NATION

PASSWORD

Bill Maher blames gaming, beards and bad attire for "incels"

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:39 pm

Galactic Transylvania wrote:Incels almost never have any actual degree of introspection and instead just want to blame someone else and so invent a whole head cannon where its their appearance stopping them because they can't quite control that and therefore they can pretend they aren't at fault.

If they're consumed by real life's equivalent to the Dark Side of the Force, then it isn't so easy to drag such people out of the bad place they're in. Past traumas or current shortcomings probably build on top of eachother. Most changes they're capable of won't be anything major or can't work miracles.
Last edited by Saiwania on Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Ozzy
Minister

Founded: Jan 06, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Ozzy » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:12 pm

Saiwania wrote:If they're consumed by real life's equivalent to the Dark Side of the Force, then it isn't so easy to drag such people out of the bad place they're in. Past traumas or current shortcomings probably build on top of eachother. Most changes they're capable of won't be anything major or can't work miracles.

That's definitely a factor for some of them, but most of the time incels are neurotypicals that are just hateful about their situation to the point of self-destruction.

In other words, it's truly just a weird unhealthy perspective to look at the world from.
Last edited by IM Meen on Wed May 15, 1996 1:29 pm, edited 756 times in total.

Long live the Global Liberation Army!
Leader of NS Hoofington Reapers

In this world we stand for what we love, for what is right and for our rights. If you don't stand for either one of these you don't stand at all. You're crippled mentally. Your rights give you your life, that life gives you the right to stand for what is right for the world and one of those rights in the world is standing strong for those you love and what you love as a whole.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:18 pm

I can sympathise with how a lot of 'incels' start out - generally vaguely unattractive or weird folks who get bullied and mistreated in the school system.

I don't sympathise with how they respond to it by deciding the entire world is an oppressive feminist nightmare designed to the sole benefit of 'foids' and the few 'Chads' they choose to mate with. It's hateful nonsense, and ensures they will never know the acceptance they seek since who would stick around long enough to get to know them if they come to a relationship with so much outright hostility?

Ozzy
Minister

Founded: Jan 06, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Ozzy » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:32 pm

Albrenia wrote:I can sympathise with how a lot of 'incels' start out - generally vaguely unattractive or weird folks who get bullied and mistreated in the school system.

I don't sympathise with how they respond to it by deciding the entire world is an oppressive feminist nightmare designed to the sole benefit of 'foids' and the few 'Chads' they choose to mate with. It's hateful nonsense, and ensures they will never know the acceptance they seek since who would stick around long enough to get to know them if they come to a relationship with so much outright hostility?

Precisely, the mindless aggression is ensuring that they're doomed to be socially isolated. The casual dehumanization of girls just exacerbates the issue and that's what a large portion of the blackpill community does.

You know, I never actually checked the scientific validity or extenuating circumstances behind the statistics they love to show in regards to a tiny percentage of men getting the majority of women while the majority of women settle for betabuxxers once they leave their prime. They're completely convinced they see the cold hard "truth" in love and sex.
Last edited by IM Meen on Wed May 15, 1996 1:29 pm, edited 756 times in total.

Long live the Global Liberation Army!
Leader of NS Hoofington Reapers

In this world we stand for what we love, for what is right and for our rights. If you don't stand for either one of these you don't stand at all. You're crippled mentally. Your rights give you your life, that life gives you the right to stand for what is right for the world and one of those rights in the world is standing strong for those you love and what you love as a whole.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:34 pm

Dakini wrote:
Stellar Colonies wrote:The main thrust of the class was about STDs, other information like that was a side detail. Wasn't a full class anyway, just a week-long unit dropped into the middle of a computer class.

And apart from that and a similarly-long unit from middle school that I remember even less of, that's my experience with sex ed from K-12.

Not gonna ascribe my anecdote to other people, but if something like that is a common experience, I'm not shocked many people have issues figuring out how it works if their main source of information is dubious sources on the Internet, especially factoring in social inexperience.

I learned more about sex from Dan Savage and Sue Johansen than I did in school. My school didn't even teach us that the clitoris exists.

Definetely learned that from popular culture.

It's been a looooooong time, but all I remember is: Childbirth would be extraordinarily difficult for girls before they were full grown adults, and once the dude has ejaculated the condom can be loose and if you keep going less effective.

Never reevaluated that last one. Since I've never managed to be in a sexual relationship where open talk about sex once we start having it was a thing, and I've played my part in that, it has led to probably more unsatisfying moments than I'd care to admit. At best I've managed to mumble something about the condom that probably sounded like an excuse for 'when I'm done, we're done', which was never my intent but certainly ended up that way a lot. Without the condom...I dunno, probably other problems.

I'm sure all this self reflection will fly out the window should I end up in a sexual relationship again.
Last edited by Cannot think of a name on Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

GuessTheAltAccount
Minister

Founded: Apr 27, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby GuessTheAltAccount » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:24 pm

Aggicificicerous wrote:I dunno. I value the rehabilitation of criminals, and I think I'm pretty one-faced.

Yeah, well, you don't speak for 36 million people any more than I do.

When Canadians can convince their correctional officers to stop slamming prisoners head-first against the prison wall until they bleed all over the floor, you let me know.

Aggicificicerous wrote:It seemed fairly clear. And like I said, plenty of single parents get by just fine, go through post-secondary, have careers. Being told to pay child support isn't the end of your life.

And yet, often times people's first instinct is to say "shoulda coulda would never did no gooda" instead of "that's not gonna happen." Methinks the exemptions you allude to either are different in theory than in practice, or vary from town to town too.

If the child support bills weren't what dragged him into poverty, people's first instinct would be to just say that. Not to wait until someone refutes their other arguments to get around to that one.

Aggicificicerous wrote:What are you talking about? What is my side? Half the time I don't know what you're saying.

The side supporting the status quo on these laws.

Aggicificicerous wrote:I'm sure those people you just made up are real bad, but I wish we could stick to real life examples.

I'm referring to the net effect of the plurality of voters.

Aggicificicerous wrote:I dunno. Systems vary by province or state, and how many of them are really destroying people's lives? Got any statistics on the matter?

I don't need them. The pattern of being wrong, on the part of the people denying these systems are destroying lives, can be extrapolated from all the false assumptions they came to about my personal life or even what it was I was saying to all the other people they're probably wrong about too. I'm not about to expect them to be right about something for once in their lives.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure I'd trust the statistics they cited anyway. No walk of life is immune from incentives for dishonesty, whether their own or that of the people funding them. And when the public has enough of a blind spot on this issue to attempt to smear anyone trying to draw attention to it, it's plausible statisticians may be more scared of losing funding than they let on.

. . .

Ozzy wrote:
Albrenia wrote:I can sympathise with how a lot of 'incels' start out - generally vaguely unattractive or weird folks who get bullied and mistreated in the school system.

Precisely, the mindless aggression is ensuring that they're doomed to be socially isolated. The casual dehumanization of girls just exacerbates the issue and that's what a large portion of the blackpill community does.

You know, I never actually checked the scientific validity or extenuating circumstances behind the statistics they love to show in regards to a tiny percentage of men getting the majority of women while the majority of women settle for betabuxxers once they leave their prime. They're completely convinced they see the cold hard "truth" in love and sex.

I mean, in my preteen years a girl who bullied me was rumoured by classmates to have a crush on me. If they were telling the truth, does that not discredit those who attribute opinions like mine to supposed "incel" status? If they were lying to try to make me feel better, does that not reveal their opinion that boys more badly want to feel lusted after than to feel loved? And if they then turn around and say that girls more badly want to feel loved than to feel lusted after, does that not constitute an implicit psychological gender-difference, for all their virtue signaling about how supposedly "gender neutral" their worldviews were?

I don't claim to know who to believe about this sort of thing either (and frankly, I've no idea where to start looking for stats, let alone for which conflicts of interest are involved in gathering them) but it isn't looking good for the more "normal" assumptions about love and sex when some of the more "normal" assumptions about these people turned out to be wrong. Even marriage rates aren't necessarily a reliable metric, as they fail to prove adultery isn't happening, or that even when it isn't, fail to prove people are having sex with their spouses. If people speculate Tony Harris isn't getting any with his wife, or that Ostroeuropa isn't either (I forget which thread) then that constitutes an implicit admission that marriage doesn't prove anything and that anyone is fair game for such speculation.

Besides, if they believe whatever it is they believe, isn't it honourable of them to stand by whatever they believe in, even if it costs them a sex life? And if pretending not to share such assumptions improves one's sex lives, doesn't that cast doubt on the sincerity of those claiming to doubt those assumptions?
Last edited by GuessTheAltAccount on Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bombadil wrote:My girlfriend wanted me to treat her like a princess, so I arranged for her to be married to a stranger to strengthen our alliance with Poland.

Dystopian Florida
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 18, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Dystopian Florida » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:47 pm

I remember when a girl two years older than me, the pastor's daughter, followed me during a youth group function at night into the men's room, turned off the lights, and screamed "rape" at the top of her lungs. My view of women has never been the same since.
Imagine Florida, but even worse!
Stay stupid games, win stupid prizes. Run stupid candidates, get your asses kicked at the ballot box.
RL politics are a bit more left-wing on most topics, though I have some rightist views on guns and some other issues.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:49 pm

Dystopian Florida wrote:I remember when a girl two years older than me, the pastor's daughter, followed me during a youth group function at night into the men's room, turned off the lights, and screamed "rape" at the top of her lungs. My view of women has never been the same since.

Four day old nation, no posts, provocative anecdote...

...checks out.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017

Postby Stellar Colonies » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:00 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Dystopian Florida wrote:I remember when a girl two years older than me, the pastor's daughter, followed me during a youth group function at night into the men's room, turned off the lights, and screamed "rape" at the top of her lungs. My view of women has never been the same since.

Four day old nation, no posts, provocative anecdote...

...checks out.

The signature too.
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009

Postby Esternial » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:49 am

Dakini wrote:
The Archregimancy wrote:
Well, that's disappointing.

How about Thrungor Magnificul Distrugatorul Sufletelor? My wife is the granddaughter of an Orthodox archpriest; I could try and have a word with the Romanian patriarchate if you're worried that's an obstacle.

I feel like that's still going to cause some character limit issues. I don't want the kid to have problems getting a passport or some nonsense down the line. Even if the Romanians would allow it on a birth certificate, the kid won't be Romanian unless they naturalise since we're not permanent residents here. It would be the Canadian and USA governments they get to deal with for citizenship paperwork.

Also, I mean, what poor five year old is going to be sitting in school trying to spell Thrungor? I had enough trouble spelling my middle name and had to carry a coin around so I could spell check it until I was like seven.

Just don't use accents. I have an accent in my last name and whenever I have to enter it digitally on e.g. a government website and it doesn't support accents I become paranoid.

"Sir this account and its savings belong to Mr. Bélgium, you are Mr. Belgium..."

Or worse, it then translates it to Mr. BÃilgium or something.
Last edited by Esternial on Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:15 am

Esternial wrote:
Dakini wrote:I feel like that's still going to cause some character limit issues. I don't want the kid to have problems getting a passport or some nonsense down the line. Even if the Romanians would allow it on a birth certificate, the kid won't be Romanian unless they naturalise since we're not permanent residents here. It would be the Canadian and USA governments they get to deal with for citizenship paperwork.

Also, I mean, what poor five year old is going to be sitting in school trying to spell Thrungor? I had enough trouble spelling my middle name and had to carry a coin around so I could spell check it until I was like seven.

Just don't use accents. I have an accent in my last name and whenever I have to enter it digitally on e.g. a government website and it doesn't support accents I become paranoid.

"Sir this account and its savings belong to Mr. Bélgium, you are Mr. Belgium..."

You neatly sidestepped giving your identity away, Mr Ned Flanders.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Aggicificicerous
Minister

Founded: Apr 24, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Aggicificicerous » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:37 am

GuessTheAltAccount wrote:Yeah, well, you don't speak for 36 million people any more than I do.

When Canadians can convince their correctional officers to stop slamming prisoners head-first against the prison wall until they bleed all over the floor, you let me know.

What's going on? You're flitting from what's taught in schools, to polls (as if that's some indication of honest, also very strange), then to correctional officers as if it's all the same thing and we're all responsible for this. It's confounding. Are you saying that because prison guards may be abuse, people are hypocrites for wanting rehabilitation?

GuessTheAltAccount wrote:And yet, often times people's first instinct is to say "shoulda coulda would never did no gooda" instead of "that's not gonna happen." Methinks the exemptions you allude to either are different in theory than in practice, or vary from town to town too.
If the child support bills weren't what dragged him into poverty, people's first instinct would be to just say that. Not to wait until someone refutes their other arguments to get around to that one.

Again, people you just made up. I don't even know what you're talking about anymore, and I'm not sure you do either.

GuessTheAltAccount wrote:The side supporting the status quo on these laws.

What laws? The ones saying that parents are legally responsible for their children? Is that a 'side' now?

GuessTheAltAccount wrote:I'm referring to the net effect of the plurality of voters.

Who are these voters? What are their beliefs? How do they express themselves? How do you know they exist?

GuessTheAltAccount wrote:I don't need them. The pattern of being wrong, on the part of the people denying these systems are destroying lives, can be extrapolated from all the false assumptions they came to about my personal life or even what it was I was saying to all the other people they're probably wrong about too. I'm not about to expect them to be right about something for once in their lives.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure I'd trust the statistics they cited anyway. No walk of life is immune from incentives for dishonesty, whether their own or that of the people funding them. And when the public has enough of a blind spot on this issue to attempt to smear anyone trying to draw attention to it, it's plausible statisticians may be more scared of losing funding than they let on.

No, you do need statistics. You need evidence. You need something grounded in reality and not in conjecture or I'm done. All you've got is assertions on people who you imagine to exist. I want to know what group of people you think is responsible for this at the ballot box, because I think there probably are people out there who'd match your description. But do you understand who they are, or are you just drawing from a fevered dream?

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:27 am

Esternial wrote:
Dakini wrote:I feel like that's still going to cause some character limit issues. I don't want the kid to have problems getting a passport or some nonsense down the line. Even if the Romanians would allow it on a birth certificate, the kid won't be Romanian unless they naturalise since we're not permanent residents here. It would be the Canadian and USA governments they get to deal with for citizenship paperwork.

Oh, I know. Our preferred girl's name can have umlauts which we're going to omit for official documents and use in the unofficial spelling if it turns out to be a girl. Life is hard enough without having accents in the legal version of your name.

Also, my partner worked with a woman who has a hyphenated first name, which is apparently also a nightmare to deal with (hyphenated surnames are fine, but nobody knows how to deal with a hyphenated given name).
Last edited by Dakini on Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Tryphalia
Envoy

Founded: Dec 04, 2018
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby New Tryphalia » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:30 am

I don’t care who replaces Trudeau, as long as it isn’t Trudeau.
Hellenistic pagan military monarchy with strong patriarchal tendencies, a generous welfare state, powerful trade unions, and a mixed-market economy.
“The 1980s are calling. They want their foreign policy back.” - President Barack Obama to Mitt Romney, 2012
“But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say that there are twenty Gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.” - Thomas Jefferson

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:42 am

New Tryphalia wrote:I don’t care who replaces Trudeau, as long as it isn’t Trudeau.

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

New Tryphalia
Envoy

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby New Tryphalia » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:44 am

Dakini wrote:
New Tryphalia wrote:I don’t care who replaces Trudeau, as long as it isn’t Trudeau.

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

Weirdest response yet.
Hellenistic pagan military monarchy with strong patriarchal tendencies, a generous welfare state, powerful trade unions, and a mixed-market economy.
“The 1980s are calling. They want their foreign policy back.” - President Barack Obama to Mitt Romney, 2012
“But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say that there are twenty Gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.” - Thomas Jefferson

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:49 am

New Tryphalia wrote:
Dakini wrote:Sir, this is a Wendy's.

Weirdest response yet.

Not nearly as weird as screaming about Trudeau in a thread about Bill Maher and incels.

New Tryphalia
Envoy

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby New Tryphalia » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:52 am

Dakini wrote:
New Tryphalia wrote:
Weirdest response yet.

Not nearly as weird as screaming about Trudeau in a thread about Bill Maher and incels.

Trudeau is extremely hostile to men’s rights and men in general. It’s quite relevant.

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:53 am

New Tryphalia wrote:
Dakini wrote:Not nearly as weird as screaming about Trudeau in a thread about Bill Maher and incels.

Trudeau is extremely hostile to men’s rights and men in general. It’s quite relevant.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It's also telling that you associate incels with "men's rights".

New Tryphalia
Envoy

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby New Tryphalia » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:56 am

Dakini wrote:
New Tryphalia wrote:

He’s hostile to all men. Internalized misandrist.

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:58 am

New Tryphalia wrote:
Dakini wrote: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Okay, whatever you say buddy.

Galactic Transylvania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 01, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Galactic Transylvania » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:05 am

"Should we address the real issues that men face? No. We should associate ourselves with antisocial losers who are upset women like men who occasionally get a shower."

-MRAs
_____ _____
______
She/Her
Feelin' 22
Call me a Liberal all you want, it isn't an insult.
Women's Rights are Human Rights. Trans Women are Women. This Account Says Gay Rights.

Pro:
Social Progressivism, Regulated Markets, 2A,
Democracy, Ample Social Safety Nets
Con:
Conservatism, Theocracy, Totalitarianism,
Fascism, Socialism (No, Welfare isn't Socialism)
AMERICAN
GO PATS! GO SOX! GO B'S! GO C'S!
Amateur Movie Lover, Good Bad and Ugly
Four Loko Enjoyer, Artificial Liver Requester
Recovering Barb

REPO! and Rocky Horror: the one true Science Fiction Double Feature
On again, off again NSer since 2014, Lady of Many Nations

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:21 am

New Tryphalia wrote:
Dakini wrote: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You see, women's bodies are beautiful. But men's bodies, I see them everywhere. Lockers rooms, cocks all over the place. ( shudder) --- Reg Dunlop
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017

Postby Stellar Colonies » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:12 pm

Galactic Transylvania wrote:"Should we address the real issues that men face? No. We should associate ourselves with antisocial losers who are upset women like men who occasionally get a shower."

-MRAs

"Not real MRAs"
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

GuessTheAltAccount
Minister

Founded: Apr 27, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby GuessTheAltAccount » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:41 pm

Aggicificicerous wrote:What's going on? You're flitting from what's taught in schools, to polls (as if that's some indication of honest, also very strange), then to correctional officers as if it's all the same thing and we're all responsible for this. It's confounding. Are you saying that because prison guards may be abuse, people are hypocrites for wanting rehabilitation?

In case it's not obvious yet, the recurring theme is to contrast' voters actions with their words.

Aggicificicerous wrote:Again, people you just made up. I don't even know what you're talking about anymore, and I'm not sure you do either.

Not made up, but pieced together from the words and actions of separate people, and taking an average thereof.

Aggicificicerous wrote:What laws? The ones saying that parents are legally responsible for their children? Is that a 'side' now?

The side saying that whether or not he used a condom, whether his sex with her was under the belief that she wouldn't keep the resulting baby even if the condom broke, whether or not she got pregnant off him on purpose to try to trap him with a baby, etc... are all completely irrelevant to how much of the child support should be paid by him and how much by the government, how much leniency or a grace period should be granted if he can't afford it yet, etc...

Aggicificicerous wrote:Who are these voters? What are their beliefs? How do they express themselves? How do you know they exist?

Because Canada would look very different if they believed differently than they do.

Aggicificicerous wrote:No, you do need statistics. You need evidence.

NSG, when making Ostroeuropa out to be not getting any with his wife, when making anyone expressing negative stereotypes about cheerleaders out to be an incel, when making anyone claiming girls 'prefer a macho man over some guy who's just like her female friends' out to be not as cool as other guys and therefore doing nothing but jerking off to anime and crying, and that's just counting the stuff they said about others here, before you get into the stuff said about myself:
"Evidence? We don't need no stinking evidence!"

NSG now:
"You do need statistics. You need evidence."

Fahran ought to sue you for plagiarism of her particular approach to virtue-signaling.

Where "reasoning" ends and "evidence" begins is a subjective matter, but where one side of this debate has been wrong about everything they presumed about myself, and now is hypocritical on top of that, yeah, I think I can extrapolate the pattern to this issue.

But if that's not enough, how about you answer this; so long as "dead-broke dads" are a thing, why should we trust that the system has adequate safeguards in place that any teenage father is safe from becoming one?

Aggicificicerous wrote:You need something grounded in reality and not in conjecture or I'm done.

It's more than "conjecture" to extrapolate one side's disproportionate pattern of hypocrisy, smears, and outright falsehoods about the people about whom they speculate.

Not that I think anyone on this site was ever sincere about caring about evidence in the first place, in light of all of the above.
Bombadil wrote:My girlfriend wanted me to treat her like a princess, so I arranged for her to be married to a stranger to strengthen our alliance with Poland.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General