NATION

PASSWORD

World War 1, how would you craft the peace treaty? (READ ME)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Tabako
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 21, 2023
Left-wing Utopia

World War 1, how would you craft the peace treaty? (READ ME)

Postby Tabako » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:38 pm

NEW POLL
In order to vote, Click HERE! (updated for April, 2024)
Current map, white is undecided land grab
UPDATED: trice
Before Voting...

-The map is hand drawn on paint.net, it is choppy, I know, be understanding :bow:

-This is only the first nation to be under scrutiny, for future treaties please comment down below if you want to be TGed with new polls when they come out

-Discussions should be civil, on the current poll preferably and articulate

-The voting is also an experiment, similar to Simple History's ones on YT and of NS redraws Europe thread in F7, let's though avoid ultimate border gore

-The map and thought put into it, it isn't perfect and if I have forgotten things or maybe some border options do not make sense, I apologize

-Be sure to vote with one nation and carefully peruse all questions

-No heated debates, please reason your decisions

-Voting will stay opened for a period I consider "appropriate"

-Results will be published here, with a constant map update and a future reveal of all info (if Google forms allows me)

-I will do a rundown of how the peace goes after all treaties are signed, just as I think it'd go from here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For extra spice, people can use their nationality to be diplomats from a certain nation
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Onto the OP proper

To not have this shut down for vague OP, and keep it structured, here:
1. You can discuss about each poll, discussing what's the best course of action and whu
2. Discussions about how general peace would have been reached are welcomed
3. You can also discuss about various treaties, why or why shouldn't have existed, as well about various national movements and territorial gains

My position:

If I'd been in charge of the diplomatic discussions, I would have favored my own country to gain their historical lands and along Greater Romania real borders, I guess a bit of bias, less of nationalism and more of pure pragmatism to strengthen regional power. I'd favor though a balanced neutral approach to varied nations, with a lenience in mind for most powers, and even for those harshly punished, they should be punished to a certain extent.

Concrete put, Austria would still get dismantled, but not have such hefty economic punishments imposed on. Caucasian states would gain independence, with Armenia gaining Ottoman land. Kurds and Arabs would also gain their fair share of land, with Turkey favored by me to not lose much land. Maybe a bit of European land, like Edirne.

Greece would gain Cyprus and most isles, with Arabs gaining large portion of land, although I feel it would be too unstable, leaving thus space for an independent Iraq and Syria if not for a united second arab state. Palestine would either stay so or be a multicultural state where both Jews and Arabs would hold equal footing through an Entente backed Republic.

Ottomans/Turks should be punished, but I feel a moderate punishment to allow their further existence and a stop to Russian strength in the region.

Older Polls:
Click HERE![/size] for one on Ottoman Empire, peace of Lyon
Last edited by Tabako on Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:51 pm, edited 7 times in total.
PROUD TABAKI FOOTSOLDIER
Farea Land is my ex-main nation
Religious value, Political values, Marxist somehow?, Egalitarian
Game info:
Flag of Tabako/Azucar up close
Tabako is also known as Islas de Azucar, due to it's past sugarcane plantations run by slave owners up to early 19th century
Tabako is a set of islands replacing the Canary Islands.

Other puppets: True Heaven, Islas de Azucar, North Red Vietnam, South Yellow Vietnam, Canton-Hainan, Farea Land, Tova-2075, Lodamun, Daro, this one and

Flag idea for Canton-Hainan

God bless you :)

Tabako
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tabako » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:39 pm

PROUD TABAKI FOOTSOLDIER
Game info:
Tabako is also known as Islas de Azucar, due to it's past sugarcane plantations run by slave owners up to early 19th century

Other puppets: True Heaven, Islas de Azucar, North Red Vietnam, South Yellow Vietnam, Canton-Hainan, Farea Land, Tova-2075, Lodamun, Daro, this one and

Lollipop Torture Force
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 15, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Lollipop Torture Force » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:18 pm

Fun, go ahead and put me on the notify list.
Our undenied Head Of State Deprex Michael Sindar Growls VOICE OF THE SPAWN
It is better to rest in peace in the warm body of a friend than in the ground.
Yes, we have a fact book, No it isn't required reading but it is much improved and for those keeping track new species have been added.
We are a Dominion of many species. My responses could be from anyone of them at any time. A hotdog is a taco which is a sandwich which means hotdogs are sandwiches.
The revolution of the shinny cannot be unmended before the turning of the dial. Parade the profane for the the tunnel of the sky between your heart and break the mended before the twist of the tilt.

Tabako
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tabako » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:42 pm

At around 20 answers I ll move it to next poll
PROUD TABAKI FOOTSOLDIER
Game info:

Tabako
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tabako » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:34 am

/bump
PROUD TABAKI FOOTSOLDIER
Game info:

Kerwa
Minister

Founded: Jul 24, 2021
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Kerwa » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:59 am

I’d not have reparations and I would ban the US from lending money to Germany.

Kreigsreich of Iron
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 11, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kreigsreich of Iron » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:08 am

I would reduce Germany to a shadow of its former self. The Brits and the Yanks were far too lenient at Versailles. The oceans of French blood spilt should have been avenged. I believe that all Central Power states ought to be carved up and occupied, and their former citizens should each pay individual reparations to all of the families who lost their sons to the aggression which Germany and Austria initiated. After a century or so, the Entente would reconvene to consider installing puppet states with heavy war debt.

Less realistically, I would also consider creating something like the Hunger Games.
NS Stats are canon, except for Capitalism, Slavery, and WA membership. FT robot « edgy hyperdictarship »
According to this index, a .5 class civilisation
Archconservative French imperialist struggling with a NSG addiction.
« Nil inultum remanebit »
I reserve the right to/still me for any reason whatsoever.
Pronouns are he/him/his.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:18 am

No reparations
Split up Germany into its piece parts
Keep France out of Vietnam
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Lans Isles
Envoy

Founded: Dec 13, 2023
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lans Isles » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:55 am

If it goes like I want it, there will be many changes.
-L-A-N-S--N-E-W-S-

|Council Elections in one week! "I will not be running, I will be racing", says Councilman of Agriculture.||Councilman of Industry resigns, factory owners in peril.|

Trump Almighty
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 07, 2022
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Trump Almighty » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:13 am

Since we sacrificed our lives for freedom since day one of the Great War, and Britain and France didn’t join in until the last few months, I believe America should be given all of Germany, Austria Hungary, Bulgaria, and the Ottoman Empire
Rosie O’Donnell is Fat!
“She went to my wedding. She had lots and lots of cake, and I'll tell you what, she is a terrible human being.”

Cosgirnia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 14, 2024
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosgirnia » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:14 am

Trump Almighty wrote:Since we sacrificed our lives for freedom since day one of the Great War, and Britain and France didn’t join in until the last few months, I believe America should be given all of Germany, Austria Hungary, Bulgaria, and the Ottoman Empire

You got it a little backward there bruv.
Quasi-insane lib arguing with strangers on the internet

Lans Isles
Envoy

Founded: Dec 13, 2023
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lans Isles » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:16 am

Trump Almighty wrote:Since we sacrificed our lives for freedom since day one of the Great War, and Britain and France didn’t join in until the last few months, I believe America should be given all of Germany, Austria Hungary, Bulgaria, and the Ottoman Empire

Get your facts right Trump!
-L-A-N-S--N-E-W-S-

|Council Elections in one week! "I will not be running, I will be racing", says Councilman of Agriculture.||Councilman of Industry resigns, factory owners in peril.|

Montibuse
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 02, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Montibuse » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:27 am

If I made the treaty, I would probably give Poland it's pre-WW2 lands along with Mazury-Warmia and Kaliningrad. As a bonus, I would probably give them Gdansk and the Khmelnytskyi Oblast in Ukraine. From there I would give some places like Nauru or Mariana to the USA. Rhineland is demilitarized for 6 years and the economic sanctions are not as much focused on Germany because they did not start it, but Austria will suffer from it. Germany army reduced, but not as much. Germany, Austria, Turkey and Bulgaria, along with other Central Powers members, enter non-aggression pacts with the Entente. Combined rebuilding effort with each participant. Yugoslavia is made, but each ethnicity gets very high autonomy. Referendum held to see if Slovakia and Czechia want to form Czechoslovakia. German colonies are given more autonomy and freedom. Ottoman Arabia is independent with Israel founded in.. Israel as a state for Muslims, Christians and Jews. Blah blah nothing else I can think of.
Heavy: "I am Heavy Weapons Guy... and this [grabs Sasha] is my weapon."
how dare they
You are invited to The GARFIELD.
Pretty interesting documentary here

Kreigsreich of Iron
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kreigsreich of Iron » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:19 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War ... of_the_war
NS Stats are canon, except for Capitalism, Slavery, and WA membership. FT robot « edgy hyperdictarship »
Pronouns are he/him/his.

Tabako
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tabako » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:17 pm

Well, those are quite the takes. Anyway, viewed the polls, 12 votes so far. (hopefully more to come, it's fun)

Border gore is minimal, but it's starting to be a problem LOL.

----

As for the opinions, why would Kreigsreich of Iron want to overly punish people like that? This seems to be counter productive to the peace efforts, especially hastening radical national and fascistic movements. The peace treaties put on already were too humiliating in my opinion. Although, the bulk of sanctions and such should be carried by Germany and Ottomans, Ottomans due to their colonial lands that need to be freed, while for Germany because it put most war effort for Central Powers, by far.

Lana Isles, what changes would you do? You are a bit vague with that short statement..

Montibuse, when the German poll comes around you can vote to give Poland extensive territory in Europe :)
PROUD TABAKI FOOTSOLDIER
Game info:

Forest Passage
Secretary

Founded: Jan 06, 2024
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest Passage » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:20 pm

Give the entire world to France

Kreigsreich of Iron
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kreigsreich of Iron » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:22 pm

Forest Passage wrote:Give the entire world to France

I agree completely.
Pronouns are he/him/his.

Montibuse
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Montibuse » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:23 pm

France would mess shit up within a week and the world would beat up France.
how dare they

Parouty
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 28, 2023
New York Times Democracy

Postby Parouty » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:23 pm

Tabako wrote:Well, those are quite the takes. Anyway, viewed the polls, 12 votes so far. (hopefully more to come, it's fun)

----

As for the opinions, why would Kreigsreich of Iron want to overly punish people like that? This seems to be counter productive to the peace efforts, especially hastening radical national and fascistic movements. The peace treaties put on already were too humiliating in my opinion. Although, the bulk of sanctions and such should be carried by Germany and Ottomans, Ottomans due to their colonial lands that need to be freed, while for Germany because it put most war effort for Central Powers, by far.

Lana Isles, what changes would you do? You are a bit vague with that short statement..

Montibuse, when the German poll comes around you can vote to give Poland extensive territory in Europe :)

A lot of the ottoman empire goes to Greece.
_[' ]_
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
hat bunno

Tabako
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tabako » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:23 pm

Well, let's be bit more serious..
PROUD TABAKI FOOTSOLDIER
Game info:

Parouty
Spokesperson

New York Times Democracy

Postby Parouty » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:24 pm

Tabako wrote:Well, let's be bit more serious..

I am attempting to keep border gore to a minimum.
_[' ]_
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
hat bunno

Parouty
Spokesperson

New York Times Democracy

Postby Parouty » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:25 pm

Tabako wrote:Well, let's be bit more serious..

Also, Caucasian state.
_[' ]_
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
hat bunno

Montibuse
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Montibuse » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:25 pm

Tabako wrote:Well, those are quite the takes. Anyway, viewed the polls, 12 votes so far. (hopefully more to come, it's fun)

----

The poll wont let me in lol
how dare they

Forest Passage
Secretary

Founded: Jan 06, 2024
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest Passage » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:26 pm

Montibuse wrote:

France would mess shit up within a week and the world would beat up France.

You underestimate France

Kreigsreich of Iron
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kreigsreich of Iron » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:27 pm

----

As for the opinions, why would Kreigsreich of Iron want to overly punish people like that? I spelled it out. The sons of France killed in that barbaric war must be avenged.This seems to be counter productive to the peace efforts, especially hastening radical national and fascistic movements. Ah, but the beauty of my plan is that we occupy the lands, thus preventing these fascist movements from taking root.The peace treaties put on already were too humiliating in my opinion. I beg to differ. Hitler couldn’t become Führer of Germany if there was no Germany.Although, the bulk of sanctions and such should be carried by Germany and Ottomans, Ottomans due to their colonial lands that need to be freed,I’m not going to start a debate about colonialism. while for Germany because it put most war effort for Central Powers, by far.

Pronouns are he/him/his.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General