NATION

PASSWORD

The Food Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is the best crisp chip company?

Doritos
14%
Fritos
No votes
Lay's
14%
Tostitos
6%
Ruffles
6%
Pringles
19%
Cape Cod
19%
Utz
3%
Other?
19%
I don't like any chips/crisps/whatev!
No votes

Total votes : 36

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Tue May 30, 2023 5:23 pm

Sheizou wrote:
Katganistan wrote:No. Could be a texture thing for you; could be the liquidy-ness. Liking soup is not mandatory.

I love soup, especially on a cold day.

I also love a good soup, but I like my soup thicker, like a puree.

I love a nice thick chowder, but some thinner soups like wonton or miso soup are nice too.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

The Grand Fifth Imperium
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 11, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Fifth Imperium » Tue May 30, 2023 5:26 pm

To the 8 people who have voted to put milk before the cereal, I have this to say:

Well done! You will now be burned at the steak, and yes, I'm being searious. :rofl:
•I'm here primarily for the issues, although I like posting in General because Waffles truly are better than Pancakes.
NationStates hosts a Constitutional Convention
•On September 27, 2023 the United States declared independence from China.
•"Anyone who tells a lie has not a pure heart, and cannot make a good soup."— L. van Beethoven
•"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a foolish man speaks because he has to say something."—Plato
•Eight you're great; nine your mine.

Cerespasia
Diplomat

Founded: May 13, 2023

Postby Cerespasia » Tue May 30, 2023 10:42 pm

I believe in batter-coated deep fried beef steak supremacy.
Last edited by Cerespasia on Wed May 31, 2023 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
CERES IS BACK!
And I want some more..!
NSStats executed via full auto magdump from M55B Battle Rifle.
Current year: 19989 After Time. | Earthly equivalent: 2016 A.D.

Current flag: The stylized Standard of the Republic, feat. BDU'ed Henry.

Rary
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 18, 2018

Postby Rary » Wed May 31, 2023 1:01 pm

The milk is always poured in first.

TheKeyToJoy
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 08, 2022

Postby TheKeyToJoy » Wed May 31, 2023 2:50 pm

Rary wrote:The milk is always poured in first.

This argument is like did the chicken come first or the egg, we may never know.
My beliefs. Dogs and cats are both equal, racism is bad, Joe Mama jokes are funny, and TRR is better than any other region.

Kraven Prevails!

La Xinga
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Wed May 31, 2023 2:57 pm

Rary wrote:The milk is always poured in first.

Well, I don't put milk in cereal anyways; to me, it seems to be making perfectly fine grain pieces soggy, without a reason to.

If one is to be put in before the other, it seems clear to me that cereal should be put in first.
With cereal being put in first, you show that cereal is the main food, and then you subsequently attain the ability to control how much milk you wish to put in.
With milk being put in first, you show that milk is the main food, and then you subsequently attain the ability to control how much cereal you wish to put in.
Food Discussion Thread (II)
I use NS stats if I like them.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"[L]aw, without equity, though hard and disagreeable, is much more desirable for the public good, than equity without law;
which would make every judge a legislator, and introduce most infinite confusion.
"

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Wed May 31, 2023 4:19 pm

Sheizou wrote:
Katganistan wrote:No. Could be a texture thing for you; could be the liquidy-ness. Liking soup is not mandatory.

I love soup, especially on a cold day.

I also love a good soup, but I like my soup thicker, like a puree.

My mom makes a 'cream of zucchini' soup which is zucchini cooked down in chicken broth and garlic, salt and pepper.... then pureed with a stick blender, then topped with a dollop of sour cream when served.

It's delicious.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Wed May 31, 2023 6:08 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:For me, there's nothing else that makes my day like a belly-full of chicken biryani.

Oh, good choice. Chicken biryani is delicious.

I enjoy it, a little too much at times, I'll admit!

I try to limit it to 2-3 times a week when I'm going out of work to eat because... It can get a bit unhealthy at times, and I think I'll hate it if I actually have to eat it every day. ^^;
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:05 am

Valentine Z wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Oh, good choice. Chicken biryani is delicious.

I enjoy it, a little too much at times, I'll admit!

I try to limit it to 2-3 times a week when I'm going out of work to eat because... It can get a bit unhealthy at times, and I think I'll hate it if I actually have to eat it every day. ^^;

I have been on a Ramen noodle soup kick. Not the crap from the supermarket, but restaurant quality
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Sheizou
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 01, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Sheizou » Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:14 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:I enjoy it, a little too much at times, I'll admit!

I have been on a Ramen noodle soup kick. Not the crap from the supermarket, but restaurant quality

I love a good quality ramen, but I hate making it because my father used to force me to cook it every wednesday for 10 years straight. I would reccomend making it tho. Just buy the noodles. Making them can be hell.
everything is dying again
( I am not sciziophrenic, just in case)
Nation: sheizou
tier: 5
type: 5
class: 2.2

I have actually become an urban legend, that of lonely city rooftops. I have never done heroin, don't do heroin

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Cannot think of a name » Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:28 am

I was coming to simply celebrate my gradually improving smoothie and nacho making skills but now I find that people pour milk in the bowl before the cereal and I'm dumbfounded. This is like finding out that not everyone has an internal monologue/voice.

EDIT: Or right, the smoothies. I think I realized part of the viscosity issue was that I wasn't keeping it in the blender long enough because the sound annoyed me.

The nachos benefited from using chicken that was frozen during the Biden administration...
Last edited by Cannot think of a name on Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:54 pm

New poll now.

*yay*
Last edited by La Xinga on Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"[L]aw, without equity, though hard and disagreeable, is much more desirable for the public good, than equity without law;
which would make every judge a legislator, and introduce most infinite confusion.
"

Rivogna
Envoy

Founded: Jul 30, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Rivogna » Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:10 pm

The Grand Fifth Imperium wrote:Well done! You will now be burned at the steak, and yes, I'm being searious. :rofl:

These puns are so awful that I love them
        ★ ★ LA REPUBBLICA FEDERATIVA DI RIVOGNA ★   ★      
      Illuminazione attraverso la libertà e la comprensione!      

An Italian-speaking republic in Central America with an affinity for ravioli with peppers and beef

Overview | Map | OOC Information

 NEWS:   Why do mosquitoes still exist? "Genius and life-saving" mosquito catchers gaining popularity | 99.7% of Rivognans agree ravioli is sexy in new survey | "Oh, fuck! I think our feminine nation name is putting the user's gender in the wrong direction!" —Martino Bonardi | Rude Rivognans on your tour? Find out why they hate everybody

The Grand Fifth Imperium
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 11, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Fifth Imperium » Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:25 pm

Where's all the food? I can't live without vegetables, meat is necessary for protein, let us not forget starches, or fatty oils, or...

but I'll go with dairy because... cheese... cheese... cheese!... CHEEESE! is very gouda. But if you're allergic, lactose intolerant, or it's just nacho thing, you must caerphilly remove it from your meals. I feel like I've used these jokes before, but Limburger has a very pungent smell. Now, I dairy you to disagree with me, as La Xinga cries in the corner in disbrielief that I would bring back the cheese jokes.
Last edited by The Grand Fifth Imperium on Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
•I'm here primarily for the issues, although I like posting in General because Waffles truly are better than Pancakes.
NationStates hosts a Constitutional Convention
•On September 27, 2023 the United States declared independence from China.
•"Anyone who tells a lie has not a pure heart, and cannot make a good soup."— L. van Beethoven
•"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a foolish man speaks because he has to say something."—Plato
•Eight you're great; nine your mine.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:03 pm

The Grand Fifth Imperium wrote: Now, I dairy you to disagree with me, as La Xinga cries in the corner in disbrielief that I would bring back the cheese jokes.

I am already eggstremely sad that you find nothing batter to do then to creamate cheese puns.

See? I could do it too! Kinda......

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

The Holy Rat
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 16, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Holy Rat » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:13 pm

I Like Chicken

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:14 pm

The Holy Rat wrote:I Like Chicken

All types of chicken, sir rat?

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017

Postby Stellar Colonies » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:15 pm

agree
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:16 pm

You just took the first thing you saw, did you not?

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

The Holy Rat
Lobbyist

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Holy Rat » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:17 pm

La Xinga wrote:

All types of chicken, sir rat?

Irish Bord Bia approved chicken

The Holy Rat
Lobbyist

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Holy Rat » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:22 pm

La Xinga wrote:

You just took the first thing you saw, did you not?

Slander! I love chicken!

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:24 pm

The Holy Rat wrote:
La Xinga wrote:All types of chicken, sir rat?

Irish Bord Bia approved chicken

So perhaps you do not love all chicken, then.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

The Holy Rat
Lobbyist

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Holy Rat » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:27 pm

La Xinga wrote:
The Holy Rat wrote:Irish Bord Bia approved chicken

So perhaps you do not love all chicken, then.

Correct I am a 'Chicken Supremacist' good La Xinga.... or that's just because I have only eat Irish chicken

Rivogna
Envoy

Founded: Jul 30, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Rivogna » Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:32 pm

I like processed carbohydrates
        ★ ★ LA REPUBBLICA FEDERATIVA DI RIVOGNA ★   ★      
      Illuminazione attraverso la libertà e la comprensione!      

An Italian-speaking republic in Central America with an affinity for ravioli with peppers and beef

Overview | Map | OOC Information

 NEWS:   Why do mosquitoes still exist? "Genius and life-saving" mosquito catchers gaining popularity | 99.7% of Rivognans agree ravioli is sexy in new survey | "Oh, fuck! I think our feminine nation name is putting the user's gender in the wrong direction!" —Martino Bonardi | Rude Rivognans on your tour? Find out why they hate everybody

Mutualist Chaos
Envoy

Founded: Oct 16, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mutualist Chaos » Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:41 pm

re: poll - pasta just edges fish. Life without either would be dull, gray, depressing, and sad (in the Eeyore sense, rather than in the wailing tears sense). I can go extended periods due to both economic and health reasons, but it's like I imagine a military deployment being: my whole sense of time revolves around when I'll get to have one of them again the way a soldier might think of going home on leave.

Oh, and garlic. You can pry the cloves from my cold, dead hands.
In a truly free market, capitalism would be impossible

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General