NATION

PASSWORD

Football Leagues

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aphrilia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 20, 2023
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aphrilia » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:19 pm

The Premier League definitely is currently the richest, and has the best quality of football. I'm a Manchester City fan, so make of that as you will. I have an odd view for football though, personally I can find 0-0 droughts interesting in a sense compared to others. While the quality of football has a heavy tie to the entertainment and value of a league and it's teams, it's not the end all be all. Lower league football is very entertaining at times compared to the top flight.

Other teams I support are LOSC Lille (Ligue 1), Inter Milan (Serie A), and Seattle Sounders (MLS (I honestly chose to support this team on a whim but grew to like them quite a bit)).
THE KINGDOM OF APHRILIA
A northwestern kingdom in a world more different than usual, a religion which gives one the immortality to time, and a well known affection to the world of sports accompanied by a current ruler who does not plan to give up the throne soon.

Formerly known as Atheara

Southwest Jebenica
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 27, 2024
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Southwest Jebenica » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 am

When I think about the number of the greatest clubs in each of the strongest leagues, I believe the highest number of big names pop up for the Premier League:
Liverpool
Manchester City
Manchester United
Arsenal
Chelsea

So they might be the best football league in the world.

Sumadia-Belgrade
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 12, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Sumadia-Belgrade » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:06 am

Regarding the Premier League, Manchester United won the championship 13 times, Manchester City 7, Chelsea 5, Arsenal 3, Liverpool 1, Blackburn Rovers 1, Leicester City 1.

La Liga: Real Madrid 35, Barcelona 27, Atletico Madrid 11,

Ligue 1 (French): PSG 11, Saint-Étienne 10, Marseille 9.
Libertarian irl, with sympathies for anarcho-capitalism. Supports diversity of different opinions, wanting society where everything can co-exist and be up for debate. If you look into markets, competition is always better than monopoly (only in a certain ideal case), so diversity of opinions, co-existance of different ideologies (as long as NAP isn't violated) and multipolarity in the world is what is achievable and where we should strive.

Sumadia-Belgrade
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 12, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Sumadia-Belgrade » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:57 am

Libertarian irl, with sympathies for anarcho-capitalism. Supports diversity of different opinions, wanting society where everything can co-exist and be up for debate. If you look into markets, competition is always better than monopoly (only in a certain ideal case), so diversity of opinions, co-existance of different ideologies (as long as NAP isn't violated) and multipolarity in the world is what is achievable and where we should strive.

Previous

Return to General