NATION

PASSWORD

A Matter of Pride

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:41 pm

The Proud Transphobe wrote:
Red Lake Circle wrote:You’re not “using correct terminology,” you’re asking everyone else to overhaul theirs because it doesn’t fit your exceedingly narrow view of what gender should be. You know that study that found that 40% of trans youth attempt suicide? This exact kind of position has been linked to just how horrifically high that statistic is. Your reasoning is pedantic at best and malicious at worst, and it’s results make the world an actively less safe place for a substantial portion of the population.

Suicidality is a personal problem that should be addressed by a therapist, not by thought-policing other people.

Red Lake Circle wrote:Scientific literature also shows that humans have gender as a psychosocial category. We are not denying that sex is a thing, but you are very much denying that gender is. You’re just being deliberately obtuse.

At no point have I said gender isn't a thing. I just recognize it is a social construct, and therefore (unlike science) extremely subjective. Like I have said before, you are free to categorize different genders as we discover them, just bear in mind they're going to have to be different than the terms we use for sex categories if you want to avoid confusion between sex and gender.

Vassenor wrote:
So you're still relying on biological essentialism because you know if you consider literally anything else your position becomes untenable.

Yeah. It's almost as if biology is a strong foundation of knowledge and truth you can't accept because your feelings are in the way.

Says the person who wants the whole of the English language rewritten to suit their feelings.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

The Proud Transphobe
Envoy

Founded: May 15, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Proud Transphobe » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:41 pm

Vassenor wrote:
The Proud Transphobe wrote:Most of the time, by asking the person - because the vast majority of people are going to give a biologically accurate answer. Their feelings aren't getting in the way of objectivity. But if there's ever a question, there are birth certificates and medical tests available to ascertain the truth.

So everyone must carry their birth certificate or submit to a medical test of your chosing before you will talk to them?

No. My default assumption is going to be that what someone tells me is correct (innocent until proven guilty and all that). All I'm saying is if a man tells me he's a woman and I call him a "she", he is wrong and I've been deceived.
"Speak your truth" = "Lie to yourself"
Me / Myself / I / Us / We / Our
My Flag Explained

The Proud Transphobe
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Proud Transphobe » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:43 pm

Vassenor wrote:
The Proud Transphobe wrote:Suicidality is a personal problem that should be addressed by a therapist, not by thought-policing other people.

At no point have I said gender isn't a thing. I just recognize it is a social construct, and therefore (unlike science) extremely subjective. Like I have said before, you are free to categorize different genders as we discover them, just bear in mind they're going to have to be different than the terms we use for sex categories if you want to avoid confusion between sex and gender.

Yeah. It's almost as if biology is a strong foundation of knowledge and truth you can't accept because your feelings are in the way.

Says the person who wants the whole of the English language rewritten to suit their feelings.

"Entire language"? We're talking about the traditional definitions of like a dozen words (no rewriting necessary), plus however many words you guys want to add. You are exaggerating by several orders of magnitude.
My Flag Explained

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:53 pm

Vassenor wrote:

"Entire language"? We're talking about the traditional definitions of like a dozen words (no rewriting necessary), plus however many words you guys want to add. You are exaggerating by several orders of magnitude.

And that is still the sort of prescriptivism that gets you laughed at by serious lignuists.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Western Theram
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 05, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Western Theram » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:53 pm

Vassenor wrote:
So everyone must carry their birth certificate or submit to a medical test of your chosing before you will talk to them?

No. My default assumption is going to be that what someone tells me is correct (innocent until proven guilty and all that). All I'm saying is if a man tells me he's a woman and I call him a "she", he is wrong and I've been deceived.

You’re not being “deceived” you’re being ignorant. Just admit you’re scared of trans people. I see no other reason to care this much about someone’s biology. It’s borderline if not obsessive
All policies are canon, stats only selectively
Acid-Communism |This nation does represent my views (is also a parody of them) Certified Rat Girl
☆ Proudhonian economics, Post-Modern tech, Anarchist paramilitaries, and Human test subjects for science ☣️
news:Gang of goblins charged with racketeering after gang war was interrupted.|Free Ravensburg coins the name of our animal: the Jackaroo

The Proud Transphobe
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Proud Transphobe » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:56 pm

Western Theram wrote:
The Proud Transphobe wrote:No. My default assumption is going to be that what someone tells me is correct (innocent until proven guilty and all that). All I'm saying is if a man tells me he's a woman and I call him a "she", he is wrong and I've been deceived.

You’re not being “deceived” you’re being ignorant. Just admit you’re scared of trans people. I see no other reason to care this much about someone’s biology. It’s borderline if not obsessive

Telling someone titled "The Proud Transphobe" to "just admit you're scared of trans people". :rofl:
My Flag Explained

Western Theram
Diplomat

Postby Western Theram » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:58 pm

Western Theram wrote:You’re not being “deceived” you’re being ignorant. Just admit you’re scared of trans people. I see no other reason to care this much about someone’s biology. It’s borderline if not obsessive

Telling someone titled "The Proud Transphobe" to "just admit you're scared of trans people". :rofl:

What exactly is so scary about trans people tho? Like literally what’s the point if you can’t tell? And if you can good job it doesn’t effect your life in any way shape or form.
Acid-Communism |This nation does represent my views (is also a parody of them) Certified Rat Girl
☆ Proudhonian economics, Post-Modern tech, Anarchist paramilitaries, and Human test subjects for science ☣️
news:Gang of goblins charged with racketeering after gang war was interrupted.|Free Ravensburg coins the name of our animal: the Jackaroo

Red Lake Circle
Diplomat

Founded: May 05, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Red Lake Circle » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:59 pm

Western Theram wrote:You’re not being “deceived” you’re being ignorant. Just admit you’re scared of trans people. I see no other reason to care this much about someone’s biology. It’s borderline if not obsessive

I mean, hey, at least you admitted to your irrational fear. That’s the first step to healing.
✶ ✶ ✶ The Naturalist Federation of Laguzrauth ✶ ✶ ✶
"For Nature and Liberty!"
- AHAKS NEWS RADIO -
01/15/1583 2000 GST: The trial for the murder of Faurgamu Reiks, the former head of National Revival who had connections to the terrorist group the Harjis Witoth, comes to a conclusion. Both Awareik Fairgunein and Hawi Marthal were convicted of second-degree murder. The public has a mixed response, with some agreeing with the sentencing and others believing the killing was justified. Presiding judge Aiktriu K. Kam responds, "I stand with the law, not public opinion."
Red Lake does not necssarily represent my personal views. I promise I'll make a tech factbook eventually. NS stats didn't respect the wildlife and got mauled. Language is Gothic.

Thethen
Envoy

Founded: Jun 10, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Thethen » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:00 pm

Western Theram wrote:
The Proud Transphobe wrote:Telling someone titled "The Proud Transphobe" to "just admit you're scared of trans people". :rofl:

What exactly is so scary about trans people tho? Like literally what’s the point if you can’t tell? And if you can good job it doesn’t effect your life in any way shape or form.

The fact that someone can change genders is weird to them, I guess.
HAVE YOU CHECKED YOUR FUNNY BONE?!?!
Sapply
ALL TGs will be deleted after 24 hours to prevent clutter, except for ones deemed important enough for archiving.

I will at least partly use NS stats for roleplay.
President: Poloric Albam (until after the presidential election)
GENA/WA Representative: Gerald Erepant
Des-Bal wrote:Anarchism is great, it's the richest environment for conquest. Just imagine, all you need to do is round up some weapons and some buddies to hold them and you too can be a warlord!
Emotional Support Crocodile wrote:Observing US politics from afar is like watching a stupid kid running into traffic, you try to warn them but they still have a big stupid grin as the bus hits them.

The Proud Transphobe
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Proud Transphobe » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:04 pm

Western Theram wrote:
The Proud Transphobe wrote:Telling someone titled "The Proud Transphobe" to "just admit you're scared of trans people". :rofl:

People who want to control my speech and thoughts based on what essentially amounts to religious zealotry are inherently scary. And it does affect me - when close friends I've known all my life demand I treat them as something I know full well they aren't.

Red Lake Circle wrote:

I mean, hey, at least you admitted to your irrational fear. That’s the first step to healing.

Heal? From what?
Last edited by The Proud Transphobe on Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Flag Explained

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:05 pm

Western Theram wrote:What exactly is so scary about trans people tho? Like literally what’s the point if you can’t tell? And if you can good job it doesn’t effect your life in any way shape or form.

People who want to control my speech and thoughts based on what essentially amounts to religious zealotry are inherently scary. And it does affect me - when close friends I've known all my life demand I treat them as something I know full well they aren't.

Whereas you want to control our speech and thoughts based on your zealous feelings which is totally different.

Also apparently you know other people better than they know themselves somehow which is totally normal and not at all patronising.
Last edited by Vassenor on Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Western Theram
Diplomat

Postby Western Theram » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:08 pm

Western Theram wrote:What exactly is so scary about trans people tho? Like literally what’s the point if you can’t tell? And if you can good job it doesn’t effect your life in any way shape or form.

You don’t really know your “close friends” then. Nor are you a true friend cause if you were you
would respect them. Also you’re the one saying we should add new words to “avoid confusion” if suicidality is a personal problem so is your “confusion” and irrational anger
Last edited by Western Theram on Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:13 pm

Said friends probably aren't going to fuck you, you know.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Islamic Essarn
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 25, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Essarn » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:13 pm

How do you report people on the forums?

Red Lake Circle
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Red Lake Circle » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:16 pm

Islamic Essarn wrote:How do you report people on the forums?

Nuts and Bolts > Moderation > Posting something with a topic title like “[R] (brief description of what you’re reporting)” along with a link to the offending post(s).

I wouldn’t hold out much hope, though; Proud Transphobe has been reported before and nothing happened.
- AHAKS NEWS RADIO -
01/15/1583 2000 GST: The trial for the murder of Faurgamu Reiks, the former head of National Revival who had connections to the terrorist group the Harjis Witoth, comes to a conclusion. Both Awareik Fairgunein and Hawi Marthal were convicted of second-degree murder. The public has a mixed response, with some agreeing with the sentencing and others believing the killing was justified. Presiding judge Aiktriu K. Kam responds, "I stand with the law, not public opinion."
Red Lake does not necssarily represent my personal views. I promise I'll make a tech factbook eventually. NS stats didn't respect the wildlife and got mauled. Language is Gothic.

The Proud Transphobe
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Proud Transphobe » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:25 pm

Vassenor wrote:
The Proud Transphobe wrote:People who want to control my speech and thoughts based on what essentially amounts to religious zealotry are inherently scary. And it does affect me - when close friends I've known all my life demand I treat them as something I know full well they aren't.

Whereas you want to control our speech and thoughts based on your zealous feelings which is totally different.

Touché. I suppose the desire for control is mutual then.

Also apparently you know other people better than they know themselves somehow which is totally normal and not at all patronising.

People hardly even know themselves. They tell themselves lies to feel better, or to reinforce internalized negativity. And let's be real: your doctor understands your body much better than you do. They are in a much better position to designate your sex objectively than you are. The truth is there are a lot of negative pressures encouraging people to adopt transgenderism. Men are constantly told they are the horrible oppressors of women. Women are constantly told men have privilege they can never attain. It's no wonder we see so many people with bottled up resentment toward their own body and social situation deciding to delude themselves about reality. It's no wonder so many harbor suicidal thoughts and feelings, or determine that self-harm via transition surgery is an acceptable alternative. The trans movement exists to make people miserable. It has no place being celebrated alongside people, such as gays, lesbians, intersex people, asexual people, or others who actually have a reason for pride. The best thing you can do for a trans person is tell them they are at their best the way they came into this world, and that they should not change anything about themselves. That there is not something wrong with them. That their body is not a mistake. That it is an integral part of them, and that no amount of modification or trickery will make them happy. I know you think this is patronizing, but it is the truth you need to hear.
Last edited by The Proud Transphobe on Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Flag Explained

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:38 pm

Vassenor wrote:

People hardly even know themselves. They tell themselves lies to feel better, or to reinforce internalized negativity. And let's be real: your doctor understands your body much better than you do. They are in a much better position to designate your sex objectively than you are. The truth is there are a lot of negative pressures encouraging people to adopt transgenderism. Men are constantly told they are the horrible oppressors of women. Women are constantly told men have privilege they can never attain. It's no wonder we see so many people with bottled up resentment toward their own body and social situation deciding to delude themselves about reality. It's no wonder so many harbor suicidal thoughts and feelings, or determine that self-harm via transition surgery is an acceptable alternative. The trans movement exists to make people miserable. It has no place being celebrated alongside people, such as gays, lesbians, intersex people, asexual people, or others who actually have a reason for pride. The best thing you can do for a trans person is tell them they are at their best the way they came into this world, and that they should not change anything about themselves. That there is not something wrong with them. That their body is not a mistake. That it is an integral part of them, and that no amount of modification or trickery will make them happy. I know you think this is patronizing, but it is the truth you need to hear.

And thinking like that is why suicidal ideation is so high among trans people to the point where actual affirming care results in 73% lower odds of suicidality in adolescent patients.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Equai
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 05, 2022
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Equai » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:41 pm

I would suggest your close friends to avoid you because you obviously aren't a good friend. If you claim that you know your close friends better then they know themselves then you are more detached fr reality then I thought. You can't know how someone else's feels, no matter how close you are to them. Only a person knows itself the best and your inability to accept people for who they are, plus obvious mysogyny and male entitlement you are no shy to share... Only suggestion i have for you close friends is to end all contacts with you. For their own good.
She/Her
MLM. Anti-war, anti-imperialist, pro-choice, atheist.
⚧♀Trans woman♀⚧

EBN News: USA-Equai Diplomatic Rift: Cold War Rhetoric Escalates - USA President Wilson calls for WA Security Council and international containment of Equai

☭✨ Living unironically in Eastern Europe ✨☭
We have liberated Europe from fascism, but they will never forgive us for it.
-Zhukov

Red Lake Circle
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Red Lake Circle » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:50 pm

Vassenor wrote:

And thinking like that is why suicidal ideation is so high among trans people to the point where actual affirming care results in 73% lower odds of suicidality in adolescent patients.

Love how he also just… completely ignores the fact that doctors are usually the ones that have to put you on transition meds. If doctors cared so much about designated sex, then you’d think endocrinologists and surgeons would stop this foolishness with prescribing HRT and gender affirming surgeries…
- AHAKS NEWS RADIO -

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:50 pm

Vassenor wrote:

A lot of your posts here have been skirting the line, though staying just on the right side of it. This one, however, crosses it.

*** Warned for trolling ***

You are allowed to have your opinion, but how you voice it is important.

The Proud Transphobe
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Proud Transphobe » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:51 pm

Vassenor wrote:
The Proud Transphobe wrote:Touché. I suppose the desire for control is mutual then.

There's a reason you cherry-pick for adolescents while ignoring post-transition adults.
My Flag Explained

Red Lake Circle
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Red Lake Circle » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:54 pm

There's a reason you cherry-pick for adolescents while ignoring post-transition adults.

Yeah, it’s funny… it’s almost like gender reassignment surgery doesn’t immediately solve every issue that comes along with being trans and that they still experience a substantial amount of transphobia and trauma that makes them more likely to commit suicide…
- AHAKS NEWS RADIO -

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:56 pm

If you're going to complain about cherry picking maybe try actually reading the study you're citing. Especially the bits about how medical transition is only one piece of the support puzzle.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Equai
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 05, 2022
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Equai » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:56 pm

It's a very old study. Furthermore, post-transition trans people also experience transphobia and social rejections because we are stigmatized to hell and back. All thanks because people like you keep denying us, our rights to exist and continue to harass us for wanting to just live normally and be accepted.
She/Her
MLM. Anti-war, anti-imperialist, pro-choice, atheist.
⚧♀Trans woman♀⚧

EBN News: USA-Equai Diplomatic Rift: Cold War Rhetoric Escalates - USA President Wilson calls for WA Security Council and international containment of Equai

☭✨ Living unironically in Eastern Europe ✨☭
We have liberated Europe from fascism, but they will never forgive us for it.
-Zhukov

The Proud Transphobe
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Proud Transphobe » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:09 pm

Red Lake Circle wrote:

Yeah, it’s funny… it’s almost like gender reassignment surgery doesn’t immediately solve every issue that comes along with being trans and that they still experience a substantial amount of transphobia and trauma that makes them more likely to commit suicide…

Well what makes the particular study I picked important is where it was carried out: Sweden. Sweden is quite possibly the most accepting, gender-affirming country on the planet.

Also, if alleged persecution is the root cause of suicide, wouldn't you expect similarly high rates among other victim groups, whose persecution has gone far beyond "misgendering"? If we just look at trends in black suicide in America, we can immediately see there is no correlation: whites commit suicide at twice the rate of blacks. In fact, the trend seems to be better conditions and privileges indicate higher rates of suicide. We humans evolved in an adverse environment that was essentially trying to kill us. When we are threatened our survival instincts kick in and we just try to stay alive. We generally only consider self-harm when there is little adversity. If prejudice truly is the cause of the depressingly high suicide rates among trans people, it is an anomaly. Again, the answer to suicide isn't to control other people's speech, but for people suffering such thoughts to seek professional help.

Vassenor wrote:

If you're going to complain about cherry picking maybe try actually reading the study you're citing. Especially the bits about how medical transition is only one piece of the support puzzle.

To be fair, if someone wants to get transition surgery, they are free to do so. I'm not going to fight them on it, no matter how bad of a decision I think it is. My concern is language and resolving the ambiguity caused by one part of the population saying "woman" is gender, and the other part saying it is sex.
Last edited by The Proud Transphobe on Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Flag Explained

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General