NATION

PASSWORD

Request for a clock

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Re: Request for a clock

Postby The Blaatschapen » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:07 pm

Ah, okay, I understand now.

And the reason I did not google for it is because my mind is always in the gutter and I'm afraid what I might find there.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Curious Inquiry
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 02, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Curious Inquiry » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:08 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Curious Inquiry wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:umm... in before the clock? :blush:

:rimshot: :p
Entertaining as it is, to have this thread title in Moderation, why is it being mirrored? Someone find a new bug feature?

Excuse me, but what is a :rimshot: supposed to mean?

It means I thought it was funny enough to deserve a "badoom tish!" from the drummer, like a late-night talkshow host monologue 8)
Religions are like glasses. Some people need them to see the world clearly, some people don't.

Curious Inquiry
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 02, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Curious Inquiry » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:09 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:Ah, okay, I understand now.

And the reason I did not google for it is because my mind is always in the gutter and I'm afraid what I might find there.

:shock:
Religions are like glasses. Some people need them to see the world clearly, some people don't.

The Tofu Islands
Minister

Founded: Mar 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tofu Islands » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:12 pm

Triniteras wrote:No, I wanted a program that would make a sound at intervals I could specify.

If you are specific about what features you want, I might be able to hack one together.
(No promises, of course.)

EDIT: in the simplest interpretation of what you said, here is the program (valid for about a month). Working out how to use the thing is left as an exercise for the reader.

Curious Inquiry wrote:Entertaining as it is, to have this thread title in Moderation, why is it being mirrored? Someone find a new bug feature?

When a thread is moved, it leaves a marker behind in the old forum. The marker then just sinks down until it vanishes (it doesn't get shoved to the top by new posts).
Last edited by The Tofu Islands on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In its majestic equality, the law forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, beg in the streets and steal loaves of bread.

Previous

Return to General