NATION

PASSWORD

Left-wing Extremism: A "Diversity" of Tactics

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:51 am

Sordhau wrote:
Myco wrote:I went to a far-left university for my undergraduate education. I was indoctrinated into black nationalism, exclusionary identity politics, and microaggression theory. It took me two years to escape the cancel culture cult.

Microaggression is hardly a theory. It demonstrably exists and I've seen it personally.

I think everyone's seen microaggression in their life, and has probably done it themselves. It used to just be called "being a dick".
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Mattopilos III
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 11, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos III » Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:05 am

Australian rePublic wrote:
Mattopilos III wrote:
Oh don't get me wrong, there's A LOT I can point out as problems at my uni. The party system here is obnoxious - they literally bribe you with free lunch to vote. That's totally not going to lead to issues!
Also the parties are backed by the Young Liberals and Young Labour party groups, so there's definitely some conflict of interest that can occur if they win (one usually does).
Let's not talk about how they choke the money out of international students, by charging them HIGHER university fees UP FRONT. Kinda glad Covid hit them as hard as it did - made them lose soooooo much money when they couldn't get international students in. Serves them right for relying on a model of income that is reliant on shaking international students by the ankles until all their parent's money falls out.

Ah yes, nothing screams communism like the extreme of the extreme of the extreme price gouging. I've said it before and I'll say it again, some far-leftists are utter hypocrites

Oh, in terms of actual politics, I wouldn't say it is anything close to communism or the likes. It's the Australian version of leftism i.e. milquetoast social liberal. It is a bit more lenient on LGBT+ rights and all that, but in terms of economics... couldn't give a shit about the less fortunate. As mentioned prior, the university suffered greatly during covid because its model was "fuck over international students," and they couldn't do that anymore.

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:42 am

Thread locked per this announcement.

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator
Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

Previous

Return to General