NATION

PASSWORD

Why atheists have weak relationships, Christians strong ones

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15048
Founded: Mar 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:43 am

Yes, I see..... :eyebrow:

You did not say anything that says you were not Christian. Everything there gives support for the fact that you are Christian.
Now mostly a politik discuss account.

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:44 am

Turan devleti wrote:because they do not have value system


Who not have value system, Atouk?

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:44 am

Sungai Pusat wrote:Yes, I see..... :eyebrow:

You did not say anything that says you were not Christian. Everything there gives support for the fact that you are Christian.


Everything? Really?

Dude, somebody offered you an out with the second language thing. You should take it.

User avatar
Vonners
Senator
 
Posts: 4525
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Vonners » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:45 am

Risottia wrote:
Moriskov wrote:
Risottia wrote:
Turan devleti wrote:because they do not have value system

You say so.

A typical atheist value system, like mine, would be:

1.Hail Statan the State Devil
2.Hail Myself
3.Get me Sex Androids
4.Get me Booze

You might not agree with it, but it's a value system.

Hmmm...... get rid of number 1 and we should be good to go ;)


No way, I just invented him and I'm going to milk him for all it's worth!


Statan milk? Contains all you daily needs for a balanced budget? (yeah ok that was crap...I'm having breakfast and need more coffee dammit!)
Beer - the other white meat

User avatar
Maynarden
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 7
Founded: Jul 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Maynarden » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:45 am

RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Maynarden wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Maynarden wrote:As this link shows, Arkansas had the second highest divorce rate of any state in 2005. Oklahoma had the fourth highest divorce rate. Also notice that every state with more than 5 divorces per 1,000 people in 2005 voted for Bush in 2004. Five out of the six also voted for McCain in 2008. Apparently the more religious are getting divorced at higher rates, despite the fact that the fear of divine retribution strengthens their relationships (I find the notion that we should behave because God will punish us for not doing so objectionable as well, but that is a subjective matter).


Your post is proof that cursory quantitative analysis is not substitute for careful examination of what you think you're responding too.

Consider that a few extra seconds examining what you're rebutting can save you minutes of looking up internet links.


I know, but I thought it would be interesting to point out anyway. Guess I almost put the thread back on track, eh? ;)


No, you just preached to the choir while simultaneously (and needlessly) politicizing it. I can't stop you from doing that, but as the OP I can tell you that's not the actual track of the thread.

Oh, and wink or whatever.


Oh, don't worry. Politicizing things is something that comes naturally for me.
Economic Left/Right: 8.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.46

User avatar
Gauntleted Fist
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10061
Founded: Aug 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauntleted Fist » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:46 am

Ramsetia wrote:You know, it's really sad when people can't see satire.

Half the thread is taking it seriously, the other half is both laughing and bemoaning the sad state of existence where individuals seriously attempt to dismantle a satirical post.

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:46 am

Risottia wrote:
Moriskov wrote:
Risottia wrote:
Turan devleti wrote:because they do not have value system

You say so.

A typical atheist value system, like mine, would be:

1.Hail Statan the State Devil
2.Hail Myself
3.Get me Sex Androids
4.Get me Booze

You might not agree with it, but it's a value system.

Hmmm...... get rid of number 1 and we should be good to go ;)


No way, I just invented him and I'm going to milk him for all it's worth!


I would so love to do a bit on "Statan: Why Communism Is the Tool of the Devil". I could totally find a shit load of hilarious links, like chick pamphlets and all the batshit pages by guys who grew up in the fifties and do pages and pages on how McCarthy was right and Satan is behind "Communism, Homosexuality, and Women's Rights".

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:47 am

Maynarden wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Maynarden wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Maynarden wrote:As this link shows, Arkansas had the second highest divorce rate of any state in 2005. Oklahoma had the fourth highest divorce rate. Also notice that every state with more than 5 divorces per 1,000 people in 2005 voted for Bush in 2004. Five out of the six also voted for McCain in 2008. Apparently the more religious are getting divorced at higher rates, despite the fact that the fear of divine retribution strengthens their relationships (I find the notion that we should behave because God will punish us for not doing so objectionable as well, but that is a subjective matter).


Your post is proof that cursory quantitative analysis is not substitute for careful examination of what you think you're responding too.

Consider that a few extra seconds examining what you're rebutting can save you minutes of looking up internet links.


I know, but I thought it would be interesting to point out anyway. Guess I almost put the thread back on track, eh? ;)


No, you just preached to the choir while simultaneously (and needlessly) politicizing it. I can't stop you from doing that, but as the OP I can tell you that's not the actual track of the thread.

Oh, and wink or whatever.


Oh, don't worry. Politicizing things is something that comes naturally for me.


Well, at least you're in the right place, site-wise.

User avatar
Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15048
Founded: Mar 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:47 am

RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Sungai Pusat wrote:Yes, I see..... :eyebrow:

You did not say anything that says you were not Christian. Everything there gives support for the fact that you are Christian.


Everything? Really?

Dude, somebody offered you an out with the second language thing. You should take it.

Oh, and by the way, having a lover that you have to be with for the rest of your life even if you hate him/her is not the way. Divorce should be the final option if all else fails. That, I agree. i don't agree that it should be made illegial. If you married to a person that you don't love, what's the point of staying with him/her?
Now mostly a politik discuss account.

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:49 am

Gauntleted Fist wrote:
Ramsetia wrote:You know, it's really sad when people can't see satire.

Half the thread is taking it seriously, the other half is both laughing and bemoaning the sad state of existence where individuals seriously attempt to dismantle a satirical post.


For an interesting look at some of what may be behind it, check the link in the OP of Barringtonia's thread with a pretty sweet article on the value of "slow reading". I don't know if I buy all of it (especially the bit about the iPad), but the overall idea isn't completely without merit.

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:51 am

Sungai Pusat wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Sungai Pusat wrote:Yes, I see..... :eyebrow:

You did not say anything that says you were not Christian. Everything there gives support for the fact that you are Christian.


Everything? Really?

Dude, somebody offered you an out with the second language thing. You should take it.

Oh, and by the way, having a lover that you have to be with for the rest of your life even if you hate him/her is not the way. Divorce should be the final option if all else fails. That, I agree. i don't agree that it should be made illegial. If you married to a person that you don't love, what's the point of staying with him/her?


So...when you "read" the OP, what you got from it...is that you think I'm Christian and that I favor making divorce illegal.

And your Chinese is the crap?

User avatar
Gauntleted Fist
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10061
Founded: Aug 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauntleted Fist » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:53 am

RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Gauntleted Fist wrote:
Ramsetia wrote:You know, it's really sad when people can't see satire.

Half the thread is taking it seriously, the other half is both laughing and bemoaning the sad state of existence where individuals seriously attempt to dismantle a satirical post.


For an interesting look at some of what may be behind it, check the link in the OP of Barringtonia's thread with a pretty sweet article on the value of "slow reading". I don't know if I buy all of it (especially the bit about the iPad), but the overall idea isn't completely without merit.

I already saw the thread. Thanks for the heads-up, though. It's interesting enough to merit further reading.

User avatar
Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15048
Founded: Mar 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:53 am

RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Sungai Pusat wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Sungai Pusat wrote:Yes, I see..... :eyebrow:

You did not say anything that says you were not Christian. Everything there gives support for the fact that you are Christian.


Everything? Really?

Dude, somebody offered you an out with the second language thing. You should take it.

Oh, and by the way, having a lover that you have to be with for the rest of your life even if you hate him/her is not the way. Divorce should be the final option if all else fails. That, I agree. i don't agree that it should be made illegial. If you married to a person that you don't love, what's the point of staying with him/her?


So...when you "read" the OP, what you got from it...is that you think I'm Christian and that I favor making divorce illegal.

And your Chinese is the crap?

Yes, my Chinese is the language I am bad at. And yes, all evidence from this thread points towards that.
Now mostly a politik discuss account.

User avatar
Vietdien
Attaché
 
Posts: 79
Founded: Dec 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vietdien » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:55 am

Actually, recent statistics have shown that liberal atheists have stronger, more faithful relationships than conservative religious individuals. :blush:

User avatar
Islamic Hazarastan
Minister
 
Posts: 2976
Founded: Feb 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Hazarastan » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:55 am

This is hilarious.
Artwork thread|Rain sound ftw!
Muslim, socialist, and anime fan ^__^
Who are the oppressors? The few: the King, the capitalist, and a handful of other overseers and superintendents. Who are the oppressed? The many: the nations of the earth; the valuable personages; the workers; they that make the bread that the soft-handed and idle eat. - Mark Twain

Nothing is more precious than Independence and Liberty. - Ho Chi Minh
!لال سلام! انقلاب زنده باد
!میں پاکستانی ہوں، اور یہ اردو زبان ہے... عربی نہیں
Economic Left/Right: -7.50 | Social Liberal/Authoritarian: -5.46

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:57 am

Sungai Pusat wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Sungai Pusat wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Sungai Pusat wrote:Yes, I see..... :eyebrow:

You did not say anything that says you were not Christian. Everything there gives support for the fact that you are Christian.


Everything? Really?

Dude, somebody offered you an out with the second language thing. You should take it.

Oh, and by the way, having a lover that you have to be with for the rest of your life even if you hate him/her is not the way. Divorce should be the final option if all else fails. That, I agree. i don't agree that it should be made illegial. If you married to a person that you don't love, what's the point of staying with him/her?


So...when you "read" the OP, what you got from it...is that you think I'm Christian and that I favor making divorce illegal.

And your Chinese is the crap?

Yes, my Chinese is the language I am bad at. And yes, all evidence from this thread points towards that.


No, all evidence pertaining to you in this thread shows that its your English that could use some work.

In Chinese, are there translations for ideas like satire, parody, subtext, and oops?

User avatar
Moriskov
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1829
Founded: Jun 08, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Moriskov » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:58 am

Vietdien wrote:Actually, recent statistics have shown that liberal atheists have stronger, more faithful relationships than conservative religious individuals. :blush:

:clap:
"Vengeance is like a ghost. It takes over every man it touches. It's thirst cannot be quenched, until the last man standing has fallen. You may be able to destroy me, but the beast will eventually come for you."
Vladimir Makarov
Osaea wrote:
Alowwvia wrote:And for every ATGM, there's a guy with a pistol that can kill him for much cheaper.


True. But can the guy with a pistol kill the tank? Only if he's Mattias Nilsson.

.............. \_▂▂▂████▄▄▂___
.........[█|||█████WOT PLAYER████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃▂
..__▂▄▅█████████████████████▄▃▂
I████Moriskov [1AR-R] - T-43 ██████████]
I████████████████████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲◤

Pronounced: Mor-skoj

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:58 am

Vietdien wrote:Actually, recent statistics have shown that liberal atheists have stronger, more faithful relationships than conservative religious individuals. :blush:


That's because the statisticians did not use prayerful, faith based mathematical models, and also because of the influence of Statan.

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:59 am

Islamic Hazarastan wrote:This is hilarious.


Whyzzat?

User avatar
Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15048
Founded: Mar 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:01 am

RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Vietdien wrote:Actually, recent statistics have shown that liberal atheists have stronger, more faithful relationships than conservative religious individuals. :blush:


That's because the statisticians did not use prayerful, faith based mathematical models, and also because of the influence of Statan.

You are just showing more and more that you are a Christian, sir or mam.
Now mostly a politik discuss account.

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:04 am

Sungai Pusat wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Vietdien wrote:Actually, recent statistics have shown that liberal atheists have stronger, more faithful relationships than conservative religious individuals. :blush:


That's because the statisticians did not use prayerful, faith based mathematical models, and also because of the influence of Statan.

You are just showing more and more that you are a Christian, sir or mam.


So, even after I explain explicitly the satire...you still...

Okay, so it isn't the language difference, its you.

Good luck, sir or man.

User avatar
Risottia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 54181
Founded: Sep 05, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Risottia » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:04 am

Vonners wrote:
Risottia wrote:
Moriskov wrote:
Risottia wrote:
Turan devleti wrote:because they do not have value system

You say so.

A typical atheist value system, like mine, would be:

1.Hail Statan the State Devil
2.Hail Myself
3.Get me Sex Androids
4.Get me Booze

You might not agree with it, but it's a value system.

Hmmm...... get rid of number 1 and we should be good to go ;)


No way, I just invented him and I'm going to milk him for all it's worth!


Statan milk? Contains all you daily needs for a balanced budget? (yeah ok that was crap...I'm having breakfast and need more coffee dammit!)


Of course. That's how the State, through Statan, provides for your good health.
Statanist through and through.
Evilutionist Atheist Crusadjihadist. "Darwinu Akhbar! Dawkins vult!"
Founder of the NSG Peace Prize Committee.
I'm back.
SUMMER, BLOODY SUMMER!

User avatar
Gauntleted Fist
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10061
Founded: Aug 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauntleted Fist » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:04 am

Sungai Pusat wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Vietdien wrote:Actually, recent statistics have shown that liberal atheists have stronger, more faithful relationships than conservative religious individuals. :blush:


That's because the statisticians did not use prayerful, faith based mathematical models, and also because of the influence of Statan.

You are just showing more and more that you are a Christian, sir or mam.

You are just showing more and more that you have absolutely no concept of what the OP was talking about. None at all. It's actually pretty funny, but also sad.

User avatar
Moriskov
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1829
Founded: Jun 08, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Moriskov » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:04 am

RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Vietdien wrote:Actually, recent statistics have shown that liberal atheists have stronger, more faithful relationships than conservative religious individuals. :blush:


That's because the statisticians did not use prayerful, faith based mathematical models, and also because of the influence of Satan.

Please use correct spelling if your in a serious conversation.
"Vengeance is like a ghost. It takes over every man it touches. It's thirst cannot be quenched, until the last man standing has fallen. You may be able to destroy me, but the beast will eventually come for you."
Vladimir Makarov
Osaea wrote:
Alowwvia wrote:And for every ATGM, there's a guy with a pistol that can kill him for much cheaper.


True. But can the guy with a pistol kill the tank? Only if he's Mattias Nilsson.

.............. \_▂▂▂████▄▄▂___
.........[█|||█████WOT PLAYER████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃▂
..__▂▄▅█████████████████████▄▃▂
I████Moriskov [1AR-R] - T-43 ██████████]
I████████████████████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲◤

Pronounced: Mor-skoj

User avatar
Risottia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 54181
Founded: Sep 05, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Risottia » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:07 am

RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Vietdien wrote:Actually, recent statistics have shown that liberal atheists have stronger, more faithful relationships than conservative religious individuals. :blush:


That's because the statisticians did not use prayerful, faith based mathematical models, and also because of the influence of Statan.


Yes, of course Statan is behind statistics.

Statan messes up with numbers and groups together conservative religious individuals belonging to false religions and worshipping false gods with Real Conservative Religious Individuals belonging to True Religion and worshipping The One True God.
Statanist through and through.
Evilutionist Atheist Crusadjihadist. "Darwinu Akhbar! Dawkins vult!"
Founder of the NSG Peace Prize Committee.
I'm back.
SUMMER, BLOODY SUMMER!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: American Legionaries, Broader Confederate States, Diuhon, Hurtful Thoughts, Imperial Britannia, Kanaia, Kowani, Limited Liability Company, The Front Range, Umeria

Advertisement

Remove ads