NATION

PASSWORD

Military advice required.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Please read the OP.

Green Berets.
75%
Marine Corps.
25%

Total votes : 203

Call to power
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 13, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Call to power » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:40 am

Itailian Maifias wrote:Jealousy of what?! The Marines are one of the best groups in the world, who the fuck are you, some Iraqi terrorist?

source?
The Parkus Empire wrote:Theoretically, why would anyone put anytime into anything but tobacco, intoxicants and sex?

Vareiln wrote:My god, CtP is right...
Not that you haven't been right before, but... Aw, hell, you get what I meant.

Tubbsalot wrote:replace my opinions with CtP's.

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Itailian Maifias » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:41 am

Call to power wrote:
Itailian Maifias wrote:Jealousy of what?! The Marines are one of the best groups in the world, who the fuck are you, some Iraqi terrorist?

source?

Let me see the countless times Marines have won the war for us! The Pacific theather WWII, and right now in Iraq and Afghan
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
Your Local Peculiarity in the Southern Beta Quadrant
" You hypocritical Venetian bastard "
" Intentions pave a certain road, outcomes are what matter."
For Minnysota
Come here ya' Frenchie. The only Viking fan I ever liked.
For Reformed Britannia
Remember, remember the Plight of Sir Roberts
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:41 am

Call to power wrote:so how come this forum isn't full of yanks pissing and moaning about British infantry?

Starting to catch on, slowly, I see.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:43 am

Call to power wrote:
Caninope wrote:That has something to do with the percentage rates actually sent in...

because it has nothing to do with not taking cover when Terry is making shot at you as opposed to the US infantry that can perform tasks like checkpoints?

look I don't actually mind the USMC as a fighting force but when your going out making outlandish claims of being the best you had better have something to back that up rather than "hurr we are the best of the best" because people are gonna call you on it

I never said that. The difference is that a higher percentage of the USMC is sent, leading to a higher casualty rate.
I'm the Pope
Secretly CIA interns stomping out negative views of the US
Türkçe öğreniyorum ama zorluk var.
Winner, Silver Medal for Debating
Co-Winner, Bronze Medal for Posting
Co-Winner, Zooke Goodwill Award

Agritum wrote:Arg, Caninope is Captain America under disguise. Everyone knows it.
Frisivisia wrote:
Me wrote:Just don't. It'll get you a whole lot further in life if you come to realize you're not the smartest guy in the room, even if you probably are.

Because Caninope may be in that room with you.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Thankfully, we have you and EM to guide us to wisdom and truth, holy one. :p
Norstal wrote:What I am saying of course is that we should clone Caninope.

Call to power
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Call to power » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:47 am

Itailian Maifias wrote:Let me see the countless times Marines have won the war for us! The Pacific theather WWII, and right now in Iraq and Afghan

so now your downplaying the sacrifices made by everyone else? I asked for an actual source like say besting the FFL or something

Caninope wrote:I never said that. The difference is that a higher percentage of the USMC is sent, leading to a higher casualty rate.

that's not only incorrect but also nonsensical
Last edited by Call to power on Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Parkus Empire wrote:Theoretically, why would anyone put anytime into anything but tobacco, intoxicants and sex?

Marcurix
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 01, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Marcurix » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:58 am

Green Berets id say, give it a go and if you get in youll have something to be proud of. If not the Marines are a good backup.

thought id get in before it turns into a silly debate of people screaming how the USMC is supposedly the best of the best.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
-Voltaire

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-Winston Churchill

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
-Winston Churchill

Katonazag
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Katonazag » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:00 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:So today I was offered an application for the Green Berets. However, I was previously planning to switch to the Marine Corps.

Even if I take the application, there is a fucking incredible drop-out rate, so I probably couldn't get in. But maybe I should still try.

What's NSG's opinion? Green Berets or Marine Corps? Both highly badass.

Make sure you either get a college degree or certification in a trade skill before you get out, whichever you end up choosing. Your military career won't last forever. As far as GB vs. Marines, go GB. It's more exclusive.

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Postby Itailian Maifias » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:02 am

Call to power wrote:
Itailian Maifias wrote:Let me see the countless times Marines have won the war for us! The Pacific theather WWII, and right now in Iraq and Afghan

so now your downplaying the sacrifices made by everyone else? I asked for an actual source like say besting the FFL or something

Caninope wrote:I never said that. The difference is that a higher percentage of the USMC is sent, leading to a higher casualty rate.

that's not only incorrect but also nonsensical

Downplaying sacrifices by everyone else heh? I am a Army Ranger bud, I have been over sea's four times and lost my best friend, so do not tell me I am downplaying sacrifices! :mad:
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
For Minnysota
For Reformed Britannia
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Call to power
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Call to power » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:03 am

Katonazag wrote:Make sure you either get a college degree or certification in a trade skill before you get out, whichever you end up choosing. Your military career won't last forever. As far as GB vs. Marines, go GB. It's more exclusive.

this.

the amount of people who join the military for a career but then leave at a later date once they have had enough bullshit is astounding and only a fool would turn down the opportunity to pick up trade skills because of this

Itailian Maifias wrote:Downplaying sacrifices by everyone else heh? I am a Army Ranger bud, I have been over sea's four times and lost my best friend, so do not tell me I am downplaying sacrifices! :mad:

your downplaying sacrifices.

like seriously there is a limit to what you can boast and winning wars is not one of them
Last edited by Call to power on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Questers
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:03 am

I wouldn't go into the military unless it was in an officer position.
Restore the Crown

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Postby Itailian Maifias » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:04 am

Call to power wrote:
Itailian Maifias wrote:Downplaying sacrifices by everyone else heh? I am a Army Ranger bud, I have been over sea's four times and lost my best friend, so do not tell me I am downplaying sacrifices! :mad:

fuck off, you little twerp
For Minnysota
For Reformed Britannia
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Chazicaria
Minister

Founded: Jul 03, 2009

Postby Chazicaria » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:08 am

Try for the Green Berets and if that doesn't work out, you can still join the Marines!

Techno-Soviet
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Techno-Soviet » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:10 am

Special Forces gets you a college degree and a shitload more money because of hazard pay. Also, you get to wear the Special Forces Airborne tab.

/thread
[align=center]Economic Tyranny/Libertarian: 6.38
Social Libertarian/Tyranny: -3.33

Questers
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:11 am

Be a marine because then you could become chesty puller.
Restore the Crown

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Postby Itailian Maifias » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:12 am

Call to power wrote:
Katonazag wrote:Make sure you either get a college degree or certification in a trade skill before you get out, whichever you end up choosing. Your military career won't last forever. As far as GB vs. Marines, go GB. It's more exclusive.

this.

the amount of people who join the military for a career but then leave at a later date once they have had enough bullshit is astounding and only a fool would turn down the opportunity to pick up trade skills because of this

like seriously there is a limit to what you can boast and winning wars is not one of them

When people say the Marines won the Japanese war, it wasn't boasting it was the truth
Last edited by Itailian Maifias on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
For Minnysota
For Reformed Britannia
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Zeppy
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeppy » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:19 am

Sayeret Matkal.

Techno-Soviet
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Techno-Soviet » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:24 am

Questers wrote:Be a marine because then you could become chesty puller.

Damn.

I am beaten. Jarhead. Now.
Last edited by Techno-Soviet on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]Economic Tyranny/Libertarian: 6.38
Social Libertarian/Tyranny: -3.33

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:25 am

When are you going to join the anarchist militia? Enough taking orders. Be an army of one! ;)

Being a Green Beret will make you sound cooler and more popular then "just" being a marine.

So if you care about silly titles and stuff you would pick Green Beret. You may also be interested in comparing pay scales.

But seriously, go to the one you think will be most fun and remember, if Palin wins the 2012 presidency and orders you to shoot up a remote village of half naked mostly unarmed people always remember your propaganda (but always misapply it ;) )... JUST SAY NO!
Did you see a ghost?

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:29 am

Natapoc wrote:When are you going to join the anarchist militia? Enough taking orders. Be an army of one! ;)

Being a Green Beret will make you sound cooler and more popular then "just" being a marine.

So if you care about silly titles and stuff you would pick Green Beret. You may also be interested in comparing pay scales.

But seriously, go to the one you think will be most fun and remember, if Palin wins the 2012 presidency and orders you to shoot up a remote village of half naked mostly unarmed people always remember your propaganda (but always misapply it ;) )... JUST SAY NO!

:lol:

idk if nsg is such a good place for career advice. goodluck with either one you choose Parkus.

Kaputer
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kaputer » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:29 am

Hey guys stop arguing about what branch is the best because you would all be dead if the Air Force did not run the Nuclear Detterent.
"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater
War can't give life, it can only take it away.
Former Capitalist Paradise Delegate

Questers
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:30 am

Natapoc wrote:But seriously, go to the one you think will be most fun and remember, if Palin wins the 2012 presidency and orders you to shoot up a remote village of half naked mostly unarmed people always remember your propaganda (but always misapply it ;) )... JUST SAY NO!
Because Obama would never do that rite
Restore the Crown

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:31 am

Kaputer wrote:Hey guys stop arguing about what branch is the best because you would all be dead if the Air Force did not run the Nuclear Detterent.

:lol: brilliant.

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Postby Itailian Maifias » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:32 am

Kaputer wrote:Hey guys stop arguing about what branch is the best because you would all be dead if the Air Force did not run the Nuclear Detterent.

More like the Chair Force :p
For Minnysota
For Reformed Britannia
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Kaputer
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kaputer » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:32 am

Questers wrote:
Natapoc wrote:But seriously, go to the one you think will be most fun and remember, if Palin wins the 2012 presidency and orders you to shoot up a remote village of half naked mostly unarmed people always remember your propaganda (but always misapply it ;) )... JUST SAY NO!
Because Obama would never do that rite

Ya not like we have a capture or kill list. Or have stepped up special forces in the mountains of Pakistan. God if I was a green beret I wouldn't do anything Sarah Palin told me to do."
"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Kaputer
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kaputer » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:33 am

Itailian Maifias wrote:

More like the Chair Force :p

Buddy the Air Force has covered everyones asses since WW1 and we have died trying. Ya ever heard of the POW camps in Vietnam?
Barry Goldwater

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General