NATION

PASSWORD

Right-wing Extremism: Online Radicalism, Radicalization

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Christian Confederation
Senator
 
Posts: 3897
Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Christian Confederation » Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:04 am

Kalivyah wrote:
Christian Confederation wrote:They have destroyed the holy bond of marriage, they tanked our economy and act like nothing is wrong, they're grooming and mutilating our children, they destroyed basic gender roles, destroyed our culture, aborted our children, and to top it all off they have demoralized our men.

... Hold on- let me put on my glasses.
*squints*

- "I don't like Polygamous people!"
- Okay true
- "I don't like that trans people are actually getting rights and aren't just being beaten to death!"
- "I don't like that women have rights!"
- "I don't like that I have to see more brown people!"
- Okay true
- "I HATE femboys!"

Accurate. We shouldn't enforce the delusions of the mentally ill. No I just hate modern Feminism. That's just racist and irrelevant to anything I said. Accurate.
Founder of the moderate alliance
Open to new members, and embassy's.
My telagram box is always open for productive conversation.
IRL political views center right/ right.

User avatar
Optopias
Secretary
 
Posts: 33
Founded: Sep 18, 2022
Corporate Bordello

Postby Optopias » Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:54 am

I think that the biggest problem with the left is that they believe equal opportunities should mean equal outcomes. This does not take into account individual, group, and cultural differences. They use policy to enforce an overly simplistic way of looking at the world and it results in what is essentially racist practices. It’s like saying that men and women are interchangeable. That’s simply not true. There are even cognitive differences. Not all inequality is due to systemic racism or the patriarchy.

User avatar
New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 7980
Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:44 am

Christian Confederation wrote:
Kalivyah wrote:... Hold on- let me put on my glasses.
*squints*

- "I don't like Polygamous people!"
- Okay true
- "I don't like that trans people are actually getting rights and aren't just being beaten to death!"
- "I don't like that women have rights!"
- "I don't like that I have to see more brown people!"
- Okay true
- "I HATE femboys!"

Accurate. We shouldn't enforce the delusions of the mentally ill. No I just hate modern Feminism. That's just racist and irrelevant to anything I said. Accurate.

(Actionable portion underlined for emphasis.)
Given your extensive history, we expect you to have taken the Rules to heart when you return from your *** one week off for trolling. ***

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator
Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

User avatar
Nilokeras
Minister
 
Posts: 2539
Founded: Jul 14, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Nilokeras » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:54 pm

Sordhau wrote:
Nilokeras wrote:It's a rather simple process, really: in the latter parts of the 20th century popular leftist movements were either coopted into capitalism or crushed, closing off an entire wing of political analysis which correctly diagnoses the problems society faces. At the same time, the hegemony of the centre and right was completed and they successfully stripped out the material gains won by those leftist popular movements earlier in the century. Quality of life declined, deindustrialization sprung up, unions were cut out of peoples' lives and the dissonance between the rhetoric out of the centre/right coalition in charge across the West and peoples' lived experience grew ever larger.

In the absence of left messaging, the only political current that acknowledged anything was wrong and that peoples' lives were getting worse, not better, was the far right. Their analysis of exactly what was wrong and how to fix it is hopelessly wrong, of course, but that hardly matters. It's also a useful phenomena for the powers that be: since rightist analyses are hopelessly wrong and fail to direct their adherents at the real foundation stones of the neoliberal order, they are a tolerable enough diversion that takes energy that could have gone towards, say, unionization drives and divert it towards 'campus kangaroo courts' or doxxing trans Twitch streamers.

It's all very sad and avoidable, really.


Further proof that the wrong side won the Cold War.


Nobody 'won' the Cold War. Just two different factions of bourgeois class dictatorship reconciling.

User avatar
Sordhau
Senator
 
Posts: 4167
Founded: Nov 24, 2021
Democratic Socialists

Postby Sordhau » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:56 pm

Nilokeras wrote:
Sordhau wrote:
Further proof that the wrong side won the Cold War.


Nobody 'won' the Cold War. Just two different factions of bourgeois class dictatorship reconciling.


I forgot you were a Trotskyist. Cringe.
| ☆ | ☭ | Council Communist | Anti-Imperialist | Post-Racialist | Revolutionary Socialist | ☭ | ☆ |

She/Her
Jennifer/Jenny

User avatar
Nilokeras
Minister
 
Posts: 2539
Founded: Jul 14, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Nilokeras » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:07 pm

Sordhau wrote:
Nilokeras wrote:
Nobody 'won' the Cold War. Just two different factions of bourgeois class dictatorship reconciling.


I forgot you were a Trotskyist. Cringe.


Nah, just the inescapable conclusion of watching the leadership class of the USSR seamlessly transition into the kleptocracies of post-Soviet Eastern Europe.

User avatar
The New Rio Grande
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 126
Founded: Jul 26, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Rio Grande » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:08 pm

Sordhau wrote:
Nilokeras wrote:
Nobody 'won' the Cold War. Just two different factions of bourgeois class dictatorship reconciling.


I forgot you were a Trotskyist. Cringe.

What’s the difference? You’re all a bunch of commies. I’ll spit in all of your faces.
Last edited by The New Rio Grande on Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Communism? Not in my nationstates!

Breaking news: Emperor Sebastian Dean has become increasingly paranoid, accusing some of his most well known Anti-Communist advisors and officials of “socialist behavior”. | Our (Unofficial) Allies in Krieg have begun helping Rebels in the communist occupied Japan! The Texan government commends this!

This nation proudly uses NS Stats and NSEconomy.

This nation proudly represents the owner’s real world political views. :sunglassesemoji:

User avatar
Nilokeras
Minister
 
Posts: 2539
Founded: Jul 14, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Nilokeras » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:11 pm

The New Rio Grande wrote:
Sordhau wrote:
I forgot you were a Trotskyist. Cringe.

What’s the difference? You’re all a bunch of commies. I’ll spit in all of your faces.


Kinky.

User avatar
Necroghastia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8116
Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:14 pm

The New Rio Grande wrote:
Sordhau wrote:
I forgot you were a Trotskyist. Cringe.

What’s the difference? You’re all a bunch of commies. I’ll spit in all of your faces.

OwO
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

User avatar
Sordhau
Senator
 
Posts: 4167
Founded: Nov 24, 2021
Democratic Socialists

Postby Sordhau » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:16 pm

Nilokeras wrote:
Sordhau wrote:
I forgot you were a Trotskyist. Cringe.


Nah, just the inescapable conclusion of watching the leadership class of the USSR seamlessly transition into the kleptocracies of post-Soviet Eastern Europe.


What revisionism does to a union of soviets smh.
| ☆ | ☭ | Council Communist | Anti-Imperialist | Post-Racialist | Revolutionary Socialist | ☭ | ☆ |

She/Her
Jennifer/Jenny

User avatar
Socialist Ancomistan
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 153
Founded: Oct 30, 2021
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Socialist Ancomistan » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:17 pm

Ohkayy. So there is this YouTube channel that I am hooked onto called Whatifalthist, who basically talks about predicting the geopolitical future of our world through books he has read as well as what the world has already gone through. I don’t take very much of what he says to gospel, but there is still something calming about his voice and the maps he uses that keeps me addicted to the content. My favorite videos are about his outlook on future world superpowers and countries that should/shouldn’t have been rich.

Link to his channel here (recommended): https://youtube.com/user/WhatifAltHist

The problem is that a tiny part of me is like “no, I don’t trust this guy, what if this is an early step to becoming radicalized to the right.” Of course, Whatifalthist is no Monsieur-Z, but I still feel like a small fraction of what he says could be easily taken out of context by far right groups of people. You should look at any of his “Taboo questions about History and Society” if you want an idea of why I am posting this here. Again, I don’t believe this guy is an extremist, but still need an outside opinion from anyone else on here who has seen Whatifalthist’s content. Hopefully I’m not alone in this rabbit hole.
I'd say this nation is about 85-90% representative to my beliefs

About the only difference between my nation and beliefs is that free markets are effective in a select few situations, and the compulsory organ harvesting is kind of screwed up

I'm probably in the minority, but I actually pay more attention to in game stats than to roleplay

User avatar
Alcala-Cordel
Senator
 
Posts: 3795
Founded: Dec 16, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Alcala-Cordel » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:49 pm

The New Rio Grande wrote:
Sordhau wrote:
I forgot you were a Trotskyist. Cringe.

What’s the difference? You’re all a bunch of commies. I’ll spit in all of your faces.

There are some very big differences between different people who call themselves communists, actually.
The Mediterranean salamander preserve of Alcala-Cordel

User avatar
Raxulan Empire
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 9
Founded: May 04, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Raxulan Empire » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:58 pm

Mountains and Volcanoes wrote:In regards to online discourse and radicalization: how many of you fallen down the alt right pipeline?
  • How have you gotten out of it?
  • Have you know anyone that has gone further?
  • Is there an end?

If I know correctly the alt right is more authoritarian, so I don't think I've ever been apart of it nor have any interest in it. I used to be a Conservative, but my desire for liberty and thirst for knowledge guided by facts, logic, and reason has led me deeper and deeper into the Libertarian Right, such to the point that I've become something of an Anarcho Capitalist.
Last edited by Raxulan Empire on Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Alcala-Cordel
Senator
 
Posts: 3795
Founded: Dec 16, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Alcala-Cordel » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:59 pm

Optopias wrote:
Alcala-Cordel wrote:I'm not sure what the worst place to learn about politics is, but YouTube is up there.


YouTube is what you make of it. There are moderate conservatives on the platform. I can think for myself so I don’t mind if some of it is just fear mongering or rhetoric.

Youtube's algorithm loves to promote far-right propaganda even when it's entirely unrelated, and the youtubers themselves largely spew nonsense. It's a terrible place to do anything if you want an accurate portrayal of reality.
The Mediterranean salamander preserve of Alcala-Cordel

User avatar
Nilokeras
Minister
 
Posts: 2539
Founded: Jul 14, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Nilokeras » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:20 pm

Socialist Ancomistan wrote:Ohkayy. So there is this YouTube channel that I am hooked onto called Whatifalthist, who basically talks about predicting the geopolitical future of our world through books he has read as well as what the world has already gone through. I don’t take very much of what he says to gospel, but there is still something calming about his voice and the maps he uses that keeps me addicted to the content. My favorite videos are about his outlook on future world superpowers and countries that should/shouldn’t have been rich.

Link to his channel here (recommended): https://youtube.com/user/WhatifAltHist


Woah a clash of civilizations rightist with Paradox map painter game brain rot

talk about a unique insight

User avatar
United Calanworie
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 754
Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby United Calanworie » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:21 pm

The New Rio Grande wrote:
Sordhau wrote:
I forgot you were a Trotskyist. Cringe.

What’s the difference? You’re all a bunch of commies. I’ll spit in all of your faces.

*** Warned for trolling. *** Learn the rules, ideally before you get any more warnings.
Discord: Aav#7564
She/Her/Hers
||||||||||||||||||||
HYPR: TG API software (GitHub) | Spyglass (forum) (GitHub) (Latest Release)
No software/scripts contained within my GitHub, or GitHubs that I have contributed to is guaranteed by Moderation/Administration to be rules compliant. As always, use scripts/API tools at YOUR OWN RISK.
Posts made speaking as a staff member will either say so, or include Ominous Redtext™

User avatar
Neanderthaland
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8700
Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Neanderthaland » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:29 pm

Alcala-Cordel wrote:
Optopias wrote:
YouTube is what you make of it. There are moderate conservatives on the platform. I can think for myself so I don’t mind if some of it is just fear mongering or rhetoric.

Youtube's algorithm loves to promote far-right propaganda even when it's entirely unrelated, and the youtubers themselves largely spew nonsense. It's a terrible place to do anything if you want an accurate portrayal of reality.

Especially their new short-video platform. The one that's made to emulate tictok. Loves right-wing content for some reason.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

User avatar
Sordhau
Senator
 
Posts: 4167
Founded: Nov 24, 2021
Democratic Socialists

Postby Sordhau » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:52 pm

Raxulan Empire wrote:I used to be a Conservative, but my desire for liberty and thirst for knowledge guided by facts, logic, and reason has led me deeper and deeper into the Libertarian Right, such to the point that I've become something of an Anarcho Capitalist.


There's enough irony in this statement to sink a continent.
| ☆ | ☭ | Council Communist | Anti-Imperialist | Post-Racialist | Revolutionary Socialist | ☭ | ☆ |

She/Her
Jennifer/Jenny

User avatar
Kalivyah
Diplomat
 
Posts: 725
Founded: Aug 30, 2022
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kalivyah » Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:29 pm

Sordhau wrote:
Raxulan Empire wrote:I used to be a Conservative, but my desire for liberty and thirst for knowledge guided by facts, logic, and reason has led me deeper and deeper into the Libertarian Right, such to the point that I've become something of an Anarcho Capitalist.


There's enough irony in this statement to sink a continent.

There's not really any irony in that statement.
Kali
" A goddess in Hinduism, one of the most significant figures within that religion, who destroys evil forces and bestows liberation."
she/they/him

Extremely queer. Also probably mentally deranged
☭ Marxist-Leninist
Part of the Glorious 50 Cent Army!

User avatar
Sordhau
Senator
 
Posts: 4167
Founded: Nov 24, 2021
Democratic Socialists

Postby Sordhau » Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:41 pm

Kalivyah wrote:
Sordhau wrote:
There's enough irony in this statement to sink a continent.

There's not really any irony in that statement.


No it's fairly ironic for someone to say they value liberty and logic while simultaneously admitting to be an AnCap - an ideology known for the exact opposite.
| ☆ | ☭ | Council Communist | Anti-Imperialist | Post-Racialist | Revolutionary Socialist | ☭ | ☆ |

She/Her
Jennifer/Jenny

User avatar
Suriyanakhon
Minister
 
Posts: 3169
Founded: Apr 27, 2020
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Suriyanakhon » Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:44 pm

Christian Confederation wrote:destroyed our culture


How?
Resident Drowned Victorian Waif & Theravada Buddhist
dO yOu LiStEn tO gIrL iN rEd
Hoppean Marxist, Secular Theocrat, Ultra-Nationalist Globalist, Bordigaist Monarchist w/ Sino-Stalinist Characteristics, Doctorate from Paradox Interactive University of Political Science & Military Theory
Actually just a Council Communist

User avatar
Suriyanakhon
Minister
 
Posts: 3169
Founded: Apr 27, 2020
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Suriyanakhon » Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:45 pm

Sordhau wrote:
Nilokeras wrote:
Nobody 'won' the Cold War. Just two different factions of bourgeois class dictatorship reconciling.


I forgot you were a Trotskyist. Cringe.


I mean, like every non-armchair Communist I've met in the US has almost exclusively been Trotskyist. They tend to be alright, outside of their propensity to destroying the ecosystem through mass newspaper production.
Last edited by Suriyanakhon on Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resident Drowned Victorian Waif & Theravada Buddhist
dO yOu LiStEn tO gIrL iN rEd
Hoppean Marxist, Secular Theocrat, Ultra-Nationalist Globalist, Bordigaist Monarchist w/ Sino-Stalinist Characteristics, Doctorate from Paradox Interactive University of Political Science & Military Theory
Actually just a Council Communist

User avatar
Kalivyah
Diplomat
 
Posts: 725
Founded: Aug 30, 2022
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kalivyah » Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:55 pm

Sordhau wrote:
Kalivyah wrote:There's not really any irony in that statement.


No it's fairly ironic for someone to say they value liberty and logic while simultaneously admitting to be an AnCap - an ideology known for the exact opposite.

Well by definition of "liberty" you mean the liberty to do whatever you want (including exploit others for your own gain or purely out of sadistic fun) then technically AnCap does profess this.
Kali
" A goddess in Hinduism, one of the most significant figures within that religion, who destroys evil forces and bestows liberation."
she/they/him

Extremely queer. Also probably mentally deranged
☭ Marxist-Leninist
Part of the Glorious 50 Cent Army!

User avatar
Duvniask
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6230
Founded: Aug 30, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Duvniask » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:45 am

Sordhau wrote:
Nilokeras wrote:
Nobody 'won' the Cold War. Just two different factions of bourgeois class dictatorship reconciling.


I forgot you were a Trotskyist. Cringe.

Trotsky never held that the Soviet Union was a bourgeois class dictatorship. His notion of it being a "degenerated workers state" explicitly denied this.
Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama. Ek veit einn at aldri deyr: dómr um dauðan hvern.

User avatar
Rusticus I Damianus
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 171
Founded: Jul 10, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rusticus I Damianus » Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:15 am

Kalivyah wrote:
Sordhau wrote:
No it's fairly ironic for someone to say they value liberty and logic while simultaneously admitting to be an AnCap - an ideology known for the exact opposite.

Well by definition of "liberty" you mean the liberty to do whatever you want (including exploit others for your own gain or purely out of sadistic fun) then technically AnCap does profess this.

Ancap does not profess this, nor does anyone that supports it.
Last edited by Rusticus I Damianus on Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Antifa are the real Fascists.

Only answer is Lord, Life, and Liberty, not the Left.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: New Kowloon Bay

Advertisement

Remove ads