NATION

PASSWORD

A Matter of Pride

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jewish Underground State
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 08, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jewish Underground State » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:15 pm

Hukhalia wrote:
Islamic Essarn wrote:Have people had a chance to read page 21 of this document : https://texasgop.org/wp-content/uploads ... 6-2022.pdf it is truly chilling.

> Any school, public or private, or any health care provider withholding from a parent or legal guardian information that is relevant to the physical or mental health of the minor, to include information related to a minor's perception that his or her gender or sex Is inconsistent with his or her biological sex.

They are trying to destroy trans people.

At this point you can't be pride and not be a living political statement.
My new main is Jewish Partisan Division

The beliefs posted by this nation don't reflect my current views.

Catholic America
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 22, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Catholic America » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:17 pm

In the us, you cant buy a gun, drink, or get into a movie that says the f word if your under 18. But you can change your gender.
Talking about how democracy is at risk is the new won’t someone think of the children.

Hukhalia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 31, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Hukhalia » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:17 pm

Jewish Underground State wrote:
Hukhalia wrote:> Any school, public or private, or any health care provider withholding from a parent or legal guardian information that is relevant to the physical or mental health of the minor, to include information related to a minor's perception that his or her gender or sex Is inconsistent with his or her biological sex.

Being queer is a living political statement. It is embodying and expressing in a resolute sense that you do not conform to the standards thrust upon society by fundamentalist compulsions; that you are more than an archetype, an incubator for a child, or a work-horse for a family. That's a political statement by the fact that the political status quo which currently exists is anathema to it. We can only cease being political statements by embracing a solidly political crusade against the politics which shield the current sexual normativities.
"It was this alone that drew so many Europeans to colonial North America: the dream in the settler mind of each man becoming a petty lord of his own land. Thus, the tradition of individualism and egalitarianism in America was rooted in the poisoned concept of equal privileges for a new nation of European conquerors." J. Sakai

an advocate of total warfare against heterosexual society, any/all

Hukhalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hukhalia » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:19 pm

Catholic America wrote:In the us, you cant buy a gun, drink, or get into a movie that says the f word if your under 18. But you can change your gender.

to be entirely fair you should be able to do all these things at 16 at the oldest
"It was this alone that drew so many Europeans to colonial North America: the dream in the settler mind of each man becoming a petty lord of his own land. Thus, the tradition of individualism and egalitarianism in America was rooted in the poisoned concept of equal privileges for a new nation of European conquerors." J. Sakai

Rusozak
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 14, 2015

Postby Rusozak » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:19 pm

Jewish Underground State wrote:
Hukhalia wrote:> Any school, public or private, or any health care provider withholding from a parent or legal guardian information that is relevant to the physical or mental health of the minor, to include information related to a minor's perception that his or her gender or sex Is inconsistent with his or her biological sex.

When the state tries to make your very existence illegal, every breath you take is a political statement.
NOTE: This nation's government style, policies, and opinions in roleplay or forum 7 does not represent my true beliefs. It is purely for the enjoyment of the game.

Catholic America
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 22, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Catholic America » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:21 pm

Hukhalia wrote:
Catholic America wrote:In the us, you cant buy a gun, drink, or get into a movie that says the f word if your under 18. But you can change your gender.

to be entirely fair you should be able to do all these things at 16 at the oldest

fair enough
Talking about how democracy is at risk is the new won’t someone think of the children.

Jewish Underground State
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 08, 2022

Postby Jewish Underground State » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:21 pm

Hukhalia wrote:
Jewish Underground State wrote:At this point you can't be pride and not be a living political statement.

Being queer is a living political statement. It is embodying and expressing in a resolute sense that you do not conform to the standards thrust upon society by fundamentalist compulsions; that you are more than an archetype, an incubator for a child, or a work-horse for a family. That's a political statement by the fact that the political status quo which currently exists is anathema to it. We can only cease being political statements by embracing a solidly political crusade against the politics which shield the current sexual normativities.

I said that wrong. You put that better then I did.
My new main is Jewish Partisan Division

The beliefs posted by this nation don't reflect my current views.

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:49 pm

There is only one point of pride: yourself. What you have achieved in your life.

Everything else is a happenstance.

I am proud of the things I have achieved, not my skin colour, not that a am hetero, not that I am American.

I am proud of ME.
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.
I edit my posts to fix typos.

Islamic Essarn
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 25, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Essarn » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:57 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Islamic Essarn wrote:Have people had a chance to read page 21 of this document : https://texasgop.org/wp-content/uploads ... 6-2022.pdf it is truly chilling.

Slow march towards Gilead.

I guess if there are 3rd world nations; we can have 3rd world states.

If you found that horrendous then read page 28-30.
Last edited by Islamic Essarn on Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:40 am

Big Jim P wrote:There is only one point of pride: yourself. What you have achieved in your life.

I am proud of the things I have achieved, not my skin colour, not that a am hetero, not that I am American.

I am proud of ME.

based

Hukhalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hukhalia » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:13 am

Big Jim P wrote:There is only one point of pride: yourself. What you have achieved in your life.

I am proud of ME.

i myself am proud to be lgbt because my very existence inexplicably pisses off vast quantities of people and i will shout that to the moon and back.

also proud of ME because im fucking awesome

HISPIDA
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 21, 2021
Anarchy

Postby HISPIDA » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:47 am

Hukhalia wrote:
Jewish Underground State wrote:At this point you can't be pride and not be a living political statement.

tempted to sig this but i have no room :(
Algerstonia did nothing wrong. Hold Moderators accountable. (she/they)
"We have liberated Europe from fascism, and they will never forgive us for it." - Georgy Zhukov (purportedly)
read my iiwiki
free palestine. trans rights are human rights. no war but class war
Victory Day: February 23, 2022

Port Caverton
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 01, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Port Caverton » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:48 am

Hispida wrote:
Hukhalia wrote:Being queer is a living political statement. It is embodying and expressing in a resolute sense that you do not conform to the standards thrust upon society by fundamentalist compulsions; that you are more than an archetype, an incubator for a child, or a work-horse for a family. That's a political statement by the fact that the political status quo which currently exists is anathema to it. We can only cease being political statements by embracing a solidly political crusade against the politics which shield the current sexual normativities.

Just make a dispatch like i did with the "viet cong" copy pasta
"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:11 am

I am proud of ME.

What does this really even mean? Those are all aspects of your identity that've informed but not dictated things you've achieved, I don't see how being proud of those characteristics of yourself and being proud of yourself can even be conceptually separated.
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Postby Diarcesia » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:45 am

Senkaku wrote:

I am proud of ME.

What does this really even mean? Those are all aspects of your identity that've informed but not dictated things you've achieved, I don't see how being proud of those characteristics of yourself and being proud of yourself can even be conceptually separated.

It may just be me but it appears that the sort of people who show up at pride parades seem to revolve their whole life over their sexuality/who they bang at the expense of all other characteristics.

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:55 am

Diarcesia wrote:
Senkaku wrote:What does this really even mean? Those are all aspects of your identity that've informed but not dictated things you've achieved, I don't see how being proud of those characteristics of yourself and being proud of yourself can even be conceptually separated.

It may just be me but it appears that the sort of people who show up at pride parades seem to revolve their whole life over their sexuality/who they bang at the expense of all other characteristics.

"It appears"? "The sort of people"? Who are we talking about, specifically, and what makes you believe this? Just for once, I'd like the anti-Pride gang to actually be specific about what they think and what they want, instead of spouting the same homophobic platitudes about how it's just "too much" or whatever the fuck. How can you tell whether someone's "whole life revolves over" their sexuality? How can you tell that their celebration of their own sexuality somehow comes at the expense of the rest of their identity? Who even are "the sort of people who show up at Pride parades," and what unifies some small-town two-float rainbow-flag-toting daylight affair with the most debauched June evenings in New York or Berlin?

You're literally just repeating vague nonsense you've heard older bigots mutter. It doesn't actually mean anything; please form your own opinions based on some actual experience of the world.

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:58 am

Diarcesia wrote:
Senkaku wrote:What does this really even mean? Those are all aspects of your identity that've informed but not dictated things you've achieved, I don't see how being proud of those characteristics of yourself and being proud of yourself can even be conceptually separated.

Wow, people at an event revolving around a certain aspect of their life and how that aspect isn't anything to be ashamed of have that aspect openly on display at said event? Golly gee willikers!
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Hukhalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hukhalia » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:46 am

Diarcesia wrote:

I feel like anyone who draws this conclusion from a pride parade has never really participated in one and/or lacks many resolutely queer friends

Hukhalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hukhalia » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:47 am

Hispida wrote:
Hukhalia wrote:Being queer is a living political statement. It is embodying and expressing in a resolute sense that you do not conform to the standards thrust upon society by fundamentalist compulsions; that you are more than an archetype, an incubator for a child, or a work-horse for a family. That's a political statement by the fact that the political status quo which currently exists is anathema to it. We can only cease being political statements by embracing a solidly political crusade against the politics which shield the current sexual normativities.

dont worry, everything i post is a resolute banger but you cant sig all of it can you

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Postby Diarcesia » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:48 am

Necroghastia wrote:
Diarcesia wrote:It may just be me but it appears that the sort of people who show up at pride parades seem to revolve their whole life over their sexuality/who they bang at the expense of all other characteristics.

Wow, people at an event revolving around a certain aspect of their life and how that aspect isn't anything to be ashamed of have that aspect openly on display at said event? Golly gee willikers!

That's their prerogative and I have nothing against them holding pride parades if they're not hurting anyone else. It's just that personally there's more to being you and what you can like about yourself than just the color of your skin, nationality, sexual orientation, etc.

Hukhalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hukhalia » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:51 am

Diarcesia wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:Wow, people at an event revolving around a certain aspect of their life and how that aspect isn't anything to be ashamed of have that aspect openly on display at said event? Golly gee willikers!

That's their prerogative and I have nothing against them holding pride parades if they're not hurting anyone else. It's just that personally there's more to being you and what you can like about yourself than just the color of your skin, nationality, sexual orientation, etc.

Perhaps to a straight person or one of their sympathisers. But being queer formulates an essential part of your identity; it consciously or subconsciously informs how people treat you and how you interact with society at large. Allowing that to take a role is entirely valid. People wave national flags outside their homes, and frankly the pride flag is worth far more to me than the wretched rag representing my nation.

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Postby Diarcesia » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:52 am

Hukhalia wrote:
Diarcesia wrote:It may just be me but it appears that the sort of people who show up at pride parades seem to revolve their whole life over their sexuality/who they bang at the expense of all other characteristics.

I feel like anyone who draws this conclusion from a pride parade has never really participated in one and/or lacks many resolutely queer friends

My impression is that those who take part in pride parades are a subset of the larger LGBT community. It's like a bunch of heterosexual people into BDSM shows up in the streets and say they partake in BDSM and like it, as a rough comparison. And we know only a subset of heterosexuals (and LGBT) are into BDSM.

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:52 am

Diarcesia wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:Wow, people at an event revolving around a certain aspect of their life and how that aspect isn't anything to be ashamed of have that aspect openly on display at said event? Golly gee willikers!

Do you genuinely think people are unaware of that.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:52 am

Diarcesia wrote:
Hukhalia wrote:I feel like anyone who draws this conclusion from a pride parade has never really participated in one and/or lacks many resolutely queer friends

My impression is that those who take part in pride parades are a subset of the larger LGBT community. It's like a bunch of heterosexual people into BDSM shows up in the streets and say they partake in BDSM and like it, as a rough comparison. And we know only a subset of heterosexuals (and LGBT) are into BDSM.

Your impression is wrong, and your analogy is ridiculous

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Postby Diarcesia » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:52 am

Hukhalia wrote:
Diarcesia wrote:That's their prerogative and I have nothing against them holding pride parades if they're not hurting anyone else. It's just that personally there's more to being you and what you can like about yourself than just the color of your skin, nationality, sexual orientation, etc.

Perhaps to a straight person or one of their sympathisers. But being queer formulates an essential part of your identity; it consciously or subconsciously informs how people treat you and how you interact with society at large. Allowing that to take a role is entirely valid. People wave national flags outside their homes, and frankly the pride flag is worth far more to me than the wretched rag representing my nation.

And that is a perfectly valid sentiment!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General