NATION

PASSWORD

Languages of NS

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aursi
Minister

Founded: Nov 18, 2021
Corporate Police State

Postby Aursi » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:32 am

Fluent: English, Bengali, Hindi, Urdu
Learning: Spanish
Founder and Co-Founder of
ATO UCN SMOL
UADC GENA FA
GADN PESTO ULIBOR
IAD OAMC SUSS
Founded: 19.11.1975
Capital: Aurtumn
Chancellor: Fedor Sorokin
Population: 75 Million
GDP: 6@ Trillion Aursifens
Kingdom of Aursi
Freedom, Democracy, Liberty
Current Year: 2035

_
_
PortalOverviewNewsMilitaryMapsEmbassyStore

Spiderman
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 29, 2022
New York Times Democracy

Postby Spiderman » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:38 am

All are Equal wrote:Anyone here know ASL? I wish I could learn it

I took ASL in college, nowadays I can still fingerspell and maybe sign a few other words or phrases - I can mostly remember the grammar and sentence structure too. But I gotta be lucky to string together even a fragmented conversation, at least until I can fluently whip out "I don't know how to sign" or "I don't know ASL" :lol:. I should probably brush up on it, maybe reach out to some old professors.

These two sites are good for looking up specific signs and syntax, they may also have some helpful resources on how to learn the language too. Hopefully this is of any guidance, but good luck regardless, hope you can learn it too!
Last edited by Spiderman on Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:17 am

English is my native language and it's the only one that I speak fluently, let alone use on a daily basis.

I can speak some French and I know enough that if you hand me a piece of paper and told me to read it to an audience, I can probably get the gist right, even if I don't know what the hell most of the words mean. I'm trying to learn it, given that it is important for me to be able to speak both languages if I want to enter federal politics at a high level.

I knew some Spanish phrases, but that's entirely due to one television program when I was a kid, and I know far less of it than I did then.

Finally, I would like to learn Plains Cree, because it is one of the indigenous languages spoken where I live, and I would like to see it become more widespread in day-to-day life.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Amary
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 24, 2021
Capitalizt

Postby Amary » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:27 am

Somali (native speaker), French (learned in school), German (learned when i was living there) Dutch (learned when I was living there). I was a refugee so i speak quit a lot of languages.

Amary
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 24, 2021
Capitalizt

Postby Amary » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:34 am

Amary wrote:Somali (native speaker), French (learned in school), German (learned when i was living there) Dutch (learned when I was living there). I was a refugee so i speak quit a lot of languages.

Oh and English (learned from living English speaking countries)

Previous

Return to General