NATION

PASSWORD

Dominican Pesos Oro

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Dominican Pesos Oro

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:53 pm

I have a couple of Domincan Republic bank notes that I'm a little confused about. One is "un peso oro." But I can't find this anywhere because it's from "serie 1976" (I'm asuming that's the year it was printed). All I find on the internet are bills from 1988 I believe. This bill has a man on the front side right in the middle with the name "Duarte" under it. Underneat that it sais "UN PESO ORO" in bold letters. Above on the front side of the bill, it says "Banco Central de la Republica Dominicana." On the back, to the left, there is a woman's head facing towards the left with a headband that says "Libertad" and on the right of the bill, there appears to be the national seal which has the words "Dios, Patria and Libertad" on it. The seal also has a cross over what I assume is the Bible and six spears coming from the Book. Could someone tell me if this bill is worth keeping (I will anyway but still...)?

The next bill is exactly the same only instead of "Duarte" on it, there is a man called "Sanchez." It also is a Cinco Pesos Oro bill with a reddish tint. My confusion with this one is that it doesn't have a date. Does anyone have a clue of when it could have been issued?

If you bothered reading that block of text, thanks a bunch! I appreciate it.
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Re: Dominican Pesos Oro

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:12 pm

Duarte... Hm... his name rings a bell. If you let me ask my mother's neighbors who are Dominican, I may be able to answe your question. Definitely 19th century.

Juan Pablo Duarte is one of the founding fathers of the Dominican Republic as a modern country. 1844 is the year I keep getting. Pico Duarte is also the name of the highest mountain in the Caribbean, and it happens to be in DR too.

Francisco del Rosario Sánchez is, like Juan Pablo Duarte, another one of the 3 founding fathers of that country.
Last edited by Nanatsu no Tsuki on Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Cosmera
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmera » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:16 pm

Buffett and Colbert wrote:I have a couple of Domincan Republic bank notes that I'm a little confused about. One is "un peso oro." But I can't find this anywhere because it's from "serie 1976" (I'm asuming that's the year it was printed). All I find on the internet are bills from 1988 I believe. This bill has a man on the front side right in the middle with the name "Duarte" under it. Underneat that it sais "UN PESO ORO" in bold letters. Above on the front side of the bill, it says "Banco Central de la Republica Dominicana." On the back, to the left, there is a woman's head facing towards the left with a headband that says "Libertad" and on the right of the bill, there appears to be the national seal which has the words "Dios, Patria and Libertad" on it. The seal also has a cross over what I assume is the Bible and six spears coming from the Book. Could someone tell me if this bill is worth keeping (I will anyway but still...)?

The next bill is exactly the same only instead of "Duarte" on it, there is a man called "Sanchez." It also is a Cinco Pesos Oro bill with a reddish tint. My confusion with this one is that it doesn't have a date. Does anyone have a clue of when it could have been issued?

If you bothered reading that block of text, thanks a bunch! I appreciate it.

Hi there, just so that you know, I have been collecting foreign currency for 24 years and have a pretty sizable collection. I too have a Duarte Un Peso De Oro, but with no year. I also have two Sanchez notes of the Cinco Peso De Oro (1996 and 1997) Signatures are different above the Finance Secretary.

Your best bet is to find the following Book, either buy it or go to your local library:

The Standard Catalog of World Paper Money: Modern Issues 1961-Present 15th edition

here's a link to it from Krause Publications: (on Sale too!!!! :clap: )

http://www.krausebooks.com/product/1444 ... papermoney

also here's my email address if you want to chat or what ever:
patriot.weather@yahoo.com

enjoy
Through the Ashes, We may Weep. Through the Blood, We shall Keep

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:23 pm

Gracias Nanatsu y Cosmera!
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:23 pm

Buffett and Colbert wrote:Gracias Nanatsu y Cosmera!

De nada, mi niño.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Cosmera
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmera » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:28 pm

Buffett and Colbert wrote:Gracias Nanatsu y Cosmera!

NO PROBLEM, I will be Ordering the catalog myself, now they come with a dvd that is able to show pix and other info.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Through the Ashes, We may Weep. Through the Blood, We shall Keep

Return to General