NATION

PASSWORD

Sugar & Spice

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Orwell Society
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:47 am

Indomitable Friendship wrote:
Hukhalia wrote:(god I hate the political compass)

I also dislike it, but for the sake of interest, where would you place this system on the map?

Probably dead center on the x and way down on the y.
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

A vision without action is just a daydream

Port Caverton
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 01, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Port Caverton » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:51 am

"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."

Indomitable Friendship
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 16, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Indomitable Friendship » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:33 pm

That's a rather adorable political ball. I'm not sure if I'm exactly that, though. I get the impression that strain is pro-NAP, whereas I am strongly anti-NAP. Furthermore, I wouldn't desire regulating things too much beyond the environment and I'm not for a large welfare system. Coincidentally, I had returned to this thread to dub myself a "Minitarian" and this brand of mine as "Minitarianism", as in a minimalist intrusion of the public into the private, both economically and morally. We do seem close, though.

Indomitable Friendship
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 16, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Indomitable Friendship » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:37 pm

The Orwell Society wrote:
Indomitable Friendship wrote:I also dislike it, but for the sake of interest, where would you place this system on the map?

Probably dead center on the x and way down on the y.

Cool, hopefully people will stop calling me a Nazi :roll:.

HISPIDA
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 21, 2021
Anarchy

Postby HISPIDA » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:20 pm

so, uhh...

this isn't good. this isn't within ten miles of good. if i dropped a nuclear bomb on goodness, this post wouldn't even receive radiation burns.
Algerstonia did nothing wrong. Hold Moderators accountable. (she/they)
"We have liberated Europe from fascism, and they will never forgive us for it." - Georgy Zhukov (purportedly)
read my iiwiki
free palestine. trans rights are human rights. no war but class war
Victory Day: February 23, 2022

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:26 pm

Indomitable Friendship wrote:*throws goat's blood on the floor and starts chanting*
Brb, I'm summoning Heloin.

Far right movements attempting co-opt aspects of left movements is a classic tactic that can’t work to create anything usable as the ideologies are fundamentally unable to be merged without one being destroyed. It isn’t synchronizing beliefs, it’s a trick.
Last edited by Heloin on Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forever Indomitable
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 25, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Forever Indomitable » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:53 pm

*Assumes the position*
*Rolls up sleeves*
*Streeeeetch*
*Deep breath in*
*Deep breath out*

"Let's do this."

*Picks up thread and chucks it all the way to page 1*

Whew. Intellectual property has no right to exist.
Last edited by Forever Indomitable on Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Living in the limelight, the universal dream
For those who wish to seem
Those who wish to be, must put aside the alienation
Get on with the fascination
The real relation, the underlying theme

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:58 pm

Forever Indomitable wrote:*Assumes the position*
*Rolls up sleeves*
*Streeeeetch*
*Deep breath in*
*Deep breath out*

"Let's do this."

Heloin wrote:Far right movements attempting co-opt aspects of left movements is a classic tactic that can’t work to create anything usable as the ideologies are fundamentally unable to be merged without one being destroyed. It isn’t synchronizing beliefs, it’s a trick.

And make a new thread if you want to talk about intellectual property. It’s been over a month since this one was touched. Prime material for a grave digging lock.

Forever Indomitable
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Forever Indomitable » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:02 pm

Heloin wrote:
Forever Indomitable wrote:*Assumes the position*
*Rolls up sleeves*
*Streeeeetch*
*Deep breath in*
*Deep breath out*

"Let's do this."

Heloin wrote:Far right movements attempting co-opt aspects of left movements is a classic tactic that can’t work to create anything usable as the ideologies are fundamentally unable to be merged without one being destroyed. It isn’t synchronizing beliefs, it’s a trick.

And make a new thread if you want to talk about intellectual property. It’s been over a month since this one was touched. Prime material for a grave digging lock.

The abolishment of intellectual property is a key factor in my economic philosophy and thus relevant. Also, I feel like NSG gets a little more traumatized everytime I make a new thread. I think the consensus is that this system isn't "far right", either.
Last edited by Forever Indomitable on Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:09 pm

Forever Indomitable wrote:
Heloin wrote:

The abolishment of intellectual property is a key factor in my economic philosophy and thus relevant.

Ok, I guess? What do you think you mean? Do you mean copyright? Trademarks? Patents? Or do you mean all of those things? The term intellectual property is vague and broad, if you’re just calling for it’s abolishment then why should your “ideology” be treated like it’s serious?

Also, I feel like NSG gets a little more traumatized everytime I make a new thread.

I think you may overthink other people’s opinion of you then.

Forever Indomitable wrote:I think the consensus is that this system isn't "far right", either.

I could be told a consensus of folks here believed monarchs are a liberal ideology and I would consider that opinion with the same amount of respect as I hold your far right libertarian ideology.
Last edited by Heloin on Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forever Indomitable
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Forever Indomitable » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:20 pm

Heloin wrote:
Forever Indomitable wrote:
The abolishment of intellectual property is a key factor in my economic philosophy and thus relevant.

Ok, I guess? What do you think you mean? Do you mean copyright? Trademarks? Patents? Or do you mean all of those things? The term intellectual property is vague and broad, if you’re just calling for it’s abolishment then why should your “ideology” be treated like it’s serious?

Also, I feel like NSG gets a little more traumatized everytime I make a new thread.

I think you may overthink other people’s opinion of you then.

All of them, I thought about starting a thread to specifically talk about it....maybe in the future and yeah, I probably do.

Alright, lifting this thread all the way to page 1 took every fiber of my being and I am now physically exhausted, goodnight.

Forever Indomitable
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Forever Indomitable » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:01 am

Hispida wrote:so, uhh...

this isn't good. this isn't within ten miles of good. if i dropped a nuclear bomb on goodness, this post wouldn't even receive radiation burns.

Care to articulate why?

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:33 am

This is clearly gravedigging, as the thread has not been posted to in six weeks.

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... 260044#008
Gravedigging: Posting a reply on a long unused thread. Adding legitimate new material is permitted, but the acceptable age varies from forum to forum. Check the stickies in each forum to determine the standard for what constitutes gravedigging.
as stated in the One Stop Rules Shop.

viewtopic.php?p=38592905#p38592905
Gravedigging:

Please do not delve down into the depths to revive the lurching discussions of eld. If it's been a good couple of weeks, for this forum in any case, let it rest in peace rather than dredging up its bones for another shake.
As stated in the stickies for the General forum.

I want to be clear that the thread is being locked for violating the general rules against gravedigging on the site in general, and the specific definition of gravedigging for the General forum.
Last edited by Katganistan on Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General