NATION

PASSWORD

The Invasion of Ukraine, Russia Threatens Finland/Sweden

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What do?

NATO should decline these demands and begin preparing for WW3 to break out.
38%
NATO should decline these demands and hope it's fine and/or limited to the invasion of Ukraine.
20%
NATO should negotiate.
28%
NATO should accept these demands.
15%

Total votes : 1812

Militant Costco
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Militant Costco » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:01 pm

Mendit Key wrote:
Holy Nacimerian Empire wrote:And in that senario everyone dies and no one wins, Meaning the leader at the time of such an attack would be responsable for the deaths of Billions, giving them the highest kill count in history

Clearly being a peacenik doesn't work - when the other side is quite willing to off you. Just because they can.

Yeah, but no one wins with nuclear war, peacenik or putinbot. You seem to be suggesting we should just nuke the Russians or that they would nuke us when there are at least a hundred other methods both sides could use to "win".
Costco Wholesale
NSG Puppet

Nothing says democracy like 2 packs of 48 rolls of toilet paper!

Continental Free States
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 28, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby Continental Free States » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:02 pm

Nora Xent wrote:
Mendit Key wrote:The correct way to return his missive would be to fold it up and strap it to a Minuteman ICBM. To be shoved right up his backside. There should be no Munich 1938 or Poland 1939 redux. Better return fire now, before we are next in line to be chopped up and invaded.

Good job! Now Washington D.C is now a pile of nuclear ashes. I hope you planned for a nuclear war.

Good job! By letting Russia act with impunity in Eastern Europe because of a juvenile fear that any response other than a green light or mildly concerned letters will prompt Russian nukes flying at DC, you end up dragging the US and its allies into what will definitely be a nuclear war at a time Russia does in fact have a better hand to play. I'm not sure how you looked at Crimea and then the rest of Ukraine and not immediately get Munich-shaped red flags.
Last edited by Continental Free States on Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
☆ ☆ ☆ Foroned Provinces of AmericaFair Freedom's orlain son long to command ☆ ☆ ☆
Will abandon this NS for another account
Hard Reboot of ttl, possibly in Wrong English
25 y/o Bachelor of Laws, studying Masters in Intl Relations
Daily Nighfraigner: Uproars begin in New York after 'Boroughmasterly Edict' puts heavy geldstrafes on anyone owning a wagon | Not-Christers may not stand for rightership, Overster Highhove beslots in Choudhury g. New England | Halfdan Ellsberg, forbreaker doomed to life in gefangness for leaking Offdealing of Crigfare gewrites in 1982, found dead in his haftroom | Terrorongripe on Elysia kills 19 diplomats, heavily wounds French Presidentine, Arabish Crownprince and Trucecoastish Premier amid feastmeal held to aeren said Crownprince | Greekland sank ship bearing EB burghers fleeing burghercrig in Egypt, killing 100 burghers from England, Frankric, Doechland,, and others

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:04 pm

Continental Free States wrote:Good job! By letting Russia act with impunity in Eastern Europe because of a juvenile fear that any response other than a green light or mildly concerned letters will prompt Russian nukes flying at DC, you end up dragging the US and its allies into what will definitely be a nuclear war at a time Russia does in fact have a better hand to play. I'm not sure how you looked at Crimea and then the rest of Ukraine and not immediately get Munich-style red flags.

Last I checked a fully armed Minuteman is not a letter.
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Factbook | Constitution | Newspaper
Social democrat, passionate political observer, and naval warfare enthusiast.
More NSG-y than NSG veterans
♛ The Empire of Picairn ♛
-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-—————————-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-
Colonel (Brevet) of the North Pacific Army, COO of Warzone Trinidad

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:04 pm

Continental Free States wrote:
Nora Xent wrote:Good job! Now Washington D.C is now a pile of nuclear ashes. I hope you planned for a nuclear war.

Good job! By letting Russia act with impunity in Eastern Europe because of a juvenile fear that any response other than a green light or mildly concerned letters will prompt Russian nukes flying at DC, you end up dragging the US and its allies into what will definitely be a nuclear war at a time Russia does in fact have a better hand to play. I'm not sure how you looked at Crimea and then the rest of Ukraine and not immediately get Munich-shaped red flags.

We don't have any obligation to give military aid to Ukraine. We don't have any alliance or guarantee with them.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Mendit Key
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Mendit Key » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:05 pm

Militant Costco wrote:
Mendit Key wrote:Clearly being a peacenik doesn't work - when the other side is quite willing to off you. Just because they can.

Yeah, but no one wins with nuclear war, peacenik or putinbot. You seem to be suggesting we should just nuke the Russians or that they would nuke us when there are at least a hundred other methods both sides could use to "win".

We can also wait before they invade and nuke us. --- and then what ? We're not dealing with rational actors here. We're dealing with people who have been wanting to take over Europe for a very long time. Did you ever check out Foundations of Geopolitics by Aleksandr Dugin ? He is a chief strategist for Putin. A fascist. A Nazi.

If you are American. You might recognise some of what is going on right now:

In the United States:

Russia should use its special services within the borders of the United States to fuel instability and separatism, for instance, provoke "Afro-American racists". Russia should "introduce geopolitical disorder into internal American activity, encouraging all kinds of separatism and ethnic, social and racial conflicts, actively supporting all dissident movements – extremist, racist, and sectarian groups, thus destabilizing internal political processes in the U.S. It would also make sense simultaneously to support isolationist tendencies in American politics".[9]
The Eurasian Project could be expanded to South and Central America.[9]

The West is already at war and has been since 1917.
Last edited by Mendit Key on Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Militant Costco
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Militant Costco » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:06 pm

Nora Xent wrote:Good job! Now Washington D.C is now a pile of nuclear ashes. I hope you planned for a nuclear war.

You seriously think the Russians won't 100% nuke us back if we sent a Minuteman ICBM? And that somehow the ICBM is our only option now just because Putin is taking over one country in Eastern Europe? A little melodramatic aren't you?
Costco Wholesale
NSG Puppet

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:06 pm

Mendit Key wrote:We can also wait before they invade and nuke us..

And then we nuke them ten times over in response.

Russia wins?
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Mendit Key
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mendit Key » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:06 pm

Exactly. Better act now - before they do it to us.

Nuloerkun
Attaché

Founded: Jan 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuloerkun » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:07 pm

Picairn wrote:
Continental Free States wrote:Good job! By letting Russia act with impunity in Eastern Europe because of a juvenile fear that any response other than a green light or mildly concerned letters will prompt Russian nukes flying at DC, you end up dragging the US and its allies into what will definitely be a nuclear war at a time Russia does in fact have a better hand to play. I'm not sure how you looked at Crimea and then the rest of Ukraine and not immediately get Munich-style red flags.

Last I checked a fully armed Minuteman is not a letter.

I wonder if the Ukrainians are countering with (non-nuclear obviously) bombing campaigns on Belgorod, Voroneż and nearby cities.
Last edited by Nuloerkun on Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mendit Key
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mendit Key » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:07 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Mendit Key wrote:We can also wait before they invade and nuke us..

Russia wins?

How exactly ? In a nuclear first strike, there is no real responsible possible.

Holy Nacimerian Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 17, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Nacimerian Empire » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:07 pm

Ah yes because Putin is going to send nukes to obliterate the US captial because according to you he is a bloody idiot with the brain of a child in the body of an old man. Meaning we should send aid to a nation whose chances of winning are slim and end up eventually sending americans to die for Kyiv
Last edited by Holy Nacimerian Empire on Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
‘‘What answer shall I take back to my people? It will be us today it will be you tomorrow.’’
-Haile Selassie Appeal to the League Of Nations!

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:07 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Continental Free States wrote:Good job! By letting Russia act with impunity in Eastern Europe because of a juvenile fear that any response other than a green light or mildly concerned letters will prompt Russian nukes flying at DC, you end up dragging the US and its allies into what will definitely be a nuclear war at a time Russia does in fact have a better hand to play. I'm not sure how you looked at Crimea and then the rest of Ukraine and not immediately get Munich-shaped red flags.

We don't have any obligation to give military aid to Ukraine. We don't have any alliance or guarantee with them.

That does not preclude us from helping them.
Doing the right thing, or most logical thing is more than just meeting legal obligations.

Again I do not think we should go to open war with Russia now. But we can and still should take steps short of war to help them.
Last edited by Novus America on Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Militant Costco
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Militant Costco » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:09 pm

Mendit Key wrote:
Militant Costco wrote:Yeah, but no one wins with nuclear war, peacenik or putinbot. You seem to be suggesting we should just nuke the Russians or that they would nuke us when there are at least a hundred other methods both sides could use to "win".

We can also wait before they invade and nuke us. --- and then what ? We're not dealing with rational actors here. We're dealing with people who have been wanting to take over Europe for a very long time. Did you ever check out Foundations of Geopolitics by Aleksandr Dugin ? He is a chief strategist for Putin. A fascist. A Nazi.

In the United States:

Russia should use its special services within the borders of the United States to fuel instability and separatism, for instance, provoke "Afro-American racists". Russia should "introduce geopolitical disorder into internal American activity, encouraging all kinds of separatism and ethnic, social and racial conflicts, actively supporting all dissident movements – extremist, racist, and sectarian groups, thus destabilizing internal political processes in the U.S. It would also make sense simultaneously to support isolationist tendencies in American politics".[9]
The Eurasian Project could be expanded to South and Central America.[9]

You really think Russia is going to throw everything away and just invade us, with nukes? Again, no one wins in that scenario. Rational or not, Putin wants to win wars. If Putin just wanted to commit suicide he would have just invaded Lithuania ages ago. Putin is first and foremost a KGB-man, not a Neonazi or doomsdayer. KGB is usually a little more subtle than "6000 nukes and a goodbye to humanity".
Last edited by Militant Costco on Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Costco Wholesale
NSG Puppet

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:09 pm

San Lumen wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Yes the art that’s what matters

Did you miss the other things I mentioned?

Didn’t see any mention of the death of 3 million people
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Mendit Key
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mendit Key » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:09 pm

Militant Costco wrote:
Continental Free States wrote:Good job! By letting Russia act with impunity in Eastern Europe because of a juvenile fear that any response other than a green light or mildly concerned letters will prompt Russian nukes flying at DC, you end up dragging the US and its allies into what will definitely be a nuclear war at a time Russia does in fact have a better hand to play. I'm not sure how you looked at Crimea and then the rest of Ukraine and not immediately get Munich-shaped red flags.

You seriously think the Russians won't 100% nuke us back if we sent a Minuteman ICBM? And that somehow the ICBM is our only option now just because Putin is taking over one country in Eastern Europe? A little melodramatic aren't you?

"Ah.. let's not worry about Herr Hitler's little attack on Poland. Surely, he will never invade Denmark, Norway, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Yugoslavia, Greece, North Africa and the USSR... And he will never bomb Britain into rubble and declare war on the United States. Don't be so melodramatic !"

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:10 pm

Mendit Key wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

Russia wins?

How exactly ? In a nuclear first strike, there is no real responsible possible.

The vast majority of our ICBMS are on submarines, which are quite resistant to a first strike.

Please not I am not some appeasenik. I support many actions to punish Russia here and help Ukraine. But there is a middle ground between “go full Munich” and “BOOB Russia”.
Last edited by Novus America on Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Mendit Key
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mendit Key » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:10 pm

Militant Costco wrote:
Mendit Key wrote:We can also wait before they invade and nuke us. --- and then what ? We're not dealing with rational actors here. We're dealing with people who have been wanting to take over Europe for a very long time. Did you ever check out Foundations of Geopolitics by Aleksandr Dugin ? He is a chief strategist for Putin. A fascist. A Nazi.

You really think Russia is going to throw everything away and just invade us, with nukes? Again, no one wins in that scenario. Rational or not, Putin wants to win wars. If Putin just wanted to commit suicide he would have just invaded Lithuania ages ago. Putin is first and foremost a KGB-man, not a Neonazi or doomsayers. KGB is usually a little more subtle than "6000 nukes and a goodbye to humanity".

In their mind, they win when we no longer exist. That's the measure of their resolve.

Mendit Key
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mendit Key » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:11 pm

Novus America wrote:
Mendit Key wrote:How exactly ? In a nuclear first strike, there is no real responsible possible.

The vast majority of our ICBMS are on submarines, which are quite resistant to a first strike.

But Britain and France ?

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:11 pm

Mendit Key wrote:
Militant Costco wrote:You seriously think the Russians won't 100% nuke us back if we sent a Minuteman ICBM? And that somehow the ICBM is our only option now just because Putin is taking over one country in Eastern Europe? A little melodramatic aren't you?

"Ah.. let's not worry about Herr Hitler's little attack on Poland. Surely, he will never invade Denmark, Norway, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Yugoslavia, Greece, North Africa and the USSR... And he will never bomb Britain into rubble and declare war on the United States. Don't be so melodramatic !"

That's precisely why Putin thought he should invade Ukraine. The only difference is the actors involved.

"Let's not worry about NATO admitting Germany. Surely they will never include Poland, the Baltics, etc."

Luxenermy
Attaché

Founded: Nov 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Luxenermy » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:12 pm

Mendit Key wrote:
Militant Costco wrote:You seriously think the Russians won't 100% nuke us back if we sent a Minuteman ICBM? And that somehow the ICBM is our only option now just because Putin is taking over one country in Eastern Europe? A little melodramatic aren't you?

The problem with this response is you assume that the massive American Military that's much larger than the Russian one can only respond with a nuclear missile, or complete pacifism.
Luxembourg's luck has finally turned in their favor, and the German nation has forced to concede to a collaboration government with the Luxembourgish, creating the great nation of Luxenermy. Now, that luck has extended to the German people as well. A great time for both peoples.

Germany and Luxembourg make us.

Militant Costco
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Militant Costco » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:12 pm

Mendit Key wrote:
Militant Costco wrote:You really think Russia is going to throw everything away and just invade us, with nukes? Again, no one wins in that scenario. Rational or not, Putin wants to win wars. If Putin just wanted to commit suicide he would have just invaded Lithuania ages ago. Putin is first and foremost a KGB-man, not a Neonazi or doomsayers. KGB is usually a little more subtle than "6000 nukes and a goodbye to humanity".

In their mind, they win when we no longer exist. That's the measure of their resolve.

Under your logic, why wouldn't Putin had nuked 20 years ago, when he had 7000 nukes instead of 6000. Why would he invest billions of dollars into an army that he plans to get obliterated in 20 minutes? Why work so hard eliminating your enemies and securing elections when you plan to destroy Russia in 20 minutes? It's not Putin that's irrational, it's you.
Costco Wholesale
NSG Puppet

Luxenermy
Attaché

Founded: Nov 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Luxenermy » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:13 pm

Militant Costco wrote:
Mendit Key wrote:In their mind, they win when we no longer exist. That's the measure of their resolve.

Under your logic, why wouldn't Putin had nuked 20 years ago, when he had 7000 nukes instead of 6000. Why would he invest billions of dollars into an army that he plans to get obliterated in 20 minutes? Why work so hard eliminating your enemies and securing elections when you plan to destroy Russia in 20 minutes? It's not Putin that's irrational, it's you.

Well said.
Luxembourg's luck has finally turned in their favor, and the German nation has forced to concede to a collaboration government with the Luxembourgish, creating the great nation of Luxenermy. Now, that luck has extended to the German people as well. A great time for both peoples.

Germany and Luxembourg make us.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:13 pm

Mendit Key wrote:
Novus America wrote:

But Britain and France ?

ALL of their ICBMS are on submarines. 100%.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Tarsonis
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 20, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tarsonis » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:13 pm

Mendit Key wrote:
Holy Nacimerian Empire wrote:And in that senario everyone dies and no one wins, Meaning the leader at the time of such an attack would be responsable for the deaths of Billions, giving them the highest kill count in history

Clearly being a peacenik doesn't work - when the other side is quite willing to off you. Just because they can.

you really don't understand the concept of M.A.D. do you...
Last edited by Tarsonis on Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS Keyboard Warrior since 2005
Ecclesiastes 1:18 "For in much wisdom is much vexation, and those who increase knowledge increase sorrow"
Thucydides: “The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools.”
1 Corinthians 5:12 "What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?"
Galatians 6:7 "Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for you reap whatever you sow."
T. Stevens: "I don't hold with equality in all things, but I believe in equality under the Law."
James I of Aragon "Have you ever considered that our position is Idolatry to the Rabbi?"
Debating Christian Theology with Non-Christians pretty much anybody be like

Holy Nacimerian Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 17, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Nacimerian Empire » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:13 pm

Mendit Key wrote:

I think you have forgotten that the angry racist man tried to conquer the world nearly 100 years ago and was mollywhopped, times have changed since then
Last edited by Holy Nacimerian Empire on Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‘‘What answer shall I take back to my people? It will be us today it will be you tomorrow.’’
-Haile Selassie Appeal to the League Of Nations!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General