NATION

PASSWORD

Is religion good?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Portzania
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2022
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Portzania » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:15 am

Neutraligon wrote:
Portzania wrote:The book itself is proof

Nope, the book is the claim.

These claims be fire though
⚔︎The Portzanian Social Republic⚔︎
"My final wish to mankind? Don't let women be the central spokesperson for your ideology, religion, ethics, and....."
*BEEEEEEEEEEP*
Portzania is an underdeveloped nation consisting of an archipelago located in the Mediterranean, near Egypt.
Novidades! | What is a Weeping Flesh Hive? Protect your family. | "It wasn't a hate crime because I loved doing it, officer" Says convicted suspect of Church vandalism. |"Portzania's Violence Map Shows Alarming Trends" - Portzania Reports

tag: skeletonjanitor
Here's my compass results: https://www.politicalcompass.org/yourpo ... 8&soc=0.82

Arval Va
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2023
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arval Va » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:42 am

Portzania wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:Nope, the book is the claim.

These claims be fire though

Psalm 137:9
NATIONAL NEWS
Údhámvaer Oamvólól Arvalail: Cuon-Variovoal Ml. vapródhuith i gio marthoio amvafól érvósial | Málaosúodh Mv. cónmavórith úóniu ó máfrothor tiá maereth síl | Tua mardhohoídh voróe Párvodhasiavoról umvaorith tá eohoth goros | Ú iaodhrómóvoloal córvotho Coruices vadhrómith Dhuristihír amvás
National Report Arval: Dr. John Wario dies at the age of 72 | Arbiter Ahúmardh vindicated from wife's claims of adultery | The National Council's head chef attacked by large fishes | Minor volcanic eruption in Corui kills 3 tourists
FACTBOOK
ASEXUAL, ATHEIST, ANNOYANCE | HE/THEY | NSTATS NON-CANON

The Rio Grande River Basin
Senator

Founded: Sep 14, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rio Grande River Basin » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:44 am

Arval Va wrote:
Portzania wrote:These claims be fire though

No, these claims be fire.

Colerick 420:69

Well I wrote this song for the Christian youth
I wanna teach kids the Christian truth
If you wanna reach those kids on the street
Then you gotta do a rap to a hip-hop beat
I gave my sermon an urban kick
My rhymes are fly, my beats are sick
My crew is big and it keeps getting bigger
That's cause Jesus Christ is my (You know the rules, and so do I)

He's a life-changer, miracle-arranger
Born to the virgin mom in a manger
Water to wine, he's a drink exchanger
And he died for your sins
I preach the word, that's my gig
And I rhyme better than Notorious BIG
Other emcees, I wish them well
But if you live in sin, you burn in hell
Now I'ma pass the mic to my lovely wife
She's a fly emcee and the light of my life
So to bust a rhyme without further ado
Take it away, Mary Sue!
FT Canon is most developed, therefore for F7
This Index says I am 0.364
Battle of Mar’Sa’Nakar ends in Pyrrhic victory as the Galactic Federation suffers losses, in defending the critical sector. GFS Andromeda severely damaged, GFS Comet destroyed. Mass evacuation of outer sector worlds beginning.
Something of a McGovernite, have some sympathy for Huey Long. Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -9.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.59
Friend of Kraven, 2005-2023
18 years of stories deleted
Kraven Prevails!

Trans-Mississippi
Secretary

Founded: Mar 05, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Trans-Mississippi » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:54 am

Arval Va wrote:
Portzania wrote:The book itself is proof

Why should you trust that book over any other?

The Bible gets a lot of the things it says about history right, so it has credibility.

Bewaffnete Krafte
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bewaffnete Krafte » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:57 am

Trans-Mississippi wrote:
Arval Va wrote:Why should you trust that book over any other?

The Bible gets a lot of the things it says about history right, so it has credibility.

It was written in the time period it gets correct, and even then, it gets a whole lot of shit wrong.
The Federal Republic of Germany"Gott Mit Uns"Established 7/30/1947
A Grand and Free Germany, with Fair and Democratic elections, United in their chant for Prosperity. After the world war, large-scale education campaigns made the modern germany one of the most politically stable, anti-Fascist nations in the world.
|President: Gottfried Schaffer (DPB)|Prime Minister: Monika Wißler (SDP)|
Map
 WächterNEWS|Populist Right Wing Eine Deutschland Partei, 4th in Bundestag, makes official statement towards the acquirement of the Rhineland. Friday, November 19th, 2021 8:16 PM CET

Trans-Mississippi
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Trans-Mississippi » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:59 am

Bewaffnete Krafte wrote:
Trans-Mississippi wrote:The Bible gets a lot of the things it says about history right, so it has credibility.

It was written in the time period it gets correct, and even then, it gets a whole lot of shit wrong.

Yeah exactly my point, but what does it get wrong.

Portzania
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Portzania » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:02 pm

Arval Va wrote:
Portzania wrote:These claims be fire though

Me when I post an out of context verse and ignore everyone's interpretation of it
"My final wish to mankind? Don't let women be the central spokesperson for your ideology, religion, ethics, and....."
*BEEEEEEEEEEP*
Portzania is an underdeveloped nation consisting of an archipelago located in the Mediterranean, near Egypt.
Novidades! | What is a Weeping Flesh Hive? Protect your family. | "It wasn't a hate crime because I loved doing it, officer" Says convicted suspect of Church vandalism. |"Portzania's Violence Map Shows Alarming Trends" - Portzania Reports

Here's my compass results: https://www.politicalcompass.org/yourpo ... 8&soc=0.82

Bewaffnete Krafte
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bewaffnete Krafte » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:11 pm

Trans-Mississippi wrote:
Bewaffnete Krafte wrote:It was written in the time period it gets correct, and even then, it gets a whole lot of shit wrong.

Yeah exactly my point, but what does it get wrong.

It getting stuff right about its own time period does not give it credible. If I wrote a book today and said "Joe Biden is the U.S. President", that doesn't give me any more credibility. That's an easily found factoid that means nothing. And, for one, there is little/no evidence that the Red Sea ever parted, or that Jericho was completely destroyed, or that Sodom and Gomorrah existed.
A Grand and Free Germany, with Fair and Democratic elections, United in their chant for Prosperity. After the world war, large-scale education campaigns made the modern germany one of the most politically stable, anti-Fascist nations in the world.
Map
 WächterNEWS|Populist Right Wing Eine Deutschland Partei, 4th in Bundestag, makes official statement towards the acquirement of the Rhineland. Friday, November 19th, 2021 8:16 PM CET

Bewaffnete Krafte
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bewaffnete Krafte » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:13 pm

Portzania wrote:
Arval Va wrote:Psalm 137:9

Me when I post an out of context verse and ignore everyone's interpretation of it

I mean the context is that the children are the future generation of the enemy which must be fully destroyed to claim victory which isn't much better. But, what is your interpretation?
Map

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rio Grande River Basin » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:13 pm

Bewaffnete Krafte wrote:
Trans-Mississippi wrote:Yeah exactly my point, but what does it get wrong.

It getting stuff right about its own time period does not give it credible. If I wrote a book today and said "Joe Biden is the U.S. President", that doesn't give me any more credibility. That's an easily found factoid that means nothing. And, for one, there is little/no evidence that the Red Sea ever parted, or that Jericho was completely destroyed, or that Sodom and Gomorrah existed.

Or that god flooded the world to allow his favourite human to make an animal fuckzoo. Definitely still the good guy though, sure.

If I wrote “Donald Trump was the president and rainbows are unicorn farts” I would have exactly the same amount of credibility as Trans-Mississippi reckons the bible has.
Battle of Mar’Sa’Nakar ends in Pyrrhic victory as the Galactic Federation suffers losses, in defending the critical sector. GFS Andromeda severely damaged, GFS Comet destroyed. Mass evacuation of outer sector worlds beginning.
Something of a McGovernite, have some sympathy for Huey Long. Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -9.88
Kraven Prevails!

Trans-Mississippi
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Trans-Mississippi » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:14 pm

Bewaffnete Krafte wrote:
Trans-Mississippi wrote:Yeah exactly my point, but what does it get wrong.

Exactly it gets stuff right, so whats to say the other stuff isn't also true

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rio Grande River Basin » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:17 pm

Trans-Mississippi wrote:
Bewaffnete Krafte wrote:It getting stuff right about its own time period does not give it credible. If I wrote a book today and said "Joe Biden is the U.S. President", that doesn't give me any more credibility. That's an easily found factoid that means nothing. And, for one, there is little/no evidence that the Red Sea ever parted, or that Jericho was completely destroyed, or that Sodom and Gomorrah existed.

Ah, so Aristotle was right about the 4 elements because he was right about some other shit. And Pythagoras was right about evil runner beans, cuz he was right about the theorem? And rainbows are unicorn farts because I am right about Donald Trump having been the president, and I wrote it down on the same sheet of paper as the unicorn farts statement.
Kraven Prevails!

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:19 pm

Trans-Mississippi wrote:
Bewaffnete Krafte wrote:It getting stuff right about its own time period does not give it credible. If I wrote a book today and said "Joe Biden is the U.S. President", that doesn't give me any more credibility. That's an easily found factoid that means nothing. And, for one, there is little/no evidence that the Red Sea ever parted, or that Jericho was completely destroyed, or that Sodom and Gomorrah existed.

The lack of evidence, and evidence against, other claims. Like the extinction-inducing genetic bottleneck a worldwide flood where the only survivors were one dude's immediate family and two of every other animal would create (not to mention the evidence against a worldwide flood in the first place).
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Portzania
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Portzania » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:19 pm

Bewaffnete Krafte wrote:
Portzania wrote:Me when I post an out of context verse and ignore everyone's interpretation of it

I mean the context is that the children are the future generation of the enemy which must be fully destroyed to claim victory which isn't much better. But, what is your interpretation?

Going from the context of the verse, this references the edomites and babylonians who looted and destroyed Jerusalem. The quote “Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks”, isn't someone saying "hey im gonna go kill babies lmao", it's more of the grudge that the Jews held against them, desperately wanting their murderers and looters to be punished.
(obviously it's not an endorsement to kill everyone you meet that has did a minor inconvenience to you either.)

This reflects our society today, as (some) people who've lost their family members/loved ones to murderers would want the death of the culprit.
Last edited by Portzania on Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*BEEEEEEEEEEP*

Bewaffnete Krafte
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bewaffnete Krafte » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:19 pm

Trans-Mississippi wrote:

Not... how that works?
1: If I say "Joe Biden is the U.S. President" and then say "Unicorns are real", that doesn't make the latter true. Being correct about some things doesn't mean you are right about everything. You can make up certain aspects of what is otherwise the truth.
2: The fact that they got info about their own time period wrong really ruins their credibility. Like in the above example, me saying Unicorns are real makes me a lot less trustworthy, even though the first statement is true.
3: We are almost completely sure the other stuff isn't true. There's no evidence of it, when there is evidence of other events that happened around the same time period. There's no reason to believe the Bible with these things.
Map

Trans-Mississippi
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Trans-Mississippi » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:21 pm

The Rio Grande River Basin wrote:
Trans-Mississippi wrote:Exactly it gets stuff right, so whats to say the other stuff isn't also true

Ah, so Aristotle was right about the 4 elements because he was right about some other shit. And Pythagoras was right about evil runner beans, cuz he was right about the theorem? And rainbows are unicorn farts because I am right about Donald Trump having been the president, and I wrote it down on the same sheet of paper as the unicorn farts statement.

The Bibe was right about stuff before science claimed it or proved it, it just gives merit to the other stuff claimed in the Bible. Also the whole Donald Trump and unicorn farts means nothing, we can clearly observe that they are not unicorn farts, also you have no credibility.

Trans-Mississippi
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Trans-Mississippi » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:22 pm

Bewaffnete Krafte wrote:
Trans-Mississippi wrote:Exactly it gets stuff right, so whats to say the other stuff isn't also true

Not... how that works?
1: If I say "Joe Biden is the U.S. President" and then say "Unicorns are real", that doesn't make the latter true. Being correct about some things doesn't mean you are right about everything. You can make up certain aspects of what is otherwise the truth.
2: The fact that they got info about their own time period wrong really ruins their credibility. Like in the above example, me saying Unicorns are real makes me a lot less trustworthy, even though the first statement is true.
3: We are almost completely sure the other stuff isn't true. There's no evidence of it, when there is evidence of other events that happened around the same time period. There's no reason to believe the Bible with these things.

1. Same thing, we know they are not, and you have no credibility.
2. Like what did they get wrong.

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:22 pm

Trans-Mississippi wrote:
The Rio Grande River Basin wrote:Ah, so Aristotle was right about the 4 elements because he was right about some other shit. And Pythagoras was right about evil runner beans, cuz he was right about the theorem? And rainbows are unicorn farts because I am right about Donald Trump having been the president, and I wrote it down on the same sheet of paper as the unicorn farts statement.

The Bibe was right about stuff before science claimed it or proved it

Such as?
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Trans-Mississippi
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Trans-Mississippi » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:26 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Trans-Mississippi wrote:The Bibe was right about stuff before science claimed it or proved it

Such as?

There are mountains on the bottom of the ocean floor (Jonah 2:5-6).
Oceans contain springs (Job 38:16).
The universe is expanding (Job 9:8; Isaiah 42:5; Jeremiah 51:15; Zechariah 12:1).
Creation is made of particles, indiscernible to our eyes (Hebrews 11:3).
Blood is the source of life and health (Leviticus 17:11; 14).

And more but I can explain these if you would like.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rio Grande River Basin » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:27 pm

Trans-Mississippi wrote:
The Rio Grande River Basin wrote:Ah, so Aristotle was right about the 4 elements because he was right about some other shit. And Pythagoras was right about evil runner beans, cuz he was right about the theorem? And rainbows are unicorn farts because I am right about Donald Trump having been the president, and I wrote it down on the same sheet of paper as the unicorn farts statement.

The Bibe was right about stuff before science claimed it or proved it, it just gives merit to the other stuff claimed in the Bible. Also the whole Donald Trump and unicorn farts means nothing, we can clearly observe that they are not unicorn farts, also you have no credibility.

Because there are records of things like “Jesus existed”. Those were easily observable facts. And Aristotle and Pythagoras were right before science claimed or proved it, were they right about their bullshit, like the bible’s creationism? And “we can clearly observe they are not unicorn farts”, how? How can we clearly observe that an event like Noah’s Ark and the flood, which would have easily left a mark, did happen?
Kraven Prevails!

Bewaffnete Krafte
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bewaffnete Krafte » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:29 pm

Trans-Mississippi wrote:
Bewaffnete Krafte wrote:Not... how that works?

1. Same thing, we know they are not, and you have no credibility.
2. Like what did they get wrong.

1: What does this even mean? Same thing as what? We know what is not?
2: I just said what they got wrong. The red sea never got parted, Jericho never got destroyed, Sodom and Gomorrah never existed.
Map

Arval Va
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2023
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arval Va » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:46 pm

Portzania wrote:
Bewaffnete Krafte wrote:I mean the context is that the children are the future generation of the enemy which must be fully destroyed to claim victory which isn't much better. But, what is your interpretation?

Going from the context of the verse, this references the edomites and babylonians who looted and destroyed Jerusalem. The quote “Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks”, isn't someone saying "hey im gonna go kill babies lmao", it's more of the grudge that the Jews held against them, desperately wanting their murderers and looters to be punished.
(obviously it's not an endorsement to kill everyone you meet that has did a minor inconvenience to you either.)

This reflects our society today, as (some) people who've lost their family members/loved ones to murderers would want the death of the culprit.

And why should that punishment be infanticide? In modern society, most people can agree that children should not be punished for their parents' wrongdoing (though that's something the Bible just happens to be rather partial to). Seems to be quite an interesting choice of words for a grudge.
NATIONAL NEWS
Údhámvaer Oamvólól Arvalail: Cuon-Variovoal Ml. vapródhuith i gio marthoio amvafól érvósial | Málaosúodh Mv. cónmavórith úóniu ó máfrothor tiá maereth síl | Tua mardhohoídh voróe Párvodhasiavoról umvaorith tá eohoth goros | Ú iaodhrómóvoloal córvotho Coruices vadhrómith Dhuristihír amvás
National Report Arval: Dr. John Wario dies at the age of 72 | Arbiter Ahúmardh vindicated from wife's claims of adultery | The National Council's head chef attacked by large fishes | Minor volcanic eruption in Corui kills 3 tourists
FACTBOOK
ASEXUAL, ATHEIST, ANNOYANCE | HE/THEY | NSTATS NON-CANON

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rio Grande River Basin » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:53 pm

Arval Va wrote:
Portzania wrote:Going from the context of the verse, this references the edomites and babylonians who looted and destroyed Jerusalem. The quote “Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks”, isn't someone saying "hey im gonna go kill babies lmao", it's more of the grudge that the Jews held against them, desperately wanting their murderers and looters to be punished.

And why should that punishment be infanticide? In modern society, most people can agree that children should not be punished for their parents' wrongdoing (though that's something the Bible just happens to be rather partial to). Seems to be quite an interesting choice of words for a grudge.

The bible also endorses selling your first daughter into slavery.
Kraven Prevails!

HISPIDA
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 21, 2021
Anarchy

Postby HISPIDA » Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:05 pm

The Rio Grande River Basin wrote:
Arval Va wrote:And why should that punishment be infanticide? In modern society, most people can agree that children should not be punished for their parents' wrongdoing (though that's something the Bible just happens to be rather partial to). Seems to be quite an interesting choice of words for a grudge.

The bible also endorses selling your first daughter into slavery.

sorry, that one was me.
FUCK ISRAEL FUCK THE GENOCIDE FREE PALESTINE (they/them)
"Genocide, after all, is an exercise in community building." - Philip Gourevitch
NO WAR BUT CLASS WAR
Victory Day: February 23, 2022

Portzania
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Portzania » Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:29 pm

Arval Va wrote:
Portzania wrote:Going from the context of the verse, this references the edomites and babylonians who looted and destroyed Jerusalem. The quote “Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks”, isn't someone saying "hey im gonna go kill babies lmao", it's more of the grudge that the Jews held against them, desperately wanting their murderers and looters to be punished.

And why should that punishment be infanticide?

No where in my reply did I said the punishment should’ve infanticide though. Be honest, did you actually read the whole thing? The Babylonians were the ones committing acts of infancide, and the Jews had a burning hatred for them, and wanted Justice.
Last edited by Portzania on Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*BEEEEEEEEEEP*

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General