NATION

PASSWORD

Why atheists have weak relationships, Christians strong ones

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Remove ads

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:45 am

Dagnia wrote:I think you are hilarious. Humor was your intent wasn't it?

On a more serious note, I think there may be some truth to that. As an atheist myself, I have had major problems with relationships. A big part of it I think is that good relationships are based on common values. There are many different types of atheism, from Ayn Rand's Objectivism (my own greatest intellectual influence), various types of Existentialism, a number of communist, socialist and anarchist philosophies that go beyond mere politics, Buddhism (technically an atheistic religion) and too many other philosophies to count. There are so few of us and so many types of atheism that finding a partner with both your value system as well as the more shallow things (looks, personal habits) is almost impossible. Christianity, whether it is Catholic, a hundred different Protestant denominations, a hundred different Eastern Orthodox denominations, Mormon, is all basically the same philosophy and value system. Christians have their values prefabricated for them, while atheists, thinking for themselves (for the most part, though I do know some people who follow the words of Marx, Nietzsche and even Ayn Rand with the same blind religious zeal as a Christian or Muslim), may not come to the same conclusion about some pretty fundamental things in life, even when they believe in the same basic philosophy.


But its precisely that pre-fabrication that I think warrants caution. Even within stringently well-defined doctrines, reasonable minds can differ. (Due to the contemplative nature of your response, I'll omit my four paragraph bitch-fest rant on how wives are not reasonable).

Atheists, on the other hand, must work out a common set of values and expectations that are specific to them. While I think you make a sound point that a common religion (or any other overlapping mentality) can and often do serve to support the relationship and allow for common ground, it is still externally developed.

Or, as DeVito once said, "Dog people should marry dog people and cat people should marry cat people". Seriously, though, I can see your point.

User avatar
Risottia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 49728
Founded: Sep 05, 2006
New York Times Democracy

Postby Risottia » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:46 am

RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:One of the many ways that Atheism is leading to the degradation of Western civilization and the decline of humanity in general is that Atheists have weak personal relationships


YOU LIE!

I'm an Atheist and I have the strongest personal relationship possible with my various sex androids.
And Statan, of course. That is the State Devil. I worship him and we make the beast with two backs every night.
Statanist through and through.
Evilutionist Atheist Crusadjihadist. "Darwinu Akhbar! Dawkins vult!"
Founder of the NSG Peace Prize Committee.
I'm back.

User avatar
Kotlas
Envoy
 
Posts: 286
Founded: Mar 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kotlas » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:48 am

The Sentenial Empire wrote:Im christian and even I'm offended by this...ugh

:lol: Look no further for proof of my previous post, Lacky!
"In the beginning, man created God." -Atheist proverb

"Faith is illogical and irrational belief in the impossible." -Unknown

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opiate of the masses." -Karl Marx

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand” -Milton Friedman

"The trouble with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money." -Margaret Thatcher

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:48 am

Logasiri wrote:Wouldn't an Atheist have a stronger relationship, taking into account they are more loyal to their spouse than a deity?


No, because mutual loyalty to a deity (or in the case of my wife and myself, loyalty to Pastor Lovelight who is the Messenger of God) is why we are loyal to one another. For example, Pastor Lovelight often takes my wife on weekend spiritual retreats to his monastic residence in Tahoe while I show my loyalty to God by washing and detailing his eleven Mercedes.

User avatar
Risottia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 49728
Founded: Sep 05, 2006
New York Times Democracy

Postby Risottia » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:48 am

The Nuclear Fist wrote:Either I just found the Omega Troll, or Fred Phelps is on NS.


Nah, it's Glenn Beck.
Statanist through and through.
Evilutionist Atheist Crusadjihadist. "Darwinu Akhbar! Dawkins vult!"
Founder of the NSG Peace Prize Committee.
I'm back.

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:49 am

The Sentenial Empire wrote:Im christian and even I'm offended by this...ugh


What's offensive about it?

User avatar
Techno-Soviet
Senator
 
Posts: 3785
Founded: Jan 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Techno-Soviet » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:49 am

SaintB wrote:I'm just gonna sit here and savor the moment before I inform people who lack a sense of humor of the truth.


I was lawling by the end of the second paragraph.
[align=center]Economic Tyranny/Libertarian: 6.38
Social Libertarian/Tyranny: -3.33

User avatar
Dream Control and Food
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 11
Founded: Feb 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dream Control and Food » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:51 am

ok HAHA my wife has a small penis. so?
Last edited by Dream Control and Food on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:51 am

Risottia wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:One of the many ways that Atheism is leading to the degradation of Western civilization and the decline of humanity in general is that Atheists have weak personal relationships


YOU LIE!

I'm an Atheist and I have the strongest personal relationship possible with my various sex androids.
And Statan, of course. That is the State Devil. I worship him and we make the beast with two backs every night.


Oh Statan, yea Statan, Statan you're my squeeze.

I know a Raelian guy who frequently tries to console my various miseries by informing me that sex androids will soon be available. Seriously.

User avatar
Logasiri
Diplomat
 
Posts: 502
Founded: Jul 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Logasiri » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:52 am

RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:One of the many ways that Atheism is leading to the degradation of Western civilization and the decline of humanity in general is that Atheists have weak personal relationships, as opposed to the abiding and adamantine bonds between loving Christians.

I don't see how Atheist's marrying is "degrading" western civilization as you say.
For example, Christ commands us to love our neighbors, so we do.

Tell that to the Atheists, Secularists, Homosexuals, and pretty much everyone who is not a Christian.

Christian history is replete with affable coexistence, and to this day, there is not a single border between Christian nations that requires armed guard. From Northern Ireland to the Maginot Line, from Germany to Poland, from Mexico to America, the peace of Christ has rained a fiery barrage of tranquility down upon the blacked-out fortified bunkers of our neighborhoods.

American Border Patrol, UK Border Agency. They are armed, ready to repel illegal aliens if violence is necessary.
But on a far more important scale, Atheists have particularly failed at the second* most important relationship available to human beings: marriage. Marriage is what brings us together, today. And for Christians, it is a sacred bond, wherein a man is commanded to love and care for his wife and she is commanded to obey and make babies for him.

Man is not commanded to do anything. It all depends on hormones. Love and care are emotions caused by hormones. The will to make babies is caused by hormones.

If either fails in this most sacrosanct of duties, Jesus stands ready to punish them with eternal burning and flaying in hell, unless they have asked Jesus to forgive their sins, in which case Jesus just puts information on their credit report resulting in denial of financing for the purchase of appliances at Sears. This results in a truly loving bond.

Is it a sin not to have sex now? Isn't that ironic as Christians are rather hostile towards the idea of sex?
You atheists have to base your marriages on the specious and tenuous connections of mutual respect, regard, attraction, and happiness in your daily lives.

:palm: EXACTLY. Jesus Christ....
Without the supernatural chains of Heaven to keep you together in an unbreakable state of matrimony, you have to maintain your relationships with nothing but simple humane consideration, self-motivated co-operation, and sinfully experimental sex.

I think it is much better that you marry because you genuinely care about the person rather than because "God" told you.

You have to decide, every day, to really care for one another, in each moment, for yourselves and for each other. We Christians, on the other hand, stay together because God will spiritually ass-ram us if we divorce. THAT'S what you base a successful relationship on.

And yet statistics show that Atheists have a much less divorce rate than Christians

I urge all of you atheists here to abandon your willful and damning rejection of God, and if you're married, your spouse should do the same. For women, persuade your man that Jesus is the only way by respectfully requesting that he read the Bible to you. For men, just tell her you're both Christians now.

Not gonna happen

*(Remember, the most important relationship is between a person and Jesus Christ, their Lord and Savior. Scripturally, the relationship between Christ and his Church is like that of a Groom to his Bride, except Christ's love doesn't taper off a few years after the wedding, becoming emotionally distant and resentful as the Church gains weight (both literal and figurative) with the heaviness of unfulfilled expectation, and eventually Christ forgets to close his IM Chat session with an old girlfriend from high school, and the Church finds it and gets really pissed off, and even though Christ wasn't having an affair with her or anything, and hadn't even really touched her, the Church is angry because its still "emotional intimacy", so then Christ gets fed up with the Church's bullshit and really does have an affair with some 24 year old goth chick who works as a paralegal. Its not like that. Probably.)

A direct relationship with you and your spouse is STRONGER. Your argument has been debunked.
Last edited by Logasiri on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Now under new player Management

The Western Reaches wrote:
Kalasparata wrote:Got a problem with over crowding jails? No problem, we'll take the prisoners, for $100 each!

I'd send my entire military to you, but I think that's called invasion...
Imperial Domtopia wrote:Here's a joke for you: you're being shipped to the gulag. Har-dee-fucking-har. Who's laughing now?
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:The rivalry between tits and ass has reached new heights! :eek:

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:52 am

Dream Control and Food wrote:ok HAHA my wife has a small penis. so?


This is what you want your post to say...AFTER you edited it? Are you nine years old or something?

User avatar
Lackadaisical2
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 50827
Founded: Mar 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Lackadaisical2 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:53 am

Kotlas wrote:
The Sentenial Empire wrote:Im christian and even I'm offended by this...ugh

:lol: Look no further for proof of my previous post, Lacky!

Hes still not agreeing

>>
<<
The Republic of Lanos wrote:Proud member of the Vile Right-Wing Noodle Combat Division of the Imperialist Anti-Socialist Economic War Army Ground Force reporting in.

User avatar
Lithatrius
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1132
Founded: Jun 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Lithatrius » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:56 am

Hmm, my parents are both staunch atheists, have been married for 22 years, and their relationship is as strong as it was 25 years ago (when they first met)
~ Lithatrius



  • Houston Texans
  • New Jersey Devils
  • New York Mets
  • Memphis Grizzlies
  • Michigan Wolverines

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:57 am

Logasiri wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:One of the many ways that Atheism is leading to the degradation of Western civilization and the decline of humanity in general is that Atheists have weak personal relationships, as opposed to the abiding and adamantine bonds between loving Christians.

I don't see how Atheist's marrying is "degrading" western civilization as you say.
For example, Christ commands us to love our neighbors, so we do.

Tell that to the Atheists, Secularists, Homosexuals, and pretty much everyone who is not a Christian.

Christian history is replete with affable coexistence, and to this day, there is not a single border between Christian nations that requires armed guard. From Northern Ireland to the Maginot Line, from Germany to Poland, from Mexico to America, the peace of Christ has rained a fiery barrage of tranquility down upon the blacked-out fortified bunkers of our neighborhoods.

American Border Patrol, UK Border Agency. They are armed, ready to repel illegal aliens if violence is necessary.
But on a far more important scale, Atheists have particularly failed at the second* most important relationship available to human beings: marriage. Marriage is what brings us together, today. And for Christians, it is a sacred bond, wherein a man is commanded to love and care for his wife and she is commanded to obey and make babies for him.

Man is not commanded to do anything. It all depends on hormones. Love and care are emotions caused by hormones. The will to make babies is caused by hormones.

If either fails in this most sacrosanct of duties, Jesus stands ready to punish them with eternal burning and flaying in hell, unless they have asked Jesus to forgive their sins, in which case Jesus just puts information on their credit report resulting in denial of financing for the purchase of appliances at Sears. This results in a truly loving bond.

Is it a sin not to have sex now. Isn't that ironic as Christians are rather hostile towards the idea of sex?
You atheists have to base your marriages on the specious and tenuous connections of mutual respect, regard, attraction, and happiness in your daily lives.

:palm: EXACTLY. Jesus Christ....
Without the supernatural chains of Heaven to keep you together in an unbreakable state of matrimony, you have to maintain your relationships with nothing but simple humane consideration, self-motivated co-operation, and sinfully experimental sex.

I think it is much better that you marry because you genuinely care about the person rather than because "God" told you.

You have to decide, every day, to really care for one another, in each moment, for yourselves and for each other. We Christians, on the other hand, stay together because God will spiritually ass-ram us if we divorce. THAT'S what you base a successful relationship on.

And yet statistics show that Atheists have a much less divorce rate than Christians

I urge all of you atheists here to abandon your willful and damning rejection of God, and if you're married, your spouse should do the same. For women, persuade your man that Jesus is the only way by respectfully requesting that he read the Bible to you. For men, just tell her you're both Christians now.

Not gonna happen

*(Remember, the most important relationship is between a person and Jesus Christ, their Lord and Savior. Scripturally, the relationship between Christ and his Church is like that of a Groom to his Bride, except Christ's love doesn't taper off a few years after the wedding, becoming emotionally distant and resentful as the Church gains weight (both literal and figurative) with the heaviness of unfulfilled expectation, and eventually Christ forgets to close his IM Chat session with an old girlfriend from high school, and the Church finds it and gets really pissed off, and even though Christ wasn't having an affair with her or anything, and hadn't even really touched her, the Church is angry because its still "emotional intimacy", so then Christ gets fed up with the Church's bullshit and really does have an affair with some 24 year old goth chick who works as a paralegal. Its not like that. Probably.)

A direct relationship with you and your spouse is STRONGER. Your argument has been debunked
.


You're one of the bottom quartile ones that truly evoke wonder. You respond piece by piece, so you did technically "read" the OP...and you still don't get. It doesn't even help to remind you to read the OP, because in the least penetrating sense, you sort of did.

What if I were to suggest to you that your self-righteous and ostensibly informed response missed something critical? Could you truly consider that? Could you slow down and think? Even if you could, would you? Will you?

Try. Give me something about people to believe in.

User avatar
Gauntleted Fist
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10061
Founded: Aug 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauntleted Fist » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:58 am

The amount of people taking you seriously seems to be increasing as you make new threads, RNOPL.

User avatar
Maurepas
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36390
Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Maurepas » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:59 am

Logasiri wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:One of the many ways that Atheism is leading to the degradation of Western civilization and the decline of humanity in general is that Atheists have weak personal relationships, as opposed to the abiding and adamantine bonds between loving Christians.

I don't see how Atheist's marrying is "degrading" western civilization as you say.
For example, Christ commands us to love our neighbors, so we do.

Tell that to the Atheists, Secularists, Homosexuals, and pretty much everyone who is not a Christian.

Christian history is replete with affable coexistence, and to this day, there is not a single border between Christian nations that requires armed guard. From Northern Ireland to the Maginot Line, from Germany to Poland, from Mexico to America, the peace of Christ has rained a fiery barrage of tranquility down upon the blacked-out fortified bunkers of our neighborhoods.

American Border Patrol, UK Border Agency. They are armed, ready to repel illegal aliens if violence is necessary.
But on a far more important scale, Atheists have particularly failed at the second* most important relationship available to human beings: marriage. Marriage is what brings us together, today. And for Christians, it is a sacred bond, wherein a man is commanded to love and care for his wife and she is commanded to obey and make babies for him.

Man is not commanded to do anything. It all depends on hormones. Love and care are emotions caused by hormones. The will to make babies is caused by hormones.

If either fails in this most sacrosanct of duties, Jesus stands ready to punish them with eternal burning and flaying in hell, unless they have asked Jesus to forgive their sins, in which case Jesus just puts information on their credit report resulting in denial of financing for the purchase of appliances at Sears. This results in a truly loving bond.

Is it a sin not to have sex now? Isn't that ironic as Christians are rather hostile towards the idea of sex?
You atheists have to base your marriages on the specious and tenuous connections of mutual respect, regard, attraction, and happiness in your daily lives.

:palm: EXACTLY. Jesus Christ....
Without the supernatural chains of Heaven to keep you together in an unbreakable state of matrimony, you have to maintain your relationships with nothing but simple humane consideration, self-motivated co-operation, and sinfully experimental sex.

I think it is much better that you marry because you genuinely care about the person rather than because "God" told you.

You have to decide, every day, to really care for one another, in each moment, for yourselves and for each other. We Christians, on the other hand, stay together because God will spiritually ass-ram us if we divorce. THAT'S what you base a successful relationship on.

And yet statistics show that Atheists have a much less divorce rate than Christians

I urge all of you atheists here to abandon your willful and damning rejection of God, and if you're married, your spouse should do the same. For women, persuade your man that Jesus is the only way by respectfully requesting that he read the Bible to you. For men, just tell her you're both Christians now.

Not gonna happen

*(Remember, the most important relationship is between a person and Jesus Christ, their Lord and Savior. Scripturally, the relationship between Christ and his Church is like that of a Groom to his Bride, except Christ's love doesn't taper off a few years after the wedding, becoming emotionally distant and resentful as the Church gains weight (both literal and figurative) with the heaviness of unfulfilled expectation, and eventually Christ forgets to close his IM Chat session with an old girlfriend from high school, and the Church finds it and gets really pissed off, and even though Christ wasn't having an affair with her or anything, and hadn't even really touched her, the Church is angry because its still "emotional intimacy", so then Christ gets fed up with the Church's bullshit and really does have an affair with some 24 year old goth chick who works as a paralegal. Its not like that. Probably.)

A direct relationship with you and your spouse is STRONGER. Your argument has been debunked.

I told myself that I wasn't going to do something like this cause it felt like spamming the thread, as unfortunately it's usually filled by it.

But, really? I mean, I can understand just reading the title or the first line and still not getting it...But, you really dissected the whole post!? I mean, damn, :?

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:59 am

Lithatrius wrote:Hmm, my parents are both staunch atheists, have been married for 22 years, and their relationship is as strong as it was 25 years ago (when they first met)


Did you have a lot of books in your growing up? Did you get a chance to make little forts with them?

User avatar
Dream Control and Food
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 11
Founded: Feb 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dream Control and Food » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:59 am

i spelt wife wrong? and didn't read most of your dribble at the start, but love reading Ephesians, my mental age would be about 12 yes, i shall now bow down before your superior satire and intellect it was really funny man seriously, you should do more posts like this :palm:

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:00 am

Gauntleted Fist wrote:The amount of people taking you seriously seems to be increasing as you make new threads, RNOPL.


Yeah, check out Shanix above, or the real champ so far, Logasiri. Seriously, its simultaneously laughable and saddening.

User avatar
Logasiri
Diplomat
 
Posts: 502
Founded: Jul 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Logasiri » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:03 am

RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Logasiri wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:One of the many ways that Atheism is leading to the degradation of Western civilization and the decline of humanity in general is that Atheists have weak personal relationships, as opposed to the abiding and adamantine bonds between loving Christians.

I don't see how Atheist's marrying is "degrading" western civilization as you say.
For example, Christ commands us to love our neighbors, so we do.

Tell that to the Atheists, Secularists, Homosexuals, and pretty much everyone who is not a Christian.

Christian history is replete with affable coexistence, and to this day, there is not a single border between Christian nations that requires armed guard. From Northern Ireland to the Maginot Line, from Germany to Poland, from Mexico to America, the peace of Christ has rained a fiery barrage of tranquility down upon the blacked-out fortified bunkers of our neighborhoods.

American Border Patrol, UK Border Agency. They are armed, ready to repel illegal aliens if violence is necessary.
But on a far more important scale, Atheists have particularly failed at the second* most important relationship available to human beings: marriage. Marriage is what brings us together, today. And for Christians, it is a sacred bond, wherein a man is commanded to love and care for his wife and she is commanded to obey and make babies for him.

Man is not commanded to do anything. It all depends on hormones. Love and care are emotions caused by hormones. The will to make babies is caused by hormones.

If either fails in this most sacrosanct of duties, Jesus stands ready to punish them with eternal burning and flaying in hell, unless they have asked Jesus to forgive their sins, in which case Jesus just puts information on their credit report resulting in denial of financing for the purchase of appliances at Sears. This results in a truly loving bond.

Is it a sin not to have sex now. Isn't that ironic as Christians are rather hostile towards the idea of sex?
You atheists have to base your marriages on the specious and tenuous connections of mutual respect, regard, attraction, and happiness in your daily lives.

:palm: EXACTLY. Jesus Christ....
Without the supernatural chains of Heaven to keep you together in an unbreakable state of matrimony, you have to maintain your relationships with nothing but simple humane consideration, self-motivated co-operation, and sinfully experimental sex.

I think it is much better that you marry because you genuinely care about the person rather than because "God" told you.

You have to decide, every day, to really care for one another, in each moment, for yourselves and for each other. We Christians, on the other hand, stay together because God will spiritually ass-ram us if we divorce. THAT'S what you base a successful relationship on.

And yet statistics show that Atheists have a much less divorce rate than Christians

I urge all of you atheists here to abandon your willful and damning rejection of God, and if you're married, your spouse should do the same. For women, persuade your man that Jesus is the only way by respectfully requesting that he read the Bible to you. For men, just tell her you're both Christians now.

Not gonna happen

*(Remember, the most important relationship is between a person and Jesus Christ, their Lord and Savior. Scripturally, the relationship between Christ and his Church is like that of a Groom to his Bride, except Christ's love doesn't taper off a few years after the wedding, becoming emotionally distant and resentful as the Church gains weight (both literal and figurative) with the heaviness of unfulfilled expectation, and eventually Christ forgets to close his IM Chat session with an old girlfriend from high school, and the Church finds it and gets really pissed off, and even though Christ wasn't having an affair with her or anything, and hadn't even really touched her, the Church is angry because its still "emotional intimacy", so then Christ gets fed up with the Church's bullshit and really does have an affair with some 24 year old goth chick who works as a paralegal. Its not like that. Probably.)

A direct relationship with you and your spouse is STRONGER. Your argument has been debunked
.


You're one of the bottom quartile ones that truly evoke wonder. You respond piece by piece, so you did technically "read" the OP...and you still don't get. It doesn't even help to remind you to read the OP, because in the least penetrating sense, you sort of did.

What if I were to suggest to you that your self-righteous and ostensibly informed response missed something critical? Could you truly consider that? Could you slow down and think? Even if you could, would you? Will you?

Try. Give me something about people to believe in.

I don't believe in 'people' as you say. That is a vast generalization. I think of it like this. I believe in my 'friends' so to speak, because they believe in me, and are not as critical of me. I do not believe in my enemies because they do not believe in my and are critical of me.

I do not believe in God because his followers do not believe in me and are critical of my skepticism and my social, political and civil beliefs. Therefore, I do no believe in him, in the sense of trust. Why would I trust someone, who I do not believe in, in my relationship? I should be able to believe in myself and believe in my girl to make it work. If I have to believe in God for it to work, it's not strong whatsoever.
Now under new player Management

The Western Reaches wrote:
Kalasparata wrote:Got a problem with over crowding jails? No problem, we'll take the prisoners, for $100 each!

I'd send my entire military to you, but I think that's called invasion...
Imperial Domtopia wrote:Here's a joke for you: you're being shipped to the gulag. Har-dee-fucking-har. Who's laughing now?
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:The rivalry between tits and ass has reached new heights! :eek:

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:03 am

Maurepas wrote:
Logasiri wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:One of the many ways that Atheism is leading to the degradation of Western civilization and the decline of humanity in general is that Atheists have weak personal relationships, as opposed to the abiding and adamantine bonds between loving Christians.

I don't see how Atheist's marrying is "degrading" western civilization as you say.
For example, Christ commands us to love our neighbors, so we do.

Tell that to the Atheists, Secularists, Homosexuals, and pretty much everyone who is not a Christian.

Christian history is replete with affable coexistence, and to this day, there is not a single border between Christian nations that requires armed guard. From Northern Ireland to the Maginot Line, from Germany to Poland, from Mexico to America, the peace of Christ has rained a fiery barrage of tranquility down upon the blacked-out fortified bunkers of our neighborhoods.

American Border Patrol, UK Border Agency. They are armed, ready to repel illegal aliens if violence is necessary.
But on a far more important scale, Atheists have particularly failed at the second* most important relationship available to human beings: marriage. Marriage is what brings us together, today. And for Christians, it is a sacred bond, wherein a man is commanded to love and care for his wife and she is commanded to obey and make babies for him.

Man is not commanded to do anything. It all depends on hormones. Love and care are emotions caused by hormones. The will to make babies is caused by hormones.

If either fails in this most sacrosanct of duties, Jesus stands ready to punish them with eternal burning and flaying in hell, unless they have asked Jesus to forgive their sins, in which case Jesus just puts information on their credit report resulting in denial of financing for the purchase of appliances at Sears. This results in a truly loving bond.

Is it a sin not to have sex now? Isn't that ironic as Christians are rather hostile towards the idea of sex?
You atheists have to base your marriages on the specious and tenuous connections of mutual respect, regard, attraction, and happiness in your daily lives.

:palm: EXACTLY. Jesus Christ....
Without the supernatural chains of Heaven to keep you together in an unbreakable state of matrimony, you have to maintain your relationships with nothing but simple humane consideration, self-motivated co-operation, and sinfully experimental sex.

I think it is much better that you marry because you genuinely care about the person rather than because "God" told you.

You have to decide, every day, to really care for one another, in each moment, for yourselves and for each other. We Christians, on the other hand, stay together because God will spiritually ass-ram us if we divorce. THAT'S what you base a successful relationship on.

And yet statistics show that Atheists have a much less divorce rate than Christians

I urge all of you atheists here to abandon your willful and damning rejection of God, and if you're married, your spouse should do the same. For women, persuade your man that Jesus is the only way by respectfully requesting that he read the Bible to you. For men, just tell her you're both Christians now.

Not gonna happen

*(Remember, the most important relationship is between a person and Jesus Christ, their Lord and Savior. Scripturally, the relationship between Christ and his Church is like that of a Groom to his Bride, except Christ's love doesn't taper off a few years after the wedding, becoming emotionally distant and resentful as the Church gains weight (both literal and figurative) with the heaviness of unfulfilled expectation, and eventually Christ forgets to close his IM Chat session with an old girlfriend from high school, and the Church finds it and gets really pissed off, and even though Christ wasn't having an affair with her or anything, and hadn't even really touched her, the Church is angry because its still "emotional intimacy", so then Christ gets fed up with the Church's bullshit and really does have an affair with some 24 year old goth chick who works as a paralegal. Its not like that. Probably.)

A direct relationship with you and your spouse is STRONGER. Your argument has been debunked.

I told myself that I wasn't going to do something like this cause it felt like spamming the thread, as unfortunately it's usually filled by it.

But, really? I mean, I can understand just reading the title or the first line and still not getting it...But, you really dissected the whole post!? I mean, damn, :?


Can you believe it? Honestly.

We actually have a human being here who is functional enough to find and post a link to the US Border patrol, yet couldn't grasp why those places were referenced. Its like having a anemone who can compose and send letters to the editor of a local newspaper, but the letters are still basically what you would expect from a sea anemone.

User avatar
Risottia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 49728
Founded: Sep 05, 2006
New York Times Democracy

Postby Risottia » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:03 am

RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Risottia wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:One of the many ways that Atheism is leading to the degradation of Western civilization and the decline of humanity in general is that Atheists have weak personal relationships


YOU LIE!

I'm an Atheist and I have the strongest personal relationship possible with my various sex androids.
And Statan, of course. That is the State Devil. I worship him and we make the beast with two backs every night.


Oh Statan, yea Statan, Statan you're my squeeze.

I know a Raelian guy who frequently tries to console my various miseries by informing me that sex androids will soon be available. Seriously.

That's because the poor guy lives on the wrong side of the pond.
I mean, seriously, look at Berlusconi. Do you think a REAL woman would want to have sex with him? Those girls around him are sex androids. It's sex androids all the time. State-owned sex androids... that's the real work of Statan.
Statanist through and through.
Evilutionist Atheist Crusadjihadist. "Darwinu Akhbar! Dawkins vult!"
Founder of the NSG Peace Prize Committee.
I'm back.

User avatar
Logasiri
Diplomat
 
Posts: 502
Founded: Jul 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Logasiri » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:04 am

Maurepas wrote:
Logasiri wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:One of the many ways that Atheism is leading to the degradation of Western civilization and the decline of humanity in general is that Atheists have weak personal relationships, as opposed to the abiding and adamantine bonds between loving Christians.

I don't see how Atheist's marrying is "degrading" western civilization as you say.
For example, Christ commands us to love our neighbors, so we do.

Tell that to the Atheists, Secularists, Homosexuals, and pretty much everyone who is not a Christian.

Christian history is replete with affable coexistence, and to this day, there is not a single border between Christian nations that requires armed guard. From Northern Ireland to the Maginot Line, from Germany to Poland, from Mexico to America, the peace of Christ has rained a fiery barrage of tranquility down upon the blacked-out fortified bunkers of our neighborhoods.

American Border Patrol, UK Border Agency. They are armed, ready to repel illegal aliens if violence is necessary.
But on a far more important scale, Atheists have particularly failed at the second* most important relationship available to human beings: marriage. Marriage is what brings us together, today. And for Christians, it is a sacred bond, wherein a man is commanded to love and care for his wife and she is commanded to obey and make babies for him.

Man is not commanded to do anything. It all depends on hormones. Love and care are emotions caused by hormones. The will to make babies is caused by hormones.

If either fails in this most sacrosanct of duties, Jesus stands ready to punish them with eternal burning and flaying in hell, unless they have asked Jesus to forgive their sins, in which case Jesus just puts information on their credit report resulting in denial of financing for the purchase of appliances at Sears. This results in a truly loving bond.

Is it a sin not to have sex now? Isn't that ironic as Christians are rather hostile towards the idea of sex?
You atheists have to base your marriages on the specious and tenuous connections of mutual respect, regard, attraction, and happiness in your daily lives.

:palm: EXACTLY. Jesus Christ....
Without the supernatural chains of Heaven to keep you together in an unbreakable state of matrimony, you have to maintain your relationships with nothing but simple humane consideration, self-motivated co-operation, and sinfully experimental sex.

I think it is much better that you marry because you genuinely care about the person rather than because "God" told you.

You have to decide, every day, to really care for one another, in each moment, for yourselves and for each other. We Christians, on the other hand, stay together because God will spiritually ass-ram us if we divorce. THAT'S what you base a successful relationship on.

And yet statistics show that Atheists have a much less divorce rate than Christians

I urge all of you atheists here to abandon your willful and damning rejection of God, and if you're married, your spouse should do the same. For women, persuade your man that Jesus is the only way by respectfully requesting that he read the Bible to you. For men, just tell her you're both Christians now.

Not gonna happen

*(Remember, the most important relationship is between a person and Jesus Christ, their Lord and Savior. Scripturally, the relationship between Christ and his Church is like that of a Groom to his Bride, except Christ's love doesn't taper off a few years after the wedding, becoming emotionally distant and resentful as the Church gains weight (both literal and figurative) with the heaviness of unfulfilled expectation, and eventually Christ forgets to close his IM Chat session with an old girlfriend from high school, and the Church finds it and gets really pissed off, and even though Christ wasn't having an affair with her or anything, and hadn't even really touched her, the Church is angry because its still "emotional intimacy", so then Christ gets fed up with the Church's bullshit and really does have an affair with some 24 year old goth chick who works as a paralegal. Its not like that. Probably.)

A direct relationship with you and your spouse is STRONGER. Your argument has been debunked.

I told myself that I wasn't going to do something like this cause it felt like spamming the thread, as unfortunately it's usually filled by it.

But, really? I mean, I can understand just reading the title or the first line and still not getting it...But, you really dissected the whole post!? I mean, damn, :?

Well I get bored at 1AM at night, and I really need something to do.
Now under new player Management

The Western Reaches wrote:
Kalasparata wrote:Got a problem with over crowding jails? No problem, we'll take the prisoners, for $100 each!

I'd send my entire military to you, but I think that's called invasion...
Imperial Domtopia wrote:Here's a joke for you: you're being shipped to the gulag. Har-dee-fucking-har. Who's laughing now?
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:The rivalry between tits and ass has reached new heights! :eek:

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:05 am

Logasiri wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Logasiri wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:One of the many ways that Atheism is leading to the degradation of Western civilization and the decline of humanity in general is that Atheists have weak personal relationships, as opposed to the abiding and adamantine bonds between loving Christians.

I don't see how Atheist's marrying is "degrading" western civilization as you say.
For example, Christ commands us to love our neighbors, so we do.

Tell that to the Atheists, Secularists, Homosexuals, and pretty much everyone who is not a Christian.

Christian history is replete with affable coexistence, and to this day, there is not a single border between Christian nations that requires armed guard. From Northern Ireland to the Maginot Line, from Germany to Poland, from Mexico to America, the peace of Christ has rained a fiery barrage of tranquility down upon the blacked-out fortified bunkers of our neighborhoods.

American Border Patrol, UK Border Agency. They are armed, ready to repel illegal aliens if violence is necessary.
But on a far more important scale, Atheists have particularly failed at the second* most important relationship available to human beings: marriage. Marriage is what brings us together, today. And for Christians, it is a sacred bond, wherein a man is commanded to love and care for his wife and she is commanded to obey and make babies for him.

Man is not commanded to do anything. It all depends on hormones. Love and care are emotions caused by hormones. The will to make babies is caused by hormones.

If either fails in this most sacrosanct of duties, Jesus stands ready to punish them with eternal burning and flaying in hell, unless they have asked Jesus to forgive their sins, in which case Jesus just puts information on their credit report resulting in denial of financing for the purchase of appliances at Sears. This results in a truly loving bond.

Is it a sin not to have sex now. Isn't that ironic as Christians are rather hostile towards the idea of sex?
You atheists have to base your marriages on the specious and tenuous connections of mutual respect, regard, attraction, and happiness in your daily lives.

:palm: EXACTLY. Jesus Christ....
Without the supernatural chains of Heaven to keep you together in an unbreakable state of matrimony, you have to maintain your relationships with nothing but simple humane consideration, self-motivated co-operation, and sinfully experimental sex.

I think it is much better that you marry because you genuinely care about the person rather than because "God" told you.

You have to decide, every day, to really care for one another, in each moment, for yourselves and for each other. We Christians, on the other hand, stay together because God will spiritually ass-ram us if we divorce. THAT'S what you base a successful relationship on.

And yet statistics show that Atheists have a much less divorce rate than Christians

I urge all of you atheists here to abandon your willful and damning rejection of God, and if you're married, your spouse should do the same. For women, persuade your man that Jesus is the only way by respectfully requesting that he read the Bible to you. For men, just tell her you're both Christians now.

Not gonna happen

*(Remember, the most important relationship is between a person and Jesus Christ, their Lord and Savior. Scripturally, the relationship between Christ and his Church is like that of a Groom to his Bride, except Christ's love doesn't taper off a few years after the wedding, becoming emotionally distant and resentful as the Church gains weight (both literal and figurative) with the heaviness of unfulfilled expectation, and eventually Christ forgets to close his IM Chat session with an old girlfriend from high school, and the Church finds it and gets really pissed off, and even though Christ wasn't having an affair with her or anything, and hadn't even really touched her, the Church is angry because its still "emotional intimacy", so then Christ gets fed up with the Church's bullshit and really does have an affair with some 24 year old goth chick who works as a paralegal. Its not like that. Probably.)

A direct relationship with you and your spouse is STRONGER. Your argument has been debunked
.


You're one of the bottom quartile ones that truly evoke wonder. You respond piece by piece, so you did technically "read" the OP...and you still don't get. It doesn't even help to remind you to read the OP, because in the least penetrating sense, you sort of did.

What if I were to suggest to you that your self-righteous and ostensibly informed response missed something critical? Could you truly consider that? Could you slow down and think? Even if you could, would you? Will you?

Try. Give me something about people to believe in.

I don't believe in 'people' as you say. That is a vast generalization. I think of it like this. I believe in my 'friends' so to speak, because they believe in me, and are not as critical of me. I do not believe in my enemies because they do not believe in my and are critical of me.

I do not believe in God because his followers do not believe in me and are critical of my skepticism and my social, political and civil beliefs. Therefore, I do no believe in him, in the sense of trust. Why would I trust someone, who I do not believe in, in my relationship? I should be able to believe in myself and believe in my girl to make it work. If I have to believe in God for it to work, it's not strong whatsoever.


Sigh...so that would be a "no", then.

Your posts continue to show you missed something, but I now realize its likely more an issue of ability than willingness.

Good luck, little anemone.

User avatar
Gauntleted Fist
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10061
Founded: Aug 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauntleted Fist » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:05 am

RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Gauntleted Fist wrote:The amount of people taking you seriously seems to be increasing as you make new threads, RNOPL.


Yeah, check out Shanix above, or the real champ so far, Logasiri. Seriously, its simultaneously laughable and saddening.

It is a burden on both mind and morale to know that people out there are so incapable of distinguishing humor from seriousness. Though the comic benefits of seeing the mistakes are somewhat alleviating.

PreviousNext

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arlenton, Baidu [Spider], Capita1ism, Chorea, Christian Bail, Chunmei, FranScotia, Galloism, Gregicstan, Ifreann, Jormengand, Kholdlands, Lost Memories, Lysset, Mechanisburg, Muthia, Ostroeuropa, Roskian Federation, Sulania, Taihei Tengoku, Telconi, The Batavia, The Holy Therns, The New California Republic, The Scarlet Eagle, United American Commomwealth, United Islamic Commonwealth, Vassenor, Yahoo [Bot]

Remove ads