NATION

PASSWORD

The Problem with Andrew Tate (and Incel Radicalization)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:18 pm

Celritannia wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:They literary said that they want to outlaw an ideology. How is that not oppression? Realising that they can't do something despite really, really wanting to doesn't make it any less oppressive

Outlawing an ideology is not oppressing people.
Is outlawing nazism oppression?

A NAZI would think it is. "Someone has a different opinion to me, we should outlaw that opinion" doesn't do much to help your case. And unless that ideology is downright dangerous (such as NAZIism), then yes, it is oppression. Was it not oppression for the NAZIs to outlaw communism? Outlawing NAZIism is not oppression, outlawing general run of the mill right-wing ideology is oppression. Also, are equating your average, run-of-the-mill right winger to NAZIs? Because doing so completely contradicts everything else you've said
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:19 pm

*shrugs* It balances out if the NSDAP banned all of political parties when they were in control and oppressed everyone not on their side within Germany at the time. I tend to believe that banning politics is futile in actually purging what is being suppressed. It just creates shadow societies where they meet in secret and gaslight/lie/change their name/location if the state gives them any real difficulties. Ideas and their power/influence/popularity is what usually wins out.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:20 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:
Celritannia wrote:

A NAZI would think it is. "Someone has a different opinion to me, we should outlaw that opinion" doesn't do much to help your case. And unless that ideology is downright dangerous (such as NAZIism), then yes, it is oppression. Was it not oppression for the NAZIs to outlaw communism? Outlawing NAZIism is not oppression, outlawing general run of the mill right-wing ideology is oppression. Also, are equating your average, run-of-the-mill right winger to NAZIs? Because doing so completely contradicts everything else you've said

sai is quite literally and sincerely a neo-nazi
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:21 pm

Celritannia wrote:

I'm not asking a Nazi, I am asking you. Unless you are a nazi?
Is outlawing nazisim ( an ideology that spread fear, oppression, and slaughtered countless millions) oppression?

I want you to really think about this, and while you do, I want you to think about far-right ideologies as a whole. Should we allow them to oppress the LGBTQ+ Community? Should we allow them to oppress other ethnic groups? Should we allow them to oppress Women? Should we allow them to oppress anyone they feel do not adhere to their principles?
Because that is what the Nazis did.
Last edited by Celritannia on Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist

Apocalyptic Haven
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 17, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Apocalyptic Haven » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:22 pm

Saiwania wrote:
Neu California wrote:Treating LGBT people as if they deserve to be scorned, abused, and never.knowing a life where discriminating against them wasn't justified until recently being a major example.

If you believe in your heart of hearts that biological men can't be women and biological women can't be men, there is no reason to compromise on that or validate what you consider to be invalid.

It is unfortunate, but there will be zero sum situations where only one side can win out. I'm never truly going to consider a trans woman and a woman to be one and the same or vice versa, just because inclusivity crap is popular these days.

Dude, do you even know any transgender people? Because I do and I’m convinced that they are not truly the gender assigned to them at birth. One of them is my sister in law.
Just think of the Pacific Northwest under a charismatic, theocratic ruler who has many wives, lovers, etc. and was directly appointed by the hand of God. With plenty of both leftist and some rightist policies in place under his enlightened guidance. Very sex-positive laws, too. This ain't your grandfather's theocracy. It's a utopia in the midst of a post apocalyptic Dark Age.

“Go West, young man.” - Horace Greeley
"Agitate, agitate, agitate." - Frederick Douglass, advising a young man
Neoliberal and neoconservative elites will have no clue how much they are hated until just after they are removed from power.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:24 pm

Saiwania wrote:*shrugs* It balances out if the NSDAP banned all of political parties when they were in control and oppressed everyone not on their side within Germany at the time. I tend to believe that banning politics is futile in actually purging what is being suppressed. It just creates shadow societies where they meet in secret and gaslight/lie/change their name/location if the state gives them any real difficulties. Ideas and their power/influence/popularity is what usually wins out.

That's because your views are a danger to society.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:25 pm

Celritannia wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:A NAZI would think it is. "Someone has a different opinion to me, we should outlaw that opinion" doesn't do much to help your case. And unless that ideology is downright dangerous (such as NAZIism), then yes, it is oppression. Was it not oppression for the NAZIs to outlaw communism? Outlawing NAZIism is not oppression, outlawing general run of the mill right-wing ideology is oppression. Also, are equating your average, run-of-the-mill right winger to NAZIs? Because doing so completely contradicts everything else you've said

Is outlawing nazisim ( an ideology that spread fear, oppression, and slaughtered countless millions) oppression?

I want you to really think about this, and while you do, I want you to think about far-right ideologies as a whole. Should we allow them to oppress the LGBTQ+ Community? Should we allow them to oppress other ethnic groups? Should we allow them to oppress Women? Should we allow them to oppress anyone they feel do not adhere to their principles?

No, outlawing NAZIism is not oppression. Fuck NAZIism. If your end goal is hatred and division, then fuck your ideology. However, equating your average, run of the mill right-winger to a NAZI does nothing but proves my point
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:27 pm

Celritannia wrote:

No, outlawing NAZIism is not oppression. Fuck NAZIism. However, you equating your average, run of the mill right-winger to a NAZI does nothing but proves my point

You have made no point except saying that right-wingers are being oppressed when they clearly are not.
Please tell me where far-right individuals believe in equality for all.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:27 pm

Celritannia wrote:

No, outlawing NAZIism is not oppression. Fuck NAZIism. However, you equating your average, run of the mill right-winger to a NAZI does nothing but proves my point

...you do realize this whole argument of yours sparked from a comment made in response to an actual nazi, right?

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:30 pm

Celritannia wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:No, outlawing NAZIism is not oppression. Fuck NAZIism. However, you equating your average, run of the mill right-winger to a NAZI does nothing but proves my point

You have made no point except saying that right-wingers are being oppressed when they clearly are not.

Ha? I was replying to Mountains and Volcanoes saying that ALL right-winged ideology should be silenced, M&V stated that right-wingers should be oppressed, and that's what I was replying to

Necroghastia wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:No, outlawing NAZIism is not oppression. Fuck NAZIism. However, you equating your average, run of the mill right-winger to a NAZI does nothing but proves my point

...you do realize this whole argument of yours sparked from a comment made in response to an actual nazi, right?

No, I was not supporting Andrew Tate. I even called him a fruit loop. I was trying to explain how people are drawn to his ideology
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:32 pm

Celritannia wrote:You have made no point except saying that right-wingers are being oppressed when they clearly are not.

Ha? I was replying to Mountains and Volcanoes saying that ALL right-winged ideology should be silenced

And why did M&V say that? Because a literal Nazi does not believe in the basic understanding and psychological evidence that trans people are the gender they say they are, because it does not line up with Sai's fascist ideology.
Sai wants to keep people oppressed by denying them their right to be the gender they are.

Not once did M&V say he wanted people oppressed.
Last edited by Celritannia on Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Alcala-Cordel
Senator

Founded: Dec 16, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Alcala-Cordel » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:34 pm

Celritannia wrote:

No, outlawing NAZIism is not oppression. Fuck NAZIism. If your end goal is hatred and division, then fuck your ideology. However, equating your average, run of the mill right-winger to a NAZI does nothing but proves my point

There are legitimate parallels to be drawn between some general right wing ideas and Nazism.
FROM THE RIVER TO THE SEA

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:34 pm

Apocalyptic Haven wrote:Dude, do you even know any transgender people? Because I do and I’m convinced that they are not truly the gender assigned to them at birth. One of them is my sister in law.

I don't and I hope not to in real life (more okay if its exclusively online chat), same is true for dating or (heaven forbid) sleeping with any.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:35 pm

Celritannia wrote:You have made no point except saying that right-wingers are being oppressed when they clearly are not.

Ha? I was replying to Mountains and Volcanoes saying that ALL right-winged ideology should be silenced, M&V stated that right-wingers should be oppressed, and that's what I was replying to

No, you were replying to M 'n' V saying that a post written by a nazi left enough of a bad taste in their mouth that it made them wish conservatism was banned.

I for one can understand hyperbole said in disgust.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:35 pm

Saiwania wrote:
Apocalyptic Haven wrote:Dude, do you even know any transgender people? Because I do and I’m convinced that they are not truly the gender assigned to them at birth. One of them is my sister in law.

I don't and I hope not to in real life (more okay if its exclusively online chat), same is true for dating or (heaven forbid) sleeping with any.

This is just sickening.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:36 pm

Saiwania wrote:

OOGA BOOGA

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:38 pm

Celritannia wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Ha? I was replying to Mountains and Volcanoes saying that ALL right-winged ideology should be silenced

And why did M&V say that? Because a literal Nazi does not believe in the basic understanding and psychological evidence that trans people are the gender they say they are because it does not line up with Sai's fascist ideologies.
Sai wants to keep people oppressed by denying them their right to be the gender they are.

M&V never said anything about Sai or NAZIs. M&V said that with regards to ALL right wingers. Point still stands. If M&V is incapable of distinguishing between your average run of the mill right winger and a NAZI, then it proves my point. If M&V can't distinguish between an average, run-of-the-mill right winger and a NAZI, why would you expect an average run of the mill right winger to distinguish between an average run-of-the-mill left winger and an extremist? Especially considering that the average run-of-the-mill left winger of NSG is clutching at straws to support M&V's point, rather than condemn it, or at least admit that it was worded poorly.
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:40 pm

Celritannia wrote:
And why did M&V say that? Because a literal Nazi does not believe in the basic understanding and psychological evidence that trans people are the gender they say they are because it does not line up with Sai's fascist ideologies.

M&V never said anything about Sai or NAZIs. M&V said that with regards to ALL right wingers. Point still stands. If M&V is incapable of distinguishing between your average run of the mill right winger and a NAZI, then it proves my point. If M&V can't distinguish between an average, run-of-the-mill right winger and a NAZI, why would you expect an average run of the mill right winger to distinguish between an average run-of-the-mill left winger and an extremist? Especially considering that the average run-of-the-mill left winger of NSG is clutching at straws to support M&V's point, rather than condemn it, or at least admit that it was worded poorly.

M&V was responding to a comment Sai made, with Sai being a self-proclaimed Nazi.
You are literally defending a Nazi right now.
Last edited by Celritannia on Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:44 pm

Celritannia wrote:That's because your views are a danger to society.

Why defend a society if you see it as no good? I want it replaced with something different, but how or with what is the big question? People are upset at the Taliban taking over Afghanistan for example, but they're arguably an improvement over previous regime and has legitimacy in the context of that country's people and principles.
Sith Acolyte

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:45 pm

Celritannia wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:M&V never said anything about Sai or NAZIs. M&V said that with regards to ALL right wingers. Point still stands. If M&V is incapable of distinguishing between your average run of the mill right winger and a NAZI, then it proves my point. If M&V can't distinguish between an average, run-of-the-mill right winger and a NAZI, why would you expect an average run of the mill right winger to distinguish between an average run-of-the-mill left winger and an extremist? Especially considering that the average run-of-the-mill left winger of NSG is clutching at straws to support M&V's point, rather than condemn it, or at least admit that it was worded poorly.

M&V was responding to a comment Sai made, with Sai being a self-proclaimed Nazi.
You are defending a Nazi right now.

No I am not. I am saying that M&V should not equate all right-wingers with NAZIs. And how was I supposed to that Sai was a NAZI, especially in this context? Context matters. M&V probably worded it poorly, but context matters. If M&V worded it poorly, that's fine, but come out and admit that. Don't assume people can infer context. M&V said that all right winger should be oppressed. They said nothing about Sai specifically, nor anything about far right wingers. They implied that they were referring to all right wingers. Point still stands

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:46 pm

Saiwania wrote:

Why defend a society if you see it as no good? I want it replaced with something different, but how or with what is the big question? People are upset at the Taliban taking over Afghanistan for example, but they're arguably an improvement over previous regime and has legitimacy in the context of that country's people and principles.

Yes, because I also want to see LGBTQ+ people executed, women not being able to have rights, religion invading daily life, abandonment of science and research, banning culture, history, art, etc.
Last edited by Celritannia on Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:48 pm

Celritannia wrote:
Saiwania wrote:

Yes, because I also want to see LGBTQ+ people executed, women not being able to have rights, religion invading daily life, abandonment of science and research, banning culture, history, art, etc.

And what's that gotta do with your average, run-of-the-mill right winger? You do realise that many right-wingers are themselves transgender, right?

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:49 pm

Celritannia wrote:M&V was responding to a comment Sai made, with Sai being a self-proclaimed Nazi.
You are defending a Nazi right now.

No I am not. I am saying that M&V should not equate all right-wingers with NAZIs. And how was I supposed to that Sai was a NAZI, especially in this context? Context matters. M&V probably worded it poorly, but context matters. If M&V worded it poorly, that's fine, but come out and admit that. Don't assume people can infer context. M&V said that all right winger should be oppressed. They said nothing about Sai specifically, nor anything about far right wingers. They implied that they were referring to all right wingers. Point still stands

Mountains and Volcanoes wrote:
Saiwania wrote:If you believe in your heart of hearts that biological men can't be women and biological women can't be men, there is no reason to compromise on that or validate what you consider to be invalid.

It is unfortunate, but there will be zero sum situations where only one side can win out. I'm never truly going to consider a trans woman and a woman to be one and the same or vice versa, just because inclusivity crap is popular these days.
This mindset, makes me want to outlaw conservatism as a whole! But I know, that will never happen due to Neoliberal realism! (Plus it’s insidious use of tokenism)

You are defending sai, a nazi, whos view would be to deny transpeople their rights to identify as their stated gender.

I think it is pretty clear Sai has always been a Nazi.

Again, point to me where M&V said all rightwingers should be oppressed.
Last edited by Celritannia on Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:50 pm

Celritannia wrote:

And what's that gotta do with your average, run-of-the-mill right winger? You do realise that many right-wingers are themselves transgender, right?

Ah, yes, let's keep defending oppression.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Alcala-Cordel
Senator

Founded: Dec 16, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Alcala-Cordel » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:50 pm

Saiwania wrote:

Because your ideal society is almost everything that sucks about the status quo on steroids. The Taliban actively work to destroy the lives of every woman in the country, and it's telling that you compare your own ideas to theirs.
FROM THE RIVER TO THE SEA

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General