NATION

PASSWORD

Chicago school passes around sex toys to students

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your opinion?

It was wrong for this to happen
48%
It was ok for this to happen
52%

Total votes : 61

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:02 am

The Fantasy tech Caliphate wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Who said anything about pre-teens?

The person I’m replying to.

When?
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:04 am

Vassenor wrote:
What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Action Man is a doll (effectively) of a soldier who, like the majority of soldiers on duty in the world, carries a gun.

People fear guns because of their association with death which owning a cat will expose children to in a very real way, they bring you the corpses of mice they kill as a gift.

I know, my father owned, and owns, a cat.

So there’s a difference between exposing children to the concept of death or even killing and trying to sexualise them or expose them to sexually explicit forms of entertainment.

How?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

The Fantasy tech Caliphate
Envoy

Founded: Nov 20, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fantasy tech Caliphate » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:11 am

Vassenor wrote:
The Fantasy tech Caliphate wrote:Action Man is a doll (effectively) of a soldier who, like the majority of soldiers on duty in the world, carries a gun.

People fear guns because of their association with death which owning a cat will expose children to in a very real way, they bring you the corpses of mice they kill as a gift.

I know, my father owned, and owns, a cat.

So there’s a difference between exposing children to the concept of death or even killing and trying to sexualise them or expose them to sexually explicit forms of entertainment.

How?

One is something the children are ready for and doesn’t psychologically damage them.

My father owning a cat at 14 didn’t lead me to run around killing birds for fun. After all I was a vegetarian back then.

Similarly, playing with Action Man doesn’t mean I’m a murderous psychopath because I can distinguish between the honourable use of force I can vaguely recall Action Man using (against enemy combatants only and not if they surrendered) and the actions of Ted Bundy, the Burmese Tatmandaw or the Soviet invaders of Afghanistan.

A child can’t philosophise adequately on who they should marry, the rights and duties of spouses and how to consider their feelings.
Last edited by The Fantasy tech Caliphate on Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
News
-Marina Zovic announced as head of gendarmerie (inshallah)
- Vizier Khan establishes Space Force from sections of Air Force, centralises Gendarmerie.
- War with Norway over.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:17 am

Vassenor wrote:
How?

One is something the children are ready for and doesn’t psychologically damage them.

My father owning a cat at 14 didn’t lead me to run around killing birds for fun. After all I was a vegetarian back then.

Similarly, playing with Action Man doesn’t mean I’m a murderous psychopath because I can distinguish between the honourable use of force I can vaguely recall Action Man using (against enemy combatants only and not if they surrendered) and the actions of Ted Bundy, the Burmese Tatmandaw or the Soviet invaders of Afghanistan.

A child can’t philosophise adequately on who they should marry, the rights and duties of spouses and how to consider their feelings.

So how was I psychologically damaged by receiving sex Ed classes when I was 11?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fantasy tech Caliphate » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:20 am

Vassenor wrote:

Well I wasn’t but did they hand you a butt-plug or a dildo?
Didn’t think so.

I don’t understand what function it serves.

If even your kid’s uncle was doing this you’d be freaked out so why is it ok for a school?
Last edited by The Fantasy tech Caliphate on Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
News
- Vizier Khan establishes Space Force from sections of Air Force, centralises Gendarmerie.
- War with Norway over.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:26 am

Vassenor wrote:

Didn’t think so.

If even your kid’s uncle was doing this you’d be freaked out so why is it ok for a school?

And I don’t understand what function blindly believing something happened purely because Project Vertias told you it happened serves.
Last edited by Vassenor on Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:26 am

Vassenor wrote:

Didn’t think so.

Ah I see the confusion. Because Vass talked about her sex ed classes taking place in the sixth grade you have made the herculean leap to this particular segment being taught in 6th grade.

Don't do that. It's dishonest.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fantasy tech Caliphate » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:32 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:
The Fantasy tech Caliphate wrote:Well I wasn’t but did they hand you a butt-plug or a dildo?
Didn’t think so.

Ah I see the confusion. Because Vass talked about her sex ed classes taking place in the sixth grade you have made the herculean leap to this particular segment being taught in 6th grade.

No. They used it was an example of why this is ok, indicating they viewed the two as equivalent.

I’m not opposed to sex education, categorically.
If all it consists of is telling post-pubescent kids:
“this is where babies come from.”, “if they say no it’s never ok.” and even “it’s normal for married couples to consensually do this.”

I’m objecting to the idea of pushing a certain agendas, especially by encouraging kids to do so sexual practices whilst they are kids.

I have younger cousins and if someone years older was telling/asking them to do specific things for unknown reasons I’d want them to swing for it, though I’m unsure about the prudence of capital punishment as a rational decision.

And I don’t understand what function blindly believing something happened purely because Project Vertias told you it happened serves.

I’m believing it because no one on here explicitly denied it.
A sample of every ideology known to woman.
Last edited by The Fantasy tech Caliphate on Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
News
- War with Norway over.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:34 am

So let’s re-assess the original question before it got buried under hyperbole and deflection: how does education about reproductive health and safety differ so much from education about safe and responsible use of firearms that it makes one acceptable for children and one not?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fantasy tech Caliphate » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:39 am

Vassenor wrote:So let’s re-assess the original question before it got buried under hyperbole and deflection: how does education about reproductive health and safety differ so much from education about safe and responsible use of firearms that it makes one acceptable for children and one not?

It doesn’t much for older kids, especially as they need to know these things 4 to 1 years later when they’re legally old enough to get married.

But you can explain to children about the dangers AIDS, syphilis and monkeypox, as well as how to avoid spreading them to your spouse, without giving them dildos and buttplugs.

I think 18 year olds knowing about condoms isn’t bad because not every married couple wants 15 kids.
Last edited by The Fantasy tech Caliphate on Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
News
- War with Norway over.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:40 am

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:
The US currently, as evidenced by Chicago, but at least in the Netherlands showing sex toys during sex ed is just a normal way to engage students with the topic.

It's hilarious that the same people who teach gun safety to their pre-teens think kids will be irrepably harmed by the mere presence of a butt plug.

Show me where in the Netherlands they're passing around butt plugs. I have heard of classes where students are taught to put condoms on with aid of a dildo in Netherlands. I have never heard of them passing around butt plugs, certainly not as a normal practice.

Your specific claim is that this totally normal in any country that isn't totally prudish and your sole points of evidence are the country where it's being discussed as a problem and an unsourced claim about the Netherlands
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

Worldly Philosophers
Envoy

Founded: Feb 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Worldly Philosophers » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:40 am

Vassenor wrote:So let’s re-assess the original question before it got buried under hyperbole and deflection: how does education about reproductive health and safety differ so much from education about safe and responsible use of firearms that it makes one acceptable for children and one not?

They need those firearms so in a few years, at the ripe old age of 17 they can take up their fathers' proud traditions of trying to intimidate people out of voting, shooting up unguarded infrastructure that provides electricity to thousands, and attempting to forcibly install whatever Fuhrer the Party has chosen for them between now and 2024.

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017

Postby Stellar Colonies » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:40 am

My high school had us put condoms on wooden models in freshman year as part of an STI awareness unit.

In hindsight, it seems extremely tame by comparison to this, assuming it's even real.
Last edited by Stellar Colonies on Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fantasy tech Caliphate » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:43 am

Stellar Colonies wrote:My high school had us put condoms on wooden models in freshman year as part of an STI awareness unit.

In hindsight, it seems extremely tame by comparison to this.

I don’t object to that for 18 year olds.

I don’t even object to single women being allowed the contraceptive pill,
This is because I recognise it can reduce the number of abortions.
News
- War with Norway over.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:43 am

Des-Bal wrote:"You should pass dildos and butt plugs around to kids in school."
Please agree or disagree with this statement.

Answer or stop pretending your part of the conversation. You have no stance on the actual subject of the thread.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:44 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:Ah I see the confusion. Because Vass talked about her sex ed classes taking place in the sixth grade you have made the herculean leap to this particular segment being taught in 6th grade.

No. They used it was an example of why this is ok, indicating they viewed the two as equivalent.

“this is where babies come from.”, “if they say no it’s never ok.” and even “it’s normal for married couples to consensually do this.”

I’m objecting to the idea of pushing a certain agendas, especially by encouraging kids to do so sexual practices whilst they are kids.

I have younger cousins and if someone years older was telling/asking them to do specific things for unknown reasons I’d want them to swing for it, though I’m unsure about the prudence of capital punishment as a rational decision.

Nevermind that you're basing the 'what happened' on the report of literally the most dishonest organization posing as news possible, you're extrapolating and equivocating all over the place.

Oh and champ, here's the thing...your prescribed sex education? Dripping with agenda. Just because it's your agenda doesn't mean it doesn't have one.

Also the intellectual dishonesty of trying to compare teachers teaching in a teaching environment to 'random adult' explaining butt plugs is fucking ridiculous and transparent.

You're leaning heavily on trying to evoke an emotional response by mischaracterizing Vass' argument and the already misrepresented issue presented in the fake ass report. (and make no mistake, if Project Veritas is doing the reporting, it's fucking fake. I'd sooner look to the Onion than believe a word Project Veritas says)

And this is before I try and unravel the weird Action Man thing where apparently exposing kids to GI Joe (I'm not looking up Action Man, I'm just going to assume it's some dumbass internet shit) doesn't make you shooty but apparently teaching people safe practices is tantamount to creating their Only Fans channel.

Just because Vass had her sex education in sixth grade doesn't mean that the whole segment would be taught then. I got my sex ed in 8th grade but reproductive health was a subject that was reviewed and added to throughout my time in high school as I acquired a better understanding of how the body functions.

Try this. Step back. Quit trying to evoke an emotional response so you can try and shame people into agreeing with your amorphous premise and then come back at it keeping claims consistent without making huge fucking leaps. You're not going to, but I thought I'd give you the opportunity to step your game up.

Portzania
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2022
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Portzania » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:44 am

I don't think anyone is arguing against reproductive health and safety education, the problem is that the school was using SEX TOYS, when it could have easily been explained in a much more appropriate way.

Also, firearm education should also be mandatory.
⚔︎The Portzanian Social Republic⚔︎
"My final wish to mankind? Don't let women be the central spokesperson for your ideology, religion, ethics, and....."
*BEEEEEEEEEEP*
Portzania is an underdeveloped nation consisting of an archipelago located in the Mediterranean, near Egypt.
Novidades! | What is a Weeping Flesh Hive? Protect your family. | "It wasn't a hate crime because I loved doing it, officer" Says convicted suspect of Church vandalism. |"Portzania's Violence Map Shows Alarming Trends" - Portzania Reports

tag: skeletonjanitor
Here's my compass results: https://www.politicalcompass.org/yourpo ... 8&soc=0.82

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:45 am

Des-Bal wrote:
Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:
The US currently, as evidenced by Chicago, but at least in the Netherlands showing sex toys during sex ed is just a normal way to engage students with the topic.

It's hilarious that the same people who teach gun safety to their pre-teens think kids will be irrepably harmed by the mere presence of a butt plug.

Show me where in the Netherlands they're passing around butt plugs. I have heard of classes where students are taught to put condoms on with aid of a dildo in Netherlands. I have never heard of them passing around butt plugs, certainly not as a normal practice.

Your specific claim is that this totally normal in any country that isn't totally prudish and your sole points of evidence are the country where it's being discussed as a problem and an unsourced claim about the Netherlands

If you wanna come here and attend a sex ed class... The thing about something being normalised is that, by definition, it is not news. My source is my own experience as a high schooler in the Netherlands.

Shockingly, you not having heard of a specific part of Dutch high school sex education is not really evidence, is it?
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.
Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled
Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

The Notorious Mad Jack
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 05, 2018
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Notorious Mad Jack » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:45 am

Des-Bal wrote:

Des-Bal wrote:"You should pass dildos and butt plugs around to kids in school."
Please agree or disagree with this statement.

Answer or stop pretending your part of the conversation. You have no stance on the actual subject of the thread.

Is this really the subject of the thread though rather than whether this even happened? We have no indication that this true and the fact that Project Veritas produced it would suggest it's not.
Totally not MadJack, though I hear he's incredibly smart and handsome.

The Notorious Mad Jack
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 05, 2018
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Notorious Mad Jack » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:46 am

Portzania wrote:

I don't think anyone is arguing against reproductive health and safety education, the problem is that the school was using SEX TOYS, when it could have easily been explained in a much more appropriate way.

Except we still don't know if the school even was because, again, this is a claim made by Project Veritas.
Totally not MadJack, though I hear he's incredibly smart and handsome.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:48 am

The Notorious Mad Jack wrote:Is this really the subject of the thread though rather than whether this even happened? We have no indication that this true and the fact that Project Veritas produced it would suggest it's not.

Yes. I have expressed my doubts about the source and been very clear about what portions bother me and what portions don't. When you want to make your sole point of focus ranting about the evil anti sex conservatives clutching their pearls about literally anything having to do with sexual education refusing to take a stand on the conduct they're actually objecting to is dishonest and cowardly. It's a bullshit deflection.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fantasy tech Caliphate » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:49 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:
The Fantasy tech Caliphate wrote:No. They used it was an example of why this is ok, indicating they viewed the two as equivalent.

Nevermind that you're basing the 'what happened' on the report of literally the most dishonest organization posing as news possible, you're extrapolating and equivocating all over the place.

Oh and champ, here's the thing...your prescribed sex education? Dripping with agenda. Just because it's your agenda doesn't mean it doesn't have one.

Also the intellectual dishonesty of trying to compare teachers teaching in a teaching environment to 'random adult' explaining butt plugs is fucking ridiculous and transparent.

You're leaning heavily on trying to evoke an emotional response by mischaracterizing Vass' argument and the already misrepresented issue presented in the fake ass report. (and make no mistake, if Project Veritas is doing the reporting, it's fucking fake. I'd sooner look to the Onion than believe a word Project Veritas says)

And this is before I try and unravel the weird Action Man thing where apparently exposing kids to GI Joe (I'm not looking up Action Man, I'm just going to assume it's some dumbass internet shit) doesn't make you shooty but apparently teaching people safe practices is tantamount to creating their Only Fans channel.

Just because Vass had her sex education in sixth grade doesn't mean that the whole segment would be taught then. I got my sex ed in 8th grade but reproductive health was a subject that was reviewed and added to throughout my time in high school as I acquired a better understanding of how the body functions.

Try this. Step back. Quit trying to evoke an emotional response so you can try and shame people into agreeing with your amorphous premise and then come back at it keeping claims consistent without making huge fucking leaps. You're not going to, but I thought I'd give you the opportunity to step your game up.

I never said I object to all agendas being pushed only certain agendas,
For example I’m unashamed I’d push an anti-rape agenda as soon as the young are capable of such.

Also the intellectual dishonesty of trying to compare teachers teaching in a teaching environment to 'random adult' explaining butt plugs is fucking ridiculous and transparent

I don’t think I ever said it would only be wrong if either a random adult or a teacher did it.

I specifically questioned whether someone would be ok with the uncle of their children doing this and an uncle is not a “random adult”, for example if a child’s parents die, the preference is generally for extended family to adopt them, not a random adult and not even their teacher.
Last edited by The Fantasy tech Caliphate on Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
News
- War with Norway over.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:52 am

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:If you wanna come here and attend a sex ed class... The thing about something being normalised is that, by definition, it is not news. My source is my own experience as a high schooler in the Netherlands.

Shockingly, you not having heard of a specific part of Dutch high school sex education is not really evidence, is it?

Yeah that's why there is no documented evidence of anything normal happening.

I did some research actually, that's why I specifically referenced condoms being applied to dildos because where I found accounts from normal people who attended classes in the Netherlands that was something that came up. Nobody mentioned "also they handed out buttplugs."

Also I don't care about your personal experience. One of my sex ed teachers choked a kid- it wasn't fucking normal.
Last edited by Des-Bal on Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:10 am

It doesn’t much for older kids, especially as they need to know these things 4 to 1 years later when they’re legally old enough to get married.

But you can explain to children about the dangers AIDS, syphilis and monkeypox, as well as how to avoid spreading them to your spouse, without giving them dildos and buttplugs.

I think 18 year olds knowing about condoms isn’t bad because not every married couple wants 15 kids.

And I am still waiting for evidence those things happened that isn’t a Project Veritas video.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:10 am

Portzania wrote:

Also, firearm education should also be mandatory.

So do you have evidence that’s what happened that isn’t just a Project Veritas video?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General