NATION

PASSWORD

Which fast food chain is better: Chick-Fil-A or McDonald's?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Narland
Minister

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Anarchy

Postby Narland » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:55 pm

My personal opinion is very strong on this topic. If you are reading this and you are easily hurt by somebody not liking a clownshow, please stop reading now. If it is between McD and CFA I would rather go hungry. But if I were hungry enough, I would eat at CFA. At least they try to serve food.

I wouldn't feed McD to my worst enemy. Culled cattle not fit for prisoners; overly processed foodstuffs devoid of natural nutritives; key ingredients made from as much filler out of chemical concoctions designed to trick the mind and body to think one is eating food; and the cheapest foodstuffs and industrial chemical byproducts that can be made into commercial grade fat pills advertised as "fun," from what is cheaper for industrial corporations to package to consumers than dispose of in a landfill. Lobbying Congress to continue to destroy one of the (once) best Truth In Advertising laws the world had ever known to a farce such that one doesn't need to have hamburger in a hamburger to call it a hamburger. +3 generations brainwashed into thinking going to McDs is a treat. No thanks. The treat is being with family and friends.

Johnny Carson once made a joke that McDs had just announced that they had served 100,000,000 customers, and that tomorrow McDs will start serving the other side of the cow.
Last edited by Narland on Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:16 pm, edited 9 times in total.

American Legionaries
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 03, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby American Legionaries » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:01 pm

There's no Chik-fil-A nearby, so I've never eaten at one. That said I rarely go to McD's because In-n-Out exists.

The Grand Fifth Imperium
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 11, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Fifth Imperium » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:01 pm

the only thing good about mcdonals are the mcbiscuits and the hash browns. everything else tastes like highly processed garbage food. anything is better than mcdonalds (except burger king, which is about the same level)
•I'm here primarily for the issues, although I like posting in General because Waffles truly are better than Pancakes.
NationStates hosts a Constitutional Convention
•On September 27, 2023 the United States declared independence from China.
•"Anyone who tells a lie has not a pure heart, and cannot make a good soup."— L. van Beethoven
•"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a foolish man speaks because he has to say something."—Plato
•Eight you're great; nine your mine.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:03 pm

Hum Acans Karky wrote:McDonald's if i could i would eat there evey day of the week.

Look up pink slime. It will cure you of that.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

American Legionaries
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 03, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby American Legionaries » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:10 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Hum Acans Karky wrote:McDonald's if i could i would eat there evey day of the week.

I've never understood this sentiment. Why would this cure anyone of anything?

Narland
Minister

Anarchy

Postby Narland » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:20 pm

American Legionaries wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Technically, It can't. Pink slime isn't curative. It can only hasten one to an earlier grave. Hopefully that fact alone would cure one of the desire to acquire a taste for it.
Last edited by Narland on Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:25 pm

Narland wrote:
American Legionaries wrote:

Technically, It can't. Pink slime isn't curative. It can only hasten one to an earlier grave. Hopefully that fact alone would cure one of the desire to acquire a taste for it.

And it has many times.

When that first broke many years ago; my kid LOVED McDs. She stopped wanting it after that and has never eaten at one since. I remember other parents at the time saying their kids don’t want to go to McDs anymore. Don’t know if it stayed that way.

Still the guesstimated amount of kids turned off probably saw a business drop in our area.
Last edited by The Black Forrest on Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Theodores Tomfooleries
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 26, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Theodores Tomfooleries » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:31 pm

Mcdonald Ummm Mmm yummers
"Proletarians of the World, Unite! You Have Nothing to Lose but Your Chains!"

• Lover of Lenin, Charles Marcus and Men™ • Left-Leninist • Mentally unstable Queer
she/he/they

I write on iiWiki @here

Narland
Minister

Anarchy

Postby Narland » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:39 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Narland wrote:Technically, It can't. Pink slime isn't curative. It can only hasten one to an earlier grave. Hopefully that fact alone would cure one of the desire to acquire a taste for it.

And it has many times.

When that first broke many years ago; my kid LOVED McDs. She stopped after wanting it after that and has never eaten at one since. I remember other parents at the time saying their kids don’t want to go to McDs anymore. Don’t know if it staid that way.

Still the guesstimated amount of kids turned off probably saw a business drop in our area.

USDA still allows pink slime to be labelled as hamburger (when mixed into the foodstuff concoction labeled as "hamburger") by commercial entities (and not as a separate ingredient) if done in a certain manner. Public sentiment against the slime is the only thing stopping it from being used more extensively. Still, there is a calculated effort to ease more into the foodstuffs slowly over the decades because of the incestuous relationship with government agencies and corporate agribusiness. The best solution is to get to know your most local family farmers and ranchers buy directly from them and cut out the middlemen. At least they will be honest about what they are selling you.

Most Americans still think that hamburger is beef muscles with a little bit of the fat ground in when served processed hamburgers from a commercial entity. Congress screwed the American people over when they allowed commercial interests to call anything that met a certain texture to be called hamburger. In the 1970s Burger King used to have a sign prominently posted that "All Beef Patty" TM was a tradmarked foodstuff that contained up to 2/3 filler (itself a soy based concoction). The 1/3 that was beef was not necessarily beef muscle and fat alone, but was beef byproduct. And this "All Beef Patty" was what allowed them to call it a hamburger by law -- because Congress changed the laws so that you do not need hamburger in a hamburger to call it a hamburger. It just needs to meet certain expectations of what that type of sandwich might be in texture.

Think about that -- an all beef patty didn't even have to be all beef because it is a trademarked foodstuff, and that was the 1970s. Hamburger didn't need to be made out of hamburger, it just has to look like it. Think of how bad has gotten today.
Last edited by Narland on Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:41 pm

Raising Cane's is the superior fast chicken establishment
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:48 pm

New Kvenland wrote:Chick-fil-A is significantly better in terms of food. Hate to say it, but I gotta hand it to the homophobes on this one

There's always Raising Cane's if you want comparable chicken for less bigotry (or In-N-Out if you want actually good burgers)

Cane’s is far superior to CFA and McDonalds. Though i gotta say that Whataburger is better than In-N-Out.

In-N-Out is ok but I’d like it more if I wasn’t bombarded with religion every time I eat there

Hispida wrote:
New Kvenland wrote:Chick-fil-A is significantly better in terms of food. Hate to say it, but I gotta hand it to the homophobes on this one

There's always Raising Cane's if you want comparable chicken for less bigotry (or In-N-Out if you want actually good burgers)

recently got a cane's near me. have yet to try it, mostly because i don't go out of my way to get fast food. i get it whenever i have to eat at work and that's about it.

Cane’s is good.

It’s actually chicken so it one ups the others.
Last edited by Thermodolia on Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:48 pm

Thermodolia wrote:Raising Cane's is the superior fast chicken establishment

If we're opening it up to fast food chicken joints, El Pollo Loco all day long.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:55 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Hispida wrote:hey, taco bell's alright. it's cheap and the only place you can still get baja blast, the objectively best mountain dew flavor. their dorito shells are pretty fuckin' good.

i don't go there expecting a full tex-mex experience, because it's not tex-mex. it's decent food wrapped in dorito shells or breading that honestly barely counts as "mexican", and it's pretty good for what it is.

Being from California I'm overwhelmed with actual burrito places. So Taco Bell has to rely on being '4th meal', which is to say 'still open.'

I gotta agree. Here in AZ we’ve also got actual burrito places, one of which Filiberto’s is open 24hs, so I rarely go to a Taco Bell.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:55 pm

Chick-Fil-A's food is better but McDonald's is owned by slightly less evil people, Chick-Fil-A's service is way too over the top but McDonald's service is lacking. I guess I'll give the win to Chick-Fil-A since they don't fuck up orders nearly so often as McDonald's, but it would be nice if I can get a spicy chicken sandwich and hold the homophobia.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:57 pm

I’ve yet to go to one. Need to actually

Besides OP already opened it up to fast food chicken joints with CFA, they don’t serve burgers at CFA
Last edited by Thermodolia on Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:58 pm

Page wrote:Chick-Fil-A's food is better but McDonald's is owned by slightly less evil people, Chick-Fil-A's service is way too over the top but McDonald's service is lacking. I guess I'll give the win to Chick-Fil-A since they don't fuck up orders nearly so often as McDonald's, but it would be nice if I can get a spicy chicken sandwich and hold the homophobia.

Raising Cane’s exists. Good chicken sandwich with no homophobia.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Narland
Minister

Anarchy

Postby Narland » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:13 pm

I wish we still had one nearby. The local franchise owner spent her life savings buying an El Pollo Loco franchise. It was doing okay, but the city where she put it went out of their way to make running her business a living nightmare. The city management considered it too "low class" of an establishment for the neighborhood. She closed it down and is saving her money to start a restaurant in a more business friendly city.
Last edited by Narland on Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Narland
Minister

Anarchy

Postby Narland » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:13 pm

double post. sorry about that
Last edited by Narland on Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:13 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Being from California I'm overwhelmed with actual burrito places. So Taco Bell has to rely on being '4th meal', which is to say 'still open.'

I gotta agree. Here in AZ we’ve also got actual burrito places, one of which Filiberto’s is open 24hs, so I rarely go to a Taco Bell.

Yellow sign with a little cartoon guy on it? There's this whole...style of burrito bar in California where they have different but similar names and they all have about the same menu (more than just the normal mexican places all more or less have the same menu) that's like 40% sketchy feeling and 60% I don't care it's delicious. Like how I imagine people who go to Waffle House might feel?

Anyway, Filiberto's sounds like one of those...there's one called Alberto's down the street but they close at 9pm. But it's one of the only places I can get a proper Mission-style burrito. SoCal burritos are dominated by the meat tube style. Being from NorCal and living in San Francisco near the Mission for years I like my burritos to be a collection of nonsense. I need beans and cheese and sour cream and rice and whatever else they can stuff in there.

Oooo, this reminds me of a burrito bar near me when I lived in Union City, their super burrito could be placed on my forearm and it would go from my elbow to my finger tips. You had to be crazy stoned to eat it in one go. I did once and felt like I needed to hibernate for a day or two.

Man, I wish I hadn't just eaten some tuna sandwiches, I could go for an Alberto's burrito right about now.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017

Postby Stellar Colonies » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:13 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Page wrote:Chick-Fil-A's food is better but McDonald's is owned by slightly less evil people, Chick-Fil-A's service is way too over the top but McDonald's service is lacking. I guess I'll give the win to Chick-Fil-A since they don't fuck up orders nearly so often as McDonald's, but it would be nice if I can get a spicy chicken sandwich and hold the homophobia.

Raising Cane’s exists. Good chicken sandwich with no homophobia.

Unfortunately, none near me.
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:22 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:If we're opening it up to fast food chicken joints, El Pollo Loco all day long.

I’ve yet to go to one. Need to actually

Besides OP already opened it up to fast food chicken joints with CFA, they don’t serve burgers at CFA

I don't think El Pollo Loco does sandwiches. Or I don't care if they do because their roasted chicken meals and chicken nachos are delicious.
Narland wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:If we're opening it up to fast food chicken joints, El Pollo Loco all day long.

I wish we still had one nearby. The local franchise owner spent her life savings buying an El Pollo Loco franchise. It was doing okay, but the city where she put it went out of their way to make running her business a living nightmare as it was considered to "low class" a franchise for the neighborhood. She closed it down and is saving her money to start a restaurant in a more business friendly city.

That's so weird because I tend to think of them as the classy chicken joint. On the probably racist chicken joint scale of poverty I'd have put them on top. Like "El Pollo Loco, classy suburb. KFC, middle class. Popeye's, working poor neighborhood. Church's...lock your doors."

Maybe it's the Mexican part. I mean, you're getting three and four piece meals like a Popeye's or KFC but it's roasted chicken not fried, the sides are classier, and there is tortillas I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with so I use them to tear off bits of chicken.

I mean usually in the US when in doubt racism is probably a good bet.

New Kvenland
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Kvenland » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:23 pm

Hispida wrote:hey, taco bell's alright. it's cheap and the only place you can still get baja blast, the objectively best mountain dew flavor. their dorito shells are pretty fuckin' good.

i don't go there expecting a full tex-mex experience, because it's not tex-mex. it's decent food wrapped in dorito shells or breading that honestly barely counts as "mexican", and it's pretty good for what it is.

Being from California I'm overwhelmed with actual burrito places. So Taco Bell has to rely on being '4th meal', which is to say 'still open.'

I just went to pick up a carne asada burrito (from an actual burrito place) in part because of this post, so thank you for this
Last edited by New Kvenland on Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
californian ultranationalist | the bear flag will fly from cabo to the great salt lake once again | the pretenders in arizona will crumble to the sand they tread on

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:24 pm

Thermodolia wrote:I gotta agree. Here in AZ we’ve also got actual burrito places, one of which Filiberto’s is open 24hs, so I rarely go to a Taco Bell.

Yellow sign with a little cartoon guy on it? There's this whole...style of burrito bar in California where they have different but similar names and they all have about the same menu (more than just the normal mexican places all more or less have the same menu) that's like 40% sketchy feeling and 60% I don't care it's delicious. Like how I imagine people who go to Waffle House might feel?

Anyway, Filiberto's sounds like one of those...there's one called Alberto's down the street but they close at 9pm. But it's one of the only places I can get a proper Mission-style burrito. SoCal burritos are dominated by the meat tube style. Being from NorCal and living in San Francisco near the Mission for years I like my burritos to be a collection of nonsense. I need beans and cheese and sour cream and rice and whatever else they can stuff in there.

Oooo, this reminds me of a burrito bar near me when I lived in Union City, their super burrito could be placed on my forearm and it would go from my elbow to my finger tips. You had to be crazy stoned to eat it in one go. I did once and felt like I needed to hibernate for a day or two.

Man, I wish I hadn't just eaten some tuna sandwiches, I could go for an Alberto's burrito right about now.

Filiberto’s doesn’t have a cartoon guy on its sign, it’s yellow but it has a taco on the sign. And it’s less of a burrito bar and more of an actual restaurant. Here’s the website, most of the restaurants are in AZ with some in SoCal and NM
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:26 pm

New Kvenland wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Being from California I'm overwhelmed with actual burrito places. So Taco Bell has to rely on being '4th meal', which is to say 'still open.'

I just went to pick up a carne asada burrito (from an actual burrito place) in part because of this post, so thank you for this

I am in full regret not having gotten a chicken super burrito. Ooo, there's another place that serves Mission style burritos but i have to order before 8pm.

If I get my work done before then...maybe I can get one of those...

Floofybit
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 11, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Floofybit » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:29 pm

Have a Cane's near me. Absolutely disgusting
Last edited by Floofybit on Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Compass: Northwest
Reformative Authoritarian Pacifist
Pro: Socialism, Authoritarianism, The Right To Life, Environment, Public Services, Government, Equity and Equality, Surveillance, Police, Religion, Pacifism, Fruit
Anti: Capitalism, Liberalism, Abortion, Anarchy, Inequality, Crime, Drugs, Guns, Violence, Fruit-Haters
Religious ace male furry who really, really, really loves fruit.
Broadcasting From Foxlington
Safety & Equality > Freedom
If I CTE hold a funeral because I'm dead :)
Quadrobics are strangely extremely fun
Telegram me your favourite colour, I'm doing a survey

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General