surrounding him, etc etc.

A classmate of mine in high school once said "when it comes to women, hotness knows no nationality" which is probably the greatest quote the guy ever said. By putting others into racial categories, you're automatically assuming that they'll do the same for you. And yes, I'd be lying if I said there weren't racists in the world, but honestly they are in the minority so just ignore them.

Apertior
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Apertior » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:08 pm

Megaloria wrote:The heart is colourblind.
And so too is the penis.

I do believe that I am aware of what hast been done here by you.

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 22, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:09 pm

Parthenon wrote:I have no problem with interracial dating. That being said, there are certain races that I do not find attractive and would never date.

And that's normal. Most people tend to be attracted to people of their own race more than others. I am one of those people, however I would not go as far as excluding every member of any race from my dating pool.
Free market capitalism, path to prosperity
Свободный рынок капитализма, путь к процветанию
IBC 7 Finalists
8 Gold, 9 Silver, 2 Bronze medals IV Summer Olympics
2 Silver, 4 Bronze medals V Winter Olympics
Golfinator Classic Champion
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

Megaloria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 07, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Megaloria » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:09 pm

Apertior wrote:
And so too is the penis.

Oh, is that indeed the case?
Here's to the losers, bless them all.

Port Arcana
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 11, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Port Arcana » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:12 pm

Megaloria wrote:
Apertior wrote:
And so too is the penis.

Oh, is that indeed the case?

Lol I didn't even see that! :lol:

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 22, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:14 pm

Kusatsu wrote:As a white guy, in america, dating a foreigner Chinese I have seen plenty of stereotyping and brutal hatred towards her race. Many are even calling me a communist now, and asking what my offspring would look like with "squintey eyes". I've practically been disowned by my family, and last night at a family reunion party I got into a big conflict that almost led to a fist fight. I've been called a number of things, from communist to chink (even though im white), but you know what? I don't give a fuck what those proles think. I love her, and thats that. No number of ignorant words will ever come between us or break us apart.

More power to you.
Free market capitalism, path to prosperity
Свободный рынок капитализма, путь к процветанию
IBC 7 Finalists
8 Gold, 9 Silver, 2 Bronze medals IV Summer Olympics
2 Silver, 4 Bronze medals V Winter Olympics
Golfinator Classic Champion
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads