NATION

PASSWORD

The Politics of Nudity

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Is it OK to post on NSG while naked?

Yes
72%
NEVER, NOT IN 40,000 MILLENIUMS
28%

Total votes : 29

Arval Va
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Arval Va » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:04 pm

GuessTheAltAccount wrote:And I doubt it's just a Canadian thing, from how much I see it in American pop culture.

What, you mean fictionalised accounts of high school life recounted by adults who last entered a school 60 years ago?
NATIONAL NEWS
Údhámvaer Oamvólól Arvalail: Cuon-Variovoal Ml. vapródhuith i gio marthoio amvafól érvósial | Málaosúodh Mv. cónmavórith úóniu ó máfrothor tiá maereth síl | Tua mardhohoídh voróe Párvodhasiavoról umvaorith tá eohoth goros | Ú iaodhrómóvoloal córvotho Coruices vadhrómith Dhuristihír amvás
National Report Arval: Dr. John Wario dies at the age of 72 | Arbiter Ahúmardh vindicated from wife's claims of adultery | The National Council's head chef attacked by large fishes | Minor volcanic eruption in Corui kills 3 tourists
FACTBOOK
ASEXUAL, ATHEIST, ANNOYANCE | HE/THEY | NSTATS NON-CANON

Dreria
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 16, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Dreria » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:01 am

if there was not so much fat people I would agree that we should be a bit more relaxed
white boys love to sit on an improvised couch

Heavenly Assault
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Heavenly Assault » Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:26 am

EuroStralia wrote:Nudity should be banned for health and for human decency.

Please explain why you feel this way.

GuessTheAltAccount
Minister

Founded: Apr 27, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby GuessTheAltAccount » Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:17 am

Arval Va wrote:
GuessTheAltAccount wrote:And I doubt it's just a Canadian thing, from how much I see it in American pop culture.

What, you mean fictionalised accounts of high school life recounted by adults who last entered a school 60 years ago?

What does the number of years that have passed have to do with anything? Are you implying that only old people watch anything depicting high school, or are you implying the writers' views matter at all when they're just catering to consumer demand anyway?

Customer demand for sitcoms suggests customer demand for at least a kernel of truth to its portrayal. If they wanted full fledged fantasy they'd watch full fledged fantasy.
Bombadil wrote:My girlfriend wanted me to treat her like a princess, so I arranged for her to be married to a stranger to strengthen our alliance with Poland.

GuessTheAltAccount
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby GuessTheAltAccount » Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:25 am

Arval Va wrote:Re: an incident described in the article I cited (abridged for the sake of PG-13)

A young male named Kako was blocking a female named Leslie from crossing a branch, while both were crossing over it. Leslie pushed him, but Kako being inexperienced in climbing, dug in. Leslie then ganwed on his hand, and he still did not move. Finally, she used sexual contact to calm him, and they both moved forward.

Again, you cannot prove analogous things are not happening among human beings.

Arval Va wrote:Bonobos don't use it with committed partners. They often use sexual contact with anyone before the risk of conflict over food or resources even emerges.

Someone doesn't have to be a committed partner to owe child support, so I'm not sure how this is relevant.

Arval Va wrote:Just a clarification, considering you didn't seem to process the behaviour of bonobos I was describing, as outlined in that article.

I very specifically pointed out that even the NSA doesn't claim to have 24/7 surveillance of every dorm room. If you weren't sure where I was going with that, you should have asked.

Arval Va wrote:Of course political polls can be influenced by public pressure, though I would say this generally exaggerates that risk; but political polls are irrelevant in determining what constitutes normal human behaviour. That's the realm of anthropology, archaeology, and psychology.

Each of which, like political science, boil down to human nature itself. What puts a question mark on incentives for honesty within these fields puts a question mark on incentives for honesty within the others.
Bombadil wrote:My girlfriend wanted me to treat her like a princess, so I arranged for her to be married to a stranger to strengthen our alliance with Poland.

Arval Va
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arval Va » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:09 am

GuessTheAltAccount wrote:
Arval Va wrote:What, you mean fictionalised accounts of high school life recounted by adults who last entered a school 60 years ago?

What does the number of years that have passed have to do with anything? Are you implying that only old people watch anything depicting high school, or are you implying the writers' views matter at all when they're just catering to consumer demand anyway?

Customer demand for sitcoms suggests customer demand for at least a kernel of truth to its portrayal. If they wanted full fledged fantasy they'd watch full fledged fantasy.

I'm saying that the standard for "teen movie" as made by major companies are very loosely based on the school environment of the American 60s and 70s. The depictions of "school politics" in these films are generally very outdated and fantastical. Also, how are sitcoms relevant here?
NATIONAL NEWS
Údhámvaer Oamvólól Arvalail: Cuon-Variovoal Ml. vapródhuith i gio marthoio amvafól érvósial | Málaosúodh Mv. cónmavórith úóniu ó máfrothor tiá maereth síl | Tua mardhohoídh voróe Párvodhasiavoról umvaorith tá eohoth goros | Ú iaodhrómóvoloal córvotho Coruices vadhrómith Dhuristihír amvás
National Report Arval: Dr. John Wario dies at the age of 72 | Arbiter Ahúmardh vindicated from wife's claims of adultery | The National Council's head chef attacked by large fishes | Minor volcanic eruption in Corui kills 3 tourists
FACTBOOK

Arval Va
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arval Va » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:23 am

Arval Va wrote:Re: an incident described in the article I cited (abridged for the sake of PG-13)

A young male named Kako was blocking a female named Leslie from crossing a branch, while both were crossing over it. Leslie pushed him, but Kako being inexperienced in climbing, dug in. Leslie then ganwed on his hand, and he still did not move. Finally, she used sexual contact to calm him, and they both moved forward.

Again, you cannot prove analogous things are not happening among human beings.

If you want to propose that an average human would have sex with another during a road dispute between them, the burden of proof is on you. If highway sex between angry motorists was as normal as you suggest, you wouldn't have to resort to "Well, you can't prove it doesn't happen sometimes in some unspecified location!"

Arval Va wrote:Bonobos don't use it with committed partners. They often use sexual contact with anyone before the risk of conflict over food or resources even emerges.

Someone doesn't have to be a committed partner to owe child support, so I'm not sure how this is relevant.

Humans generally need to be in some sort of sexual or romantic relationship to have children together. What you fail to grasp here is that bonobos will use sexual contact as reconciliation with other bonobos just as humans might reconcile in speech or other gestures, with fellow community members; bonobos don't have that prerequisite of existing relationships of that type. The situations aren't really comparable.

Arval Va wrote:Of course political polls can be influenced by public pressure, though I would say this generally exaggerates that risk; but political polls are irrelevant in determining what constitutes normal human behaviour. That's the realm of anthropology, archaeology, and psychology.

Each of which, like political science, boil down to human nature itself. What puts a question mark on incentives for honesty within these fields puts a question mark on incentives for honesty within the others.

Archaeologists don't interview bones. Unless, of course, you're arguing that peer review and academic consensus are non-entities, in which case we need to turn to philosophy. Considering your distaste for well-established scientific fields on the basis that people can lie, I doubt you'd enjoy that.
Last edited by Arval Va on Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
NATIONAL NEWS
FACTBOOK

GuessTheAltAccount
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby GuessTheAltAccount » Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:36 pm

Arval Va wrote:I'm saying that the standard for "teen movie" as made by major companies are very loosely based on the school environment of the American 60s and 70s.

If that differed from now, wouldn't there be demand from younger viewers for something more reflective of modern day?

Arval Va wrote:If you want to propose that an average human would have sex with another during a road dispute between them, the burden of proof is on you.

No it isn't. The burden of justification is on those who seek to stray from the status quo.

The context of this conversation was whether or not humans could "de-sexualize" nudity. I pointed out that our evolutionary cousins are raging horndogs despite supposedly being accustomed to naked bodies. Even human beings risk ruining their whole lives by having sex before they're done school, much less can afford children as it is, and that's before we've normalized nudity. Given that risk, they haven't a leg to stand on in condemning road-rage-defusing public sex between strangers on the highway.

Arval Va wrote:Humans generally need to be in some sort of sexual or romantic relationship to have children together.

No they don't. Any woman can impregnate herself off a random man and raise the kid herself with his child support money. If people really had a problem with that, they'd treat "he promised he'd stay" and "he didn't promise he'd stay" very differently for the purposes of how much of that money is owed by him and how much is owed by the state.

Arval Va wrote:Archaeologists don't interview bones. Unless, of course, you're arguing that peer review and academic consensus are non-entities

False dichotomy. I'm arguing that the peer review process is just as beholden to the biases of the public that is funding one's peers as the original study was.

Arval Va
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arval Va » Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:45 pm

Arval Va wrote:I'm saying that the standard for "teen movie" as made by major companies are very loosely based on the school environment of the American 60s and 70s.

If that differed from now, wouldn't there be demand from younger viewers for something more reflective of modern day?

Those films are frequently criticised for their lack of realism, yes. The genre of the traditional "teen movie" in general is waning.

Arval Va wrote:If you want to propose that an average human would have sex with another during a road dispute between them, the burden of proof is on you.

No it isn't. The burden of justification is on those who seek to stray from the status quo.

You made a truth claim about the status quo. Substantiate it. I'm simply questioning your interpretation of what the status quo is.

The context of this conversation was whether or not humans could "de-sexualize" nudity. I pointed out that our evolutionary cousins are raging horndogs despite supposedly being accustomed to naked bodies. Even human beings risk ruining their whole lives by having sex before they're done school, much less can afford children as it is, and that's before we've normalized nudity. Given that risk, they haven't a leg to stand on in condemning road-rage-defusing public sex between strangers on the highway.

And my point here is that our evolutionary cousins (who actually diverged from chimps after us) don't engage in sex because of lust, but because it's an effective method of social cohesion for them. I personally don't like nudity, though I recognise a person's right to express themselves in that way; I just object to genetic reasoning in regard to human society. I don't think road-rage sex is somehow especially bad compared to other ways of expressing anger at motorists (as long as it's consensual), I'm just pointing out that it's highly uncommon and is not proven to be part of the human social status quo.

Arval Va wrote:Humans generally need to be in some sort of sexual or romantic relationship to have children together.

No they don't. Any woman can impregnate herself off a random man and raise the kid herself with his child support money. If people really had a problem with that, they'd treat "he promised he'd stay" and "he didn't promise he'd stay" very differently for the purposes of how much of that money is owed by him and how much is owed by the state.

To "impregnate herself off a man" and get child support she first needs to be having sex with him. This is a specific relationship already requiring sex involved. A more accurate comparison to average bonobo use of sexual contact would be the examples provided in the article, which it should be noted that they don't have that prerequisite of sex. Like having an orgy with some minor acquaintances just so everybody gets in the mood to share the cake evenly, no lust involved.

Arval Va wrote:Archaeologists don't interview bones. Unless, of course, you're arguing that peer review and academic consensus are non-entities

False dichotomy. I'm arguing that the peer review process is just as beholden to the biases of the public that is funding one's peers as the original study was.

That's effectively what you're saying. Taking a study's conclusions at face value without scrutinising its process is unwise, but to assume that academic peer reviewers are so dishonest as to invalidate the entire fields of archaeology, anthropology, linguistics, sociology, and psychology is plainly idiotic. If that is truly the case, then shouldn't biology be invalidated as well, and your genetic reasoning be put into equal question? If testable, repeatable psychological experiments like Skinner's box are invalid because peer reviewers all have a mob with pitchforks clamouring outside their offices, shouldn't biological findings about human nature be disregarded too?
Last edited by Arval Va on Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NATIONAL NEWS
FACTBOOK

EuroStralia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 28, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby EuroStralia » Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:54 pm

Heavenly Assault wrote:
EuroStralia wrote:Nudity should be banned for health and for human decency.

Please explain why you feel this way.

Walking around naked in big cities or rural towns leaves the most sensative parts of your body exposed with can cause damage or lead to infections.

Kennedy 2024 Trump 2024
Union of States of America wrote:now, whenever I read a post by EuroStralia, I for some strange reaon hear it in Tucker Carlson's voice. :eyebrow:

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:56 pm

EuroStralia wrote:
Heavenly Assault wrote:Please explain why you feel this way.

Walking around naked in big cities or rural towns leaves the most sensative parts of your body exposed with can cause damage or lead to infections.

Walking around clothed has the same chances.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Jubiloso
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 28, 2023

Postby Jubiloso » Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:59 pm

I wish I could be a nudist in real life. Alas though, I don't live close to any such nudist colonies, and I'll admit I have some concerns regarding the self-control of my male extremities. After all, I don't have any experience with being naked around other people. I also don't have a partner in real life, so even if I went to one, it would be done alone and likely be even more awkward. I suppose for now, my nudism will remain on the computer either through video games, or through NationStates issues and possibly future roleplays.

EuroStralia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby EuroStralia » Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:00 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
EuroStralia wrote:Walking around naked in big cities or rural towns leaves the most sensative parts of your body exposed with can cause damage or lead to infections.

Yes, but the possibility is reduced.

Kennedy 2024 Trump 2024
Union of States of America wrote:now, whenever I read a post by EuroStralia, I for some strange reaon hear it in Tucker Carlson's voice. :eyebrow:

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:01 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
EuroStralia wrote:Walking around naked in big cities or rural towns leaves the most sensative parts of your body exposed with can cause damage or lead to infections.

Not true, covering your butt keeps the pathogens away.

https://www.quora.com/Does-farting-spre ... -in-my-bed

.full disclosure: I am radically anti pants.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

EuroStralia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby EuroStralia » Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:05 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

.full disclosure: I am radically anti pants.

Why, what did pants ever do?

Kennedy 2024 Trump 2024

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:15 pm

EuroStralia wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:.full disclosure: I am radically anti pants.

Why, what did pants ever do?

To horrible to tell in these dark times.

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Heavenly Assault
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Heavenly Assault » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:44 am

EuroStralia wrote:
Heavenly Assault wrote:Please explain why you feel this way.

Right, that's the "health" part, now what about "decency"?

Rary
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 18, 2018

Postby Rary » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:46 am

Heavenly Assault wrote:

Right, that's the "health" part, now what about "decency"?

I don’t think people would like to see a penis when going shopping.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:50 am

Rary wrote:
Heavenly Assault wrote:Right, that's the "health" part, now what about "decency"?

If its a nice one, why not?

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Heavenly Assault
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Heavenly Assault » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:54 am

Rary wrote:
Heavenly Assault wrote:Right, that's the "health" part, now what about "decency"?

That's what I wanted to talk about. There's places where nudity should be restricted, like public transportation and inside private businesses (especially those pertaining to food) for practical reasons, but overall, there's no good argument against nudity for anywhere else that I can currently think of. I don't like seeing a lot of things, yet I do not advocate for their censorship/banning because that would be the result of personal fragility. "Because I don't like it" is not a valid excuse for trying to suppress the things that offend oneself.

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 09, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:10 am

Rary wrote:

'Less that's what you're shopping for, I guess.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
MTF transperson. She/her. Lives in Sweden.
Also, N A N A ! ! !
Gallade wrote:Love, cake, wine and banter. No greater meaning to life (〜^∇^)〜

Ethel mermania wrote:to therns is to transend the pettiness of the field of play into the field of dreams.

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:12 am

Heavenly Assault wrote:
Rary wrote:I don’t think people would like to see a penis when going shopping.

That's what I wanted to talk about. There's places where nudity should be restricted, like public transportation and inside private businesses (especially those pertaining to food) for practical reasons, but overall, there's no good argument against nudity for anywhere else that I can currently think of. I don't like seeing a lot of things, yet I do not advocate for their censorship/banning because that would be the result of personal fragility. "Because I don't like it" is not a valid excuse for trying to suppress the things that offend oneself.

I actually have a rule for evaluating people: Everybody should be able to name 5 things that they personally find immoral or disgusting but that they don't think the government should prevent other people from doing. If you can't, I find you sus.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017

Postby Stellar Colonies » Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:29 am

Page wrote:
Heavenly Assault wrote:That's what I wanted to talk about. There's places where nudity should be restricted, like public transportation and inside private businesses (especially those pertaining to food) for practical reasons, but overall, there's no good argument against nudity for anywhere else that I can currently think of. I don't like seeing a lot of things, yet I do not advocate for their censorship/banning because that would be the result of personal fragility. "Because I don't like it" is not a valid excuse for trying to suppress the things that offend oneself.

I actually have a rule for evaluating people: Everybody should be able to name 5 things that they personally find immoral or disgusting but that they don't think the government should prevent other people from doing. If you can't, I find you sus.

Prostitution, kissing, some drugs, toplessness, and most sexual fetishes.
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:50 am

Page wrote:
Heavenly Assault wrote:That's what I wanted to talk about. There's places where nudity should be restricted, like public transportation and inside private businesses (especially those pertaining to food) for practical reasons, but overall, there's no good argument against nudity for anywhere else that I can currently think of. I don't like seeing a lot of things, yet I do not advocate for their censorship/banning because that would be the result of personal fragility. "Because I don't like it" is not a valid excuse for trying to suppress the things that offend oneself.

Fundamentalism, adultery, pig meat, 10 million dollar homes, most drugs.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

GuessTheAltAccount
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby GuessTheAltAccount » Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:55 am

Arval Va wrote:Those films are frequently criticised for their lack of realism, yes.

According to whom, and are we certain they don't have their own incentives to lie?

I'm under no illusion TV is right about everything, the question is simply what the alternative is.

Arval Va wrote:And my point here is that our evolutionary cousins (who actually diverged from chimps after us) don't engage in sex because of lust, but because it's an effective method of social cohesion for them.

These two are not mutually exclusive. He wouldn't so easily forget his grudge against the girl who bit him for taking too long to cross a branch if his desire to make love to her didn't in the moment outweigh that grudge.

Arval Va wrote:I personally don't like nudity, though I recognise a person's right to express themselves in that way

What exactly can one "say" via nudity that one cannot also "say" via other means?

Arval Va wrote:I don't think road-rage sex is somehow especially bad compared to other ways of expressing anger at motorists (as long as it's consensual), I'm just pointing out that it's highly uncommon and is not proven to be part of the human social status quo.

I was not saying that was the status quo. I'm saying that prohibition of nudity was the status quo, and yet, even under present circumstances, it is also the status quo that the desire for sexual pleasure is intense enough to motivate at least one of the sexes to risk ruining their whole lives if she falls pregnant and keeps the baby. If you wish to legitimize public nudity and risk taking people's desire for sexual pleasure even further to lead to perhaps yet-unknown harms, it's on you to say it won't do more harm than good. For such purposes our uncertainty as to whether or not road rage sex is occurring is the point, not whether or not I can prove it is.

But yeah, I'm not going to take on faith that people who take that risk for such a myriad of reasons and various combinations thereof would consider defusing road rage a completely off limits reason.

Arval Va wrote:That's effectively what you're saying. Taking a study's conclusions at face value without scrutinising its process is unwise, but to assume that academic peer reviewers are so dishonest as to invalidate the entire fields of archaeology, anthropology, linguistics, sociology, and psychology is plainly idiotic. If that is truly the case, then shouldn't biology be invalidated as well, and your genetic reasoning be put into equal question?

Biology is more so one of those "grey area" fields, given its ties with psychology through the medical sciences, but I would think the more directly medical side of biology has more incentive to get it right since they'd be in a lot more trouble for getting it wrong than for getting it right in a way that pisses the public off. Take anti-vaxxers. Frustrating as they are, even they don't get as pissed off over people disagreeing with them as people seem to over accusations that respondents are lying. (Well, depending on the survey and what respondents are saying, of course. For some survey results, the public will say "yeah, we think everyone else is lying too!") People are at least marginally closer to rational when the subject matter isn't as emotionally charged.

Arval Va wrote:If testable, repeatable psychological experiments like Skinner's box are invalid because peer reviewers all have a mob with pitchforks clamouring outside their offices, shouldn't biological findings about human nature be disregarded too?

You don't need a mob with pitchforks outside their offices any more than teachers need a mob with pitchforks outside the school board office to scare them out of saying how they really feel about a particular habitually violent student. Public services being beholden to the public entails being beholden to their biases too.

Genetic reasoning isn't perfect, but at least it circumvents this.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General