NATION

PASSWORD

Why atheists have weak relationships, Christians strong ones

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:27 am

The Nuclear Fist wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
The Nuclear Fist wrote:
I haven't a clue what it is you're reffering to. Yes, I've seen atheist ruin relationships as well, if that is what you're getting at. But my basic point is that christianity does not keep people together. And even those such as yourself who DO stay in these 'relationships' as you in fact believe they are, the idea that god ass-ramming you for splitting up is the only thing keeping said people together, thoroughly disgusts me to my very core.


You could have stopped at the first four words there, and achieved a more apt description of yourself and your role in this discussion.


Hmm? Oh I very much so know what it is I am talking about. If I remember correctly, the name of this thread is 'Why atheists have weak relationships, Christians strong ones.' I merely stated that that statement was false.


Now try reading the entire OP, or at least read it more carefully.

User avatar
The Nuclear Fist
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33214
Founded: May 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nuclear Fist » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:27 am

Imsogone wrote:
The Nuclear Fist wrote:
Imsogone wrote:
The Nuclear Fist wrote::palm: :palm: :palm:

Holy shitcaking thunder fucks! Either I just found the Omega Troll, or Fred Phelps is on NS. But as for your rambling bullshit, I call bullshit. I've seen plenty oh christians ruin their relationships. If anything, christianity only serves to further drive a wedge between 2 relationship partners. And lets not even get into alternative relationships.


There are none so blind as those who will not see. :roll:


But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst.

See, I can quote shit too!


Yeah, you're quoting, but you're still not seeing. I suggest you go back and look at posts from some of the older (meaning been here longer) posters in this thread.


And what is it I'm not seeing, oh my Lemury friend.
[23:24] <Marquesan> I have the feeling that all the porn videos you watch are like...set to Primus' music, Ulysses.
Farnhamia wrote:You're getting a little too fond of the jerkoff motions.
And you touch the distant beaches with tales of brave Ulysses. . .
THE ABSOLUTTM MADMAN ESCAPES JUSTICE ONCE MORE

User avatar
Maurepas
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36403
Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:28 am

It's actually kind of sad that the real point behind this I've found to ring true in my experience. Still though, I totally lol'd alot, :rofl:

User avatar
Imsogone
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7280
Founded: Dec 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Imsogone » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:29 am

The Nuclear Fist wrote:
Imsogone wrote:
The Nuclear Fist wrote:
Imsogone wrote:
The Nuclear Fist wrote::palm: :palm: :palm:

Holy shitcaking thunder fucks! Either I just found the Omega Troll, or Fred Phelps is on NS. But as for your rambling bullshit, I call bullshit. I've seen plenty oh christians ruin their relationships. If anything, christianity only serves to further drive a wedge between 2 relationship partners. And lets not even get into alternative relationships.


There are none so blind as those who will not see. :roll:


But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst.

See, I can quote shit too!


Yeah, you're quoting, but you're still not seeing. I suggest you go back and look at posts from some of the older (meaning been here longer) posters in this thread.


And what is it I'm not seeing, oh my Lemury friend.


Ah, perhaps you are seeing the Swiftian satire.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Adams.

User avatar
Shanix
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5168
Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Shanix » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:30 am

No but in all seriousness, don't insult Atheists just because we don't believe there is a person above us that knows all and is all powerful. Just be the opposite of communist Russia- Let people believe and do as they wish
Just know when it's real and when it isn't.

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:30 am

SaintB wrote:
Shanix wrote:Might I remind you of the Crusades? When Christians thought it was a good idea to attempt to slaughter Muslims just because they lived in a play where a book says something happened? I'm athiest, been married 40 years. I don't think that's weak. And dude, get out of the stupid 1930s. There are these things man, they call them 'Women's rights'. They're so FREAKY MAN! They give women the choice of DOING STUFF! (And I doubt you will see any sarcasm in that). Oh, and Nazi's were Christian. So was Imperial Germany. So was the US when it slaughtered Native Americans. Christians can cause as many problems as anyone else, so don't say they are the 'peace loving, super tolerant' race that you make them to be.

But its been biologically proven that women have smaller feet as they have been intelligently designed by god to be able to stand closer to the stove and they have extra fat stores in their breasts so that they can spend more time shopping for food without needing a rest...


Dude the whole OP is meant as a joke; its a parody to make people laugh and possibly to make people think about the differences in values and maybe just maybe both parties should take a page out of each others book.


Let Shanix get it on their own, B!

Jesus, a Crusades and Nazi reference in one spurt, and people say I'm formulaic...

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:31 am

Shanix wrote:No but in all seriousness, don't insult Atheists just because we don't believe there is a person above us that knows all and is all powerful. Just be the opposite of communist Russia- Let people believe and do as they wish


Still? Really?

User avatar
Shanix
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5168
Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Shanix » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:32 am

RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
SaintB wrote:
Shanix wrote:Might I remind you of the Crusades? When Christians thought it was a good idea to attempt to slaughter Muslims just because they lived in a play where a book says something happened? I'm athiest, been married 40 years. I don't think that's weak. And dude, get out of the stupid 1930s. There are these things man, they call them 'Women's rights'. They're so FREAKY MAN! They give women the choice of DOING STUFF! (And I doubt you will see any sarcasm in that). Oh, and Nazi's were Christian. So was Imperial Germany. So was the US when it slaughtered Native Americans. Christians can cause as many problems as anyone else, so don't say they are the 'peace loving, super tolerant' race that you make them to be.

But its been biologically proven that women have smaller feet as they have been intelligently designed by god to be able to stand closer to the stove and they have extra fat stores in their breasts so that they can spend more time shopping for food without needing a rest...


Dude the whole OP is meant as a joke; its a parody to make people laugh and possibly to make people think about the differences in values and maybe just maybe both parties should take a page out of each others book.


Let Shanix get it on their own, B!

Jesus, a Crusades and Nazi reference in one spurt, and people say I'm formulaic...


Oh, I can make more references. I stopped myself and Nazi Crusaders (LOL)
Just know when it's real and when it isn't.

User avatar
Karsol
Senator
 
Posts: 4431
Founded: Jan 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Karsol » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:32 am

Lackadaisical2 wrote:
Karsol wrote:I am not christian yet I have never lost a friend...unless death or brain jellifying accidents are involved. :unsure:

Is that some kind of crazy homosexual sex act?

More like some crazy head meeting concrete after falling out a third story window after not checking if it was open when you tried to lean on it.
01010000 01100101 01101110 01101001 01110011 00100001 00100001 00100001
Ronald Reagan: "Well, what do you believe in? Do you want to abolish the rich?"
Olof Palme, the Prime Minister of Sweden: "No, I want to abolish the poor."

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.54

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:33 am

Shanix wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
SaintB wrote:
Shanix wrote:Might I remind you of the Crusades? When Christians thought it was a good idea to attempt to slaughter Muslims just because they lived in a play where a book says something happened? I'm athiest, been married 40 years. I don't think that's weak. And dude, get out of the stupid 1930s. There are these things man, they call them 'Women's rights'. They're so FREAKY MAN! They give women the choice of DOING STUFF! (And I doubt you will see any sarcasm in that). Oh, and Nazi's were Christian. So was Imperial Germany. So was the US when it slaughtered Native Americans. Christians can cause as many problems as anyone else, so don't say they are the 'peace loving, super tolerant' race that you make them to be.

But its been biologically proven that women have smaller feet as they have been intelligently designed by god to be able to stand closer to the stove and they have extra fat stores in their breasts so that they can spend more time shopping for food without needing a rest...


Dude the whole OP is meant as a joke; its a parody to make people laugh and possibly to make people think about the differences in values and maybe just maybe both parties should take a page out of each others book.


Let Shanix get it on their own, B!

Jesus, a Crusades and Nazi reference in one spurt, and people say I'm formulaic...


Oh, I can make more references. I stopped myself and Nazi Crusaders (LOL)


Is this the part where you pretend you got it from the beginning and try to be affable to cover yourself? Because that's the formula.

User avatar
Kotlas
Envoy
 
Posts: 286
Founded: Mar 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kotlas » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:33 am

RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:From Northern Ireland to the Maginot Line, from Germany to Poland, from Mexico to America, the peace of Christ has rained a fiery barrage of tranquility down upon the blacked-out fortified bunkers of our neighborhoods.

:rofl: You are a truly skilled satirist!

Seriously guys, his last bit was perhaps a little better concealed. This is obvious. Germany to Poland=German invasion of Poland, Mexico to America=Heavily guarded border, NI to the ML=Irish conflict between Protestants and Catholics (I don't know what it's called, okay?). An atheist fooled by this is an insult to atheism. What'd be amusing is some people agreeing with this guy (haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if anyone has).
"In the beginning, man created God." -Atheist proverb

"Faith is illogical and irrational belief in the impossible." -Unknown

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opiate of the masses." -Karl Marx

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand” -Milton Friedman

"The trouble with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money." -Margaret Thatcher

User avatar
Maurepas
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36403
Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:34 am

Kotlas wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:From Northern Ireland to the Maginot Line, from Germany to Poland, from Mexico to America, the peace of Christ has rained a fiery barrage of tranquility down upon the blacked-out fortified bunkers of our neighborhoods.

:rofl: You are a truly skilled satirist!

Seriously guys, his last bit was perhaps a little better concealed. This is obvious. Germany to Poland=German invasion of Poland, Mexico to America=Heavily guarded border, NI to the ML=Irish conflict between Protestants and Catholics (I don't know what it's called, okay?). An atheist fooled by this is an insult to atheism. What'd be amusing is some people agreeing with this guy (haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if anyone has).

That's when I busted out laughing too, :lol2:

User avatar
Lackadaisical2
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 50831
Founded: Mar 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Lackadaisical2 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:35 am

Kotlas wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:From Northern Ireland to the Maginot Line, from Germany to Poland, from Mexico to America, the peace of Christ has rained a fiery barrage of tranquility down upon the blacked-out fortified bunkers of our neighborhoods.

:rofl: You are a truly skilled satirist!

Seriously guys, his last bit was perhaps a little better concealed. This is obvious. Germany to Poland=German invasion of Poland, Mexico to America=Heavily guarded border, NI to the ML=Irish conflict between Protestants and Catholics (I don't know what it's called, okay?). An atheist fooled by this is an insult to atheism. What'd be amusing is some people agreeing with this guy (haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if anyone has).

I don't think anyone has, proving once again that the religious are far more intelligent than atheists ;)
The Republic of Lanos wrote:Proud member of the Vile Right-Wing Noodle Combat Division of the Imperialist Anti-Socialist Economic War Army Ground Force reporting in.

User avatar
Shanix
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5168
Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Shanix » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:36 am

RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
Shanix wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:
SaintB wrote:
Shanix wrote:Might I remind you of the Crusades? When Christians thought it was a good idea to attempt to slaughter Muslims just because they lived in a play where a book says something happened? I'm athiest, been married 40 years. I don't think that's weak. And dude, get out of the stupid 1930s. There are these things man, they call them 'Women's rights'. They're so FREAKY MAN! They give women the choice of DOING STUFF! (And I doubt you will see any sarcasm in that). Oh, and Nazi's were Christian. So was Imperial Germany. So was the US when it slaughtered Native Americans. Christians can cause as many problems as anyone else, so don't say they are the 'peace loving, super tolerant' race that you make them to be.

But its been biologically proven that women have smaller feet as they have been intelligently designed by god to be able to stand closer to the stove and they have extra fat stores in their breasts so that they can spend more time shopping for food without needing a rest...


Dude the whole OP is meant as a joke; its a parody to make people laugh and possibly to make people think about the differences in values and maybe just maybe both parties should take a page out of each others book.


Let Shanix get it on their own, B!

Jesus, a Crusades and Nazi reference in one spurt, and people say I'm formulaic...


Oh, I can make more references. I stopped myself and Nazi Crusaders (LOL)


Is this the part where you pretend you got it from the beginning and try to be affable to cover yourself? Because that's the formula.


Ha! Got it from the begining. No, I'm serious about these kinds of debates (90% of the time).
Just know when it's real and when it isn't.

User avatar
Alesyium
Envoy
 
Posts: 322
Founded: May 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Alesyium » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:36 am

I thought you were an horrendous troll before I got to about mid way through the OP, then I lol'd

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:37 am

Karsol wrote:
Lackadaisical2 wrote:
Karsol wrote:I am not christian yet I have never lost a friend...unless death or brain jellifying accidents are involved. :unsure:

Is that some kind of crazy homosexual sex act?

More like some crazy head meeting concrete after falling out a third story window after not checking if it was open when you tried to lean on it.


All homosexual acts are crazy. Crazy sinful!

God denounces the buttery ass plumbing and enthusiastic head delivery endemic amongst the homo-gays!

Repent! Repent, gay men, repent! Give up the turgid and throbbing ways of Sodom, and instead marry the chubby girl with a crush on you, and proceed to a lifetime of really awkward, unfulfilling, yet sin-free sex. Or as you'll come to think of it..."sex".

User avatar
Equimanthon
Diplomat
 
Posts: 589
Founded: May 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Equimanthon » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:37 am

Conserative Morality wrote:My God! Why can no one recognize satire this obvious?


Are you actually still surprised at NSG's huge sarcasm/satire/humour of any kind failings by now?
Eternal Yerushalayim wrote:Labour deserves the skeleton of Ramsay Macdonald as its leader.

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:39 am

Kotlas wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:From Northern Ireland to the Maginot Line, from Germany to Poland, from Mexico to America, the peace of Christ has rained a fiery barrage of tranquility down upon the blacked-out fortified bunkers of our neighborhoods.

:rofl: You are a truly skilled satirist!

Seriously guys, his last bit was perhaps a little better concealed. This is obvious. Germany to Poland=German invasion of Poland, Mexico to America=Heavily guarded border, NI to the ML=Irish conflict between Protestants and Catholics (I don't know what it's called, okay?). An atheist fooled by this is an insult to atheism. What'd be amusing is some people agreeing with this guy (haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if anyone has).


Thanks. If you really do like it, check earlier threads by RepentNowOrPayLater, or if you want some vintage shit, try threads by "Baldwin for Christ".

As for the Irish conflict, although particular intervals and their punctuating battles have various proper names, the strife in general has been euphemistically called "The Troubles". (Which to me sounds like something you use a tampon on, but that's what they call it.)
Last edited by RepentNowOrPayLater on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dagnia
Senator
 
Posts: 3924
Founded: Jul 27, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Dagnia » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:40 am

I think you are hilarious. Humor was your intent wasn't it?

On a more serious note, I think there may be some truth to that. As an atheist myself, I have had major problems with relationships. A big part of it I think is that good relationships are based on common values. There are many different types of atheism, from Ayn Rand's Objectivism (my own greatest intellectual influence), various types of Existentialism, a number of communist, socialist and anarchist philosophies that go beyond mere politics, Buddhism (technically an atheistic religion) and too many other philosophies to count. There are so few of us and so many types of atheism that finding a partner with both your value system as well as the more shallow things (looks, personal habits) is almost impossible. Christianity, whether it is Catholic, a hundred different Protestant denominations, a hundred different Eastern Orthodox denominations, Mormon, is all basically the same philosophy and value system. Christians have their values prefabricated for them, while atheists, thinking for themselves (for the most part, though I do know some people who follow the words of Marx, Nietzsche and even Ayn Rand with the same blind religious zeal as a Christian or Muslim), may not come to the same conclusion about some pretty fundamental things in life, even when they believe in the same basic philosophy.
The world's collective hypocrisy when it comes to trying to take a swipe at Russia when their own backyards are out of sorts knows no bounds.

User avatar
RepentNowOrPayLater
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RepentNowOrPayLater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:40 am

Alesyium wrote:I thought you were an horrendous troll before I got to about mid way through the OP, then I lol'd


You're still way ahead of a lot of champs here.

User avatar
Logasiri
Diplomat
 
Posts: 502
Founded: Jul 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Logasiri » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:43 am

Wouldn't an Atheist have a stronger relationship, taking into account they are more loyal to their spouse than a deity?
Now under new player Management

The Western Reaches wrote:
Kalasparata wrote:Got a problem with over crowding jails? No problem, we'll take the prisoners, for $100 each!

I'd send my entire military to you, but I think that's called invasion...
Imperial Domtopia wrote:Here's a joke for you: you're being shipped to the gulag. Har-dee-fucking-har. Who's laughing now?
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:The rivalry between tits and ass has reached new heights! :eek:

User avatar
Equimanthon
Diplomat
 
Posts: 589
Founded: May 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Equimanthon » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:44 am

Dagnia wrote:I think you are hilarious. Humor was your intent wasn't it?


No. He's totally serious.
Eternal Yerushalayim wrote:Labour deserves the skeleton of Ramsay Macdonald as its leader.

User avatar
The Sentenial Empire
Diplomat
 
Posts: 588
Founded: Aug 29, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sentenial Empire » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:44 am

Im christian and even I'm offended by this...ugh
Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.87
MEMBER OF THE GATESVILLE GUARD
NSEconomy
Military: 4.4% Population
93,500,000 Men and Women
Incident Level 1: Armed Conflict Imminent or Actively Occuring
"A decent plan now is better than a greater plan an hour from now."
Unibot wrote:First, what is a war-warmongering country? It sounds like an incredibly honorable thing, to declare yourself in a war against war at all times.
Waldo followers wrote:Cod wars?
sounds like a show on the discovery channel

User avatar
Kotlas
Envoy
 
Posts: 286
Founded: Mar 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kotlas » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:44 am

Lackadaisical2 wrote:
Kotlas wrote:
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:From Northern Ireland to the Maginot Line, from Germany to Poland, from Mexico to America, the peace of Christ has rained a fiery barrage of tranquility down upon the blacked-out fortified bunkers of our neighborhoods.

:rofl: You are a truly skilled satirist!

Seriously guys, his last bit was perhaps a little better concealed. This is obvious. Germany to Poland=German invasion of Poland, Mexico to America=Heavily guarded border, NI to the ML=Irish conflict between Protestants and Catholics (I don't know what it's called, okay?). An atheist fooled by this is an insult to atheism. What'd be amusing is some people agreeing with this guy (haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if anyone has).

I don't think anyone has, proving once again that the religious are far more intelligent than atheists ;)

Or perhaps it is the fact that even the most religious zealot wouldn't agree with this BS.
"In the beginning, man created God." -Atheist proverb

"Faith is illogical and irrational belief in the impossible." -Unknown

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opiate of the masses." -Karl Marx

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand” -Milton Friedman

"The trouble with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money." -Margaret Thatcher

User avatar
Equimanthon
Diplomat
 
Posts: 589
Founded: May 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Equimanthon » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:45 am

Logasiri wrote:Wouldn't an Atheist have a stronger relationship, taking into account they are more loyal to their spouse than a deity?


And it's that kind of attitude that gives you a one way ticket to Hell, matey.
Eternal Yerushalayim wrote:Labour deserves the skeleton of Ramsay Macdonald as its leader.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Austria-Bohemia-Hungary, Catholic America, Crylante, Eahland, Forsher, Grinning Dragon, Gun Manufacturers, Hispida, Ifreann, Informed Consent, Kannap, Kurnugia, Luna Amore, Minoa, Nepleslia, Phoenii, San Lumen, The Black Forrest, The Huskar Social Union, The United Penguin Commonwealth, Vassenor

Advertisement

Remove ads