NATION

PASSWORD

Why atheists have weak relationships, Christians strong ones

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Vonners
Senator
 
Posts: 4525
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Vonners » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:22 am

RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Vonners wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Vonners wrote:Now do it in the style of a Sunni Muslim...


I used to do a character, Jhahannam, who was supposed to be Muslim, but I forgot thats why I made him and he wound up being...maybe racist or something? I forget what his schtick was.


Shiite?


No, Bo'allucks.


Ahhh...Shahada and Genesis combo! Neat!
Beer - the other white meat

User avatar
Risottia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 54181
Founded: Sep 05, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Risottia » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:23 am

Moriskov wrote:Ах, дайте мне насладиться моментом .........идиотs всегда развлекает меня

"Oh, let me enjoy this moment... an idiot always amuses me".
..I had to use the dictionary only for насладиться. But it's "идиот". 8)
Last edited by Risottia on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Statanist through and through.
Evilutionist Atheist Crusadjihadist. "Darwinu Akhbar! Dawkins vult!"
Founder of the NSG Peace Prize Committee.
I'm back.
SUMMER, BLOODY SUMMER!

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:25 am

Gauntleted Fist wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:
Gauntleted Fist wrote:Thank you for brightening my day.

I do my best. ;)

Well, I already said thank you, but again! ;)

RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:I think best (deliberate) bit on this thread goes to CM. His anemone bit was awesome.
Agreed.

Best unintentional seems to be Logasiri so far.


Yeah, I'd second that. I have no idea what the cyrillic says, it might be brilliant, jackass, or anything in between.

User avatar
Maynarden
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 7
Founded: Jul 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Maynarden » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:25 am

As this link shows, Arkansas had the second highest divorce rate of any state in 2005. Oklahoma had the fourth highest divorce rate. Also notice that every state with more than 5 divorces per 1,000 people in 2005 voted for Bush in 2004. Five out of the six also voted for McCain in 2008. Apparently the more religious are getting divorced at higher rates, despite the fact that the fear of divine retribution strengthens their relationships (I find the notion that we should behave because God will punish us for not doing so objectionable as well, but that is a subjective matter).
Economic Left/Right: 8.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.46

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:26 am

Vonners wrote:Ahhh...Shahada and Genesis combo! Neat!


What version of Street Fighter are they on, now?

Great. Now I'm going to get fatwahed in the a'ass.

User avatar
Risottia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 54181
Founded: Sep 05, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Risottia » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:27 am

Maynarden wrote:As this link shows, Arkansas had the second highest divorce rate of any state in 2005. Oklahoma had the fourth highest divorce rate. Also notice that every state with more than 5 divorces per 1,000 people in 2005 voted for Bush in 2004. Five out of the six also voted for McCain in 2008. Apparently the more religious are getting divorced at higher rates, despite the fact that the fear of divine retribution strengthens their relationships (I find the notion that we should behave because God will punish us for not doing so objectionable as well, but that is a subjective matter).


That's, of course, because the Arkansians worship a false God. It follows logically from the data you've given above.
Statanist through and through.
Evilutionist Atheist Crusadjihadist. "Darwinu Akhbar! Dawkins vult!"
Founder of the NSG Peace Prize Committee.
I'm back.
SUMMER, BLOODY SUMMER!

User avatar
Moriskov
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1829
Founded: Jun 08, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Moriskov » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:28 am

Risottia wrote:
Moriskov wrote:Ах, дайте мне насладиться моментом .........идиотs всегда развлекает меня

"Oh, let me enjoy this moment... idiots always amuse me".

Yay, and I had to use the dictionary only for насладиться. 8)

Haha Виктори фер Морьской!
"Vengeance is like a ghost. It takes over every man it touches. It's thirst cannot be quenched, until the last man standing has fallen. You may be able to destroy me, but the beast will eventually come for you."
Vladimir Makarov
Osaea wrote:
Alowwvia wrote:And for every ATGM, there's a guy with a pistol that can kill him for much cheaper.


True. But can the guy with a pistol kill the tank? Only if he's Mattias Nilsson.

.............. \_▂▂▂████▄▄▂___
.........[█|||█████WOT PLAYER████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃▂
..__▂▄▅█████████████████████▄▃▂
I████Moriskov [1AR-R] - T-43 ██████████]
I████████████████████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲◤

Pronounced: Mor-skoj

User avatar
Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15048
Founded: Mar 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:28 am

Virabia wrote:You sir, are an idiot.

I concur.
Now mostly a politik discuss account.

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:28 am

Maynarden wrote:As this link shows, Arkansas had the second highest divorce rate of any state in 2005. Oklahoma had the fourth highest divorce rate. Also notice that every state with more than 5 divorces per 1,000 people in 2005 voted for Bush in 2004. Five out of the six also voted for McCain in 2008. Apparently the more religious are getting divorced at higher rates, despite the fact that the fear of divine retribution strengthens their relationships (I find the notion that we should behave because God will punish us for not doing so objectionable as well, but that is a subjective matter).


Your post is proof that cursory quantitative analysis is not substitute for careful examination of what you think you're responding too.

Consider that a few extra seconds examining what you're rebutting can save you minutes of looking up internet links.

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:30 am

Sungai Pusat wrote:
Virabia wrote:You sir, are an idiot.

I concur.


Of course. Its easier than reading.

User avatar
Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15048
Founded: Mar 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:30 am

RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Sungai Pusat wrote:
Virabia wrote:You sir, are an idiot.

I concur.


Of course. Its easier than reading.

I get your point easily. You are a christian, am I correct?
Now mostly a politik discuss account.

User avatar
Turan devleti
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 173
Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Turan devleti » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:31 am

because they do not have value system

User avatar
Vonners
Senator
 
Posts: 4525
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Vonners » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:32 am

RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Vonners wrote:Ahhh...Shahada and Genesis combo! Neat!


What version of Street Fighter are they on, now?

Great. Now I'm going to get fatwahed in the a'ass.


Who knows but its been around since like forever...but with regards the a'aas and fatwa..remember you have the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch...or at worst some sort of awl...
Beer - the other white meat

User avatar
Maynarden
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 7
Founded: Jul 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Maynarden » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:33 am

RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Maynarden wrote:As this link shows, Arkansas had the second highest divorce rate of any state in 2005. Oklahoma had the fourth highest divorce rate. Also notice that every state with more than 5 divorces per 1,000 people in 2005 voted for Bush in 2004. Five out of the six also voted for McCain in 2008. Apparently the more religious are getting divorced at higher rates, despite the fact that the fear of divine retribution strengthens their relationships (I find the notion that we should behave because God will punish us for not doing so objectionable as well, but that is a subjective matter).


Your post is proof that cursory quantitative analysis is not substitute for careful examination of what you think you're responding too.

Consider that a few extra seconds examining what you're rebutting can save you minutes of looking up internet links.


I know, but I thought it would be interesting to point out anyway. Guess I almost put the thread back on track, eh? ;)
Economic Left/Right: 8.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.46

User avatar
Risottia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 54181
Founded: Sep 05, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Risottia » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:34 am

Turan devleti wrote:because they do not have value system

You say so.

A typical atheist value system, like mine, would be:

1.Hail Statan the State Devil
2.Hail Myself
3.Get me Sex Androids
4.Get me Booze

You might not agree with it, but it's a value system.
Statanist through and through.
Evilutionist Atheist Crusadjihadist. "Darwinu Akhbar! Dawkins vult!"
Founder of the NSG Peace Prize Committee.
I'm back.
SUMMER, BLOODY SUMMER!

User avatar
Moriskov
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1829
Founded: Jun 08, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Moriskov » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:35 am

Risottia wrote:
Turan devleti wrote:because they do not have value system

You say so.

A typical atheist value system, like mine, would be:

1.Hail Statan the State Devil
2.Hail Myself
3.Get me Sex Androids
4.Get me Booze

You might not agree with it, but it's a value system.

Hmmm...... get rid of number 1 and we should be good to go ;)
"Vengeance is like a ghost. It takes over every man it touches. It's thirst cannot be quenched, until the last man standing has fallen. You may be able to destroy me, but the beast will eventually come for you."
Vladimir Makarov
Osaea wrote:
Alowwvia wrote:And for every ATGM, there's a guy with a pistol that can kill him for much cheaper.


True. But can the guy with a pistol kill the tank? Only if he's Mattias Nilsson.

.............. \_▂▂▂████▄▄▂___
.........[█|||█████WOT PLAYER████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃▂
..__▂▄▅█████████████████████▄▃▂
I████Moriskov [1AR-R] - T-43 ██████████]
I████████████████████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲◤

Pronounced: Mor-skoj

User avatar
Vonners
Senator
 
Posts: 4525
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Vonners » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:36 am

Sungai Pusat wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Sungai Pusat wrote:
Virabia wrote:You sir, are an idiot.

I concur.


Of course. Its easier than reading.

I get your point easily. You are a christian, am I correct?


:rofl:
Beer - the other white meat

User avatar
Lackadaisical2
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 50831
Founded: Mar 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Lackadaisical2 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:37 am

Vonners wrote:
Sungai Pusat wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Sungai Pusat wrote:
Virabia wrote:You sir, are an idiot.

I concur.


Of course. Its easier than reading.

I get your point easily. You are a christian, am I correct?


:rofl:

Its his second language, so its somehow excusable.
The Republic of Lanos wrote:Proud member of the Vile Right-Wing Noodle Combat Division of the Imperialist Anti-Socialist Economic War Army Ground Force reporting in.

User avatar
Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15048
Founded: Mar 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:38 am

Lackadaisical2 wrote:
Vonners wrote:
Sungai Pusat wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Sungai Pusat wrote:
Virabia wrote:You sir, are an idiot.

I concur.


Of course. Its easier than reading.

I get your point easily. You are a christian, am I correct?


:rofl:

Its his second language, so its somehow excusable.

Actually, i treat it as my first, not my second. You should see my chinese, it is like crap!
Now mostly a politik discuss account.

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:40 am

Sungai Pusat wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Sungai Pusat wrote:
Virabia wrote:You sir, are an idiot.

I concur.


Of course. Its easier than reading.

I get your point easily. You are a christian, am I correct?


On neither point. Reread.

User avatar
Vonners
Senator
 
Posts: 4525
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Vonners » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:40 am

Lackadaisical2 wrote:
Vonners wrote:
Sungai Pusat wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Sungai Pusat wrote:
Virabia wrote:You sir, are an idiot.

I concur.


Of course. Its easier than reading.

I get your point easily. You are a christian, am I correct?


:rofl:

Its his second language, so its somehow excusable.


you mean that wasn't satirical? :eyebrow:
Beer - the other white meat

User avatar
Ramsetia
Minister
 
Posts: 2759
Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramsetia » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:40 am

You know, it's really sad when people can't see satire.
Our national Embassy Programme: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30197
Our Standard Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30375&start=0
Our FT-specific Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=47987&start=0
My photobucket: http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n37/houseckatna/ speak, 'friend', and enter.

I do request-art for weapons, vehicles, and soldiers. Telegramme me for further details, or if you've given me a request that I seem to have forgotten.

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:42 am

Maynarden wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Maynarden wrote:As this link shows, Arkansas had the second highest divorce rate of any state in 2005. Oklahoma had the fourth highest divorce rate. Also notice that every state with more than 5 divorces per 1,000 people in 2005 voted for Bush in 2004. Five out of the six also voted for McCain in 2008. Apparently the more religious are getting divorced at higher rates, despite the fact that the fear of divine retribution strengthens their relationships (I find the notion that we should behave because God will punish us for not doing so objectionable as well, but that is a subjective matter).


Your post is proof that cursory quantitative analysis is not substitute for careful examination of what you think you're responding too.

Consider that a few extra seconds examining what you're rebutting can save you minutes of looking up internet links.


I know, but I thought it would be interesting to point out anyway. Guess I almost put the thread back on track, eh? ;)


No, you just preached to the choir while simultaneously (and needlessly) politicizing it. I can't stop you from doing that, but as the OP I can tell you that's not the actual track of the thread.

Oh, and wink or whatever.

User avatar
Risottia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 54181
Founded: Sep 05, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Risottia » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:42 am

Moriskov wrote:
Risottia wrote:
Turan devleti wrote:because they do not have value system

You say so.

A typical atheist value system, like mine, would be:

1.Hail Statan the State Devil
2.Hail Myself
3.Get me Sex Androids
4.Get me Booze

You might not agree with it, but it's a value system.

Hmmm...... get rid of number 1 and we should be good to go ;)


No way, I just invented him and I'm going to milk him for all it's worth!
Statanist through and through.
Evilutionist Atheist Crusadjihadist. "Darwinu Akhbar! Dawkins vult!"
Founder of the NSG Peace Prize Committee.
I'm back.
SUMMER, BLOODY SUMMER!

User avatar
Maurepas
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36403
Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:43 am

Risottia wrote:
Moriskov wrote:
Risottia wrote:
Turan devleti wrote:because they do not have value system

You say so.

A typical atheist value system, like mine, would be:

1.Hail Statan the State Devil
2.Hail Myself
3.Get me Sex Androids
4.Get me Booze

You might not agree with it, but it's a value system.

Hmmm...... get rid of number 1 and we should be good to go ;)


No way, I just invented him and I'm going to milk him for all it's worth!

Hail Statan!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: American Legionaries, Austria-Bohemia-Hungary, Eahland, Emotional Support Crocodile, Ethel mermania, Fartsniffage, Hispida, Informed Consent, Kanaia, San Lumen, The Huskar Social Union, The Selkie, Umeria, Valyxias, Vlodave, Wrixian Isles

Advertisement

Remove ads