NATION

PASSWORD

American Politics X: Is There A Reset Button Around Here?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Biden's Response to Russia: Agree or Disagree? (Feel free to provide reasoning in the thread)

Fully Agree
27%
Slightly Agree
30%
Neutral/I'm Apathetic
12%
Slightly Disagree
10%
Fully Disagree
22%

Total votes : 94

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:21 pm

Greater Miami Shores 3 wrote: Do I have pro Trump views? Yes I do.

Irrelevant.

Destroying records that belong to the National Archives is a crime.

Don't you believe in law and order?
I identify as
a problem

Comerciante
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Comerciante » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:26 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:Don't you believe in law and order?

Hey, no fair that's a trick question and you know it!
"Rumors of CFC affiliates building superweapons in orbit over Earth is fake news. Watch groups have corroborated this even though it would be to quote the BoD "totally rad."

#00: "The first step to acquiring real power, is to learn how to steal it from someone else, the second step is learning how to keep it the third step is to restart from the first step."
"Good and Evil are Two Tall Trees sitting upon a hill, the Tree of Good is Strong and Tall and does not bend, the Tree of Evil is Short and Flimsy when the wind blows Good resists, and breaks and falls on the floor and dies and Evil? well, it bends and it lives."

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:27 pm

Comerciante wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:Don't you believe in law and order?

Hey, no fair that's a trick question and you know it!

Apparently.

I'm just trying to get to the stripped-down yes-or-no answers without all the nonsense. It shouldn't be this hard.
I identify as
a problem

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Uiiop » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:32 pm

Duvniask wrote:
San Lumen wrote:
If loans are being paid back shouldn’t the debt go down not up?

Christ.

The debt increases because newer loans are bigger than the old ones (as the economy grows, the government budget grows, there's inflation, etc), plus situations like COVID necessitated a greater government deficit than usual.

Are Americans not taught this in social studies class or something?

Honesty no. Even in economics we don’t really talk about the basic of government practice. We really only glanced at debt and minuium wage questions once.

Shame that aparrently NY schools are just as dumb as Missouri.
#NSTransparency

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:33 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Comerciante wrote:Hey, no fair that's a trick question and you know it!

Apparently.

I'm just trying to get to the stripped-down yes-or-no answers without all the nonsense. It shouldn't be this hard.

I mean, you've been here this whole time. I get the desire to be the the one to climb Everest but...
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

The Jamesian Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 28, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Jamesian Republic » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:34 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Greater Miami Shores 3 wrote: Do I have pro Trump views? Yes I do.

Irrelevant.

But’s dear leader and he can do no wrong.
Become an Independent. You’ll see how liberating it is.
My Political Beliefs: The Jamesianist Manifesto
General Theme
Special Theme

Comerciante
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Comerciante » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:34 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:

Apparently.

It is. It really is.

As to your second issue? I don't really know what to say, I've tried to make that happen before, all it earned me was a headache, so I decided to try a different opponent... It did not go well either.
"Rumors of CFC affiliates building superweapons in orbit over Earth is fake news. Watch groups have corroborated this even though it would be to quote the BoD "totally rad."

#00: "The first step to acquiring real power, is to learn how to steal it from someone else, the second step is learning how to keep it the third step is to restart from the first step."
"Good and Evil are Two Tall Trees sitting upon a hill, the Tree of Good is Strong and Tall and does not bend, the Tree of Evil is Short and Flimsy when the wind blows Good resists, and breaks and falls on the floor and dies and Evil? well, it bends and it lives."

Prima Scriptura
Senator

Founded: Nov 23, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Prima Scriptura » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:35 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:

Apparently.

“ACAB”, remember? There is no such thing as a good cop because of the corrupt racist classist system they protect. Never mind there are great individuals that become police officers to serve their community and to improve the lives of its’ residences. There is no “working within the system”. The system must be burned down to the ground, and if anyone gets harmed in the process, That is an acceptable consequence for them to achieve their anarchist utopian society

These are not my opinions…
Last edited by Prima Scriptura on Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
30 year old American male living in Minneapolis, MN.
Other than that, I’m not sure what I am.

The Jamesian Republic
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Jamesian Republic » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:36 pm

Prima Scriptura wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:
Apparently.

“ACAB”, remember? There is no such thing as a good cop because of the corrupt racist classist system they protect. Never mind there are great individuals that become police officers to serve their community and to improve the lives of its’ residences. There is no “working within the system”. The system must be burned down to the ground, and if anyone gets harmed in the process, That is an acceptable consequence for them to achieve their anarchist utopian society

Sir this is a Wendy’s
General Theme
Special Theme

Prima Scriptura
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Prima Scriptura » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:37 pm

The Jamesian Republic wrote:
Prima Scriptura wrote:

Sir this is a Wendy’s

Those are not my opinions. That is the opinions I hear from the anti-police left.

The Jamesian Republic
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Jamesian Republic » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:38 pm

Prima Scriptura wrote:
Sir this is a Wendy’s

Those are not my opinions. That is the opinions I hear from the anti-police left.

Oh. Understandable have a nice day.
General Theme
Special Theme

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:42 pm

Uiiop wrote:
Duvniask wrote:Christ.

The debt increases because newer loans are bigger than the old ones (as the economy grows, the government budget grows, there's inflation, etc), plus situations like COVID necessitated a greater government deficit than usual.

Are Americans not taught this in social studies class or something?

Honesty no. Even in economics we don’t really talk about the basic of government practice. We really only glanced at debt and minuium wage questions once.

Shame that aparrently NY schools are just as dumb as Missouri.

I would give all the votes to a President or candidate who just stops down and goes, "Look, the way they're talking about debt, that's just not how sovereign debt works. Let me explain so that when people tell you crazy bullshit like "China owns us" or suggests that our debt is something you can 'call in' you know that they have no idea what they're talking about." Then when a party wants to do something coo coo bananas like play chicken with the debt ceiling they can go, "That's your money they're playing with. The most amount of American debt is held by Americans by a bunch and many of your investments, loans, and deposits are tied to that in one way or another so when they talk about not paying it back, that's you. They're talking about not paying you back to make some shitty stand. Not to mention the reliability and therefore value of our currency is tied to how safe a bet it is to buy government bonds and if you take away that the whole system starts to fall apart around you. You better ask the people snidely saying 'good' what they hope will go up in its place. But remember, they were all kinds of wrong describing this system so you have to ask yourself if you trust them to build a different one or if they even understand it."

It wouldn't work because any candidate who has tried to explain how things actually work just ends up with people yelling "NNEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDD!" at them.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Greater Miami Shores 3
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Miami Shores 3 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:43 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Irrelevant.

lol good one, :) :rofl:

Prima Scriptura
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Prima Scriptura » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:44 pm

Greater Miami Shores 3 wrote:

You still haven’t realized that Donald Trump hates Latinos, haven’t you?

Comerciante
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Comerciante » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:44 pm

Prima Scriptura wrote:
Sir this is a Wendy’s

That's your translation of the target of events pointed to as anti-police, but as the more appropriate thread has pointed out it's not the reality. So as James put it appropriately:

"Sir this a Wendys."

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Postby Uiiop » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:46 pm

Prima Scriptura wrote:
Sir this is a Wendy’s

Trumpists are too cherry-picking to actually compare with BLM.

GMS will actually say yes but do some special pleading bs about self-defense against lying democrats.

BLM just hates the current system of lawman with guns and isn’t against “Law men with guns by themselves” . So they’re only as inconsistent as pro-racial integration supporters were in the time of the Watts riots.
#NSTransparency

The Jamesian Republic
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Jamesian Republic » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:46 pm

Greater Miami Shores 3 wrote:

That’s essentially what you are saying.
General Theme
Special Theme

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:47 pm

Prima Scriptura wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:
Apparently.

So is that a yes or a no?
I identify as
a problem

Prima Scriptura
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Prima Scriptura » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:47 pm

Uiiop wrote:
Prima Scriptura wrote:

Trumpists are too cherry-picking to actually compare with BLM.

GMS will actually say yes but do some special pleading bs about self-defense against lying democrats.

BLM just hates the current system of lawman with guns and isn’t against “Law men with guns by themselves” . So they’re only as inconsistent as pro-racial integration supporters were in the time of the Watts riots.

BLM the organization is a scum organization. However, the movement of Black Lives Matter is an important movement that brings focus on the actual and systemic racial disparities that exist in our country.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:47 pm

Prima Scriptura wrote:
Sir this is a Wendy’s

Relevant, how?
I identify as
a problem

Prima Scriptura
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Prima Scriptura » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:49 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Prima Scriptura wrote:

You can consider me someone that is pro-police, because unlike what anarchists have drilled in their head, not everyone can own a fire arm and defend themselves and their property. I for one cannot own a firearm due to the fact that I have suicidal ideations.
Last edited by Prima Scriptura on Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:49 pm

Prima Scriptura wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:

You can consider me someone that is pro-police, because unlike what anarchist have drilled in their head, not everyone can own a fire arm and defend themselves and their property. I for one cannot own a firearm due to the fact it

Okay? Is this an answer to the question I posed for GMS about destroying records?
I identify as
a problem

Prima Scriptura
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Prima Scriptura » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:50 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Prima Scriptura wrote:
You can consider me someone that is pro-police, because unlike what anarchist have drilled in their head, not everyone can own a fire arm and defend themselves and their property. I for one cannot own a firearm due to the fact it

Okay? Is this an answer to the question I posed for GMS about destroying records?

My mistake….

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Postby Uiiop » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:55 pm

Prima Scriptura wrote:
Uiiop wrote:Trumpists are too cherry-picking to actually compare with BLM.

BLM the organization is a scum organization. However, the movement of Black Lives Matter is an important movement that brings focus on the actual and systemic racial disparities that exist in our country.

I read the org’s platform. Their only crime is being in a decentralized movement where other factions in it fucked up.

We don’t blame MLK for the NOI’s fuckup and he was just the same kind of radical even if he aimed at different places.
#NSTransparency

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:59 pm

Uiiop wrote:
Prima Scriptura wrote:

I read the org’s platform. Their only crime is being in a decentralized movement where other factions in it fucked up.

We don’t blame MLK for the NOI’s fuckup and he was just the same kind of radical even if he aimed at different places.

Why address the problem when you can shoot the messenger?

...I probably could have come up with a better colloquialism responding to a post that brought up MLK but you get it...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General