NATION

PASSWORD

The United States of Europe

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Durius
Minister

Founded: Oct 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Durius » Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:51 am

Transsibiria wrote:
Durius wrote:Very well. Then please provide your sources that the strongest selling points of a European Nation are racism and fascism. And then explain why is that even relevant for a thread about European federalism.

If you are so afraid about the spectre of fascism and racial supremacism dilluting your beloved European federalism thread we can move it over to the fascism thread.

You are the one baselessly bringing that ghost. If you could prove that the selling point of a European nation is racism and fascism, that would more than on-topic for the thread, but you skipping the multiple opportunities to sustain your point while at the same time implying it would be off-topic content just shows me that you are full of shit.
Last edited by Durius on Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whallhall
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 03, 2011

Postby Whallhall » Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:57 am

Now you are misinterpreting me. I never spoke about a European Federation(!) but about an European Nation and that the strongest selling point and identity for it would be one racial one. (strongest doesnt means ONLY one)

A European unitary nation is very unlikely to happen anytime soon, or ever, unless we are threatened of termination by a huge asiatic coalition...........

In terms of ethnicity things are complex in Europe,we have great mixes of ancient/very ancient peoples, like the native europeans>> we had nordic/anatolian/semitic peoples, proto berber poeoples who spread agriculture, "proper" caucasian peoples, and some others, like the Finno-Uralic peoples(that remained non indo european for a long time and still have their cultures), then came the Maykop/Yamna peoples (Proto Indo Europeans from Asia),and conquered 93% of the continent,to sum it up we are relatively diverse in terms of ancestry, but not so much in terms of culture, all but 4 languages came from the Indo Europeans, the gods and mentality and the societies workings, were the same for a very long time, so were the customs, then since the early/middle bronze age, things began to diverge,because indo europeans changed,and mixed their traditions, with different mixes of native europeans.............
This is a resume, if you want more details go to "Eupedia".

We can build a Federal entity with considerable popular support, if reconstructed Proto Indo European is made the "lingua franca",most people would understand that our cultures were just one, upon a certain time, we culturaly own a lot to those conquerors, not everything, but most.

Cosmic79
Envoy

Founded: Jul 16, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmic79 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:47 pm

It could be the most powerful entity in the world and would benefit all member states in the long run. It would certainly be the most powerful entity financially-wise.

It won't happen because member nations are too different, and countries like Hungary would only join to sabotage and monetarily benefit from it. Or not join at all. Some countries would certainly leave the EU than join such a federation. The European Federation would have to make so many concessions to please all member states that it would be able to do nothing at all.

The EU in its current status is far better. Seeking further integration for the sake of it benefits no one, especially if Europeans themselves don't want it.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:47 pm

Corrupt countries "function" because they're corrupt everywhere. The EU on the other hand...

(21st Century) Germany, Austria, Netherlands, etc. are some of the least corrupt countries to have ever existed at any point in history, meanwhile in Greece, (in addition to his/her regular salary) you can't even think about going to the doctor without a bribe. If you ask the police for directions, they won't give you the time of day without a bribe, and Italy's even worse, with politicians who get jailed for links to the fricken' mafia.

How do you expect a country to function when one portion of the country has almost zero corruption and in other parts of the country you have to bribe the fricken' doctor? If the EU is serious about becoming a federation, they better do something about corruption, quick smart
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Previous

Return to General