NATION

PASSWORD

Which fast food chain is better: Chick-Fil-A or McDonald's?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

HISPIDA
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 21, 2021
Anarchy

Postby HISPIDA » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:12 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Hispida wrote:chick fil a tastes better, but i don't go out of my way to buy it. if someone's buying it for me, sure, but it's too expensive and too homophobic for me to regularly go out of my way to eat it.

mcdonalds is perfectly serviceable if i want something fast, cheap, and edible. it's not awful, but it's not great. i honestly kinda like their fries, and their mcnuggets are way more nostalgic than anything chick fil a makes.

overall? i'm more inclined to buy mcdonalds, but i prefer chick fil a's food. mcdonalds has the nostalgia factor and the fact that they're not homophobic hypocrites, though. mac tonight is also the best fast food mascot ever.

because wendy's is fucking disgusting.

I'm with you dude, there's something just...off about Wendy's burgers.

i'm not a burger fan, honestly. blame the autism or something, i'm not a huge fan of meatloaf either. i just don't think wendy's tastes very good in general. all of their chicken tastes microwaved and their sauces are very disappointing.

their frosties are fucking awesome, though. especially dipping some fries in there? oh. man. i don't get desserts very often but that's like the only thing i order from wendy's if the people i'm with go there.
Last edited by HISPIDA on Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Algerstonia did nothing wrong. Hold Moderators accountable. (she/they)
"We have liberated Europe from fascism, and they will never forgive us for it." - Georgy Zhukov (purportedly)
read my iiwiki
free palestine. trans rights are human rights. no war but class war
Victory Day: February 23, 2022

New Kvenland
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Kvenland » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:12 pm

Hispida wrote:
New Kvenland wrote:Chick-fil-A is significantly better in terms of food. Hate to say it, but I gotta hand it to the homophobes on this one

There's always Raising Cane's if you want comparable chicken for less bigotry (or In-N-Out if you want actually good burgers)

recently got a cane's near me. have yet to try it, mostly because i don't go out of my way to get fast food. i get it whenever i have to eat at work and that's about it.

It's alright if you're in the mood for fried chicken, and the Texas toast is genuinely good. Wouldn't not recommend
californian ultranationalist | the bear flag will fly from cabo to the great salt lake once again | the pretenders in arizona will crumble to the sand they tread on

Ual
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 11, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Ual » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:12 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Floofybit wrote:Chick Fil A :)

gotta love funding evangelicalism and lobbying for the death penalty for homosexualty am i right

What's the problem with evangelicalism?

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:13 pm

New Kvenland wrote:Chick-fil-A is significantly better in terms of food. Hate to say it, but I gotta hand it to the homophobes on this one

There's always Raising Cane's if you want comparable chicken for less bigotry (or In-N-Out if you want actually good burgers)

They just opened a Raising Cane's down the street a bit and people here have lost their minds. Like, I went to one a while ago that had been open for a while and that level of wait for a chicken finger sandwich was acceptable. Sitting in a drive through line twice as long as In n' Out on a Saturday night? Not that good. With normal wait times I find Raising Cane's to be an acceptable option. Wouldn't top my list but then I also like Jack in the Box so no one is going to really consider me a 'connoisseur.'

I do know that Del Taco only exists so that there's something worse than Taco Bell.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:14 pm

Ual wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:gotta love funding evangelicalism and lobbying for the death penalty for homosexualty am i right

the other half of that sentence, for starters
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:15 pm

anyway yeah i will also vote wendy's

HISPIDA
Powerbroker

Anarchy

Postby HISPIDA » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:15 pm

They just opened a Raising Cane's down the street a bit and people here have lost their minds. Like, I went to one a while ago that had been open for a while and that level of wait for a chicken finger sandwich was acceptable. Sitting in a drive through line twice as long as In n' Out on a Saturday night? Not that good. With normal wait times I find Raising Cane's to be an acceptable option. Wouldn't top my list but then I also like Jack in the Box so no one is going to really consider me a 'connoisseur.'

I do know that Del Taco only exists so that there's something worse than Taco Bell.

hey, taco bell's alright. it's cheap and the only place you can still get baja blast, the objectively best mountain dew flavor. their dorito shells are pretty fuckin' good.

i don't go there expecting a full tex-mex experience, because it's not tex-mex. it's decent food wrapped in dorito shells or breading that honestly barely counts as "mexican", and it's pretty good for what it is.
Last edited by HISPIDA on Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We have liberated Europe from fascism, and they will never forgive us for it." - Georgy Zhukov (purportedly)
read my iiwiki

Ual
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Ual » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:16 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Ual wrote:

the other half of that sentence, for starters

Again, what's the problem with evangelicalism. The other part of that sentence has nothing to do with evangelicalism.

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:16 pm

Hispida wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:They just opened a Raising Cane's down the street a bit and people here have lost their minds. Like, I went to one a while ago that had been open for a while and that level of wait for a chicken finger sandwich was acceptable. Sitting in a drive through line twice as long as In n' Out on a Saturday night? Not that good. With normal wait times I find Raising Cane's to be an acceptable option. Wouldn't top my list but then I also like Jack in the Box so no one is going to really consider me a 'connoisseur.'

hey, taco bell's alright. it's cheap and the only place you can still get baja blast, the objectively best mountain dew flavor. their dorito shells are pretty fuckin' good.

sometimes a girl just wants a crunchwrap supreme

also fire sauce goes on everything

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:17 pm

Hispida wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:I'm with you dude, there's something just...off about Wendy's burgers.

i'm not a burger fan, honestly. blame the autism or something, i'm not a huge fan of meatloaf either. i just don't think wendy's tastes very good in general. all of their chicken tastes microwaved and their sauces are very disappointing.

their frosties are fucking awesome, though. especially dipping some fries in there? oh. man. i don't get desserts very often but that's like the only thing i order from wendy's if the people i'm with go there.

Well, meatloaf is inherently a little gross so I get that.

I can't get into their frosties, they feel like wet cold sand to me. But there's no fast food ice cream I can stand, so that's not special.

Do ice cream parlors still exist? Or were they ever really a thing except where I grew up? We had places like O'Farrells and Leatherbys. Somehow I developed a 'fast food at fast food places, ice cream at ice cream places' mentality but now that I think about it the last time I even saw an ice cream parlor was years ago when I was showing my ex around my hometown...
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Ual
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Ual » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:19 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:Do ice cream parlors still exist? Or were they ever really a thing except where I grew up? We had places like O'Farrells and Leatherbys. Somehow I developed a 'fast food at fast food places, ice cream at ice cream places' mentality but now that I think about it the last time I even saw an ice cream parlor was years ago when I was showing my ex around my hometown...

They definitely still exist, there's one just a few minutes from my house.

New Kvenland
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Kvenland » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:21 pm

Oh Jack in the Box is underrated. I mean, it shouldn't be rated that high, but it gets a 2/10 and deserves at least a 4. [Editor's note: the author has only been to Jack in the Box past 11pm when it's the only restaurant open nearby and they are some form of mentally incapacitated]
californian ultranationalist | the bear flag will fly from cabo to the great salt lake once again | the pretenders in arizona will crumble to the sand they tread on

HISPIDA
Powerbroker

Anarchy

Postby HISPIDA » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:21 pm

Hispida wrote:i'm not a burger fan, honestly. blame the autism or something, i'm not a huge fan of meatloaf either. i just don't think wendy's tastes very good in general. all of their chicken tastes microwaved and their sauces are very disappointing.

Well, meatloaf is inherently a little gross so I get that.

I can't get into their frosties, they feel like wet cold sand to me. But there's no fast food ice cream I can stand, so that's not special.

Do ice cream parlors still exist? Or were they ever really a thing except where I grew up? We had places like O'Farrells and Leatherbys. Somehow I developed a 'fast food at fast food places, ice cream at ice cream places' mentality but now that I think about it the last time I even saw an ice cream parlor was years ago when I was showing my ex around my hometown...

there's a little parlor near where i live and i haven't been there in YEARS. i should go back.
read my iiwiki

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:22 pm

Hispida wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:They just opened a Raising Cane's down the street a bit and people here have lost their minds. Like, I went to one a while ago that had been open for a while and that level of wait for a chicken finger sandwich was acceptable. Sitting in a drive through line twice as long as In n' Out on a Saturday night? Not that good. With normal wait times I find Raising Cane's to be an acceptable option. Wouldn't top my list but then I also like Jack in the Box so no one is going to really consider me a 'connoisseur.'

i don't go there expecting a full tex-mex experience, because it's not tex-mex. it's decent food wrapped in dorito shells or breading that honestly barely counts as "mexican", and it's pretty good for what it is.

Being from California I'm overwhelmed with actual burrito places. So Taco Bell has to rely on being '4th meal', which is to say 'still open.'

I'm not completely above Taco Bell. I'll eat there if it's convenient enough or I'm stoned enough...if you're stoned Taco Bell is actually a dangerous place, the lack of a clearly defined meal might mean you end up going home with a bag of various tortilla wrapped versions of kinda the same thing that would be enough calories to power a cheetah running a marathon.

Also, I'm still salty about the ending of the double decker taco. It was the one thing on the menu that would make me go, "You know what I could go for right about now?"

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:23 pm

Ual wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:the other half of that sentence, for starters

Again, what's the problem with evangelicalism. The other part of that sentence has nothing to do with evangelicalism.

Not to a lot of evangelicals.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:25 pm

New Kvenland wrote:

Oh Jack in the Box is underrated. I mean, it shouldn't be rated that high, but it gets a 2/10 and deserves at least a 4. [Editor's note: the author has only been to Jack in the Box past 11pm when it's the only restaurant open nearby and they are some form of mentally incapacitated]

That is in fact the recommended way to consume Jack in the Box.

The delivery apps now don't give me an option for ranch which is a necessary component for eating curly fries so I've been silently boycotting what was my usual "It's 1am and I forgot to eat again" delivery app order.

New Kvenland
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Kvenland » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:29 pm

New Kvenland wrote:

That is in fact the recommended way to consume Jack in the Box.

The delivery apps now don't give me an option for ranch which is a necessary component for eating curly fries so I've been silently boycotting what was my usual "It's 1am and I forgot to eat again" delivery app order.

Our state and our country are truly in shambles.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:30 pm

Hispida wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Well, meatloaf is inherently a little gross so I get that.

there's a little parlor near where i live and i haven't been there in YEARS. i should go back.

I have middling lactose intolerance (like, I've met people who become incapacitated, I only experience intense discomfort and a regrettable visit to the facilities which apparently isn't enough to scare me away from cheese) so these places are like sirens calling me to the jagged shoreline. I love then regret them. I found a lactose pill that actually works pretty well, but it's hard to find and expensive. If I had a decent parlor near me it might be worth it.

Leatherbys did (does?) this thing where they whip their ice cream so it has a ton of volume and this kinda cool texture so you get a unique ice cream experience and the feeling like you're getting a ton of ice cream because all the air makes it look bigger. It's like the pulling a quarter out of the ear trick, you not only know it's a trick, you know how they do it but you allow yourself to be fooled just by the skill of the practitioner and the desire to see something cool.

Hum Acans Karky
Secretary

Founded: Mar 07, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Hum Acans Karky » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:32 pm

McDonald's if i could i would eat there evey day of the week.
Last edited by Hum Acans Karky on Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:33 pm

New Kvenland wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:That is in fact the recommended way to consume Jack in the Box.

Our state and our country are truly in shambles.

I have had this conversation in my head and it truly saddens me:

"Fuck, man...why can't I request buttermilk ranch? I should talk to someone about this...

...what the fuck is wrong with me?"

The worst part? I have way better ranch in my 'fridge. I just don't have dipping cups. The further down this rabbit hole, the sadder it gets.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:39 pm

Chick a fil's French fries are better, Not a big fan of their sandwiches.

A big Mac is the only thing I have ever craved the same way as cocaine. Why I have no idea.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:46 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:Chick a fil's French fries are better, Not a big fan of their sandwiches.

A big Mac is the only thing I have ever craved the same way as cocaine. Why I have no idea.

It was the quarter pounder for me and I have even less idea because there is nothing objectively special about that hamburger. The receiving clerk at the record store assumed that there was crack and or heroin (it was the 90s) involved.

In that specific case it might have just been that there was a McDonalds right next door. My soul left my body the day I came up to the counter and the clerk had already rung my order up as 'the usual.' I have never been so confronted with my own sadness as a human being.

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017

Postby Stellar Colonies » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:48 pm

In terms of food, Chick-Fil-A is far superior to McDonald's for me.
Last edited by Stellar Colonies on Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

The Empire Of The Sutherlands
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 04, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Empire Of The Sutherlands » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:52 pm

McDonald's
Throw 'em a fake and a finagle
They'll never know you're just a bagel

Jabberwocky
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jabberwocky » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:54 pm

I've never been to ChikFilA and never will. McDonald's is the lowest common denominator, vile stuff.
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gambol in the wabe.
All mimsy were the borogoves
And the mome raths outgrabe.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General