NATION

PASSWORD

House Fire Dilemma

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who do you rescue?

pregnant woman, 19 years old
52%
mother, 20; son, 1 month old
22%
mother, 25; son, 5 years old
9%
mother, 35; son, 15
9%
mother, 45; son, 25
4%
mother, 55; son, 35
No votes
mother, 65; son, 45
No votes
mother, 75; son, 55
No votes
mother, 85; son, 65
No votes
mother, 95; son, 75
4%

Total votes : 23

Engadine Mcdonalds 1997
Envoy

Founded: Jan 21, 2021
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Engadine Mcdonalds 1997 » Sat May 28, 2022 2:35 am

It also depends on the time of day. Early in the morning right before work? Sorry mate, the Sigma grindset never stops. Later in the afternoon? Sorry mate, this is an express train to my gaming chair.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXtq4a8829g&t=1s

"I’ll tell you about the Greens. You know what the Greens are? They are a bunch of opportunists and trots hiding behind a gum tree trying to pretend they’re the Labor Party"- Paul Keating

"When you look back on these last days, you will realize that all you've built was a tomb"- Escharum

Proud anti-ideologist and chief architect of Jordan Shanks Thought

Bonggongland
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 28, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Bonggongland » Sun May 29, 2022 9:22 pm

Xerographica wrote:You are surrounded by 10 houses that are on fire. Each house has a mother and her son, except for one house which has a woman pregnant with a boy. They are all strangers to you.
You only have time to save the occupant(s) of one house. Who do you save? Personally I'd probably save the 45 year old mother and her 25 year old son.

Is this dilemma moral or economic?

Personally I think it's an economic dilemma as people of different ages are unequally valuable. A random toddler is less valuable to me than a random adult.

Okay but from a purely economical standpoint it's more profitable for me to save nobody and thus put a downward pressure on the labor market. Morally, grey area as I am giving my family a better life without necessarily doing anything wrong but just not going above and beyond.

Previous

Return to General