NATION

PASSWORD

Oh they'll be back...

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Fritzergald
Spokesperson

Founded: May 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Oh they'll be back...

Postby Fritzergald » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:36 pm

Back on the site after another random hiatus - as you can see, I've (not?) been around for a long time, so I just want people to reply so I can see how many accounts are around the same age, and if there's any older floating around!

Since this is a discussions post, what keeps you coming back to ole faithful NationStates.net? :bow:
Lord of the Dead, Anubis
A violent Revolution will only destroy, and divide. The Revolution, must be from within

Economic Left/Right: -6.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.97

Northern Seleucia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Northern Seleucia » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:40 pm

The forums.
The United States of America
"That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom – and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth."
American Imperialist - Evangelical Christian
Слава Україні! - Stand with Israel
Overview | Encyclopedia Americana | The World | About Me| My Inspiration in Two Videos
National News: Enraged Enfield Cow Injures Farmer with Ax | Defendant Who Plead Innocent Has Rage Episode During Trial; Kills Prosecutor Accusing Him of Aggravated Homicide | Hurricane Rips Through Cemetery; Hundreds Found Dead | Hidden Burglar Discovered after Husband Tells Jokes; Hears Laughter Upstairs

Abarri
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 10, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Abarri » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:16 pm

Hello. I guess it's the RMB and the nature of the site. Also the April Fools, N-Day, and Z-Day events. My cards phase have passed and I only sell or buy when I feel like it. Forums can be interesting occasionally too...
Click to see factbook entries. Please ignore the income tax rate provided by NS. Timeline is frozen at 2021.

Prefers The South Pacific. Spanish is not my native language. I often take things for granted. Green is my favorite color. Collects music CDs. A male who's an almost-libertarian. Nominal non-practicing Protestant. Eh, to heck with it, I'm unaffiliated. Poetaster.
How I found NS. Try not guessing where I reside.
We need to accept that there are things beyond our control.
Also, if having a letter in a flag is a sin, I'm your vexillographical sinner.

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:38 pm

I used to RP here but now I just stick around to argue in general. Sometimes if I'm tired I browse through general to get myself angrily aware. Works every time.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Sweitchland
Spokesperson

Founded: May 04, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Sweitchland » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:45 pm

The shits and giggles of F7 spam discussions that can be entertaining, brainless, or both.
Sweitchland is a nation based on the Texan Coast with a superior hold on global economics and shit tons of everything, like enemies. Our timeline is set in the 2020s doomsday. We have average civil rights, large technological advancements, above-average economy, military supremacy, and an actual competent government.
everyone in the TET forum, Azurros, Meadowfields, NSAR

Quote of the Week: I’m back and you probably didn’t notice 8)
Great Russian War of 2022: The 5th Army Group has captured Mexicali and is moving to secure Baja California until they reach Cabo.
National Anthem: HOI4 Main Theme
2.80 USD = 1 Sweitchan' Baht
NS stats executed by 106mm Recoilless Rifle, don’t ask why
a very rare Thai-American

Nevertopia
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nevertopia » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:47 pm

Fritzergald wrote:Back on the site after another random hiatus - as you can see, I've (not?) been around for a long time, so I just want people to reply so I can see how many accounts are around the same age, and if there's any older floating around!

Since this is a discussions post, what keeps you coming back to ole faithful NationStates.net? :bow:

wow 10 years! Thats a whole epoch of an adults lifetime! How has life changed for you in the last 10 years? Im here mostly to test out how certain political beliefs play out. So far I've learned that its better to be hands off and let people be more self-determining in terms of politics, but use the government as a safety net for society.

This is my original account but I've gone through several side accounts to perform more testing, this isnt even my main account anymore but I keep it active because my factbook gets featured a lot in newbie tutorials so I try to log in and not let it get deleted. The biggest issue with this nation I found is the government funds everything, even stuff that should be allowed to fail or taken up by more capitalist means and that leads to incredibly high taxes.

Right now Im perfecting my new main account and once I get the type of nation I have I think I'll make a good-bye post at some point and leave it behind. I find this website rather interesting in figuring out how certain politics shape a nation and considering the political climate nowadays I think its important to give pause and analyze our political beliefs and see if they actually are optimal.
Last edited by Nevertopia on Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So the CCP won't let me be or let me be me so let me see, they tried to shut me down on CBC but it feels so empty without me.
Communism has failed every time its been tried.
Civilization Index: Class 9.28
Tier 7: Stellar Settler | Level 7: Wonderful Wizard | Type 7: Astro Ambassador
This nation's overview is the primary canon. For more information use NS stats.
Black Lives Matter

Arpasia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 18, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Arpasia » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:02 pm

Forum Seven and National & International roleplaying.
Ek Sê!, A Nation on Eastern Altropia, basically an Alternate Universe France.
NS Stats executed by M67 Rifle.
Le temps de Philippeaux: OrbOb satellite captures S.S Jiangxiao moored on pirate-controlled Nasrah coast. | Black Coast government fully transitions into military dictatorship virtually overnight. | 5.7 magnitude earthquake rocks western Norteagua and Cortina. | Arpasian ambassador to Sufistan disappears after going inside People's Council building.
Since those people have anime girls and whatnot on their flags, I decide to use him in my flag, and also, this is not Henry on my flag, it's Konrad and a marine.

Likes: Quailty Posts, F7, GE&T, Henry Stickmin, S-61R, UH-60.
Dislikes: Summies, Adbots, Slaver Nations, One-liners.

NEON Cactus Kid
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 30, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby NEON Cactus Kid » Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:00 am

Boredom

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General