NATION

PASSWORD

Ukrainian War Thread III: The Horrors

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:44 pm

Fahran wrote:
Kot Unduk wrote:You want testimony about the Azov batallion? The women they raped and killed? The West calls people who say that actors, and those for real witnesses.

All the credible testimonies I've read and watched describe the perpetrators of the massacres near Kyiv and Mariupol as Russian soldiers. But, at the very least, it appears we've moved on from your insistence that we have no pictures, videos, or testimony. Now you're simply maintaining that all evidence pointing to Russian perpetrators is false. Are we to only trust Russia Today?

Russia Today? Nah only Der Stuermer will work
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

El Lazaro
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 19, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby El Lazaro » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:45 pm

Utquiagvik wrote:Everybody in Chișinău and Tiraspol need to get to shelter quickly. Moldova could be invaded within the next few hours.

Neither side has the strength to destroy the other at this time. There wouldn’t be separatists if that was the case.

Intuitively, it seems like Russia would use their forces to open a new front in the south—which would fit with Russia’s stated war objectives at this time as well as leaks as far back as the Lukashenko photo. Russian and Transnistrian propaganda claiming these were acts of Ukrainian terrorism would also seem to justify this. However, this would disrupt the balance of power in Moldova and put separatist forces at a disadvantage.

If they are going west, an offensive against Moldova could slow aid to Ukraine, displace refugees, and leverage a ceasefire in Moldova for negotiation demands with EU states. Another possibility is that Putin plans to declare Transnistria independent/annex it and is preemptively reducing Moldova’s military capabilities so it can’t join the war. It’s not impossible that Russia’s narrative was a red herring. Regardless, I don’t think the Kremlin plans to occupy the entire country.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:47 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Heloin wrote:Despite the continued insanity of the UK I still think US involvement that could lead to nuclear war (ie. troops on the ground) isn’t a option that should be considered realistic.

Xi might be into that, you never know.

If Russia attacks any nato nation, its going to happen. They have already threatened Poland and the UK.

Russia doesn't get to whine about Ukrainian attacks in Russia. That's part of war. He wants to widen it to a nation nation Nato has no choice but to respond.

Putin needs to go, and as he has said any existential threat to his government will result in nuclear war.

It was Nice knowing you

Take a breather Ethel.

Ok so it’s unlikely that Russia is going to Nuke people. For one they might not actually have enough nukes to hit everyone (Russia probably only has some 100 operational nukes, not missiles nuclear warheads)

Second Russia is just bluffing because that’s all they have. And finally the order probably won’t be carried out as the oligarchs want to keep their boats and houses
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:49 pm

Thermodolia wrote:Take a breather Ethel.

Ok so it’s unlikely that Russia is going to Nuke people. For one they might not actually have enough nukes to hit everyone (Russia probably only has some 100 operational nukes, not missiles nuclear warheads)

Second Russia is just bluffing because that’s all they have. And finally the order probably won’t be carried out as the oligarchs want to keep their boats and houses

Besides if Chairman Xi can't talk down Moscow from going ballistic Chairman Xi is gonna stand there with no Chinese GDP
And Xi only cares about the Chinese GDP. Because that's the only thing keeping his shitty regime above revolutionary waters.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Adamede
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Adamede » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:49 pm

Kot Unduk wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:and the Nanking Massacre never happened
*eyeroll*

Nanking happened. Bucha happened. Bucha was committed by the Azovs.

Ah yes it was the guys stuck in Mariupol who did it, not the Russian solders stationed in the town for weeks.

Russians really need to work on their propaganda.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:50 pm

El Lazaro wrote:
Utquiagvik wrote:Everybody in Chișinău and Tiraspol need to get to shelter quickly. Moldova could be invaded within the next few hours.

Neither side has the strength to destroy the other at this time. There wouldn’t be separatists if that was the case.

Intuitively, it seems like Russia would use their forces to open a new front in the south—which would fit with Russia’s stated war objectives at this time as well as leaks as far back as the Lukashenko photo. Russian and Transnistrian propaganda claiming these were acts of Ukrainian terrorism would also seem to justify this. However, this would disrupt the balance of power in Moldova and put separatist forces at a disadvantage.

If they are going west, an offensive against Moldova could slow aid to Ukraine, displace refugees, and leverage a ceasefire in Moldova for negotiation demands with EU states. Another possibility is that Putin plans to declare Transnistria independent/annex it and is preemptively reducing Moldova’s military capabilities so it can’t join the war. It’s not impossible that Russia’s narrative was a red herring. Regardless, I don’t think the Kremlin plans to occupy the entire country.

Currently it looks more like it’s going to be a joint Ukrainian and Moldova also Romanian operation to remove the Russian threat in Moldova
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:50 pm

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:

Besides if Chairman Xi can't talk down Moscow from going ballistic Chairman Xi is gonna stand there with no Chinese GDP
And Xi only cares about the Chinese GDP. Because that's the only thing keeping his shitty regime above revolutionary waters.

Exactly. Xi would rather Putin to be dead than for himself to be out of power
Last edited by Thermodolia on Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

American Legionaries
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 03, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby American Legionaries » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:51 pm

Kot Unduk wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:and the Nanking Massacre never happened
*eyeroll*

Nanking happened. Bucha happened. Bucha was committed by the Azovs.

I hope the FSB isn't paying too much for these stories, because nobody is going to buy them.

Samudera Darussalam
Senator

Founded: Aug 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Samudera Darussalam » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:52 pm

Adamede wrote:
Kot Unduk wrote:Nanking happened. Bucha happened. Bucha was committed by the Azovs.

Ah yes it was the guys stuck in Mariupol who did it, not the Russian solders stationed in the town for weeks.

This reminds me quite well of this phrase.

Rusozak
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 14, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rusozak » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:53 pm

American Legionaries wrote:
Kot Unduk wrote:Nanking happened. Bucha happened. Bucha was committed by the Azovs.

I hope the FSB isn't paying too much for these stories, because nobody is going to buy them.

The FSB promised a fortune, so a Fortune magazine is what he shall receive.
NOTE: This nation's government style, policies, and opinions in roleplay or forum 7 does not represent my true beliefs. It is purely for the enjoyment of the game.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:54 pm

Rusozak wrote:
American Legionaries wrote:

The FSB promised a fortune, so a Fortune magazine is what he shall receive.

Hahahah. I hope the FSB didn’t say they’d get a payday
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

El Lazaro
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby El Lazaro » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:56 pm

Adamede wrote:

The scariest thing about Jewish Nazis is their lethal telekinetic powers imparted upon them by SS-CIA-ISIS training. The second, which they obtained from the Sturmabteiling directly, is an invisibility serum which can be activated and deactivated at will. It is believed that one billion Jewish Nazis are currently fighting in Ukraine, yet only a few hundred have been detected thus far.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:57 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:If Russia attacks any nato nation, its going to happen. They have already threatened Poland and the UK.

Russia doesn't get to whine about Ukrainian attacks in Russia. That's part of war. He wants to widen it to a nation nation Nato has no choice but to respond.

Putin needs to go, and as he has said any existential threat to his government will result in nuclear war.

It was Nice knowing you

Take a breather Ethel.

Not at first, give it time
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:01 pm

Which is why I want Biden to ask xi. Get that pressure put on putin

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Independent Cossack Ukraine
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 07, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent Cossack Ukraine » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:07 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Besides if Chairman Xi can't talk down Moscow from going ballistic Chairman Xi is gonna stand there with no Chinese GDP

Terrible idea, never trust Xi JinPIG! He leaked info to the Russians about troop placements when Biden sent someone to speak to him.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:09 pm

Independent Cossack Ukraine wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:

Terrible idea, never trust Xi JinPIG! He leaked info to the Russians about troop placements when Biden sent someone to speak to him.

That's the point. The message should be passed.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

El Lazaro
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby El Lazaro » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:17 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
El Lazaro wrote:Neither side has the strength to destroy the other at this time. There wouldn’t be separatists if that was the case.

Currently it looks more like it’s going to be a joint Ukrainian and Moldova also Romanian operation to remove the Russian threat in Moldova

According to who? It would be mutually beneficial yet pretty costly.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:24 pm

El Lazaro wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Currently it looks more like it’s going to be a joint Ukrainian and Moldova also Romanian operation to remove the Russian threat in Moldova

According to who? It would be mutually beneficial yet pretty costly.

Reports I’ve seen floating around
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

El Lazaro
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby El Lazaro » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:36 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
El Lazaro wrote:According to who? It would be mutually beneficial yet pretty costly.

Reports I’ve seen floating around

Who? The source matters as rumors of a Ukrainian presence in Transnistria could just as easily be Kremlin disinfo. Remember, to Russia, Ukraine and Moldova are both Nazi regimes trying to exterminate ethnic Russians under their governments. A liberation would be spun as another atrocity committed by Ukraine and its shadowy western puppet masters.

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:26 pm

Thermodolia wrote:The Brits/US I thought where sending over some tomahawks.

Either way the Bayraktar can reach pretty far into Russia and can launch a missile about half way to Moscow

It's weird then, that I haven't seen this reported anywhere. The Brimstone cruise missile being shipped by the UK has a pathetically small range of 60km+ (the Brimstone II variant), it can not strike Moscow from Kyiv.

You think Ukraine can send an unsupported Bayraktar all the way near Moscow to launch a missile? Press X to doubt.
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Factbook | Constitution | Newspaper
Social democrat, passionate political observer, and naval warfare enthusiast.
More NSG-y than NSG veterans
♛ The Empire of Picairn ♛
-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-—————————-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-
Colonel (Brevet) of the North Pacific Army, COO of Warzone Trinidad

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:42 pm

Thermodolia wrote:(Russia probably only has some 100 operational nukes, not missiles nuclear warheads)

Not again! I had two lengthy debates with a specific poster on the previous threads that peddled this ridiculous unsupported claim.
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Factbook | Constitution | Newspaper
Social democrat, passionate political observer, and naval warfare enthusiast.
More NSG-y than NSG veterans
♛ The Empire of Picairn ♛
-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-—————————-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-
Colonel (Brevet) of the North Pacific Army, COO of Warzone Trinidad

Tarsonis
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 20, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tarsonis » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:45 pm

Picairn wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:The Brits/US I thought where sending over some tomahawks.

Either way the Bayraktar can reach pretty far into Russia and can launch a missile about half way to Moscow

It's weird then, that I haven't seen this reported anywhere. The Brimstone cruise missile being shipped by the UK has a pathetically small range of 60km+ (the Brimstone II variant), it can not strike Moscow from Kyiv.

You think Ukraine can send an unsupported Bayraktar all the way near Moscow to launch a missile? Press X to doubt.

I imagine that's the point. Gives Ukraine ordinance to strike in theater, but doesn't give them the ability to strike at the heart of Russia. Makes it hard for Russia to use it as a casus beli.
NS Keyboard Warrior since 2005
Ecclesiastes 1:18 "For in much wisdom is much vexation, and those who increase knowledge increase sorrow"
Thucydides: “The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools.”
1 Corinthians 5:12 "What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?"
Galatians 6:7 "Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for you reap whatever you sow."
T. Stevens: "I don't hold with equality in all things, but I believe in equality under the Law."
James I of Aragon "Have you ever considered that our position is Idolatry to the Rabbi?"
Debating Christian Theology with Non-Christians pretty much anybody be like

New Zoigai
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 17, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby New Zoigai » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:59 pm

Thermodolia wrote:I’m glad you finally decided to come clean and admit that you don’t give a fuck about Ukraine

When has cheerleaders of the Russian Empire ever given a fuck about other people?

When those other people are saving the Russian empire.... And alot of people have needed to save the Russian empire
African American, Born near the Pacific Ocean, Protestant Christian, History Lover, 6'2, Teenager
A Class 0.1 Civilization according to this index.
Political Math Graph results
https://www.politicalcompass.org/yourpo ... &soc=-0.72

"Freedom From one thing is bondage to its opposite. Choose to be bonded by the thing that benefits you more"
NS stats are Working in the deepest coal mines we have discovered and arent canon

Hamidiye
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hamidiye » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:00 pm

Picairn wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:(Russia probably only has some 100 operational nukes, not missiles nuclear warheads)

Not again! I had two lengthy debates with a specific poster on the previous threads that peddled this ridiculous unsupported claim.

You do realize that that's plenty to extinguish life as we know it, right?
Cives, floreat Europa
Opus magnum vocat vos
Stellae signa sunt in caelo
Aureae, quae iungant nos
-ПТН--ХЛО-
☪ 1881 - 193∞!
Pro: Social Authoritarianism, Kemalism, Militarism. Contra: liberalism, capitalism, communism, progressivism, religion

[ kebab intensifies ]
factbook link

New Zoigai
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 17, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby New Zoigai » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:03 pm

Hamidiye wrote:
Picairn wrote:Not again! I had two lengthy debates with a specific poster on the previous threads that peddled this ridiculous unsupported claim.

You do realize that that's plenty to extinguish life as we know it, right?

If 40 nukes are enough to destory all life on earth I dont wanna think about how dangerous aliens would be (Should they decide to visit earth)
African American, Born near the Pacific Ocean, Protestant Christian, History Lover, 6'2, Teenager
A Class 0.1 Civilization according to this index.
Political Math Graph results
https://www.politicalcompass.org/yourpo ... &soc=-0.72

"Freedom From one thing is bondage to its opposite. Choose to be bonded by the thing that benefits you more"
NS stats are Working in the deepest coal mines we have discovered and arent canon

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General